Start by marking “The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book” as Want to Read:
The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book

The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book

Neil Gaiman’s complete original scripts for the highly anticipated six-episode original series, adapted from the classic novel he wrote with Terry Pratchett.

First published nearly thirty years ago, the novel Good Omens has sold more than five million copies worldwide and is beloved by Gaiman and Pratchett fans alike. Collected here are Neil Gaiman’s original scripts for th
Published June 11th 2019 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published May 21st 2019)

Be the first to ask a question about The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book

Start your review of The Quite Nice and Fairly Accurate Good Omens Script Book
Nataliya
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
”I don’t suppose that anywhere in the nine circles of Hell there’s such a thing as a rubber duck?”

milou  ☕️
“Don’t think of it as dying. Think of it as leaving before the rush.”

I mean this is the script of the Good Omens mini series which got released last month and this script is only going to make any sense if you've seen it. This is still one of my favorite books to this date and I loved the television adaptation of this, so it's no surprise that I gave into this.

It's still about armageddon.

Girl in a jacket

And there is a hell hound!

Girl in a jacket

This series focuses more on the relationship between Crowley and Azira
Faye*
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading the script book for the Good Omens TV series has increased my respect for the whole team (especially the director and the actors), who created the series, even more.

*Goodreads Summer Reading Challenge prompt “Genre explorer: Read a book from a genre you've never read before.”

*****

So… I did say I was obsessed, didn’t I?

Just when I thought I couldn’t get any more into Good Omens, Neil Gaiman goes ahead and publishes the script book for the TV series.

(Yeah, yeah, I know it's been out a w
Rebekah
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I smiled while reading the whole thing.
Jane
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading every moment of this script book. It is like watching the tv show with little moments that are added in.
You get brief moments that are not in the show that adds to the story.
My favorite moments are in episode 3 where it shows the long history between Crowley and Aziraphale. And the scene set in Paris during the French Revolution is my favorite. It shows Azitaphale at his finest. He comes into the middle of a revolution dressed in finery because he wants crepes.
I am a huge fan
Dawn C
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve always loved reading scripts, from screenplays to playscripts, I just love reading the actual, objective text.

Of course Neil Gaiman can’t stay completely neutral - this script book has a lot of little annotations and comments which are both hilarious and sweet and add to the atmosphere of the story. So many scenes make more sense when you read what the actual intend was. Also some parts where left out or cut from the series so it’s lovely to know whatelse was there.

However, keep in mind the
Helena Aeberli
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
So yes, maybe its a bit pathetic that I can now quote whole swathes of this show. And that I spent a healthy portion of reading this collecting 'Crowley has anxiety' moments. And being bitter about how much of the Horsemen we lost out of. But also, this show and the book before it have improved my life a thousand times over, so I might as well let it bring me as much joy as it can!

Oh, and this direction... break my heart why don't you.
Rachael
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachael by: Aziraphale and Crowley ;)
I absolutely loved this - it was devilishly good! It made me as happy as Aziraphale dancing a gavotte.
If you've read Good Omens, you should read/watch this too as it has additional details. Terry Pratchett would be so proud of how amazing Neil Gaiman's scripts are.
Chris
Boom! I am lost to the Good Omens fandom and have been reading nothing but Good Omens fanfic since this one...
Michael Cook
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Companion books to movies and TV shows are always a bit of a dice roll when it comes to their quality. While they're usually filled with interesting anecdotes and tons of pictures, they have a habit of feeling little more than a fluff piece used as advertisement for that film/TV series. Luckily, this isn't the case with either of the two books released as tie-ins for Amazon Prime and BBC's recent adaptation of Good Omens. Both books - a traditional companion and a book featuring all of Neil Gaim ...more
Ric
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After finishing the tv show earlier this year, I wanted to reread the book because it’s one of my all time favorites. But I picked this edition up on a whim at work the other day and decided that I’d read (or reread?) it in a slightly different way.

The characters are so memorable, and the story is truly incredible. I remember when I read the book for the first time, it was right around the time that I was getting into Doctor Who, and I pictured David Tennant as Crowley because he was my favorit
Brigi
Read for the 2019 Popsugar challenge: a book becoming a movie in 2019 (honestly, this is just an excuse for me to gush about the TV show).

Some of you are familiar with my infinite love for Good Omens, so when Neil announced that it was going to be turned into a TV show, I was over the moon. I must say that after the casting had been announced and up to the moment I saw the show, I had been quite anxious. I didn't like that Aziraphale's hair was such a bleached blonde or even Crowley's red. xD

Bu
Lara Vehar
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly? I read the original book last year and it was … okay- some parts made me laugh but it was nothing amazing or ground breaking for me- maybe it was because I watched the tv show first - but I liked that version much more than I liked the original book.

So when this book came out I of course needed to get it and read it- I am not a huge fan of script books - heck besides this one I've only read The cursed child and I really enjoyed this one.

The chemistry between the main two characters i
Stephen Robert Collins
2000,000 People signed a positions saying this was Blasphemous , it is all most at the end why, one word does it.But as I HATE SPOILERS if want to find out read the book.
Two cut scenes both very funny but can see why they ended up on the cutting room floor.
Love the Buddy Holly songs hope they make the show & the next book I read helped this book.TV Companion by Matt Whyman all photos & background info.This script book should be read first then the TV non fiction book.
I do not think anybody but D
Eleanor (bookishcourtier)
oh I love this tv show so much.
Heather
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this in script form is delightful, especially since you get Neil Gaiman’s side notes such as, “The plants are terrified. I have no idea how to show they are terrified.” (I’m paraphrasing, but you get the gist.)

Mia
Aug 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
me, after watching aziraphale and crowley interact for five (5) minutes on screen: maybe true love *is* real
Markéta Effenbergerová
I've read GO countless times, it's one of my most favourite books of all times. The BBC radio drama is very dear to me and I've been carrying it on my phone since it was released during Christmas couple of years ago. I've seen the brilliant show, not countless, but more-than-is-probably-healthy times definitely. And then the Script book was released and I am just a weak human who succumbed in the end and I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED.
There are the obvious things like bits that never made the cut, or b
Vicki
What happens when your favorite book gets a spectacular adaptation and you watch said adaptation five times in two weeks?

Obviously, you buy the script book.

A fun read to get some of the insights of what Neil Gaiman originally intended from the mini-series. There are things I wish had been kept in, some that I’m glad were ultimately changed, but I mostly love seeing how the actors interpreted the dialogue and actions.

But best of all?

The stage directions are hilarious. Also, Mr. Gaiman, your man-c
Mashara
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a wonderful insight into turning a book as dense in story as Good Omens into a watchable 6 hours of television.
There's cut scenes that never made it to the show and I sincerely don't feel any were much a loss.
Gaiman mourns the cut of the 4 bikers that follow the 4 Horsemen in the book, I for myself don't. I think in the context of the book they were a fun addition, in the TV they would have been a distraction, and if anything what needed more fleshing out in the TV was the 4 childr
Daphne
The Good Omens TV show is my new obsession currently, which is surprising because I gave the book only a 3.5 rating

I enjoyed reading the script of the show a lot, it added a bunch of new details, and it's very interesting to get a glimpse at the process of writing a tv show.

Now I really want to reread the original book to see if my enjoyment of the tv show has changed my perspective on the story.
Tanya Parsons
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I've read the book, watched the amazon prime adaptation and read the script book. All are 100% superb, each in their own way. The consistency of the brilliance that is Neil Gaiman is, naturally, foremost. What a wonderful job he has done. I do feel that there is just something slightly lacking in the script which I would have to define as the whimsy brought by Terry Pratchett, and a certain turn of phrase that those familiar with his writing soon learn to identify, although, happily, his pr ...more
Zoha Salahuddin
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't even read script books, but I loved this. ...more
Mer Mendoza (Merlyn’s Book Hoard)
Many times over the years, I have thought back to an interview with Neil Gaiman where he talked about writing an episode for Doctor Who and being told he needed to stop putting the best jokes in the stage directions. I laughed a little when I saw that same anecdote repeated in the introduction to this script book. As I read, I found myself very glad that Mr. Gaiman has apparently elected to ignore that particular piece of professional advice.

The stage directions in this script book are a deligh
Emi
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fucking love this. With all my heart, seriously. I don't have enough words, I just have loads and loads of love for this TV series, even more than what I have for the book (which I also loved very much).
It's really hard for a TV series to be better than the book material, but Good Omens, in its TV version, was a beauty all for itself.
As a book lover, and a passionate book fan and shipper, I can only praise what Neil Gaiman made here, with all the amazing cast and crew that was part of the ad
Sinéad
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads, 4-stars

Ahhh. My absolute favourite book translated to a screenplay translated to the screen. *happy sigh*

If you spend five minutes talking to me, it is no secret WHATSOEVER, that I am a *teensy* VERY obsessed with Good Omens. And Crowley. And Aziraphale. And Crowley and Aziraphale.

I adore the book, I adore the show and now I've gotten to read and adore the show in book form. It was so wonderful reading all of the deleted scenes and scenes that shifted around and were in one place before moving to ano
Darío
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, fantasy
I can't keep on living like this I'm crying. ...more
Chelsey Saatkamp
I read Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch earlier this year (dang, was it really only this year? It feels like a decade ago), which I liked but didn't love. However, I LOVED the TV series, as it excised a lot of what I thought didn't work and added more of what did - namely Crawley and Aziraphale's relationship. Episode 3? Perfection.

I was interested in reading the script to get a sense of Gaiman's screenwriting style, as well as see what changes were made from
Valentine
Alright, before this book I was never a big fan of plays or scripts - the format just wasn't appealing to me. But as I saw several times online that it was a delight to read, I actually gave it a try, and I can confirm it is indeed a fantastic read!

No matter how many times I had seen those lines through the book, the show and various videos and gifs, I still laughed and smiled several times during my reading. The text itself is adorable and incredibly clever, and Neil Gaiman's writing is just so
Arbys Mom
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A couple of years ago, I read the original book for the first time and loved it. Then earlier this year after the series was announced, I read it again, and loved it even more. Then the series was released and I loved what Neil did to keep his promise to Terry to make something that he’d like. And with this, it’s added to my enjoyment by seeing what Neil wrote before they made the production. There are wonderful jokes in the stage directions, and scenes that they weren’t able to film for lack of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Fourth Fridays Bo...: May 2020 Selection 4 6 May 30, 2020 09:49AM

• The Nice and Accurate Good Omens TV Companion
  • Mort: A Discworld Big Comic
  • Wyrd Sisters: The Play
  • The Colour of Magic: Graphic Novel (Discworld, #1)
  • Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere
  • The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Official Movie Guide
  • Interesting Times: The Play
  • Unseen Academicals: Adapted for the Stage
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Official Movie Guide
  • 1984: George Orwell (SparkNotes Literature Guide)
  • Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Book 1 of 3 (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1)