Start by marking “Hubbert & Lil: The Complete Series” as Want to Read:
Hubbert & Lil: The Complete Series

Hubbert & Lil: The Complete Series

(Hubbert & Lil #1-4)

A WITTY, URBANE TEAM OF SAVVY, SOPHISTICATED SENIOR SLEUTHS TAKE MANHATTAN BY STORM! “Gray has the rare talent of being able to combine humor with sensitivity, and high comedy with realistic portrayals of genuine people.” —The Virginian-Pilot

“With a fond eye for the eccentric, Gray gives the streets of Hell's Kitchen the air of a gritty English village.” —Publishers We
Published July 3rd 2018 by Thalia Books

To ask other readers questions about Hubbert & Lil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hubbert & Lil

Lyn
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
In a sea of baking sleuths, magical cats, therapy dogs and women dumped by their dreadful spouses and moVing back to hometown comes HUBBERT AND LIL. Loved this series. I wish there were more. We're not in a small town with Amish buggies in it, we're in NYC, the Big Apple. I learned a lot about NYC and enjoyed the tour, peopled with quirky and memorable characters. Theodore S Hubbert--who has just retired from his job on Wall Street--and his Auntie Lil who at 84 should be slowing down but isn't-- ...more
Ellen White
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
PARTNERS IN CRIME
The description of the people is priceless, and makes for a good beginning to this series. Theodore has just retired, and is called back when a partner has been murdered. Telling him to find the answers, they must protect the firm. He enlist his Aunt Lil to help, and she is a force to recon with, and determined . As for T.S. retirement may have been of a few hours, but he comes back with an attitude I thought, The casual dress, and being around his AuntLil I’m sure will change
Pam Stephens
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This was my first experience reading cozy mysteries, and I found it to be enjoyable. There are four books in this compilation series, all revolving around T.S., the recently retired head of personnel at an old investment firm in NYC, and his feisty aunt, Auntie Lil.

Both have lived successful lives, with T.S. able to be a young retiree (early 50's), and Auntie Lil is a vigorous woman in her early 80's. They are both single, so money is no object, as evidence by their apartments, their eating hab
Pat Allen
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable light-hearted comedies ...

Which are actually murder stories solved by 83-year old Aunt Lil and her recently retired very conservative nephew Theodore. Character development was extremely entertaining, as a rule. I loved the indominitable personality of Aunt Lil who certainly lives life to the full after rhe majority of her working years were spent in the fashion industry. Now in her old age she dresses flamboyantly, eats enormous meals with great enthusiasm, drinks copious amounts of s
Helen
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
E-Reader Murder Mysteries

Aunt Lil Hubbert is 84 years old & her only nephew, Theodore S. Hubbert (a/k/a T.S.), is 55 years old.  They both live two different apartments in Manhattan.

T.S. recently retired as the head of the personnel department at Sterling & Sterling an investment bank.  He worked for 35 years.

Aunt Lil loves to investigate murders, trying to find even a small  clue.  And she always gets T.S. involved.  Also tell you there is one more person who helps with them, Herbert Wo
Karen J Shields
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great series

The stories just got bettet as I read. I absolutely loved the characters and the mysteries were top notch. I hope the suthor will be compelled to write a few more. These just whet my appetite. Very sophisticated for a series about an elderly lady detective working with her nephew, a New York monied sophisticate and a grown-up Asian kung-fu master. Missed sleep a few nights when I couldn't put it down. Hurray for Gallagher Grey!!
Diane Schultz
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun reads

Fun reads, a little too long in the denouement at times, and constant referral to eyes as almond shaped and or green suggest Daniel Silva and his wife cowrote these ads its not his thriller style, but he uses the same plain words toi try to elicit, "Ahhhhs," from his readers who must think those are the epitome of perfect sexy eyes. It gets repetitious in both these books ans in his, and I haven't seen this in other books.
Debra S Hardin
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series

I love the main characters in these books; they are so entertaining and quirky. Being from the ages of mid fifties to eighties, they are not the usual leads you find in detective stories. The settings, the secondary characters, and mysteries are all enjoyable, too. There are very few editing errors to disturb the reader.
Rachel Phillips
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable series

If you're interested in a pleasantly absorbing distraction Hubbert & Lil are the detectives for you. A strong minded, fearless old lady and her obsessive-compulsive nephew -- the pair of them find a d understand clues -- or sometimes just get lucky... but the criminals get caught. I wish there was another book in the series.
Ike Rose-author
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Engrossing

I am glad that I was able to read the entire 4 books at once.
I loved the mysteries, but I lived the sly humor even more.
The funeral scene was the funniest thing I've read all year!
Victoria Risener
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful Detectives

Delightful tales of murder and mayhem. Includes all the opportunities to say "No...don't do that " and "You know better thrn to do that". Age is not a problem for Auntie Lil and nephew Theodore makes new horizons.
Jennie Ersari
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome books!

Four books, each one as good or better than the last of exciting mysteries that T.S. Hubbert and his very outspoken Auntie Lil set out to solve. I enjoyed all 4 books immensely!
Kathy Holm
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hubert &Lil..The Complete Series

I loved the series!..what a surprise and treasure to find these books loaded with twists and turns, laughter and joy let alone, mystery and murder...excellently written!
Johnette Brown
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story's pull you I side them

These collection of story's get your attention and your imagination and take you in a journey that is fun and addictive. I went from one to the next. I just couldn't get enough i wanted to see what aunty Lil was going to get into next..
Ruth Caves
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unlikely detectives

I liked how the series developed off the previous story, but could easily stand alone if it wasn't read as part of a set. These two demonstrated that one can get far by "who you know", especially if you can't prove "what you know".
Joyce A. Wendeln
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Will Be Nosy Until The Day I Die

Auntie Lil drove her nephew T.S. nuts with her constant unwelcome assistance to the NYPD. Their oriental friend , Herbert, was the only one that could barely control her. Life was never simple for poor Theodore.
Carol St John
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Classic page turners!

These stories are as good as any I have read on my kindle and better than most. If I had known how good they are I would have paid for them, but am happy to have gotten free.
Lynda
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 actually

Four great mysteries in one set. I really enjoyed the main characters, and the secondary players were well defined as well. Really enjoyed this series and hope there will be more.
Karla Thomas
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bread Read

The books were funny and the mysteries were entertaining. I love the one character was older and yet very wise in her actions and thinking.
Barb
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute series...TS Hubbert and Auntie solve murders
Katie
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Delightful Series

This series is packed with quirky characters, mysteries, murders and a touch of romance. There is nonsense with enough seriousness to entertain the reader. Enjoy!
Georgene Doyle
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THE BEST!

This was probably the best I have read of Cozy Mysteries, and there have been many. All four books were wonderful! Certainly will read more of this author.
Patricia Knudslien
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

Lots of fun to read. Great plots with many twists and turns. It is at times very surprising. Loved the characters they seem really alive.
denise helton
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mystery and intrigue!!!

Enchanting and engaging...the complete series kept me on the edge of my seat....with intrigue and humor....I cannot wait for more!!!
Susan Heiler
Dec 28, 2018
MILDRED L HALL
Jan 27, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Sexy SEAL Box Set: A SEAL's Seduction\A SEAL's Surrender\A SEAL's Salvation\A SEAL's Kiss
  • Spell or High Water
  • These Haunts are Made for Walking / A Walk on the Haunted Side / Haunt the Haunt, Walk the Walk (Haunted Tour Guide #1-3)
  • Bear All I Want For Christmas Boxed Set
  • Romancing the Alpha 2
  • Candy Canes & Corpses
  • Waterfell Tweed Cozy Mystery Series: Box Set 1 (Books #1-3)
  • Forever Love (Shifters in Love Collection, #9)
  • Flight of Dragons
  • Alphas Unbound
  • Star Crossed Collection Box Set (Star Crossed, #1-8)
  • Once Upon A Twisted Time (Twisted Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Georgie Shaw Cozy Mystery Series: Novellas 1-3
  • Magical Cool Cats Mysteries Boxed Set Vol 2(Books 4,5,6 & 7)
  • Five Fun Female Sleuths: A Mystery Anthology
  • Tales from High Hallack, Volume Three: The Collected Short Stories of Andre Norton
  • Heaven and Hell (Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance Boxed Set)
  • 25 Mysteries To Die For

Hubbert & Lil (4 books)
  • Partners In Crime (Hubbert & Lil, #1)
  • A Cast of Killers (Hubbert & Lil, #2)
  • Death of a Dream Maker (Hubbert & Lil, #3)
  • A Motive for Murder (Hubbert & Lil Cozy Mystery Series Book 4)