Start by marking “Ruminations on College Life” as Want to Read:
Ruminations on College Life

Ruminations on College Life

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
With hilarious insights, observations, and personal
anecdotes on everything from partying all night, to learning
to do laundry, to falling asleep in class, Aaron Karo
has captured the college experience like never before.

It took college freshman Aaron Karo only one week to realize that college was a joke -- an especially funny one that he could share with his friends in
Published August 6th 2002 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about Ruminations on College Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruminations on College Life

Jeff
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
Awesome book about college! Quick read, but a lot of laughs!
Erica
Jun 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Hilarious. I've re-read this several times, and pulled quotes from it several times too.

Something for everyone with campus life, party life, study abroad, coming home for break life, etc.
Ted Trembinski
May 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
College!

If you know a well adjusted white guy on Long Island who just turned 18, finished his senior year of college, this is the book to give him as a going away present.

In my slightly wounded state of being out of college a year a missing is dreadfully, this book reminds me of the little quaint occurrences you might notice throughout college. Nothing that'll make or break your life - it's just what college is to the typical guy.

I laugh a bit and did have some good memories. The bottom line is
Maggie
Jul 20, 2007 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: college students, people who like to have a good time
Shelves: own, read-2008
If I could give this a 2.5 I would. It wasn't horrible, I guess I just wanted it to be better. I love the Ruminations E-mails. And I've even seen Aaron Karo's stand up and stayed out way to late with him on a school night (when i had to go to real job the next day!) But this wasn't all that funny. I guess his emails just seem so spontaneous and funny.

That said, there were a few parts that definitely laughed out loud at. Maybe I'm just too old to laugh at how crazy I was in college or something?
Marj
May 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the most amusing thing I've read in a long time. Amusing, because I don't suppose I should just believe everything the man has to say. I guess it differs from one person to another. But even if there were cultural differences and such, one can still relate to the things in the book - the situation, the reactions, even the dialogues. It's a very pleasurable read. :)
Jesse
The musings, anecdotes and events of a very interesting young man's four years at college. The beginning is very funny because he is having a bunch of very universal experiences and encountering all sorts of people. The later part of the book was only so much fun because it was almost all about drinking. I can only relate so much since college was more to me than just alcohol.
Dani
Jun 15, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: college students
Shelves: comedy
This book has it's funny moments. It's funny for people that are almost done with college or people that are done with college. A lot of the things that I did in college I found in this book and it was just hilarious that virtually every college campus, whether big ten or ivy league 'throws down' exactly the same. Seeing his stand-up, he was virtually the same as he was in the book.
Jamie Howerton
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book is a horrible representation of college students. It makes students sound like they are all irresponsible and stupid. It also reinforces negative stereotypes about greek life. Not all students and greeks act like this..
jedda
Mar 25, 2011 added it
joke lang daw ang college.......tama.......
Jonathan
Nov 21, 2009 added it
Shelves: reference
None
Tom
Nov 01, 2007 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: frat boys
Drink alot, chase drunk chicks, vomit, email story to friends, repeat.
Diana
Sep 25, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memoir, humor, college
The author writes about his four years in college.

Hilarious, and very apt. A little disjointed, but the humor makes up for it.
Matt
Sep 11, 2007 rated it really liked it
Very funny book. His obervational humor make him the Seinfeld of college. Books are much better than his standup
Jan 22, 2015
  • The Last Single Woman in America
  • The Dress Doctor: Prescriptions for Style, From A to Z
  • The First Apartment Book: Cool Design for Small Spaces
  • Companion for the Apprentice Wizard
  • The Conscious Entrepreneur: A Guide to Maximizing Your Potential for Success, Freedom, and Happiness
  • Cooking at Home with The Culinary Institute of America
  • What to Wear, Where: The How-to Handbook for Any Style Situation
  • Nectar from a Stone
  • What I Wore: Four Seasons, One Closet, Endless Recipes for Personal Style
  • Free Gift with Purchase: My Improbable Career in Magazines and Makeup
  • It's All about the Dress: What I Learned in Forty Years about Men, Women, Sex, and Fashion
  • The Breakfast at Tiffany's Companion
  • Pandolfini's Ultimate Guide to Chess
  • The Other Man: John F. Kennedy Jr., Carolyn Bessette, and Me
  • What the F*@# Should I Make for Dinner?: The Answers to Life’s Everyday Question (in 50 F*@#ing Recipes)
  • The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Recipes from the World-Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen
  • Sex and the City 2: The Stories. the Fashion. the Adventure.
  • The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch
Aaron Karo is an author, comedian, and TV writer. His books include “Me You Us,” “Lexapros and Cons,” “I’m Having More Fun Than You,” “Ruminations on Twentysomething Life,” and “Ruminations on College Life.” He was born and raised in New York, currently lives in Los Angeles, and always pays on the first date.

twitter.com/aaronkaro