Start by marking “Castle of Lies” as Want to Read:
Castle of Lies

Castle of Lies

3.2  ·  Rating details ·  5 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Thelia isn't in line to inherit the crown, but she's been raised to take power however she can. She's been friends with Princess Corene her whole life, and she's scheming to marry Bayled, the heir to the throne. But her plans must change when an army of elves invades the kingdom. Thelia, her cousin Parsival, and Corene become trapped in the castle. An elf warrior, Sapphire ...more
Hardcover
Expected publication: May 7th 2019 by Carolrhoda Books

To ask other readers questions about Castle of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Castle of Lies

Elizabeth
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
I received a free arc of this from NetGalley.

It sounded very intriguing, but ultimately I was very disappointed with the directions this book went. And it just ... wasn’t really that great in general either. Honestly I would probably rate this 1.5/5 stars if I could.

The plot synopsis sounds so intriguing. But don't expect any legitimate court intrigue. Nope, in this story, the plot is ham-fisted romance with some half-hearted, pedestrian level political scheming and a dash of basic fantasy trop
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
Oct 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019
ho shit dat cover...
Kate Brauning
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is wild. And SO GOOD. Burkhart kept me guessing to the end. The twists, the romance, and the feminist fantasy are just a handful of the reasons to go get this book for yourself. It's a good long read, but I still wasn't ready to put it down when it ended. I want more!
Lady_Starkov
rated it it was ok
Nov 09, 2018
Mary
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book sparked my curiosity but overall I was underwhelmed. There were too many POV's (in my opinion) and overall the characters were not well developed. Theila was the character I was most interested in, and I would have prefered the book be from her point of view. The end of the book ties together too neatly for me with the amount of chaos that occurs throughout the storylines.

** I received this ARC for free from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Faida orrie
Alyssa
Elizabeth
mith
Mar 01, 2016
Kiersi Burkhart lives and works as an author and freelance writer in Wyoming. She grew up a cowgirl in Colorado and can still run the barrel race. Despite owning her own business, she manages to find time to dismantle the patriarchy and play plenty of Pokemon. She lives with her best friend, a mutt named Baby, and her partner at the foot of the mountain.