Start by marking “Once Upon a Laugh” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Laugh

Once Upon a Laugh

(Once Upon a Laugh)

Ready for a book collection you can’t put down?

Eight brand new contemporary Christian romantic comedies are here to keep you company. Some of your favorite inspirational authors have come together in this collection of all-new novellas.

From light-hearted romance to laugh-out-loud love, this set will put a smile on your face and keep you reading long into the night.

Jane by
Published July 23rd 2018 by OWD Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Laugh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Laugh

Start your review of Once Upon a Laugh
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
A great collection of stories filled with sweet romance, humor, and depth that left me with a smile on my face :)
Toni Shiloh
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The only thing better than laughing, imo, is romance and this novella collection has both! From moments where I doubled over with laughter to ones that made me smile with pleasure, Once Upon a Laugh offers a wide range of romance to satisfy every type of reader.

*Some of the books in this collection deserve 5 stars and some 4. I'd give this a 4.5 if Goodreads allowed it. ;)
** I received a ARC copy from the publisher. This review is my own, honest opinion.
Anne
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lighthearted, witty, and charming, Jane by the Book is Basham’s latest rom-com that had me smiling and chuckling during my reading experience. I finished Jane and Titus's story with a deep sigh of satisfaction and perhaps...an audible awwww! 😊

I received an electronic copy of the book from the author. I was not required to write a review. All opinions are my own.

I'm working on reading the rest of the collection and the stories are equally delightful!
Beth Erin
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full review for each novella on FaithfullyBookish.com

These stories are absolutely delightful! I have been looking forward to this novella collection ever since I finished reading last year's Love at First Laugh collection! I'm hoping a few of them release individually so I can purchase print copies because these entertaining stories are perfect candidates for re-reading!!! If any of these authors are not on your radar, check them out because they should be!

Jane by the Book : This story is sweet,
Susan Snodgrass
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved everything about this collection. This set of novellas has some favorite authors for me and I jumped at the chance to read it. So glad I did.

Jessica Patch is at her best here with Under The Honey Moon. Love her writing. She has the most wonderful dry sense of humor ever. Christina Coryell is great with her contribution. I devour everything these two write. Pepper Basham is again delightful with her Jane By The Book. The others are well told as well. I was thoroughly entertain
Phyllis
Jane by the Book by Pepper Basham

A sweet,humorous, faith filled romance
with a touch of mystery

The mystery of the journal haunted Jane. She wanted so badly to know about her namesake from the late 1800s. Especially how the story ended. And once Titus found out about it, he couldn’t let the rest of the story go untold.

Okay. I admit it. Titus is adorable. His exuberance and disarmingly honest manner are just so charming. I love the way he gets caught up in his books and his characters that they are
Nina Yahnke
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great anthology!!!

I gave this anthology a 5 star rating because each if these novellas was well-written and highly entertaining. While reading, I discovered some new authors and read some old favorites.

You will love this collection! I don't post spoilers, so I won't say anything more, other than the book speaks for itself.
Andrea
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People that love to laugh!
4.5 stars! Full of fun, laugh out loud and grin quietly to yourself moments, this collection was a great read. Some very swoon-worthy heroes, strong heroines, and toe-curling kisses can be found in these pages too. The meaningful moments in these stories are what made them feel so real for me though. I loved the back and forth banter between the characters, seeing the truth, and the happy endings. I met some new to me author's in this collection and look forward to reading more from them.
I pre-
Jaycee Weaver
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, times eight!

Please don’t ask me to choose a favorite because that would be a cruel, impossible task! I’m familiar with several of these authors, but I was happy to discover a couple I haven’t read yet. This collection is absolutely wonderful, and I can’t recommend it enough for anyone who enjoys a little romance with a lot of humor!
Sherri
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jane By The Book, Pepper Basham - 5 stars; I loved both Titus and Jane Cecily! What a sweet romance.

Crossed Out, Christina Coryell - 4 stars

If She Dares, Mikal Dawn - 3 stars

Definitely, Heather Gray - 5 stars! Oh my goodness! I loved this story! I loved the pastor for his patience. I loved Annie for her crazy sense of humor. I loved Beatrice for her honesty. It made me laugh out loud so many times. I can relate to Annie so much. I can just imagine how I would have felt in her shoes. Date a pa
Suzie Waltner
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Humorous situations, misunderstandings, and more had me laughing throughout this collection as each couple finds their way to the beginnings (or continuation) of new (or old) relationships. This is such a fun read that I just could not pick a favorite, so you get a quick snapshot on each of these eight novellas.

Jane by the Book by Pepper Basham: This story had me at Bath, England and an inn with Jane Austen inspired rooms. But those took a back seat once I met the outgoing and a bit eccentric he
Susan L. Tuttle
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'll admit that I haven't made it through each one of these yet ... but these authors are wonderful with rom-com:) If you'd like a fun read that delivers on laughter and romance, you can't beat this collection!
Kara
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ms. Basham's Titus is definitely a favorite character in this collection of stories! He's quite a terrific fellow. :) But all the stories made me giggle a great deal and swoon a great deal more. Super cute! And super fun.
Nike Bentley
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really hope these authors continue to release a set every summer. It's become a highlight for me. I've reviewed each novella individually.

1. Jane by the Book:

Pepper Basham takes us back to Bath and the Elizabeth Inn. Nora’s friend Jane was left at the altar four years ago and has found comfort in routine and order at Nora’s family inn. Ethan, Nora’s fiancé, has requested Jane’s help in streamlining The Elizabeth Inn. This is a chance for Jane to share her organizational knowledge and hotel h
Alexis
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The stories in this book provide more than a good laugh, they provide a heartwarming experience!

Here is my story-by-story review...

Jane by the Book by Pepper Basham: A charming tale about a writer and his muse. The plot was unpredictable in a good way. The dialogue was clever and the characters were engaging.

Crossed Out by Christina Coryell: A clever story about crossword puzzles, puppies, and unexpected love.

If She Dares by Mikal Dawn: What a story! Filled with love, laughter, obstacles, charac
Marylin
Shelves: books-reviewed
This book collection has been such a delight to read.
It is written by several different authors, and each story will bring a chuckle to your heart and soul.
I needed something to read during my summer vacation and this was a great find. It filled me with laughter, hope, sweet moments, and lots of romance!
Each book has a flair of its own, and each author is skilled in storytelling.
There were a couple of “new to me” authors which I truly enjoyed getting to know. Now I have more authors to read!
Nicole
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed all eight novellas in this collection. Some of the authors were new to me, while others were already favorites of mine. I smiled, I swooned, and I laughed out loud. Some of the stories had characters I recognized from previous novels or novellas written by the authors. However, you could enjoy the stories without having read these. Other novellas had me hoping the author would write more stories about the other characters.

If you are looking for eight well-written stories that have rom
Jen Morris
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best Anthology I Have Read This Year

Silly, quirky, clumsy, and above all Loveable characters fill this collection. Normally in Anthologies there are a few good tales and some that are obviously plots and characters that failed for books and are being recycled as short stories. Not so in this funny group. I enjoyed every last one of them! I will be looking for more of these authors work.
Winnie
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great collection of fun stories by some fantastic authors! Since they are novellas, they are quick and easy reads, but they kept me amused and happy for several hours. The settings are interesting, the characters are lovable and well-developed, and the stories are brimming with wit and charm. I’ve read books by some of these authors before, but a couple of them are new-to-me writers. I’m looking forward to reading more stories from all of them.
Robin
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I chuckled, giggled, and outright belly laughed my way through this wonderful story collection. Well done and quite engaging. Highly recommended. I absolutely loved it!!!!! I received an advance reader copy from one of the authors. Opinions are my own.
Laura C.  Brandenburg
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have to confess I didn’t read all of these, but the ones by Laurie Tomlinson and Jessica Patch were my favs. Great storylines and tons of laugh-out-loud moments. And Pepper Basham sure knows how to write a great kiss scene!
Donna Dv
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable novellas. Each one was well written and fun to read. I especially enjoyed Crossed Out, but I love anything Christina Coryell writes. Jane By the Book was fun also, as was Under the Honey Moon. They were all good, but, there was one book, Save the Last Word, that I didn't care for as much as the others. I was given an ARC, but it did not influence my review.
Shona
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t find a fault with this book. I laughed, giggled and occasionally snorted whilst reading. Eight brilliant authors with eight fantastic stories all in one perfect package. Love lives, the route to happy ever after and a solid Christian faith throughout. Look no further for your beach read this summer.
Linda Rainey
A Delightful Novella Collection

I loved this collection of novellas by familiar and new authors.
The novellas full of laughter and joy,make for a perfect summer read.
Two novellas, Jane by the book and Crossed Out were my favorites.
Becky Smith
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The description for this set is perfectly written, because these are definitely some of my favorite authors. And not only are they filled with romance, faith, good morals, life-lessons & truth, but they really are filled with fun & humor! They kept me reading and kept me laughing. They are very well-written and fun to read!
Christine
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a delightful collection of stories! These stories had me laughing out loud. Seriously, there was some amazing bantering happening all across this collection. Each story had a unique feel, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this collection.

*I received and advanced copy from one of the authors. My opinions are honest.
Melissa Henderson
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Each one of these stories brings smiles and joy. Lighthearted and full of love, the characters are special and the stories are very interesting. I enjoyed reading each story.
Katherine
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All of the stories are SO good! I loved the romance and the faith themes. And the stories were all very different from each other.
Barbara
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
On a scale of cotton candy to Brussels sprouts, A (Wildly) Wonderful Wedding by Krista Phillips is a cocoa puff food fight. Chocolate cereal whizzes by ears, bouncing off noses and occasionally catching a tongue by surprise. Perfect amount of giggles and crunch and fun.

When Danni's best friend announces she's engaged to her boyfriend of one month with plans to wed in only two months, all of Danni's warning bells are screaming. She's going to do whatever it takes to talk her best friend out of th
Amy
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Once Upon a Laugh is a collection of eight hilarious stories. These stories include:
Jane by the Book by Pepper D Basham
Crossed Out by Christina Coryell
If She Dares by Mikal Dawn
Definitely by Heather Gray
Under the Honey Moon by Jessica R Patch
A (Wildly) Wonderful Wedding by Krista Phillips
Save the Last Word by Betsy St Amant
The Long Game by Laurie Tomlinson
I found this collection to be a fun and delightful read. It is mostly of authors I have never read before. I will be looking for more by them

• Bookishly Ever After (Book Nerds and Boyfriends Collection #1)
  • Literarily For Keeps  (Book Nerds and Boyfriends Collection #2)
  • All Made Up
  • Wooing Cadie McCaffrey
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (The Saturday Night Supper Club, #2)
  • The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations
  • If She Dares (An Emerald City Romance #1.5)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • Under the Honey Moon (Honeyhaven #1)
  • Together for Christmas: Four sweet and clean heartwarming Christian romances
  • The Trouble With Love (Faith & Fortune, #1)
  • I Choose You
  • Royally Yours
  • Wait for Me (Montana Rescue, #6)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • Freedom's Kiss (Carrington Family #3)
  • A Honey of a Christmas (Honeyhaven, #2)
Pepper D Basham has been telling tales ever since she was a little girl. When her grandmother called her a “writer” at the age of ten, Pepper took it as gospel and has enjoyed various types of writing styles ever since. A native of the Blue Ridge Mountains, mom of five, speech-language pathologist, and lover of chocolate, Pepper enjoys sprinkling her native Appalachian culture into her fiction whe ...more

News & Interviews