Start by marking “My Blue” as Want to Read:

Leo

For most of my life, Ella Blue had been by my side. My best friend. My whole world. Then she vanished. Without a trace. I didn’t know how to move on without her, but I knew in my heart I’d never let her go—I’d wait for her forever.

Ella Blue

For me, no time has passed. I have no clue what happened to the last eight years of my life.
I have no memories of a life without
Published July 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about My Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Blue

Start your review of My Blue
Mandie
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beautiful, edge-of-your seat, second chance romance that gave me all the feels. I heart Ella and Leo so hard!!
Liz
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I love second chance romance stories but excessive family interference always seems to lose my interest. An enjoyable read but it wasn't really my bag. I do seem to judge a book by it's cover.
Laura ~Passion flower
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

My Blue by Emery Jacobs (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Buoni Amici Press for an honest review. I have voluntarily read this book and have provided my honest opinion.

(*teaser courtesy of the author*)

"An Emotionally-Powerful Read"

An exquisitely beautiful and tragic story about a young immensely tangible forever kind-of-love, filled with loss and desolation, dedication and sacrifice, and, absolute whole-hearted devotion..

Wow..a powerhouse of a story that utterly blew-me-away with
Danielle S.
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ella Blue & Leo Matson have loved each other for a long time. Sadly, on her seventeenth birthday her dad decided to be a huge dick and send her packing because he didn’t like Leo for her.

Fast forward 8 years and she’s back in town. Leo is completely unaware of her arrival and utterly shocked to see her. But then she disappears again and this time when she comes back she’s got no recollection of her time apart from him.

While he’s trying to help her get her memories back they (mainly him)
Shirley Cuypers
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, arc-beta, 2019
my link text

This book was provided by the author through Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Emery Jacobs and Give Me Books Promotions!

My Blue
is the first book I’ve read by Emery Jacobs and tells the story of Leo and Ella Blue. They’ve known each other when they were younger and all of a sudden Ella Blue had to leave. But now she’s back…

I really liked the story and the pace of the book. I read this book in two days because it was just such a quick read and I
Kelly
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leo and Ella Blue, two teenagers in love and eight years of circumstances.

My Blue by Emery Jacobs is a wonderful romance novel that takes the reader through a series of emotions from the time you meet Leo's Blue on her 17th birthday until you read the epilogue. Leo and Ella's relationship is marred by parents, best friends and circumstances out of their control. Emery kept me hooked on this storyline as I tried to figure out who did what and why and how it was all going to play out.

Leo with all
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog

My Blue is a super sweet second chance romance that’s packed with mystery and suspense. I was flying through the pages trying to unravel the mystery of exactly what happened all while enjoying how sweet Leo and Ella Blue were together. While I really did overall enjoy their story there were some things that held me back from really falling in love.
Mostly that boils down to it felt like most of it was rushed. Things move at a lightning fast pace and there were moments because of it that
Haddie
Oh Mylanta! I'm keeping this short and sweet. READ THIS BOOK. You will fall in love with Ella and Leo. You will be on the edge of your seat with anticipation, wanting to know what will happen as you chew on your fingernails until there is nothing left of them (I speak from experience) If you want an emotionally involved, second chance at love story, this is that book. Pick it up. Right now. You will not regret it!

I did receive an advance copy of this book, but I love this book so much. I
Tania's Book Blog
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Second chance romance that was good but to me still needed more. Ella Blue and Leo were childhood sweethearts and from different family backgrounds. They were inseparable until things happened and they were separated. Fast forward 8 years when they see each other again but things are different. At times it seemed liked Leo didn’t want to completely reconnect and poor Ella and her issue it was prolonged to long. Not bad but it could’ve been better.
CK
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story that you will remember for years to come! A second chance romance that surpasses time and never loses its chemistry, intensity and authenticity. I so loved seeing Ella blue and Leo evolve and finally get their hea!
JoAnne
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend this awesome story -- one of those you can't put down till you finish books. A beautiful and tragic love story that turns into a second chance romance that is so well written you will riding an emotional roller coaster as you become totally immersed in their story.
Teresa Lara
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blue and Leo grabbed my heart and twisted
Intense emotional broken heart stopping love story
Jane
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks to the author for this book.

I can't remember the last time I finished a book almost in one day nor such a sweet love story. This was sort of a YA book (started when Leo & Ella Blue were 17 & 18) when they when they were wrenched apart due to Ella's parent sending her away. I loved that he called her by her middle name Blue.

Here it is 8 years later, in their 20s, Ella is back in TX, singing with a band and Leo finds her again. All of a sudden Ella loses all those years of memories
Tara Peters
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Blue is a book that will pull at your heart strings. Ella Blue and Leo are in love and happy. He is close to graduating high school while she still has a year left. She is trying to talk him into going to college and she will follow, but he knows that college isn't for him. While trying to promise her forever, the cops show up and arrest Leo. Neither one knows why he is being arrested and the cops won't tell him. While he is in jail overnight, Ella goes home and is confronted by her parents. ...more
Leslee
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing gets my attention quite like second chance romances and this one sucked me in and didn't let go. Leo and Ella Blue have been best friends since childhood and in love almost as long. Unfortunately, her parents, her father especially aren't happy with their daughter dating Leo. He will stop at nothing to make sure that he controls his daughter's life. He succeeds on the night of her seventeenth birthday and neither Leo nor Blue will ever be the same. Fast forward eight years and Ella comes ...more
Cat
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An unforgettable romance,this book is magnificent in every way.
Ella and Leo stole my heart with their timeless,captivating Love.
But like All Epic Love stories there are always obstacles and Circumstances that will hinder the way,and this is no exception for Ella and Leo.
A second chance romantic suspense,my Blue will have you on the edge of your seat with its intriguing plot, clever storyline and twisty surprises.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, Emery Jacobs as created an emotionally charged
Mandy Barnes
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ella Blue & Leo have a love that is as old as time, a perpetual love that cannot be stopped no matter who or what gets in the way. But soon their love will be put to the test and hopefully they come out on top. But Can Leo step back into the same role and find the love they once had after 8 years apart? Will Ella Blue still want Leo like she did not so long ago? Love will find a way where there seems to be none.

Emery Jacobs is a new to me author and I must say that she just gained a new
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second chance romance from Emery Jacobs was a wonderful read from start to finish. My Blue is the story of Ella Blue and Leo and how they find their way back to each other through circumstances that play out during the book. Not only do we have the struggle between them but there is an element of suspense since there are unanswered questions that play a part in how everything happens. Clear? Just go and read this wonderfully written story to see a love that lasts!
R Rais
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second chance small town romance
Best friend to lover
Bit suspence and mystery

I'll say My Blue have good premise for plot. But I think the author didn't put enough kick in it to make it amazing.

I like the little mystery surrounding Blue accident. And then to what happened to Leo eight years ago that separated them at first place. I wish the author explain more about why the father hate them together so much more.
Taylor
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is definitely different from what Emery has written in the past but it’s so good! It’s a second chance with a little suspense and puzzle pieces to put together kinda book, which I love! Plus we get a little bit more Beau which never hurt anyone lol

I also love the fact that you get excited about other characters and the possibility of spin-offs!

Another fantastic story well crafted (not to mention well written!) by Emery. I cannot wait to see what she has for us next!
Janet Hammons
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love it! It was so intriguing. I was on the edge of my seat, just waiting for the story to unfold. It was emotional as well. I cried, got very angry ,mostly with Ella's parents and just couldn't believe how the story unfold. An amazing read. Couldn't put it down.
Alex ♈
Jul 01, 2019 marked it as maybe-not-sure-yet
Would be thankful for update, if
-he was with OWs, while they were friends
-he became/was a manwhore, while she was missing
-she was either a virgin or celibate for many years
Traci
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-won
if you like second chance romance books then you NEED to read this book! i absolutely loved Ella Blue & Leo's story although it did make me cry at times, but there were several other emotions throughout the book, so a few tears here and there were ok. it's one of those books that you just wanna read all the way through without stopping to do things (like sleep lol)
Rebecca Austin
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy, trsor
Ella Blue Kincaid has been in love with Leo Matson for as long as she can remember but her father disapproved of him and sent her away. Now 8 years later she has returned home to Idlewood, Texas but has found herself in the hospital with no memories of the last 8 years.

Leo Matson has never gotten over losing his best friend and the love of his life Ella Blue and is shocked when he shows up at The Bait and hears her with her band The Velvet Dolls. Yet Leo also remembers the warnings of Ella's
Mary Brannian
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want a second chance at falling in love with you for the first time. ~Unknown

“You’ll always be my Blue, no matter where you are.” - Leo Matson

Leo and Ella Blue are inseparable; they have been ever since they were young children. As they grew, so did their feelings for one another. Ella Blue knows she loves Leo, and that Leo loves her. On her seventeenth birthday, Leo and Ella Blue go to their favorite location: Redwood Park.

As Leo begins to ask Ella Blue an important question, they are
Christine C
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ella Blue and Leo are high school sweethearts who have grown up together and have loved each other basically their entire lives. On the night of Ella Blue's 17th birthday, she and Leo are celebrating together when he is arrested without cause. She appeals to her father, who sends Ella Blue to an all-girls boarding school in Florida and threatens Leo if she ever contacts him again.

Eight years later, she is in a band and has a concert in her old hometown. Leo is shocked to see Ella Blue on stage,
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
Emery Jacobs' has such a way with words. My Blue is really unlike any other book that she has written. This has an intense mystery feel to it that I loved. It made it so that My Blue was really a compulsive like read. I really loved the emotional and seriously full of feelings that just radiates from the page. Jacobs certainly makes Ella and Leo work for their HEA. I thought Miss Jacobs was really creative in the development of this story. The way she portrays Ella and the way Ella remembers ...more
The Smutbrarians
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Feels 3
Steam 3
Storyline 4.5
Overall Rating 4.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Ladyballs

This book had me within the first chapter. Blue is head over heels in love with Wes and vice versa. They truly are soulmates and on her 17th birthday, just as she thinks he is about to propose Wes gets arrested. That same night when she gets home her horrible father sends her away.

Once Wes gets out of jail he goes straight to Blue's house where he confronts her father and he's told she chose to
Letras Lidas
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ella Blue & Leo were teenagers in love, but on her 17th birthday, her father stepped in to separate them permanently, and Leo never knew why his Blue disappeared on him. Fast forward 8 years, Ella Blue comes back to town with her band, and it shocks the hell out of Leo, who hasn't gotten over her. However, the next time he sees her, something happened to her, and she has no recollection of the past 8 years. Her last memory is of them on her 17th birthday. He doesn't know what to do because ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Imaginary Friend
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Wicked Beautiful (Wicked Games #1)
  • Anyone But Rich (Anyone But... #1)
  • Something Like Hate
  • Badd Daddy (Badd Brothers, #12)
  • Falling for the Alpha Billionaire 1: Redemption
  • Ask Me Why
  • The Gladiators' Slave (Warriors of Rome #1)
  • Magic Be With You: Novella One
  • Finding Storm (The Storm, #4)
  • Breaker
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Darkest Sinner
  • Dark Surrender (The Dark Ones Saga, #3)
  • Paolo’s Pride (Sinful, #1)

Emery grew up in Southern Arkansas and has lived most of her adult life in Northern Louisiana. She spends her days working as a Nurse Practitioner in rural health and her nights reading, writing, and occasionally sleeping.

She loves real life romance…lots of angst and heartbreak, but always a happy ending.