Start by marking “Sock Monkey Goes To Hollywood: A Star Is Bathed” as Want to Read:
Sock Monkey Goes To Hollywood: A Star Is Bathed

Sock Monkey Goes To Hollywood: A Star Is Bathed (Sock Monkey)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Sock Monkey, the famous toy actor, has been nominated for an Oswald Award. But to attend the ceremony, he must do something terrifying - take a bath! Yikes! Just the thought of bathing makes Sock Monkey dizzy with fear. Luckily his three best friends know just how to help.
Unknown Binding, 30 pages
Published 2003 by Walker

To ask other readers questions about Sock Monkey Goes To Hollywood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sock Monkey Goes To Hollywood

Stephanie H.
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
As I am sure many other people are, I was already partial to sock monkeys before reading this book. My mother made my sister and I each a sock monkey as children. I named mine Lester and he was a real pal. All three of my children made frequent requests for this one during their toddler and preschool years. As the story goes, Sock Monkey gets invited to a Hollywood awards show as an actor nominee. There is just one problem, he is going to have to take a bath. This is news of tragic proportion an ...more
Sock Wiseman
Oct 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book could have easily been a five star. The premise is that Sock Monkey, has been nominated for Best Supporting Toy. The problem is that he needs to clean to go to the award ceremony. Yikes! That fact alone made this a horror story. Bell does a great job of turning the bathinghorror into a pleasant event. After becoming clean, Sock travels to Hollywood and rents a tux. All does not go well at the ceremony but I won't tell you who wins because I don't want to spoil the story. I will tell yo ...more
Sock
Sep 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Crystal Marcos
Sep 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars This book is for any child who doesn't like bathing. Humorous enough for adults to enjoy. I would have given it four stars if the steps for bathing were accurate. The last step has sock monkey laying on a towel to get dry. I would have preferred the toweling off part first, since the main purpose of this story is proper bathing. My little nephew likes sock monkeys or rather his mom does. (He is only 11 months). They are sure to enjoy this book!
Susan Barnaby
Nov 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: silly geese
This is a very silly book, a funny book, and if you have a child who likes to giggle at silly things, this is a winner. Sock Monkey is nominated for an award, but it turns out he has to bathe before going to the ceremony. Much angst ensues. He goes into therapy, confronts his demons, completes his past and washes his ass. Well, alright, he just takes a bath with a little help from his friends.
Mary
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is a funny story about the famous toy actor, Sock Monkey, who is nominated for a prestigious acting award. To go the event, though, he must be clean and he doesn't want to bathe. Thanks to his dear friends, he is cleaned up and off to the awards ceremony. Very funny and would be a great read for all kids, especially reluctant bathers!
Sandy Swain
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood-faves
My sister gave me this for Christmas a few years ago because we both loved the sock monkeys our great grandmother would make for us as little girls. Adorable pictures and silly story that makes me smile.
D'Anne
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I love this book! Not only are the illustrations adorable, but the story is cute and pro-bath, which is good for kids, I think. I read this out loud to my wife this evening and we both really liked it. I can't wait to read it to my kid!
Sandybear76
May 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Sock Monkey is getting an award but he needs to be clean. His friends help him take a bath, his first bath in many years. The friends' style of bathing involves a lot of travel.
Mortira
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hathor
Very cute, with a few lessons included.
Alicia
Jan 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Got a little monkey at home that hates to take baths? This is a great story to encourage the little one to get clean - and enjoy doing it.
Ashley Ainley
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sock Monkey.... has to get CLEAN!? Oh no! Such a marvelous little tale my niece adores. And... it helps with subliminally teaching children about the importance of hygiene!
Denise
Feb 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The perfect book for the 4-7 group that doesn't want to take a bath.
Jen
Apr 25, 2010 rated it it was ok
Okay story line...kept Owen's attention nearly the whole book through.
Ms Threlkeld
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A silly and fun story about a sock monkey who fears getting clean, but agrees to take a bath after being invited to the Oswald Awards. A good story to read before bath time.
Randi
Jan 05, 2017
ah
Jun 09, 2014
Michelle
rated it did not like it
Jan 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I'm an author and an illustrator, and sadly not a jazz pianist. I live in an old church in the hills of Virginia with my husband, author Tom Angleberger. I work right next door in a new-ish barn. I've written and illustrated a bunch of books for kids and was lucky enough to get a Geisel Honor for one of 'em. If you want to know more about my hearing loss or my childhood (or both), check out my fir ...more
More about Cece Bell