Start by marking “Saltwater in the Soul: Book 1 in Saltwater Series” as Want to Read:
Saltwater in the Soul: Book 1 in Saltwater Series

Saltwater in the Soul: Book 1 in Saltwater Series

What happens when we discover our world is not as it seems?
Finn rolled out the map across the table. Blood from the gash above his eye dripped onto the Hebrides. That's it, he thought, I've got to get as far away as possible. He finds refuge in a tiny croft on the stormy isle of Erraid, but fear arises when an apparition appears at his door. A flash of lightning reveals a
Published October 1st 2018 by Susan Sowerby (first published May 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Saltwater in the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saltwater in the Soul

Start your review of Saltwater in the Soul: Book 1 in Saltwater Series
Sirenita
Full review to come at:

At Sirenita's Grotto, discover the magic of the ocean in film, books, and more! This website serves as an exploration of for all things involving mermaids, sirens, selkies, or other underwater creatures.
Jodie How

I've not read anything on the subject of sirens before, so my interest was captured from the beginning.

Salt Water is a unique story. The setting is evocatively written. As the reader, I felt I was right there in the story.

I think the author wrote well within the fantasy genre. Most of the time, my disbelief was suspended.

I wouldn't call Salt Water riveting but it was certainly a pleasant read. I cared enough about the characters to stick around and find out what was going to happen to them.

W
Susan Sowerby
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Anita
marked it as to-read
May 29, 2019
Sarah B
is currently reading it
Oct 03, 2020
Susan Sowerby, artist and writer, is the author of 'Saltwater in the Soul,' the first novel in a the Saltwater Series of three about the Selkie-like Mer-people of the Hebrides.
She is fascinated by myth and legend which she sees as a way to understand how humans evolve. For this reason, she includes some legends in her fantasy novels. She holds the firm belief that our stories mark the progress of

News & Interviews