Start by marking “Colt (The Hometown Heroes Series Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Colt (The Hometown Heroes Series Book 5)

Colt

(Glades County Cowboys #1)

Though Colt Judd chafes to escape Glades County, the former rodeo star vows to maintain the traditions of the South Florida ranch following the death of his father.

Her job as head cook gives widowed mom Emma Shane the chance to provide a permanent home for her daughter...until Colt swaggers into her domain.

More than soup simmers in the kitchen while Colt and Emma work to
Published September 7th 2018 by Gardenia Street Publishing (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Colt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Colt

Lynn Brooks
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the series! Compelling characters and back stories make for a super sweet romance as two unlikely hearts collide.

Former rodeo star Colt Judd vows to keep the traditions at a Florida ranch going after his father's sudden death. He isn't ready to give up the rodeo circuit and settle into one place yet, but he doesn't have much of a choice in the short term.

Chef Emma Shane is new to the Circle P, but she's determined to help his mom by stepping up and filling in for her while she tak
Delores
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story had a rather sad beginning, as I fell in love with Seth and Doris in an earlier book in the series. It took me awhile to appreciate Emma and the challenge she took on, but I enjoyed little Bree from the start. Colt—well, I sometimes thought someone should give him a good whack to wake him up, but he eventually realizes what is important and goes after it. All is well that ends well. I hate to see the series end, as it has been very enjoyable!
Kristine
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super book

I got so involved with the characters in this book I really wasn't ready for it to end. The writing and the editing were great and the storyline was delightful. I certainly recommend this series as each book gets better and better.
Barbara
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't start this book at bedtime unless you've nothing to do tomorrow. Five-hour read. You've been warned. I was given this paperback and enjoyed it immensely. This voluntary review is my own opinion.
Bernie
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Colt review

Colt is the fifth romantic book in The Hometown Heroes series written by author Leigh Duncan. I highly recommend this sweet series.
The Literary Connoisseur
By the time I started The Bull Rider's Family by Leigh Duncan, I was positively certain that I would love every single one of her books. Each one has touched my heart so, and Ms Duncan should know that her books, and the Glades County Cowboys, will always hold a special place in my heart.
I loved The Bull Rider's Family just as much as His Favorite Cowgirl, and I LOVED His Favorite Cowgirl. Although I didn't love it as much as I loved Rancher's Son, though, because that one was definitely my favo
Melody Cox
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down until I completed it. I considered a 5-star review but I am put off with men and women pushing away the one they love because they think they know what is best for the other person without any discussion, any questions and most of the time they are wrong. Who has the right to make choices for someone else?

What I loved...pretty much everything but what I mentioned above. Colt was a gorgeous cowboy who is stepping in to manage the ranch his paren
Elizabeth
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bull Rider’s Family (Glades County Cowboys - Book 1 )
By; Leigh Duncan

The Bull Rider’s Family is book one on Glades County Cowboys series. This was my first book to read by Leigh Duncan , but it wan’t be my last. She did not disappoint. I love a good cowboy western book and Duncan pulled me into her book right at the start, and I was hooked. The story and the characters both was easy to follow. When I started reading The Bull Rider’s Family I did not want to put it down till the last page. Em
Yazmin
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In The Bull Rider’s Family by Leigh Duncan, Colt Judd is used to life on the road and being a bull rider. But now that his father has passed away he needs to take the reins of the ranch his father managed temporarily, until his brothers can take over. So far, four generations of Judds have managed the Circle P, but he will not let that end with his father’s death, and that means keeping to traditions too.

Emma Shane is a chef, and has worked hard to succeed in her career. She had one of the best
Debra Fisk
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When single mom, Emma is asked to cook on a ranch, the job sounds perfect and like a good place to raise her daughter. She needs a job and a home She thinks she’s found it. Cooking on a ranch sounds ideal, until she arrives and find outs the person hired her has died. Now his son, Colt Judd isn't happy she's there. He doesn't even want to run the ranch.

I won't spoil it for you. You'll have to read it to find out what happened. But all I can say is Leigh Duncan captures you from the beginning of
Linda
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Bull Rider's Family, by Leigh Duncan, is a Glades County Cowboys Harlequin Romance. Emma Shane relocates to Florida with her young daughter after she is offered a job as the cook at Circle P Ranch. Ready for the challenge after 2 years of culinary school and a couple of years as a sous chef, Emma wants to give her daughter a safe, secure childhood. Things get off to a shaky start, however, and Emma has to learn to get along with ranch manager, Colt Judd. But she is determined to give it her ...more
Stephanie Rollins
Emma, recently widowed, wants to raise her daughter in a quiet, stable environment. That is why she left her plush chef job in New York and moved to Texas to work as a cook on a ranch. The man who hired her, died just days before. The man taking over, Colt, is not pleased with Emma being there.

Emma has a daughter, Bree, who is a precocious 4-year-old. She may be what bridges Colt and Emma.

The characters in this book are wonderful. The plot is solid. I just love Leigh Duncan's books!
Diane Burke
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been in my to-be-read pile for a long time---TOO LONG! Boy, what I have been missing. I loved this book. Loved these characters. Walked away with a tear in my eye and a smile on my face and a feel good glow all over me!

Don't be foolish and wait as long as I did to read this really great book!
Harlequin Books
"The Florida setting gives this story of cowboys and ranches a different perspective. The hero’s struggle to fill his father’s shoes is easy to empathize with, and the heroine’s desire to provide a good life for her daughter is admirable (RT Book Reviews)". 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: Glades County Cowboys
Karen Ann
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers
I love this latest story from Leigh Duncan! She brings the cattle country in Florida to vibrant life on the page and her depiction of strong single women and their children is endearing in all of her Glades County Cowboy books. This one is no exception. More, please?!
Heather
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bba
Believable, well-paced story with likeable and realistic characters.
Tania
Jun 03, 2014 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
DNF

Just couldn't get into the characters or the story.
JoAnne
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read my review on RomanceJunkies.com by clicking on the link below:

Tammy Rolle
Dec 31, 2014
Rosalie MacDonald
Jul 14, 2019
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 23, 2017 04:57PM
Leigh Duncan is the award-winning author of more than two dozen novels, novellas and short stories. Her first full-length book, The Officer’s Girl, was released by Harlequin American Romance in 2010. Leigh went on to write seven more books for Harlequin, including the highly acclaimed Glades County Cowboys series, before she began writing the more complex, heart-warming and emotional stories that ...more

Glades County Cowboys (3 books)
  • His Favorite Cowgirl (Glades County Cowboys #2)
  • The Rancher's Lullaby (Glades County Cowboys #3)