Start by marking “Cordially Invited” as Want to Read:
Cordially Invited

Cordially Invited

For as long as Zoe Sugg can remember she has loved welcoming friends & family into her home, whether it's to celebrate someone else's big day or just being with friends, there is nothing she enjoys more than putting her energy into making any occasion special.

In Zoe's eyes the best thing about getting people together is there really is no right or wrong way: maybe you
Hardcover
Published September 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cordially Invited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cordially Invited

Maggie Holtorf
Oct 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My friend received this book as a passive aggressive "gift" from her boyfriend's mother after she found her Thanksgiving dinner terribly informal, so you can bet I was extremely excited to read it. We poured ourselves a few glasses of wine and dug into THE instructional guide of our time.

First, do you need instructions to take walks? Because you're going to learn how to... twice. That's right, this book has instructions for taking a spring AND fall walk. This is information we all truly need.

As
Nikki Poulos
Oct 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read this book.

I haven't purchased this book.

I'm going to tell you why.

I think what she tried to do was have a book targeted at an older audience rather than her usual demographic. I get that. The thing, however, is that roughly 80% of her audience is under the age of fifteen. Home girl really is out here writing a book about how to be a homemaker for kids who are more worried about their SAT scores.

From what I gather, save yourself the time and money. If you want the recipes in thi
Georgia_books
Oct 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a disappointment, basically just being told how queen zoe thinks you should behave in someone's house, told how to make simple "recipes" which have been posted 5 thousand times on Pinterest already. And how to make some paper decorations I used to make when I was 6 😦 to then be told how to throw a "cereal party" and how to "make a den" so basically being told how to put some cereal in a bowl with some fruit and how to put some sheets up.. Again been aware of how to do these things since ...more
Eva
Oct 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
thanks for the walking tips zoe idk how i made it the past 23 years without knowing how
Aicha Jwz
Oct 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe she had instruction to walking.
Veronika Scislowski
I'm sorry this is perhaps the worst 'book' I have ever read. Can I even say read? I just looked at page filler photos and basic, and I mean very basic recipes and crafts to try. Dont waste your money on this money hungry youtuber.
Kitten
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other, review
This book is so very, very Zoe. It is well-structured, prettily designed and the contents are every bit what you’d expect from a book by a lifestyle blogger. “Cordially Invited” consists of four parts: spring, summer, autumn, and winter. All of them contain a general introduction to the season they focus on, as well as guides to certain parties, recipes, DIYs, and more.
Everyone has been commenting on how beautiful this book is and I will gladly agree. The design (in terms of backgrounds, fonts e
Victoria Cardenas
Oct 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've been a Zoella fan for a couple of years now, and I love her as a Youtube personality, and that is why I found myself picking up the book on the shelf reading the familiar name. I flipped through and regretfully was becoming more and more upset at the contents within. Really Zoe? How to make CEREAL and SANDWICHES? It looks like she took the simplest ideas off of Pinterest, and slapped them in the book. But don't worry, there is some creative Zoe in there, that you can see for FREE on her you ...more
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love Zoë and was excited to get this. I was very disappointed. The photos are lovely and the book is aesthetically pleasing, but it lacks depth and real insight - I didn’t want loads and loads of recipes, but that was what I got. Not at all what I expected. Still I enjoy flicking through it.
Maya Elliott
Oct 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Save your money. She probably just made it Because she knows her channel Is dying. Waste of money😔
Martha Mae
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aesthetic, creative content and idea-sparking pages. I’ve always wanted to be the perfect hostess and live in a Texas-sized house surrounded by homemade canapés. That’s the dream, right? I felt this book shoved me a little bit closer to making that a reality. Now all I need is a Texas-sized lottery win too. Like Zoe, I adore doing everything to excess. And I’ll support her in all her achievements.
Janay Brazier
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book. It's so aesthetically pleasing, the recipes are brilliant and the way Zoe writes about hosting and decorating makes me want to hold gatherings with friends and family more often. There are so many crafts, recipes and ideas that I want to try out. I also reviewed Cordially Invited on my blog here: https://janaybrazier.blogspot.com/201...
Kirra
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-for-review
Over the years I've enjoyed watching Zoe's main Youtube channel and vlogging channel and loved watching her create great events and dinners for her friends and family as well as decorating her home and making fantastic gifts. Zoe has an amazing eye for style and a creative streak that comes across in all her beauty and homeware lines, her videos and now her new book, Cordially Invited. This is her first non-fiction and lifestyle book that will guide you through many different types of events and ...more
Rowan
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've seen a few bad reviews of this book but I really loved it. Being someone who is also really into all things home and organising things, this book was right up my street. The pictures are pretty and I like the recipes and other ideas. I also enjoyed the little tips she put in throughout. The entire book is, to me, very aesthetically pleasing and I would give it a high rating as I feel Zoe put a lot of effort into it which you can really see. I guess it all comes down to personal preference b ...more
A
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some recipes to try out but otherwise informs you of the axiomatic
Aimee Funnell
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book! It’s presented so well, so colourful and cheery!

After watching Zoe’s videos for so long, it was always evident that she was a great host and loved to entertain guests, this book gives perfect insight and gives so many great ideas for future get-togethers!

I can’t wait to test out some of the recipes!
Izzy Rozali
Nov 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There is nothing original about this book. It’s overpriced for its content. The content itself is infuriating & borderline stupid. I’m disappointed.
Emma Coates
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is really not as bad as a lot of people make out and I don't think that it deserves the stick that it gets.

Admittedly, it is slightly different to what I expected and some of the advice and tips are a little basic. As well as some things being a little basic there are some slightly more advanced and extravagant things in the book - the photos of her garden party are so beautiful but are they really realistic for the average joe of our world?

However, I think that it should be apprecia
Marta
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's an okay book... It felt comforting to me and made me excited for Christmas and all that - but I think that's because I'm a long time follower of Zoe. I'm not sure if an average person would be interested in buying this book because the advice, ideas and crafts are so simple that they could be meant for a younger audience while some of the recipes and the general idea (that you own a house to throw parties at) is meant for sort of grown-ups.
I think I will try out some of the recipes - they a
Jaclyn Tan
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diy
It's really not as bad as people make it out to be, however it is a book geared more towards teenagers IMO. The recipes are basic (eg. pancakes, mashed potato and sausages.....) and some of the get togethers are just unrealistic for adults (eg. making their house a hotel for people to stay over, nice idea for something that might happen once a decade if that). but the sections make sense and there are some cool little ideas in there. Not a must buy but it is entertaining to flick through if you' ...more
Lucina
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm not too sure who this book was aimed at? I read through the book once and only took from it a couple of ideas which in hindsight I could have just google searched or found on Zoe's social media for free. But the majority of the book did not have any unique and original ideas. This would have been nice to keep as the photos are aesthetically pleasing and would be great as a coffee table book, however the advice confused me as although I follow Zoe on Youtube and her social media, I did not fe ...more
Helen
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't feel this is deserving of some of the terrible reviews I've read. I suppose in some ways it is quite simplistic and some of the ideas/activities unoriginal. I do prefer a similar book I have by Pippa Middleton which has more depth to it. However I did find it had a cosy feel to it and the photos and design were appealing/attractive. Some of the recipes are tempting and there are some fun ideas to try so I shall be dipping in and out throughout the year.
Faye
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youtubers
Some good ideas for hosting events -helpful when you’ve run out of ideas. Would be nice to have the amount of time and money do all this though! Wish she had a been a bit more honest in parts -such as the fact that she had 2 summer garden parties. One for the photo shoot for the book with like 6 people, and a huge one that she had help from events/party planner from. It’s good for tips, but don’t take this as inspiration for a whole lifestyle unless you have that kind of space/cash/money.
Daria
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a really great book! I read a lot of interesting advices and I personally liked the book! I noticed, this year I started to read more non-fiction books, not too many, just 3, but it is still a good start :))
I liked the book and I can recommend it, I mean it was kinda refreshing book...
Irina (Beautiful pages)
I found the book quite cosy and the reading experience quite pleasant. I enjoyed my time reading it. It might not give you great new ideas for different things, but it sets the mood for every season and can give you a bit of inspiration here and there.
Maegan Mariee
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Has some nice recipes and planning ideas that I definitely wouldn't think of on my own. Hopefully my future events will go over a little more spectacularly now, haha.
Catherine
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book it was like a reading one of Zoe’s videos but in a book form and it really had great ideas in it for hosting which I would to love do when I have my own house.
Gosh
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full of beautiful photos, with lots of advices, recipes and tips, “Cordially Invited” is a must for every one who dreams of being a great hostess!!
Tom Ratcliffe
Feb 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
“Wear your coat when you go for a walk”
Elise Claes
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Het is een boek dat tips geeft over evenementen plannen. En zo dat extra beetje te doen, dat het gewoon perfect maakt.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Nation's Favourite Love Poems
  • The Works of W.B. Yeats
  • The Chambers Dictionary
  • Introducing Sociology
  • The Good Study Guide
  • The House Plant Expert (The Expert Series)
  • Introduction to the History of Christianity
  • Collected Poems of Thomas Hardy (Wordsworth Poetry) (Wordsworth Poetry Library)
  • Introducing Modernism
  • The Myths of Greece and Rome
  • Latin for All Occasions: From Cocktail-Party Banter to Climbing the Corporate Ladder to Online Dating-- Everything You'll Ever Need to Say in Perfect Latin
  • New First Aid in English Revised
  • Hitler and the Holocaust
  • Art of the Twentieth Century
  • Introducing Cultural Studies
  • Shakespeare's Words: A Glossary and Language Companion
  • Usage and Abusage: A Guide to Good English
  • Poetical Works: Tennyson
Zoe Elizabeth Sugg is an English fashion and beauty guru and internet personality. She is best known by her fans and viewers on YouTube as Zoella. She has a secondary channel, MoreZoella, which is primarily for her vlogs. She has collaborated with a myriad of other Youtubers as well as appeared in numerous magazines and won a Teen Choice Award.