Start by marking “The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)

The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky

(Montague Siblings #1.5)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  7,602 ratings  ·  1,532 reviews
In this funny and frothy novella that picks up where the New York Times bestselling The Gentlemans Guide to Vice and Virtue leaves off, freshly minted couple Monty and Percy fumble through their first time together.

Montys epic grand tour may be over, but now that he and Percy are finally a couple, he realizes there is something more nerve-wracking than being chased across
Published November 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky, please sign up.
Hannah Penrod I'm in the same boat- I really hope the publisher makes it available for purchase, at least in a digital edition. I just discovered the books and am…moreI'm in the same boat- I really hope the publisher makes it available for purchase, at least in a digital edition. I just discovered the books and am really bummed out that the novella was made to be such an exclusive things :( (less)
Mackenzi You can't preorder the novella--you get the novella if you preorder and submit your proof of purchase for The Lady's Guide to petticoats and PIracy.…moreYou can't preorder the novella--you get the novella if you preorder and submit your proof of purchase for The Lady's Guide to petticoats and PIracy. The novella will drop October 2! (less)

·  7,602 ratings  ·  1,532 reviews

Start your review of The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Reading this novella is all fun and games until it makes you achingly aware of the lack of cuddling you're experiencing in your life.

So without further ado, here's a list of iconic and memorable moments in this book!

First of all, nothing will ever come close to touching the humor and perfect execution of the question do you mean to tell me that you have not actually fornicated yet? being met with the incredulous and slightly indignant response dear God, Felicity
I genuinely strive to cultivate
Claudia Ramírez
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-ship-them, my-sons, 2019
IM CRYING IN A CORNER BECAUSE THEY ARE SO CUTE. ...more
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
WAIT!
What!? O_o
Hold a second!

When did this become a thing and why the freaking hell didn't I know about it?!

I need more Monty and Percy in my life!!
I'm soo going to savour this!!
Well, as soon as I get my own copy of course! ;-P

Mackenzi you make me very happy! XD
I hope you know that. *lol*
C.G. Drews
This was entirely adorable and so utterly awkward it was hilarious! I actually could read an infinitely long series about Percy and Monty, juuuust saying in case the bookish gods want to grant that request. It is pretty much 50pgs of Monty and Percy trying to have sex and everything of ever going wrong. 😂It made me laugh out loud though. I love their banter and Monty's panic meltdowns and the fact that the worst thing in the world that's ever happened to him is getting his hair wet in the ocean. ...more
Kai
Oct 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
I'm ready for the gay
Larry H
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

The Gentleman's Guide to Getting Lucky is a sweet, sexy, short romp about love and sex and planning a future together.

I absolutely LOVED Mackenzi Lees Montague Siblings Series, particularly The Gentlemans Guide to Vice and Virtue . It was so unique, so fun, so romantic, and so poignant. Monty and Percy are easily one of my favorite literary couples in recent years.

This novella is an amuse-bouche of sorts, coming in at slightly over 100 pages. Here Monty, Percy, Felicity, and the
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
WE HATE RICHARD PEELE!

Ugh, this was ridiculously cute and hilarious and I can die happy now. My heart is so full and my stomach hurts from laughing.

If you didnt already know, I fucking adore Monty and Percy. I love them and The Gentlemans Guide so much that Im still, after six months and reading it three times, unable to write a review because I dont think I can write down just how much I love everything about these characters and these books and how important I think they are. I could
chan ☆
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary, 2018
not enough sex

i feel PLAYED. ok not really, i knew that i couldn't possibly expect a torrid love scene in a historical fiction YA. but sometimes a girl just wants to dream.

this was really sweet & just reinforced everything we already know. percy is a sweet cinnamon roll & monty has feelings that he is bad at letting out. this didn't add much in the way of character development or story but it was cute. and they're cute.

the end.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
1.) The Gentlemen's Guide To Vice and Virtue ★★★★★
*.) The Gentlemen's Guide To Getting Lucky ★★★★
2.) The Lady's Guide To Petticoats and Piracy ★★★★★

-----------------------------------------------

omfg i love them so much it hurts
✨    jamieson   ✨
WHEN will a man as sweet and tall as Percy Newton come into my life? I relate to bi disaster Monty so much but where's MY sweet bf/gf who kill give me soft kisses all the time :/ anyway this was cute & funny thats all I have to say on that
Irina
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was so cute and fun to read. i love Monty and Percy with all my heart
Lily ☁️
I fell in love with Monty & Percy all over again, smiled so much that my cheeks are still a bit sore, and basically, this is the perfect novella, and I cant wait to read Felicitys book.

I would teach my body to regrow my heart each time I gave it to him, over and over and over again. Heart after heart after heartevery one of them his.

Blog | Bloglovin | Instagram | TumblrTwitter
Melissa
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The gang is back in this short, but sweet novella. It's abso-bloody-lutely FANTASTIC! Fans of The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue will not be disappointed. Mackenzi had me laughing, shrieking, and as usual sighing "Oh, Monty."

Also, if you've listened to the audio book and fell in love with Christian Coulson's voice like I have, he might sneak in narrating as you read.

Sum of feels in a gif

Don't sleep on this people! Go pre-order your copy of The Lady's Guide to Vice and Virtue today wherever
Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his)
Omg it was so fluffy and wonderful and I nearly laughed many times while I was supposed to be paying attention to my professors in class. I adored it. I sincerely hope that this series is more than a duology, or that there's going to be something separate to follow Felicity's adventures. Wonderful.
Connie
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
my skin is clear, my crops are thriving, the sun is shining, monty is a Bisexual Disaster, and percy and monty are idiots in love. bless mackenzi lee for restoring peace to the universe.
kelly ♥
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt-content
I raise my head, and he turns to me. "I love you," I say quietly. "You know that?"
"And I you, my darling boy."

excuse me for a moment while i sit and cry
TheYALibrarian
Oct 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Umm excuse me how did I not hear about this and why can't I get it on Amazon???!!!! Someone help I need this in my life!!!

Update 10/18/18

Well now I'm a little irked that I found out only people who pre-ordered TLGTPAP and sent an email to Lee got a copy of this ebook. So I guess all of us who had no idea just miss out?! Great...
Meli
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"We are tough and stupid together and we are going to be tough and stupid together for the rest of our lives" ♥ Los amo, bye.

Update: no dejo de sonreír como boba desde que terminé esto. Monty tiene esa capacidad de hacerme hiper feliz con su estupidez y profundidad no intencionada (:P) que me puede.
Norah Una Sumner
honestly if my significant other doesn't almost stab my eye out and end up breaking their nose while we're trying to get it on what's the point

... i can't believe i now have a 2020 shelf
Warda
Apr 05, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I never managed to read this and now WE'RE GETTING A HARDCOVER AND I'M OVER THE BLEEDIN' MOON!!
Teal
Well, there's 17 hours of my life Im never getting back.

All right, it was probably only 30 minutes. It just felt longer.

DNF @ 55%
Drewthereader20
Listen to this book in one sitting tonight. My seventh book of the month!(:
Sabrina
Oct 12, 2018 rated it liked it
The Gentlemans Guide to Vice and Virtue - ★★★★

This reminded me how much fun I had reading TGGTVAV.
This was funny, and although this is about this marvelous couple getting some, they didnt in fact got some it this short story but out of it.

In some ways I feel betrayed but it was still a great read so Ill not get to mad about that.

Now Im ready to read the next one!
michaela ☁️
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i need more
Angelica
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I didn't know I needed. Monty is a disaster in the most entertaining yet heartbreaking way possible. Percy is, of course, the sweetest most wonderful person to ever grace the earth. Felicity, though, is the real MVP for trying to hook them up.

This is a story where everything that could go wrong does in fact, go wrong. But, of course, things don't just go wrong, because no, that would be far too boring. Too mundane and commonplace for one such as Monty. In this book,
Hollis
I mean, "funny and frothy novella" pretty much says it all!
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)
OMG this was SO funny! I wasn't expecting it. Being honest, I've always had a conflicting relationship with Monty, but I still love the couple with Percy. I think they're adorable together and this little novel was all I needed from these two

description

4/5 Stars

You can find more of my reviews on my blog A Book. A Thought.

For a moment I thought Monty would be the same old Monty again, but it wasn't like that and I liked seeing him more open about his feelings and thoughts, and as for Percy, I just love him
milou  ☕️
↠ 4,5 stars

I reach out before I can stop myself and push his hair behind his ears, then lean down for a kiss. When our lips meet, I swear I feel my ribs strain from how full I am with loving him.

This was everything that I hoped that it would be. I love how awkward Percy and Monty were in this and how precious and adorable they are together. Reading about them brought out a huge grin to my face and it made me realize how much I had missed my babies. It was short and sweet.

• Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • The Gravity of Us
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • I Wish You All the Best
  • Fence, Vol. 3
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • The Music of What Happens
  • The Infinite Noise (The Bright Sessions #1)
  • Bloom
  • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • Pumpkinheads
  • We Contain Multitudes
Mackenzi Lee holds a BA in history and an MFA in writing for children and young adults from Simmons College. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the historical fantasy novels THIS MONSTROUS THING, THE GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE, which won a 2018 Stonewall Honor Award and the New England Book Award, and its sequel, THE LADY'S GUIDE TO PETTICOATS AND PIRACY, which debuted at #3 ...more

Montague Siblings (3 books)
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1)
  • The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Montague Siblings, #2)
  • The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks (Montague Siblings, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Need another excuse to go to the bookstore this week? We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the week. To create our list,...
“I would teach my body to regrow my heart each time I gave it to him, over and over and over again. Heart after heart after heart—every one of them his.” 20 likes
“I look down at his hand and laugh without quite knowing why. “You deserve some sort of
reward for putting up with me.”
“You’re my reward.”
“Shit reward I am.”
“Why do you think everyone needs some sort of recompense for being around you?” he says,
his voice so gentle I almost start to cry.”
12 likes