Start by marking “Siren in Waiting (Texas Sirens, #5)” as Want to Read:
Siren in Waiting (Texas Sirens, #5)

Siren in Waiting

(Texas Sirens #5)

Re-released in a second edition with new content.

Bethany “Mouse” Hobbes spent her entire life waiting, especially for the love of Bo O’Malley. But for the first time in her life, she is ready to start living, with or without him. She has found her dream, restoring a rustic farmhouse on the outskirts of town.

Trev McNamara left Deer Run a high school hero and has
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 391 pages
Published September 4th 2018 by DLZ Entertainment, LLC (first published November 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Siren in Waiting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Siren in Waiting

Start your review of Siren in Waiting (Texas Sirens, #5)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
This is it. You understand? This isn’t sex. This is the rest of my life. I won’t ever leave you. I won’t ever touch another woman.”

I'm not usually a reader that enjoys super shy mousy heroines. So when you have a book in which the heroine's nickname is "Mouse", you give it some serious thought. Unless that book is written by Lexi Blake. Then you just dive in without batting an eyelash and be glad you did.

If you're a fan of the unrequited love trope like me, you're going to love this
Mrs. Missive
Okay. I know that I don't have time to do a decent review, but this book must be read. Sophie Oak lovers out there, you masses of menage lovers you, you will not be disappointed in this one.

I blew through it. This book sits at 90k plus, and I devoured it like it was a quick 20k novella.

I am not usually a fan of virgin tales. Read this as meaning my eyes roll back in my head with a chorus of 'yeah, right'. But I swear, Sophie Oak makes me a fan of things I didn't know I liked. Except figging.
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have been loving Lexi Blake's rereleases of her Sophie Oak books this year, I've become totally hooked on her fab erotic romances and Siren in Waiting was just as good as I hoped it would be. Reading the blurb I hadn't caught on that Bo is Aidan's (from Siren Beloved) brother so that was a nice surprise and it meant we got the chance to catch up with Aidan, Lucas and Lexi too which was a bonus.

Bethany (known as Mouse) has been in love with her best friend Bo for as long as she can remember but
Isabella - Madly in Love with Books

Good lord, I hated Bo. I didn‘t like him in the last book, but I thought that was because he was young and stupid. Starting this book, he didn‘t grow up at all. Some of his comments in the first half, I thought were downright hideous. And than snap! In the blink of an evening EVERYTHING changed. Yeah, not not buying that. Not even in a shallow threesome, bdsm story.
I didn‘t like Mouse too much either. And no I will not call her Bethany, because she is a Mouse and stays a Mouse.

The
Elle
3 STARS!

I almost slipped to review this book. Lol Sorry. The main characters is really new and never appear in the previous book except for Bo O'Malley. He's Aidan brother who turns to be a gorgeous piece of man. And here she is, Bethany "Mouse" Hobbes is an ordinary introvert woman and Bo's BFF. Bo always care for Mouse and vice versa but they never admit their feeling towards each other that will lead them into trouble in the future.

Trev McNamara once is a golden boy from Deer Run but now he's
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

I’ve actually started reading this book awhile back. But I have stopped and forgotten that I was reading it. It was because I was in a ménage bdsm mood and so much of that stuff in so many weeks is quite overwhelming, and shall I say, kind of tiring.

But here I am, trying again to read this and getting a fresh start although I may have to reread the first 2-3 chapters again but well, Trev is such an asshole and I love assholes, so you see.

Anyway, Bethany ‘Mouse’ Hobbes is a natural submissive.

Aղցela W.
This was book 5 in the " Texas Sirens" series. Trev McNamara's life is in ruins due to drugs and alcohol when pictures of him surface doing lines of cocaine he loses his job as a quarterback when his coach offers him a chance to get the remining 10 million dollars he has to be clean for three years he takes it and trains with Leo. Bethany “Mouse” Hobbes spent her entire life waiting, especially for the love of Bo O’Malley who is hitting every woman that comes his way she just bought a fixer ...more
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Another GREAT story in this series. Absolutely, loved it. Wonderful theme of believing in yourself, forgiveness, taking charge of your life, and accepting yours and others faults. I loved the dynamics between Trev, Beth and Bo and of course it was a treat to see past characters again especially Leo. Can't wait for his story.
I don't want to give too much away, but the teaser at the end of where Trev, Beth and Bo are heading to made me squeal and anticipate what's going to happen next. hehehe
I am
Pam Nelson
Bethany, Trev, and Bo
Overall the story was ok, but the meek girl who wants a Dom I am just over that whole storyline. I am glad Bo ended up being a second Dom and not submissive as well.

Bo is Aidan’s brother from the book before.
I really have nothing else to add.
I liked the narration...
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I hated Bo. From the moment I started the book, I had a strong dislike of him and it never went away. In the first chapter that was narrated from his point of view, I kept thinking that he didn't deserve Bethany and "you are too late dude". It might have to do something with the way he kept mentioning Clarissa and even said to Bethany that after they went to have dinner he would leave her and go see Clarissa. If Bo never entered the menage picture I would have been fine with it. He is an angry ...more
Shayna
“I’m your Master, Bethany Hobbes. I’m the center of your world. You’re damn straight the center of mine.”

We are headed back to Deer Run to saddle up with Beth, Bo, and Trev! Siren in Waiting is book five in Lexi Blake’s (writing as Sophie Oak) Texas Sirens series and one of my favorite ménage romances from this author. A character like Bethany “Mouse” Hobbes is really able to speak to a reader like me. I can relate to her on so many levels (except for the ménage part, of course. I WISH, am I
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Listen, I LOVE the shy, unassuming heroines. I know they aren't always the most liked, but I adore them! Bo and Mouse were close and she thought it was an unrequited love on her part. Trev leaves HS a hero footballer but comes back a damaged man. When he starts something up with Mouse, Bo finally gets his act together! So, instead of a love triangle (which you know I hate) they have an unconventional MFM relationship. I enjoyed the character growth in all 3, but especially Mouse. She doesn't ...more
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
I think Trev McNamara might be my favorite Lexi Blake male character to date and that is saying a lot. I'm also once again astounded by how deeply this book touched me; it never fails that I find myself in tears at least once every time I read a Siren or Bliss book and Siren in Waiting is no exception. From Beth's plight and unerring kindness and grace, to the fierce protectiveness yet deep vulnerability of Trev, and even Bo's obliviousness and pain - there is so much emotion and heart and depth ...more
Llwells
Mar 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
I liked the personal romance between the three and didn't think the author had to put the heroine in danger to round this story out. It wasn't needed, or maybe I'm just tired of the theme - girl in danger, guy rescues - ?????
Rebecca
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s easy to have preconceived ideas about a character when her name implies her rather introverted personality, and when it comes to Bethany “Mouse” Hobbes, her nickname completely exemplifies her demeanor, and while for some alpha heroes may take issue with Bethany’s ‘mousey’ behavior, the two men who want to claim her are more than happy to have a natural submissive to play with and love.

I’m always intrigued with how the logistics work out as well as how the differing personalities blend in
Jacque
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, own, menage
This is the 5th book in the Texas Sirens series. You should read these books in order.

I met Trev, Bo and Beth in Pure Bliss. At that time, I didn't know they had their own book. What made this book more interesting is that I knew they would end up together I just didn’t know how. I was on the edge of my seat.

I am enjoying how the author co-mingles the characters from her other series. Liam O’Donnell from the Masters and Mercenaries series has been mentioned in a few books in this series. He
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Siren In Waiting is the newest bdescription

ook from Lexi Blake writing as Sophie Oak and I absolutely loved it. As a matter of fact I've been really enjoying this Texas Sirens series as a whole.

Trev was a different kind of hero. But I loved him all the same. He was an addict, and the events that lead him to that place were easy to understand. But the fact that he did what was needed to get on the road to recovery and to get himself clean shows an inner strength that I can really respect. Reconnecting with
Erin Lewis
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Star Review Siren In Waiting (Texas Sirens #5) by Sophie Oak
I really enjoy Ms.Oak (Lexi Blake’s) style of writing and Siren In Waiting was one of those reads I could not put down. Perhaps because all 3 of the main characters are broken souls each searching for something just out of their reach.
Bethany “Mouse” Hobbes has been in love with Bo O’Malley forever, but she is tired of waiting for him to sit up and take notice of what is staring him in the eyes.
When Trev McNamara returns to his
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
***ARC Provided by the Author and InkSlingerPR***

3.5 Stars

Off we go, again, to Deer Run. And, other than it's name, this is shaping up to be quite the town.

Lexi Blake has, I think, to not only create characters I want to get to know, but towns I wish I lived in. And, this title is no exception.

I think, and I am pretty positive, that this is one of the Sophie Oak titles I have read previously. But, it still feels fresh and I know the author is going through and updating the books as needed, so
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

Siren In Waiting is another release by Lexi Blake writing as Sophie Oak that I overall enjoyed. I hate to say this but Siren In Waiting was never my favorite of this series but don’t think I didn’t like it. I did, and I still do but I just didn’t always feel the chemistry between Bo, Beth and Trev when they were in one on one situations but get these three together all at once and well that chemistry is smoking hot
BJ
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
5 stars for one my favourite books. I loved Trev, and Bethany, they are amazing characters with just the right level of angst and personal growth. Bo was not a favourite H for me, he's juvenile, selfish and I wanted him to be better - even at the end, he still wasn't grown up. This book had a little mystery, the right level of steam, and a great HEA that showed how love could help an addict manage his life. Loved it - one of the best in the series.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
A very interesting/different take on a menage than I have previous read. I liked it. I think everything happened way, way too fast, but overall I really enjoyed this. It was a one-sitting read, and I stayed up way, way too late to finish it because I had to know what happened.
Stephanie
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Books where shy, quiet girl learns to be bold may be a trope, but it is a beautiful one. Loved this!
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

When is a woman no longer a Mouse? When she’s taught to be the natural confident submissive that has been simmering in wait for the perfect Dom.

I think I’ve said this about every Texas Siren book but this truly may be my favorite…so far! Bethany “Mouse” Hobbes is such a loveable and honest character she won me over immediately. She has always been the soft spoken, often overlooked, comfortable fixture in the town of Deer Run and
C Joy
Again, I'm astounded by how much I'm addicted to this series and Ms Oak's writing. Everything about this story is excellent!

For the first time in the series, there's no M/M romance, just brotherly love between Bo and Trev. I like their relationship a lot because they understand each other and they're more of brothers to each other than their biological ones, not that Trev has a brother.

Before I start the crux of this review, I'd have to say that the small town setting keeps me glued. There are a
Laurie
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, kobo, kindle, arc
Goodness, where the town of Bliss is quirky and fun, the town of Deer Run is freaking awful. Full of prudish, narrow-minded asshats with a mean girl or two, it’s not a place I’d want to spend time at. The best thing about it is it’s the home of Lucas, Lexie and Aiden, the MC’s from Siren Beloved, the fourth book in the Texas Sirens Series. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed Siren Beloved, Deer Run just sounds like a sucky place to live.

Trev McNamara, Bo O’Malley, and Bethany Hobbes are all seriously
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3 stars. This was the story of "Mouse"/Beth, Trev, and Bo. Beth, nicknamed "Mouse", is an "old maid", never been kissed, and social parrhiah in their small town. Her best friend is Bo, who she has crushed on forever. He is a manwhore, who only sees Beth as a friend and takes her for granted, treating her just as badly as everyone else in town. He is also annoyingly worried about what everyone thinks of him in town. Trev is a professional football player from the town who just moved back after ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Bethany has loved Bo for over a decade. He never saw her until Trev came back home as the prodigal son. Well, Trev came home but very few wanted him. Trev is a disgraced former pro football player who is a reformed drug addict and alcoholic.

These three bring out the best in each other. I really enjoyed this story as Ms. Oak never disappoints. Her scenes are hot and smexy. I enjoyed every little bondage and D/s scene. I do have to state that this was pretty light BDSM yet it was so tastefully
Lior
Jun 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, actually, I give this book 3.5 stars.
I think it was a step down from the previous ones, simply because of the fact that it wasn't a real threesome. I would have loved it more if Trev and Bo had also been involved sexually with each other.
Another thing that bothered me - in the previous book, the twins Ben and Chase had the last name Dawson, and here they were Ben and Chase Michaels...

Other than that, it was all pretty good.

I felt like Bo may have forgiven Trev too soon, especially in light
ValerieC
Without a doubt my favorite book in the series to date! Lots of growing up happening in this book...

I found myself LOL-ing to my H's ire while he was watching Football today (hehe). Loved the humor and Ms. Oak's writing has gotten better and better.

Hoping we get a Ben and Chase book soon and a Shelly/Wolf/Leo book, too.

Now, if Siren-Bookstrand would only spring for better covers...

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Memento Mori (Masters & Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #1)
  • Lost and Found (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #2)
  • Lost in You (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #3)
  • Enchanted (Masters and Mercenaries, #18.5)
  • Long Lost (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten #4)
  • Protected (Masters and Mercenaries #16.5; 1001 Dark Nights #84)
  • Adored (Masters and Mercenaries #8.5)
  • Evidence of Desire (Courting Justice #2)
  • Devoted (Masters and Mercenaries, #10.5)
  • Luscious (Topped, #1; Masters and Mercenaries, #8.2)
  • Dungeon Games (Masters and Mercenaries #6.5; 1001 Dark Nights #5)
  • Cherished (Masters and Mercenaries, #7.5)
  • Unconditional (Masters and Mercenaries, #5.5)
  • Order of Protection (Courting Justice #1)
  • Sanctum (Masters and Mercenaries, #4.5)
  • His to Protect (Bodyguard Bad Boys #2.5; Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection)
  • A View to a Thrill (Masters and Mercenaries, #7)
  • Dungeon Royale (Masters and Mercenaries, #6)
A lifetime devotee to the written word, Sophie published her first novel this year. Prior to becoming a novelist, she worked in theater and comic books. She lives in Fort Worth, Texas with her husband and three precocious children, who wonder when mom is going to write a book they will be allowed to read. Her answer: probably never. Sophie believes in happy endings for everyone, no matter how ...more

Texas Sirens (9 books)
  • Small Town Siren (Texas Sirens, #1)
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
  • Siren Enslaved (Texas Sirens, #3)
  • Siren Beloved (Texas Sirens, #4)
  • Siren in Bloom (Texas Sirens, #6)
  • Siren Unleashed (Texas Sirens, #7)
  • Sirens in Bliss (Texas Sirens, #7.5; Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #10)
  • Siren Reborn (Texas Sirens, #8)
“One of these days, Leo, you're going to end up in a crazy-ass threesome, and I'm going to laugh. I'm going to sit back and laugh.” 1 likes
“world and reminded her of all the reasons she’d” 0 likes