Start by marking “Sweetheart Cove (Blue Haven Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Sweetheart Cove (Blue Haven Book 1)

Sweetheart Cove (Blue Haven Book 1)

Josie Sparks is looking for escape after a disastrous relationship. A summer job on a small Pacific Northwest island seems perfect. That is, until she meets her irascible new boss. She thinks she can help his sweet little girl--he's another story.

Jacob Samuels needs someone reliable to care for his special needs daughter, but is sorry he trusted his sister with the task wh
Published July 24th 2018 by Wavefront Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sweetheart Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweetheart Cove

Start your review of Sweetheart Cove (Blue Haven Book 1)
James
Sweetheart Cove is the first book in the Blue Haven series written by Jacquie Biggar. I've previously read several of Jacquie's books, mostly in the suspense and mystery realm... but she writes a ton in the romance world too. I decided to check out this one, a novella from a few years ago. It's ~100 pages and was easy to devour in just about an hour before bed... a good and a bad thing all at the same time. Why, you ask?

Well, it's bad because it certainly activates your mind directly before bed
Anna Burke
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A quick, easy read, this well-written love story will leave you smiling. The lead characters, Josie Sparks and Jacob Samuels, are troubled people who have lots of healing to do when they meet. Hired to care for Jacob’s disabled daughter, the attraction between Josie and Jacob is instant. Friendship, trust, and love take a little longer.

Strong storytelling, wonderful secondary characters, and an adorable puppy make this a sweet, compelling read about second chances—if you’re willing to take them
Elaine
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely and heartwarming story. I loved Josie and Jacob, the lead characters with wounded hearts trying to hide from the world and their pain. The book was so full of romance, humor, small-town characters and a great setting in British Columbia! And Jacob's disabled daughter and her adorable puppy stole the show and my heart. This short novel would be a great beach read, but put on plenty of sun screen because you won't want to put the book down.
Colleen Chesebro
Romance stories with big hunky guys usually aren't my thing but every once in a while, I like to read something that makes me feel all squishy inside. Luckily, Jacquie Biggar had a remedy for me, in her newest release, "Sweetheart Cove."

After the man Josie Sparks was due to marry dumps her for her best friend, all she wants is a place to start over again. You know, some place where Josie can reinvent herself and figure out who she is again. She settles for a summer job as a therapist on a small
Balroop Singh
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
‘Sweetheart Cove’ by Jacquie Biggar is a quick read that focuses on love and its power of binding hearts and families. Josie Sparks, though broken inside, comes like a breath of fresh air into the lives of Jacob and his six-year old daughter Jane who needs affection. Set on “a little piece of Pacific paradise,” this novella would warm your heart and leave you craving for more.

Jacquie immediately pulls you in with her poetic style of writing, eye for detail and exquisite prose. She doesn’t waste
Brigid Gallagher
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Josie Sparks should have been marrying her sweetheart, but he abandons their relationship for her best friend.
Josie longs for a fresh start, and accepts a post as a therapist to Jane, a girl injured in an RTA which killed her mother. On arriving in Sweetheart Cove, she feels a strong attraction to Jacob, Jane's overprotective father. A puppy called Mischief helps all three to heal.
Meanwhile, a mutual attraction grows between Josie and Jacob.
This is a well written and polished novella, perfect
Denise
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great (clean) single Dad/second chance book.
Sharon Grow
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful and charming romance by Ms. Biggar. Josie Sparks needed to get away…her fiancé decided that he preferred the maid of honor, Josie’s closest friend since childhood. Josie accepts a job in Sweetheart Cove as a therapist for Jane, a young girl who was injured in an accident. Jane’s father, Jacob Samuels, has agreed to have a mature woman come to the Cove to help take care of his daughter who is recovering from the accident that killed his wife, Jane’s mother. Instead of a mature w ...more
Mae Clair
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick, breezy read that is sure to warm your heart. When her fiance breaks off their engagement, Josie Sparks heads to Canada for a change of scenery. She accepts a job caring for Jacob Samuel's special needs daughter, but from the start there are problems. He's overprotective and expected someone older, not young and vibrant Josie. The two butt heads over her care, but attraction sparks between them. There are a few secondary characters who I fully expect will get the limelight in a s ...more
Donna
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As usual Jacquie Biggars has written a five-star book. Jacob hired a nanny sight unseen. His daughter was confined to a wheelchair as the result of an accident that took her mother's life. Actually, Josie was a therapist, hired to help Jane any way possible. Jacob was determined to send Josie back as soon as possible. He decided she was too young and would be too much of a distraction for him. A delightful tale of love on a tropical island. There was a puppy involved and that always makes a bett ...more
Jacqui Nelson
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jake Samuels, his daughter Jane, and the woman who saves their broken souls, Josie Sparks, are the perfect combination for a heartfelt and beautifully written romance. Jacquie Biggar never disappoints! I'm intrigued to see if Jake's sister, Mona, will get her own romance. Hope so!
Staci Troilo
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A Sweet Summer Romance

I love a good love story, especially in the summer when hope springs eternal and everything is sunny and in bloom. When I saw the cover for this story, I had to read the blurb. And when I read the blurb, I had to buy it.

I read it in one sitting.

Sweetheart Cove is the perfect summer read. The characters are suffering and looking to heal. Three of them find what they need in the most unexpected of places, but even more of them are left to work for their happily-ever-after. Th
Lori R
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a sweet, compelling story that could have ended so tragically. The book gives you hope and makes you feel good as you are reading it. I loved the characters in the story. Josie Sparks is a physical therapist, who was left at the altar by her runaway groom. Jacob Samuel's wife died in a car accident and then there is sweet Jane, who was left in a wheelchair after the accident. Throw in a dog named Mischief and watch the "sparks" fly. The Josie Sparks are about to upend poor Samuel's way of c ...more
Linda
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweetheart Cove is a quick read/romance with a HEA. It tells the story of Josie Sparks whose groom ran off with her bridesmaid! Desperately needing to get away, she takes a job caring for a wheelchair bound six year old girl that includes room and board. Josie's home for the summer will be with Jane and her father, Jacob Samuels, on Blue Haven Island. Jacob's wife/Jane's mother died in an automobile accident and they are trying to cope with their new normal. Jane is just what they needed. That a ...more
Sue
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jake, Josie and Jane are a cute threesome. If u love a story about heartbreak, a little girl in a wheelchair, her therapist and Josie's father trying to get along. You'll love this book. Jake lost his wife in a car accident and his daughter was seriously injured in the same accident. Josie with her heart broken took the job as therapist in this beautiful island setting. There are different scenerois taking place in this book that will lead to another story from hear. A great change in my reading ...more
April
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Biggar brings readers a second chance love story with all the feels. I enjoyed this read so much that I devoured it in one afternoon. Great characters and a well contrived story make this one for the TBR. I look forward to the next in this sweet romance series.

I highly recommend this book to fans of the contemporary romance genre. I voluntarily read and reviewed a complementary copy of this book.
Ellen White
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice heartwarming story of love for a child, that came with Josie, a physical therapist to help care for her. Her eyes told of. pain and heartbreak when Jacob saw her. Jacob, trusting his sister, when she recommended Josie who was too young. Story of second chances, that came in steps, of getting to know one another. For her she wanted to be someone else, that would be excepted. For Jacob, he had to loosen up and enjoy his daughter and life.
Karen
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from the author, Jacquie Biggar, and this is my voluntary and honest review. The cover is beautiful and drew me in, and I had to read it in one day once I started. I loved this heartwarming book where the main characters experience healing and love. This is the first book that I have read by this author and it won't be my last. I highly recommend it.
Dan
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Visit to Sweetwater Cove

For a short novella, Sweetwater Cove painted a very interesting match between Jake and Josie. A single father, Jake asks therapist Josie to help his wheelchair bound daughter recover from her injuries. Short and as sweet as they come, nicely done. Ms, Biggar.
Enailsbye Nails
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweetheart Cove was one of the funnest books I’ve ever read. It had a hidden romance in a story about a girl who needed some help to rehab from a car accident.
Absolutely amazing writing and the story line kept me intrigued throughout. Great job Jacquie Biggar!
Scarolet Ellis
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful sweet romance story to read. It has wonderful strong characters a wonderful sweet romance story line. I am so glad I was able to read this sweet romance and i recommend it to everyone who loveves reading sweet romance stories.
This is my honest and unbias opinion of the story.
Gisela Crossley-zels
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet HEA with a nurturing and lovely therapist and an ornery but hard working man with a sweet daughter. A helpful sister and a bitter, twisted and jealous female, makes the story exciting. I didn't want it to end. Recommended.
Bernadette Cinkoske
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romance with wonderful characters. I could not put it down and finished it quickly. Then I was sorry it was done! But I will read it again.
Patti
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-ebooks
Healing Powers

I think it is a bit fast paced with the emotional escalation between Josie and Jacob but, a sweet romance none the less.
Catherine Geist
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

This book was very short, but well worth reading. The story is great & well written.The characters were awesome.It points out that when you try,things usually work out.
Laverne Bellemare
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of tragedy of losing a wife and mother and being able to find love again. Very well written. It gives hope of being able to find love again.
Nancy Kehl
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming story of two people having lost a love and a special little girl bringing them together in a love for all time. Highly recommend this sweet loving book!
Debbie Allen
May 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
Wow. I thoroughly enjoyed the second book in another of the Sweet and Sassy box sets. Now I found I should have read this one first but I still would be completely confused. In the second story Trace’s daughters are called Amber and Bailey. Can’t remember which went to which mother. But here in this book the daughters names are Samantha and Beth!!!!!

Blooper? Different proofreaders not catching it? Not sure but the author sure should have.
Pat Field
May 24, 2019
Felecia Butler
Aug 19, 2018

• This Is Lockdown
  • Hiding Cracked Glass (Perceptions of Glass #2)
  • Lion (Faeries of Oz, #0.5)
  • Tin (Faeries of Oz, #1)
  • Against All Odds (the Crossroads Trilogy Book 3)
  • The Scarlet Ribbon
  • Sarah
  • The Power of Love
  • Escape to Indigo Bay: Four Sweet Beach Reads (Indigo Bay Sweet Romance Series, #2, 4, 6.4, 11)
  • Double Jeopardy (Guardian Elite, #1)
  • The Semester of Our Discontent (Lila Maclean Academic Mystery #1)
  • Dead End (Cassandra Sato #0.5)
  • The Musubi Murder (Professor Molly Mysteries, #1)
  • Dead Week (Cassandra Sato #2)
  • An Act of Murder (Professor Prather Mystery #1)
  • Black Cloud (Georgie Harvey & John Franklin #4)
  • Spellbound: A horror anthology with 27 stories from 16 authors (The Box Under The Bed Book 4)
  • The Winemaker's Secret (Starlight Cove, #2)
Jacquie Biggar is a USA Today bestselling author of romance who loves to write about tough, alpha males and strong, contemporary women willing to show their men that true power comes from love. She lives on Vancouver Island with her husband and loves to hear from readers all over the world!
In her own words:
“My name is Jacquie Biggar. When I'm not acting like a total klutz I am a wife, mother of on