Start by marking “Don't Stop Believin'” as Want to Read:
Don't Stop Believin'

Don't Stop Believin'

THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

With candour, humour and warmth, legendary musician, actress, activist, and icon Olivia Newton-John reveals her life story
from her unforgettable rise to fame in the classic musical Grease to her passionate advocacy for health and wellness in light of her battles with cancer. Perfect for fans of Tina Turner’s My Love Story and Sally Field’s
Published September 10th 2018 by Viking Australia

To ask other readers questions about Don't Stop Believin', please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Stop Believin'

Tina
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Olivia has been my absolute favourite singer since I was 12 years old! I love all her songs. She has the voice of an angel. I listened to this audio book because Olivia herself narrated it. It was truly so beautiful just listening to her tell her life story. From her childhood to her rise to fame as a singer and actress to her humanitarian efforts to save the environment and her journey to win over cancer. Listening to her talk about her love for her daughter, Chloe and husband, John just warmed ...more
Meags
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I grew up in a household that worshipped movie musicals, so Olivia Newton-John is a face and voice I’ve known well since childhood. As a fan of films such as Grease and Xanadu, I’ve always had a soft spot for Olivia, particularly as a successful Aussie, but I wouldn’t call myself an avid follower of her personal life beyond her more well known acting roles and musical achievements, and of course her courageous battle with breast cancer.

I figured reading Olivia’s autobiography - or rath
Mandy White
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought the hard cover of this book and then found out that she was reading the audio book so I bought that too. And I am so glad that I did. I started it the morning and just finished it. What an incredible woman! Massively talented, strong and brave. An idol of mine since I was little I am wven more in awe of her now. So many interesting stories, sad and emotional as well as inspiring. A fantastic read.
Julie Garner
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, biographies
I received an advanced copy of this book.
Words cannot describe how good this book is. We all know that Olivia is a wordsmith with her songs and that has carried through to her biography. She forced tears to leak from my eyes through her stories about her life and the people around her. Olivia had a co-writer on this project with her but it is hard to imagine that someone else has captured her soul so perfectly.
We are exposed to her life through the ages, the good, the bad and the ugly. When you
Andrew
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
I'm a huge fan of Olivia Newton-John and have long followed her career, listened to her music, seen her films and even once had the opportunity to meet her. She is a great entertainer, a wonderful Australian, passionate about her causes and her interests and seems to be one of the nicest people out there.

Unfortunately though she is not much of an autobiographer. This is not to say that 'Don't Stop Believin' is a bad read, or that her prose is tedious, uninteresting, vapid. However, generally the
Abigail
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HAPPY RELEASE DAY! I received an advanced copy of this book, it did not affect my rating.

Going into this I knew very little about Olivia, coming out of this I feel very close to her. This was wonderfully written and a joy to read. I really enjoyed how little points in the beginning led to deep exploration by the end and carried through very well.
Jen
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An immersive, raw and incredibly inspiring memoir of England and Australia's singing sensation.
Olivia discusses the highs (Grease fame, numerous concerts and awards, her daughter Chloe's birth) to the dark times (cancer battles, difficult relationships and minor injuries whilst on tour) with her mantra being to "never give up" nomatter how hard life may get at times.
The best memoir I have read this year without a doubt- a truly amazing read!.
Terry
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Olivia's for forty years and can still sing a great many of her songs word-for-word because I sang them so many times in my younger years. It was great to read about all of her ups and downs in her own words. Very enjoyable.
Sabrina
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memoir, favorites
I’ve learned a lot more about my favorite all time singer. She is truly a lovely lady and stayed true of who she was growing up thru out her career. You’ll see how very kind her heart is.
Mary
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was a fan of Olivia's back in the day and I really liked Grease and Xanadu but then I sort of lost track of her. It was good to read the book and her stories of her life in the spotlight and her charity work. She is also very open about her 3 bouts of cancer. The latest one has been the most debilitating and she is still fighting it. This isn't the best memoir I've read but it is still worth reading. Some parts are sort of woo-woo but mostly it is an easy read. It is written by her and an assi ...more
Aimee Funnell
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having been a fan of ONJ for my whole life, and with Grease being my all time favourite movie, I was so excited when I found out Olivia was finally releasing a memoir!

This book truly took me on an emotional roller coaster- from being in tears, to laughing as Olivia shared the story of her highest of highs and lowest of lows! All through it all, she really shows that she truly lives by the statement ‘Don’t Stop Believin’’

What an amazing woman!
Jay Dwight
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
An entertaining memoir from one of Australia's most-loved and enduring performers. Tales from her early years, to Eurovision, to chart success, to Grease and Xanadu, to the Olympics and beyond. A story of a positive outlook overriding lots of setbacks.
Janine
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stunning! You could imagine Olivia telling her life story, I read this book in 2 sittings. You can’t help but love Olivia. From her early beginnings with Pat Carroll, Grease & her amazing Cancer and wellness centre, she is an amazing person.
Kay Graves
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great biography of a great lady. Very enjoyable read.
Donna Hines
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Many of us grew up watching, admiring, respecting everything that Olivia accomplished.
She is an icon to many and Grease was probably the catapult for that success but she is so much more than the musicals, the Grammy's, the acting, or even as her work as an activist.
What many of us may not know is she is a fighter, a courageous young woman, a beautiful lady who has a heart of gold in helping others fight similar battles and that battle you ask is of course 'Cancer' with 'Breast Cancer' being at
Jennifer Barzano Newman
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
I loved listening to this book as it is read by Olivia herself. I felt like she was talking to me. Interesting life story. Especially loved the parts about the beginning of her career and of course her time during Grease! Olivia IS a huge part of my childhood and it brought back memories to hear her story and listen to her songs again!
Mediaman
Apr 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: memoir, music, cancer
Sorry--this is not a good memoir. It's nothing but positive fluff with no substance to it. The stories are dripping with praise for everything and everyone, including herself and the things she has done. While many will find it uplifting, it certainly contains no insight into the singer other than that she has had many health problems, she chooses to use alternative means to treat those problems even though she keeps having bad health, and she married a guy who uses herbs and plants to give her ...more
Lisa
I love her and have loved her since grease but for some reason it was hard to get through this book. I feel so bad that she's going through Cancer - again :(
Joyce
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
INSPIRING
Tania
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gosh I like ONJ. Such an nonoperational read. What journey she has been thru.
Words cannot describe how good this book is. She is a wonderful story teller.
Such an Amazing women is Olivia.
Shereen Lang
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it

I figured reading Olivia’s autobiography - would be a fun w
Rita Chapman
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Who doesn't love Olivia Newton-John? An enjoyable insight into one of our best-loved celebrities which follows her career from a young girl, through the pain of divorce, loss and cancer. Olivia has achieved not only an incredible career but has found time to give so much back through her Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre in Melbourne. Thank you, Olivia, for giving us such beautiful music and to so many, hope.
Tony
Apr 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Full disclosure—I read to page 255 then skimmed the rest. Too full of New Age looniness for me. I love Olivia, enjoy her music and movies, but this book was terrible and a disappointment. Contains little to no new information about her career in music and motion pictures and way too much about “healing energy” and “love and light.”

My opinion. I know others will feel differently.
Hannah Woycik
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg I love Olivia Newton-John!!! So!!! Much!!!
Chris Schreck
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful story of hope and positive vibes I've always been a fan but mow I'm a super fan this is a must read
Michelle Verhaeghe
Apr 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
The content was good enough, but the writing was terrible. And highly repetitive. Not like a book at all, more like someone telling you a story with many tangents and forgetting what they've already said.
Derek Fournier
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I honestly love her. I am hopelessly devoted to her. But this book just didn’t do it for me. It was just meh. No real new and fun details on the making of Grease or Xanadu... no real background on recording the songs or how she felt about her biggest hits. It just felt like “I did this. Then I did this. Then I did this. It was wonderful. Then I did this.” The one or two examples where it felt like we were going to get some juicy dish, she wouldn’t even tell whom she was referring to. Then it got ...more
Jo Clark
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely dive into this lovely memoir with no hesitation. Every chapter was interesting and insightful. I also had the pleasure of listening to the audio version and Olivia's melodious voice added to the experience.
Tim Larison
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
I was always an Olivia Newton-John fan. The first record album I ever bought, as a 17 year old, was Olivia’s “Let Me Be There” (one of her first, before “Grease” and other best sellers)

I like Olivia even more after reading her new auto biography, “Don’t Stop Believin'”

The book is filled with interesting facts about Olivia’s life. In the chapters about her childhood I learned she was the granddaughter of quantum physicist Max Born. Her Father was a college professor. Born in England, Olivia later
Cynthia
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-s
I found this book very inspiring and I find Olivia Newton-John very inspiring! She is every bit as nice and honorable as I imagined her to be. I like that at the very beginning of the book in the author's note, she stated "I am a private person living a very public life. I therefore choose to only tell stories about my own life that I hope are entertaining or interesting ..." she did not say one negative thing about anybody. If, in the course of a story, someone perhaps wasn't very nice, for exa ...more

• Fear No More (Ghost No More #3)
  • I'll Be Damned: How My Young and Restless Life Led Me to America's #1 Daytime Drama
  • Angels On Assignment: God's Relentless Protection of Your Loved Ones and You
  • Unbreak My Heart
  • Promise
  • Robert Pattinson: The Unauthorized Biography
  • The Lighthouse Brides Collection: 6 Romances Develop at Historic Light Stations
  • The Beatles Lyrics: The Songs of Lennon, McCartney, Harrison and Starr
  • Haunted Asylums, Prisons, and Sanatoriums: Inside Abandoned Institutions for the Crazy, Criminal & Quarantined
  • Back, After the Break
  • 'Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy and Other Misheard Lyrics
  • The Mikado
  • The Last Eunuch Of China
  • Crazy Rich: Power, Scandal, and Tragedy Inside the Johnson & Johnson Dynasty
  • Love Me Do!: Beatles Progress
  • Furnishing Eternity: A Father, a Son, a Coffin, and a Measure of Life
  • Operation Cure Boredom
  • Magic Gone Wild (Bottled Magic #3)
Olivia Newton-John, AO, OBE is an English-Australian singer, songwriter, actress, entrepreneur, and activist. She is a four-time Grammy award winner who has amassed five number-one and ten other top ten Billboard Hot 100 singles, and two number-one Billboard 200 solo albums.