Start by marking “To Bedevil a Duke (Lords of London #1)” as Want to Read:
To Bedevil a Duke (Lords of London #1)

To Bedevil a Duke

(Lords of London #1)

A Duke of many rules. A Lady of independence.

Since her cheating husband created a scandal by dying beneath his whore, Darcy de Merle is determined to enjoy widowhood, and refuses to mourn a man she grew to loathe. Setting the ton ablaze, Darcy holds a ball to re-launch herself into Society on the anniversary of his death.

Cameron, the Duke of Athelby plays by the rules. Alw
Published July 16th 2018 by Tamara Gill (first published July 10th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about To Bedevil a Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Bedevil a Duke

HR-ML
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
London 1805.

Staid, stoic, judgmental Cameron (a Duke) avoided casual
liaisons like his late older brother. In reality, he was in-
experienced w/ women. He became reacquainted w/ child-
hood friend Darcy, widowed 1 yr (an unhappy marriage.)
He thought Darcy vexing, with a flagrant disregard for
rules. She sought a lover and elected not to wed again. He
felt justified in chastising Darcy and others.

The story had sexy goings on, but needed more story. The
H+ h seldom had real discussions (mostly argu
Coco.V
Nov 24, 2018 marked it as maybe
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/24/2018)!💝
Kat Wiley
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To Bedevil A Duke by Tamara Gill was awesome! This book not only had a great storyline, but Tamara made her characters come alive! It was an amazing read and a little (or should I say a lot) steamy…. Just the way I like it! This book has trust, pride, loss, deception, scandal, adultery, hurt, different wants and needs, friendships, freedom, attraction, a virgin,needs love and so much more! I really loved this book and I highly recommend it! Travel back in time to 1805 London with Darcy deWolfe a ...more
Monica Mccaskey
Mar 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wish I'd read the first sample page...

There were so many misused words and grammatical errors in the first three paragraphs that I couldn't read on. Who edits these things?!
One chapter more
A short story about Darcy de Merle widow who decided she wants a lover and Cameron, the Duke of Athelby despised who doesn't want to end up like his brother (dead) and lives by the rules. Even if it means that he has never known a touch of a woman... Will Darcy be able to convince him to break his rules for her?

Short and upside down story. This time it's not a men trying to seduce a silly girl- this time it's a woman's job to get her men. She's in control, she knows what she wants and I absolut
Maggie Whitworth
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
❤❤❤❤
💋💋💋
A fun and romantic story .
The first in the series has a great storyline and wonderful characters, with a stuck up Duke an amorous widow and an cheeky interfering best friend.
Great book by Tamara Gill , love everything about it .
Janet
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darcy de Wolfe is determined to enjoy widowhood, and refuses to mourn a man she grew to loathe. Setting the ton ablaze, Darcy holds a ball to re-launch herself into Society on the anniversary of his death. Cameron, the Duke of Athelby plays by the rules. Always. He’s lived through the terrible consequences of what revelry, carelessness, and lack of respect for one’s social position can have on a family. When the Duke of Athelby chastises her at every turn, reminding her of her social failures, w ...more
Kyla Lockwood
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read

Okay first off I enjoyed it...it was sweet steamy fun and easy to glide through the pages....making it a quick read. There really was no dissapointment with the book at all I found the characters to be delightful and both equally stubborn.The cat and mouse chase was fun and when they both got what they wanted it was a smile to my face....the reason for only for stars is that I think that there could have been alittle more stuff happening outside of the two main characters....like for
Anna Swedenmom
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a historical romance....................................with......
Hot, passionate, erotic romance as well as a wonderful love with a twist! I wanted to downgrade this novella... Why? Because it was way to short! It ended before I was ready and I wanted to keep reading and reading and reading. I normally will not buy novellas. I love long novels. However, I made an exception, and I am so very very happy that I did that! I can only say buy the novella and just enjoy as I did! You will enjoy
Angela
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very proper duke and a lady who was wronged and wants to be scandalous. What could go wrong? Normally it is the other way around but this book breaks the mold and Ms. Gill writes a great story of Cameron and Darcy’s venture into the unknown. Laughable moments and sweet moments and sexy moments peppered this story. Normally I am not a person who cares about an epilogue, but the one in this story is so sweet. I could have kept reading about this couple.

I received a complimentary copy from the au
Colleen Perry
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good, but different book

This book is a real treat. It is so different, but I so enjoyed it. No villain, danger, real intrigue, but I couldn’t put it down. I had to see what the heroine would do next. She is the seducer, he the complete innocent, but a very quick learner. It had funny, unexpected, with a lot of sizzle, which you didn’t have to wait till end of book. But it had surprises along the way. I do recommend it, and can’t wait for next book from this author to see what she has up her sl
Cindy Larson
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
LOVE!!!! Wow...what a fabulous story! I could not put this down! A Lady de Wolfe is no less fierce and strong than her male relatives. And who wouldnt love to debauche a Duke like Cameron Athelby. This story was perfectly steamy in all the right ways, I absolutely loved it! I enjoyed this story not just for the steamy h/h but for the underlying current in the story of trying to stay true to yourself or who you are expected to be. Especially when you are of the upper echelon, there is an expected ...more
Lori D
London 1805. What's a woman to do when her wastrel husband dies in the arms of a harlot? Have fun and be a little wild. Darcy was determined to enjoy herself after her mourning period is over and pushes the boundaries. Holding a ball to bring herself back into society she finds Cameron, the Duke of Athelby pushing her to stay within the respectability norms. But Darcy is determined to not let a man rule her life anymore.
A fast paced novella that will keep you smiling while warming your heart at
Amy Alvis
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED Darcy and Cameron's story!! My only issue with the book is that I wish it had been longer as I didn't want it to end!!

The banter between these two had me laughing out loud! I loved the role reversal of the heroine seducing the hero. It was a nice change of pace.

After reading this story, I'm so excited for this new series!
Kathy Bunbury
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

A very sexy, sensual story. A complex and conflicted hero who has a refreshing secret ( no spoilers here) falls for his complete opposite. Wonderful build up, it's great to sense the anticipation and enjoy the gradual way they both come to realize that they are in love.
Michelle
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story! It's a fun story with a twist as it was the heroine who was the seducer and the hero the uptight one. I found myself laughing at several points in the book. My only wish was that it was a little longer!
Carolyn
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gill-tamara
A different spin here! The gentleman was the inexperienced one, while the lady was previously married. The "de Wolfe" was the lady and true to her name and heritage: independent, courageous and fierce. A lovely little novella in the de Wolfe Pack Kindle World books!
Victoria
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Rickie Bingham
Very good. I love a strong female.
Lori Quick
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome book by Tamara Gill. This was a great story that I enjoyed. It was a bit more steamy than I normally read but it was part of the story. Looking forward to reading more.
Donna Foster
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was awesome! A great flip on who has experiments! I love this author anyway. She keeps writing books that I love reading This is a novella but it doesn't feel to short. I didn't want to stop reading it!
Patricia Perez
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

I just loved this story and can't wait for more. Cameron was so sweet and be able to see Darcy make him crazy was funny and sweet at the same time. Happy Reading. Get your copy today, a definite must Read😀😀😀😀😀👍👍💓💓💓
Melanie
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dewolfe

Fun read. Sensuous and teasing. Great characters and plot. Can't wait for the next in the series from this author.
Cheryl
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read. Lady Darcy de Wolfe and Cameron, Duke of Athelby are two very different but likeable characters. Darcy, after a disastrous first marriage, is determined to enjoy herself regardless of Society’s rules, where as Cameron is a stickler for rules and proprietary. Darcy is looking for a lover and Cameron is looking for a wife. They have known each other since childhood and are attracted to each other but they want different outcomes from a relationship. This is a different ...more
Diane
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Tamara Gill provides an interesting switch on the usual love story. In this case, Lady Darcy deWolfe is a widow who had a bad marriage. Now she wants to have fun without the ties of marriage. Her childhood friend, Cameron, the Duke of Athelby. The Duke is a straight-laced uptight guy - no drinking, no smoking, no gambling and definitely no sex. In the story twist, he is the virgin and wants to wait for marriage to the proper young woman.
What starts as a kiss escalates until Darcy finally seduces
Marina Leonard
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. The hero and heroine were both wonderful. I did find a typo in the book. But, it was a wonderful story. I was gifted a copy of this book.
Giki
Mar 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short book, a couple of hours reading max, and the last 11% of the book is just adverts for the rest of the series.
I really liked the idea of this. The young widow, liberated from societies expectations, living life on her own terms meets the uptight upright Duke. He disapproves. She doesn't care. Sparks fly.
It is a simple plot, no grasping cousins trying to steal an inheritance, no far fetched kidnap twist. Just two people who take a bit of time to work out that they should be togeth
Carol Bisig
TMSFM!

This is truly a disappointing book from Tamara Gill. Too Much Graphic Sex For Me! This less of a story, of her late husband's infidelities, than s book of erotica. It's what irritates me , after buying s book, expecting the extraordainary de Wolfe family, and winding up with just sex. An extremely disappointing book! There is no quality of character building at all!
I do not recommend!
Carolintallahassee 👒

Karen Darling
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: virgin-hero, free
I have mixed feelings about this book. I like a virgin hero. I didn't like that the heroin wanted to be his whore. This book was all about sex. I don't know if they had anything I common.
Heather
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible-read
Darcy de Merle and Cameron, the Duke of Athelby, were friends long ago as children, but that all changed when they both grew older and Darcy married another man. Now widowed and abhorring the thought of marrying again, Darcy is determined to take a lover and Cameron, rigid and straight-laced as he is, seems like the perfect match.

I really enjoyed this steamy romance. The role reversal with Darcy as the more experienced woman and Cameron as her inexperienced student was a nice change of pace and
« previous 1 3 next »

• Her Christmas Pleasure (The Merry Widows #2)
  • Some Like to Shock (Daring Duchesses, #2)
  • Unveiled (One Fairy Tale Wedding, #3)
  • Lady Charlotte's First Love (The Sutherland Sisters, #2)
  • A Waltz at Midnight
  • The Governess and the Beast (Blind Cupid Series Book 2)
  • The Widow And The Rogue
  • His Wicked Lady (Marriage by Arrangement #1)
  • Rake Most Likely to Sin (Rakes on Tour #4)
  • The Mad Countess (Gothic Brides, #1)
  • A Lady Most Dangerous (Helen Foster #2)
  • Guarded by the Warrior (Conquered Bride Series Book 5)
  • Three Proposals and a Scandal (Sons of Sin, #4.5)
  • Morning Light (A Day of Pleasure, #1)
  • The Widow Vanishes (Heart of Enquiry, #0.5)
  • Midnight Raider
  • Overheated
  • Merrick's Destiny (Bloodhounds, #1.5)
Tamara is an Australian author who grew up in an old mining town in country South Australia, where her love of history was founded. So much so, she made her darling husband travel to the UK for their honeymoon, where she dragged him from one historical monument and castle to another.

A mother of three, her two little gentleman in the making, a future lady (she hopes) and a part-time job keep her bu

Lords of London (6 books)
  • To Madden a Marquess (Lords of London, #2)
  • To Tempt an Earl (Lords of London Book 3)
  • To Vex a Viscount (Lords of London, #4)
  • To Dare a Duchess (Lords of London Book 5)
  • To Marry a Marchioness (Lords of London Book 6)