Start by marking “Sweetheart Cove (Blue Haven Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Sweetheart Cove (Blue Haven Book 1)

Sweetheart Cove (Blue Haven Book 1)

Josie Sparks is looking for escape after a disastrous relationship. A summer job on a small Pacific Northwest island seems perfect. That is, until she meets her irascible new boss. She thinks she can help his sweet little girl--he's another story.

Jacob Samuels needs someone reliable to care for his special needs daughter, but is sorry he trusted his sister with the task wh
Published July 24th 2018 by Wavefront Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sweetheart Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweetheart Cove

Anna Burke
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A quick, easy read, this well-written love story will leave you smiling. The lead characters, Josie Sparks and Jacob Samuels, are troubled people who have lots of healing to do when they meet. Hired to care for Jacob’s disabled daughter, the attraction between Josie and Jacob is instant. Friendship, trust, and love take a little longer.

Strong storytelling, wonderful secondary characters, and an adorable puppy make this a sweet, compelling read about second chances—if you’re willing to take them
Elaine
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely and heartwarming story. I loved Josie and Jacob, the lead characters with wounded hearts trying to hide from the world and their pain. The book was so full of romance, humor, small-town characters and a great setting in British Columbia! And Jacob's disabled daughter and her adorable puppy stole the show and my heart. This short novel would be a great beach read, but put on plenty of sun screen because you won't want to put the book down.
Colleen M. Chesebro
Romance stories with big hunky guys usually aren't my thing but every once in a while, I like to read something that makes me feel all squishy inside. Luckily, Jacquie Biggar had a remedy for me, in her newest release, "Sweetheart Cove."

After the man Josie Sparks was due to marry dumps her for her best friend, all she wants is a place to start over again. You know, some place where Josie can reinvent herself and figure out who she is again. She settles for a summer job as a therapist on a small
Sharon Grow
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful and charming romance by Ms. Biggar. Josie Sparks needed to get away…her fiancé decided that he preferred the maid of honor, Josie’s closest friend since childhood. Josie accepts a job in Sweetheart Cove as a therapist for Jane, a young girl who was injured in an accident. Jane’s father, Jacob Samuels, has agreed to have a mature woman come to the Cove to help take care of his daughter who is recovering from the accident that killed his wife, Jane’s mother. Instead of a mature w ...more
Mae Clair
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick, breezy read that is sure to warm your heart. When her fiance breaks off their engagement, Josie Sparks heads to Canada for a change of scenery. She accepts a job caring for Jacob Samuel's special needs daughter, but from the start there are problems. He's overprotective and expected someone older, not young and vibrant Josie. The two butt heads over her care, but attraction sparks between them. There are a few secondary characters who I fully expect will get the limelight in a s ...more
Donna
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As usual Jacquie Biggars has written a five-star book. Jacob hired a nanny sight unseen. His daughter was confined to a wheelchair as the result of an accident that took her mother's life. Actually, Josie was a therapist, hired to help Jane any way possible. Jacob was determined to send Josie back as soon as possible. He decided she was too young and would be too much of a distraction for him. A delightful tale of love on a tropical island. There was a puppy involved and that always makes a bett ...more
Lori R
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a sweet, compelling story that could have ended so tragically. The book gives you hope and makes you feel good as you are reading it. I loved the characters in the story. Josie Sparks is a physical therapist, who was left at the altar by her runaway groom. Jacob Samuel's wife died in a car accident and then there is sweet Jane, who was left in a wheelchair after the accident. Throw in a dog named Mischief and watch the "sparks" fly. The Josie Sparks are about to upend poor Samuel's way of c ...more
April
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Biggar brings readers a second chance love story with all the feels. I enjoyed this read so much that I devoured it in one afternoon. Great characters and a well contrived story make this one for the TBR. I look forward to the next in this sweet romance series.

I highly recommend this book to fans of the contemporary romance genre. I voluntarily read and reviewed a complementary copy of this book.
Scarolet Ellis
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful sweet romance story to read. It has wonderful strong characters a wonderful sweet romance story line. I am so glad I was able to read this sweet romance and i recommend it to everyone who loveves reading sweet romance stories.
This is my honest and unbias opinion of the story.
Dan
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Visit to Sweetwater Cove

For a short novella, Sweetwater Cove painted a very interesting match between Jake and Josie. A single father, Jake asks therapist Josie to help his wheelchair bound daughter recover from her injuries. Short and as sweet as they come, nicely done. Ms, Biggar.
Laverne Bellemare
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of tragedy of losing a wife and mother and being able to find love again. Very well written. It gives hope of being able to find love again.
Ellen White
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice heartwarming story of love for a child, that came with Josie, a physical therapist to help care for her. Her eyes told of. pain and heartbreak when Jacob saw her. Jacob, trusting his sister, when she recommended Josie who was too young. Story of second chances, that came in steps, of getting to know one another. For her she wanted to be someone else, that would be excepted. For Jacob, he had to loosen up and enjoy his daughter and life.
Catherine Geist
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

This book was very short, but well worth reading. The story is great & well written.The characters were awesome.It points out that when you try,things usually work out.
Sue
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jake, Josie and Jane are a cute threesome. If u love a story about heartbreak, a little girl in a wheelchair, her therapist and Josie's father trying to get along. You'll love this book. Jake lost his wife in a car accident and his daughter was seriously injured in the same accident. Josie with her heart broken took the job as therapist in this beautiful island setting. There are different scenerois taking place in this book that will lead to another story from hear. A great change in my reading ...more
Gisela Crossley-zels
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet HEA with a nurturing and lovely therapist and an ornery but hard working man with a sweet daughter. A helpful sister and a bitter, twisted and jealous female, makes the story exciting. I didn't want it to end. Recommended.
Enailsbye Nails
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweetheart Cove was one of the funnest books I’ve ever read. It had a hidden romance in a story about a girl who needed some help to rehab from a car accident.
Absolutely amazing writing and the story line kept me intrigued throughout. Great job Jacquie Biggar!
Staci Troilo
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A Sweet Summer Romance

I love a good love story, especially in the summer when hope springs eternal and everything is sunny and in bloom. When I saw the cover for this story, I had to read the blurb. And when I read the blurb, I had to buy it.

I read it in one sitting.

Sweetheart Cove is the perfect summer read. The characters are suffering and looking to heal. Three of them find what they need in the most unexpected of places, but even more of them are left to work for their happily-ever-after. Th
Karen
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from the author, Jacquie Biggar, and this is my voluntary and honest review. The cover is beautiful and drew me in, and I had to read it in one day once I started. I loved this heartwarming book where the main characters experience healing and love. This is the first book that I have read by this author and it won't be my last. I highly recommend it.
Bernadette Cinkoske
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romance with wonderful characters. I could not put it down and finished it quickly. Then I was sorry it was done! But I will read it again.
Nancy
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming story of two people having lost a love and a special little girl bringing them together in a love for all time. Highly recommend this sweet loving book!
Linda
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweetheart Cove is a quick read/romance with a HEA. It tells the story of Josie Sparks whose groom ran off with her bridesmaid! Desperately needing to get away, she takes a job caring for a wheelchair bound six year old girl that includes room and board. Josie's home for the summer will be with Jane and her father, Jacob Samuels, on Blue Haven Island. Jacob's wife/Jane's mother died in an automobile accident and they are trying to cope with their new normal. Jane is just what they needed. That a ...more
Denise
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great (clean) single Dad/second chance book.
Pat Field
S.l.
Jul 26, 2019
angela seddon
Jun 04, 2019
My name is Jacquie Biggar and when I’m not being a total klutz I am a wife, mother of one, grandmother and a butler to my calico cat.
I’m the biggest The Voice fan ever! I can be found every Monday night in my armchair plastered to the television laughing at Blake and Adam’s shenanigans.
I love to hang at the beach with DH (darling hubby) taking pictures or reading (what else?) romance novels.
I have