Start by marking “My Blue” as Want to Read:
My Blue

My Blue

Leo

For most of my life, Ella Blue had been by my side. My best friend. My whole world. Then she vanished. Without a trace. I didn’t know how to move on without her, but I knew in my heart I’d never let her go—I’d wait for her forever.

Ella Blue

For me, no time has passed. I have no clue what happened to the last eight years of my life.
I have no memories of a life without
Published July 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about My Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Blue

Mandie
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, edge-of-your seat, second chance romance that gave me all the feels. I heart Ella and Leo so hard!!
CK
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story that you will remember for years to come! A second chance romance that surpasses time and never loses its chemistry, intensity and authenticity. I so loved seeing Ella blue and Leo evolve and finally get their hea!
Laura ~Passion flower
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

My Blue by Emery Jacobs (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Buoni Amici Press for an honest review. I have voluntarily read this book and have provided my honest opinion.

(*teaser courtesy of the author*)

"An Emotionally-Powerful Read"

An exquisitely beautiful and tragic story about a young immensely tangible forever kind-of-love, filled with loss and desolation, dedication and sacrifice, and, absolute whole-hearted devotion..

Wow..a powerhouse of a story that utterly blew-me-away with
Alex ♈
Jul 01, 2019 marked it as maybe-not-sure-yet
Would be thankful for update, if
-he was with OWs, while they were friends
-he became/was a manwhore, while she was missing
-she was either a virgin or celibate for many years
Deekay
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very intriguing and unpredictable story. This romance is unlike any other romances. There are so many great romantic moments in the story, but there was also a little bit of mystery elements in it, making it a crossover between contemporary romance and crime/mystery. The whole story was great and the mystery surrounding Leo’s missing car and Ella’s incident that resulted in her having an amnesia was a clever plot to make the story more interesting.

Ella and Leo used to be together, and something
Tara Peters
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Blue is a book that will pull at your heart strings. Ella Blue and Leo are in love and happy. He is close to graduating high school while she still has a year left. She is trying to talk him into going to college and she will follow, but he knows that college isn't for him. While trying to promise her forever, the cops show up and arrest Leo. Neither one knows why he is being arrested and the cops won't tell him. While he is in jail overnight, Ella goes home and is confronted by her parents. ...more
The Smutbrarians
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me within the first chapter. Blue is head over heels in love with Wes and vice versa. They truly are soulmates and on her 17th birthday, just as she thinks he is about to propose Wes gets arrested. That same night when she gets home, her horrible father sends her away.

Once Wes gets out of jail he goes straight to Blue's house where he confronts her father. In not so many nice words he tells Wes, he is a loser and not good enough for his daughter and she chose to leave. It crushes
Leslee
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing gets my attention quite like second chance romances and this one sucked me in and didn't let go. Leo and Ella Blue have been best friends since childhood and in love almost as long. Unfortunately, her parents, her father especially aren't happy with their daughter dating Leo. He will stop at nothing to make sure that he controls his daughter's life. He succeeds on the night of her seventeenth birthday and neither Leo nor Blue will ever be the same. Fast forward eight years and Ella comes ...more
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
Emery Jacobs' has such a way with words. My Blue is really unlike any other book that she has written. This has an intense mystery feel to it that I loved. It made it so that My Blue was really a compulsive like read. I really loved the emotional and seriously full of feelings that just radiates from the page. Jacobs certainly makes Ella and Leo work for their HEA. I thought Miss Jacobs was really creative in the development of this story. The way she portrays Ella and the way Ella remembers onl ...more
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
My blue was highly emotional and suspenseful! I enjoyed it, I think I would’ve liked it more if the main character wasn’t so quick to burst into tears. Ella Blue goes to through a something traumatic that no one knows happened, it’s locked away in her mind and she’s lost 8 years of her life in a flash due to the amnesia. I loved Leo and how deeply he loved Ella. Their love story is not an easy road but it’s beautiful. I understand Ella is in a emotional state with everything happening but ugh sh ...more
kgagnon
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This second chance romance was so emotional and intriguing! We meet Ella Blue & Leo when they are both in high school. They are long time friends whose feelings grew into a powerful, more mature love. But Ella Blues parents wanted more for Ella and they are abruptly and tragically torn apart. Now years later they are back in their home town together. They both have never recovered from that heartbreaking night. When Leo is willing to open his heart to her again, Ella suffers a mysterious eve ...more
Aisling Cooper
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on Behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blogs

I love second chance romance and this one I couldn’t put down. Leo and Ella have been best friends since childhood fast forward 8 years and a lot of unanswered questions Ella comes home hopefully to get some closure.

Ella however has amnesia and is found wandering the streets confused but Leo has never forgotten about her but had given up on ever finding love until Ella returned.

This book kept me guessing, the romance between Ella & Leo
Ga Books LoverX
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book is intense and gets 4.5 outta 5 stars from me! Such a sweet, heartbreaking romance that shows you that love will find a way!

8 years ago Leo and Ella Blue had the romance of a lifetime at just 17 years old. Then it was ripped away from them. 8 years they have been apart until she walks back into town to sing and the local dive bar with her band. Then just a day later she is walking through town with no memory of the past 8 years and the last thing she remembers is Leo.

Join this jou
Dee
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“A Second Chance for Childhood Sweethearts”

Ella Blue and Leo were young and madly in love, but obstacles were standing in the way of their forever. Leo was from the “wrong side of the tracks”, and not “good enough” for a small-town mayor’s daughter. When people and events conspire to keep them apart, Leo spends the next eight years trying to forget his feelings for Ella Blue. When Ella returns to her hometown, their paths cross. Old feelings come to the surface, but obstacles are still complicat
Cat
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An unforgettable romance,this book is magnificent in every way.
Ella and Leo stole my heart with their timeless,captivating Love.
But like All Epic Love stories there are always obstacles and Circumstances that will hinder the way,and this is no exception for Ella and Leo.
A second chance romantic suspense,my Blue will have you on the edge of your seat with its intriguing plot, clever storyline and twisty surprises.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, Emery Jacobs as created an emotionally charged compe
Mandy Barnes
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ella Blue & Leo have a love that is as old as time, a perpetual love that cannot be stopped no matter who or what gets in the way. But soon their love will be put to the test and hopefully they come out on top. But Can Leo step back into the same role and find the love they once had after 8 years apart? Will Ella Blue still want Leo like she did not so long ago? Love will find a way where there seems to be none.

Emery Jacobs is a new to me author and I must say that she just gained a new read
Rady Reads
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ella Kincade has ever loved only one boy but was forced to leave, otherwise the promise of her father's to make his life miserable would happen.

From fear and love she leaves the town of Idlewood behind together with the love of her life, Leo Matson.

Almost decade later after the tour of her band, she wants to spend 3 month in Idlewood and get the closure she's always wanted. Except....she's been found lost and with amnesia and her only memories from 8 years ago right before the two of them were
Kelly
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leo and Ella Blue, two teenagers in love and eight years of circumstances.

My Blue by Emery Jacobs is a wonderful romance novel that takes the reader through a series of emotions from the time you meet Leo's Blue on her 17th birthday until you read the epilogue. Leo and Ella's relationship is marred by parents, best friends and circumstances out of their control. Emery kept me hooked on this storyline as I tried to figure out who did what and why and how it was all going to play out.

Leo with all
Danielle S.
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ella Blue & Leo Matson have loved each other for a long time. Sadly, on her seventeenth birthday her dad decided to be a huge dick and send her packing because he didn’t like Leo for her.

Fast forward 8 years and she’s back in town. Leo is completely unaware of her arrival and utterly shocked to see her. But then she disappears again and this time when she comes back she’s got no recollection of her time apart from him.

While he’s trying to help her get her memories back they (mainly him) ar
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
My Blue is a sweet second chance romance with a twist. I liked it a lot but I also think it could have been a little longer and gone into a little more detail. Regardless, I really liked Ella and Leo. The book had a mystery component that I was not expecting but really enjoyed! I liked trying to figure it out, although once I got to a certain part of the book I figured it out pretty quickly before it was all revealed. Overall this was a really good, quick read with likable main characters and an ...more
Lisa   cheney
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book, from the first words that took my breath away to the ending, there wasn't anything i couldn't relate to this book. Ella blue and leo matson had something special there was no denying it. not even time could stand in the way, at 17 and 18 you would think you know what you want out of life, Leo and blue did and neither were going to give up on each other. thank you for this epic love story i will leave you with something that stood out for me in the book. "loving Blue ...more
Bamagirl6286
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Blue starts off with a bang! This is Leo and Ella Blues love story ... Leo and Ella have been together for as long as they can recall , then a turn of events occur and they are separated unwillingly. Fast forward eight years later they are about to be back together in the exact same place at the exact same time unknowingly, however, tragedy strikes and now things are so different , but they need each other for each ones own personal reasons ... My Blue has lots of twist and turns but in the e ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog

My Blue is a super sweet second chance romance that’s packed with mystery and suspense. I was flying through the pages trying to unravel the mystery of exactly what happened all while enjoying how sweet Leo and Ella Blue were together. While I really did overall enjoy their story there were some things that held me back from really falling in love.
Mostly that boils down to it felt like most of it was rushed. Things move at a lightning fast pace and there were moments because of it that
KS
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
An intriguing second chance love story.

I'm a sucker for these type of stories and this one was more intriguing than I expected. Ella and Leo had a strong young love that was ripped apart. Leo doesn't know why Ella Blue vanished without saying good-bye. Ella's most recent memory was her last night with Leo.

The way they find their way back to each other was sweet, but tense. Lots of side characters - some good, some not, some you aren't sure if they are trustworthy, some are definitely not.

It was
Haddie
Oh Mylanta! I'm keeping this short and sweet. READ THIS BOOK. You will fall in love with Ella and Leo. You will be on the edge of your seat with anticipation, wanting to know what will happen as you chew on your fingernails until there is nothing left of them (I speak from experience) If you want an emotionally involved, second chance at love story, this is that book. Pick it up. Right now. You will not regret it!

I did receive an advance copy of this book, but I love this book so much. I purchas
Sissy's Romance Book Review
My Blue by Emery Jacobs is the story of Ella Blue and Leo.
Leo and Ella Blue where friends that were in love but being around 17 years old her parents didn't like them together...especially her father. Ella Blue disappeared from Leo's life but he never moved past her and then about 8 years later she is back in his world. But Ella has amnesia which of course makes her loose a that time frame in her life.
This was a a good mystery romance along with the second chance at love theme. Enjoyed their s
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am new to this author and I love second chance romances, My Blue is about Leo and Ella Blue they have been in each others lives pretty much all through their own lives as best friends and then as a couple but of course her parents do not like her being with him.
When she has her birthday her parents use that to make her whole life change.
Now she is back and does not remember the past 8 years and now these two have to find a way to the love that is there but just needs rediscovered.
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ella and Leo have been best friends and in love since childhood, and when circumstances beyond their control separate them, life is never the same for either of them. Now years later Ella is back in town to try and find closure on her past, but can they find their way back together and have a second chance on love? This is a beautifully written story which is intense and gritty with suspense and love. I was totally hooked and intrigued throughout and highly recommend for all readers.
Tania's Book Blog
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Second chance romance that was good but to me still needed more. Ella Blue and Leo were childhood sweethearts and from different family backgrounds. They were inseparable until things happened and they were separated. Fast forward 8 years when they see each other again but things are different. At times it seemed liked Leo didn’t want to completely reconnect and poor Ella and her issue it was prolonged to long. Not bad but it could’ve been better.
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second chance romance from Emery Jacobs was a wonderful read from start to finish. My Blue is the story of Ella Blue and Leo and how they find their way back to each other through circumstances that play out during the book. Not only do we have the struggle between them but there is an element of suspense since there are unanswered questions that play a part in how everything happens. Clear? Just go and read this wonderfully written story to see a love that lasts!

Emery grew up in Southern Arkansas and has lived most of her adult life in Northern Louisiana. She spends her days working as a Nurse Practitioner in rural health and her nights reading, writing, and occasionally sleeping.

She loves real life romance…lots of angst and heartbreak, but always a happy ending.