Start by marking “Firefly: The Unification War Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Firefly: The Unification War  Vol. 1

Firefly: The Unification War Vol. 1

(Firefly #1-4)

A new era of Firefly starts here, as the secret history of the Unification War is revealed at last!

From Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Avengers) comes a new era of Firefly, as the definitive story of the Unification War is told at last!

Captain Malcolm Reynolds thought he could outrun his past, but when a simple heist goes wrong, he’s forced to confront it. With th
Published April 30th 2019 by BOOM! Studios

TJ
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
While I wish we were getting a continuation of where Dark Horse left off with the post-Serenity comics, this is possibly the next best thing we could have gotten. The writing is fun, and the art is SO stellar. Any fan of the tv show will love this one! The stakes are a little low since we know which characters survive the story because of the timeline, but it’s still a great story that fleshes out the world even further. 5/5 stars.
Arielle Walker
Mar 23, 2019 marked it as to-read-comic-graphic
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity

(you can't take the sky from me)
Rick
First off, I am a huge fan of the series (and the film). I really enjoyed the comics from Dark Horse and was really looking forward to this new series. But I ended up being a wee bit disappointed. Why? One, this new series ignores the stuff from the Dark Horse series. Different company. Different contributors. Creative license. It's certainly their prerogative. But I still found it frustrating. Second, while the art is on the whole good, there were some individual panels that were just awful, wi ...more
Alisha
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Volume one down, ready for more!
Mick
Read as single issues upon their release

Greg Pak really gets these characters and get their voices right, but this arc of the story does not feel like an actual arc, it feels like part of an arc.

The revelations regarding Mal's and Zoë's pasts are very vague and they are only referenced shortly during this fast-paced story. And the volume does not have a real ending when it comes to dealing with Boss Moon and the unificators - this story continues in the next volume, which makes it all the more
Snowleesi
I am a Browncoat through and through and I reached for this graphic novel as anxiously as any other Firefly-related publication. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. This new graphic novel series ignores everything that happened in the Dark Horse comics, which messes with story continuity. I definitely didn't appreciate it. Worse still, I really disliked the art. None of the characters look like themselves (save for some of the cover alternates); in fact, sometimes they look like disjointed carica ...more
George Goodall
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yes, I'll admit it. I'm a bit of a Browncoat. I watched the _Firefly_ DVDs on repeat while pacing the floor with my oldest child when he was just a colicky baby. Pak's comics have proven to be a very enjoyable way of engaging with these characters again. Fortunately, my local library makes them available via Hoopla so I can keep them on my phone for quiet moments I can steal from a busy day.
Katie Bryan
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who watched firefly
I LOVED IT!! The only other graphic novels I have ever read were the smile and sisters series. I didn't like those that much, this I LOVED.
1. Firefly
2. the artwork was incredible
3. the plot was gripping.

ANyone who watches firefly would love this. I like that there were two stories in it. I loved the one about YoSaffBridge growing up. I all out loved this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robyn Rohde
May 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was a huge disappointment, which is saying a lot for Firefly. The art in this series is terrible, the characters don't look like themselves. Also the characters don't act like themselves. I wish they had continued the Legacy storyline instead of this.
Shoshana Frank
Loved loved loved this addition to the Firefly universe. I cannot wait to explore more about Mal and Zoe’s Browncoat past!
Jake Harris
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Technically I didn’t read this book but I read the comics individually. Love the art and everything about this storyline. Looking forward to reading the next issue!
Anthony
Brian Daugherty
Apr 24, 2019
May 02, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Greg Pak is an award-winning Korean American comic book writer and filmmaker currently writing "Mech Cadet Yu" for BOOM and “Totally Awesome Hulk" and "Weapon X" for Marvel Comics. Pak wrote the "Princess Who Saved Herself" children's book and the “Code Monkey Save World” graphic novel based on the songs of Jonathan Coulton and co-wrote (with Fred Van Lente) the acclaimed “Make Comics Like the Pro ...more

Firefly (6 books)