Start by marking “Climbing The Longhorn (Illicit Heat, #2)” as Want to Read:
Climbing The Longhorn (Illicit Heat, #2)

Climbing The Longhorn

(Illicit Heat #2)

It was on the suggestion of Christian's therapist that he spend more time outdoors to enjoy the fresh air and get a little exercise in the process. His family and friends were constantly harping on him to do the same.

“Live a little and don't be afraid to take chances,” they said.

“Life's a journey best enjoyed with a healthy dose of adrenaline,” others said.

But th
ebook
Published by Rock Gods, Inc. (first published July 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Climbing The Longhorn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Climbing The Longhorn

Start your review of Climbing The Longhorn (Illicit Heat, #2)
True Loveislovereview
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, lgbtq
Christian is stunned when he sees through his binoculars a naked guy jerking off on the small beach in the forest.. “Spend more time in the nature” said his therapist... well the naked nature was quite something. And it was even getting better when Derek discover he is been watched by a gorgeous man. His motto is being one with nature... and that means naked...

I found myself just as embarrassed as Christian... a constant naked guy around and a constant boner... and he doesn’t even know him.
It wa
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ann lister is freaking killing me with this salacious series! They are like taking shots! Quick and easy, but always leave you wanting more.
I loved Climbing The Longhorn.
(Just the name cracks me up!)
....but I desperately NEEDED MORE. Damnit!! When I read the last page, I internally screamed nooooooo! I didn't want it to end. You know a story is going to be good when it involves, a naked sexy guy hiking in the woods...
Derek and Christian were HOT, sweet and soooo much fun. Besides being sexy as
Lelyana's Reviews
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, mm, 2018, short

It was a good hiking for Christian, not everyone finding a cute naked guy and 'interested' when they're doing their hiking.
A very short entertaining, steamy story. Nice cute short read before heading to bed, huh? Wink.
Faye K
❤A short story for the second of the illict series. A great start with a bit of voyeurism sexy scene. Humour and sarcasm from the characters.
Christian is about to take a journey into love via a bush path. Derek has lots to show Christian. lol A fantastic novella, l loved it...
Emily Seelye
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a super short, yet hot and entertaining read.

*ARC provided by LesCourt services
T.L. Travis
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And they’re off!

This book kicks into high from the star and never relents - and I freaking loved it. I had to cover my mouth to stifle the giggles that couldn’t stop. What an epic short read!
Sue
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'M GOING TO START HIKING

Another fast paced sexy hot quick read from Ann Lister. Christian is taking friends advice and getting out more. He thought hiking would help clear his mind and be great exercise. Derek, a gorgeous naked guy takes his cardio to whole new levels. This is a quick read that makes you smile and gives you the goody, good parts. It's fun, the characters are charming and it makes you wish for waterfalls. This is Book #2 but it is a standalone. BUT Book #1 Model Student was also
Joanne Mountford
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Naked hiking is not something I could really pull off, if I’m being completely honest my hubby couldn’t either. He doesn’t like them swinging around like clackers. His words not mine.

High five Derek though for letting it all hang out. It made for a interesting and hot read that’s for sure. Christian may have found it awkward to begin with, but he sharp come around. LITERALLY!!

As always this Author knows how to tell a great story. Long or short it’s always a pleasure to read.

If you are looking
Kathryn Manzella
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Climbing The Longhorn is the second book in Ann Lister's Illicit Heat series, but can be read as a stand alone.

Christian gets the idea to go hiking from his therapist and the trek leads to a life changing discovery - a very naked and very tempting Derek. Lost in nature, Derek and Christian explore the Longhorn and each other in this erotic read. Short and sexy this read tantalizes and keeps you reading about Christian's naughty adventures.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I
Kendra T
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So hot! Chris got lost going for a hike and finds Derek swimming and enjoying nature naked. After an unfortunate fall, Derek finds Chris and helps him out. It was short, but really awesome. These are two guys I’d love to find out more about. I liked how even though it was a short story with no real relationship extending plot, I felt that these guys were working towards an HFN and had potential for an HEA.

I am voluntarily reviewing an ARC provided by LesCourt Author Services
Sabella
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christian is working on himself and takes other's recommendations to go on a hike. He is thinking it'll give him exercise and a chance to clear his mind. Instead, he gets a naked hiker that pulls him out of his comfort zone. This is a short but so hot read and I really enjoyed everything in it. I will say that I hike all the time and would like to know where this one is at so I can try to find me a naked hiker :) ...more
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
Climbing the Longhorn is another hot story by Ann Lister. The guys are fun together, and the setting is fabulous. Does it get better than meeting a guy when their naked? It certainly leads to some fun.

This Illicit Heat series by Ann is smoking hot. If you like short erotic reads, do not miss out on this series.
Ali
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Another cute story. This one I felt some more depth and connection to the characters but I don’t want to give the story away. I still don’t quite get why everyone was telling Christian to get out and do stuff but it brought him to Derek and Derek shows him how to really let go.

I received an ARC of this book and am giving an honest review.
Terri
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Christian and Derek had an unusual, hot, and for one of them, embarrassing first meeting. While I worried about bugs and sunburn, this story was a lot of fun. I loved that Christian took a chance with Derek, even while he worried Derek might be a serial killer. And I loved seeing Derek convince Christian to try new things. I'm enjoying this series of short, sexy stories. ...more
Esther Alayeto
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fast paced, quick, hot, and sexy read in this wonderful series. Christian and Derek have a quite an unusual introduction while Christian is out hiking and gets lost. What follows is an adventurous and sexy hike to a waterfall! It's a fun and hot story. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. ...more
T
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fun, sexy read in the Illicit Heat series! Christian and Derek meet in an unconventional setting in an unconventional way! They were fun and so very hot! This short story is great and steamy and left me smiling!
I received an Advanced Reader Copy and am happy to voluntarily leave my review
Christie Howell
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot and sweet!

Ann Lister is an amazingly talented Author. I adore all her work. This short was so fun, hot, and sweet. Because who doesn't love a naked guy hiking through the woods. 😊😘
Georgiana
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, mm
Derek is funny, straight forward and naked. Christian is hiking, clothed and more on the conservative side. That shortly changes after meeting Derek and the two openly walk, hike, and relax naked for all of mother nature.

I enjoyed this quick and erotic story.
Heather
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexy Novella

This was a great short and sexy read! This novella is about an hour long read that has exhibitionism, waterfalls, and naked hiking. It was a perfect book for an hour of downtime!
Zane Kage
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Quick sexy read
Dennis
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Climbing the Longhorn

I need to go hiking more or for the first time. All I have to say is this was way to short and I want more. It's a cute story and hot outdoor sex
Lisa Cullinan
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-read, 2018, short-story
Another great short story

Nothing like finding love while hiking! Loved this short story ~ so much natural sexy goodness fit into this book!
Tracy Perry
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read, I throughly enjoyed it.
LauraSt
Hot and funny shorty

This Illicit Heat Series is a hit for me. It’s fun, fantastical and dirty hot, all wrapped up in a short story. Definitely a nice short read.
Aerielle Bondi
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great underlying theme

While this is most definitely an erotic short story there was an underlying theme that I appreciated. Learning how to let go and just enjoy yourself.
Jennifer Reilley
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it and was begging the author for more. I loved the guys and the setting.
More please
Kaila
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
oh yum... so so so yum. lol this was sexy and fun.. i laughed and was happy.. it was amazing and interesting. i cannot wait for the next one
S
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good and hot.
Laina Gruver
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Naked hiking, voyeurism, outdoor showers, and riding his longhorn... what’s NOT to love???

Another hot quick sexy read!!

*****
POV... third person

Standalone or series... book 2 of a series but CAN be read as a standalone

Did it give you a hangover... slight

Would you recommend it... yes

Would you read it again... yes

• Catch Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #4)
  • Headlines (Prime Time, #3)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Fix Me (Tattoos and Temptation #2)
  • Winter Waites (Aster Valley #0.5)
  • Jingle Bell Rock
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Omega for the Baby (Omega for Hire #9)
  • Spotlight (Famous #2)
  • Free Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #3)
  • Tempt Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #5)
  • Flakes (Licking Thicket, #0.5)
  • Tamarillo Tart (Southern Lights, #2)
  • All I Want for Christmas...Is My Sister's Boyfriend
  • Dedicated (Rhythm of Love, #1)
  • The Endless Road to Sunshine
Ann Lister is a native New Englander currently living in Florida with her husband. She has pulled details from her years living in the New England area and uses many local settings and landmarks in her novels.

After graduating art school, marrying, and raising two daughters, she established her own video production company. Her nearly two decades working in video production included work within t

Illicit Heat (4 books)
  • Model Student (Illicit Heat #1)
  • Billionaire's Toy (Illicit Heat #3)
  • Bending For Him (Illicit Heat Book 5)

News & Interviews