Start by marking “Devian (The Elemental Union #1)” as Want to Read:
Devian (The Elemental Union #1)

Devian

(The Elemental Union #1)

Shanna Bosarge’s breakout novel introduces Sterling Rin’Ovana -- a complex, beautiful, and dangerous woman who forges toward a powerful future despite her unknown past.

Resentful of the silver eyes inherited from a mother she never knew, Sterling must learn to put aside the wayward glances and the whispered insults of those who see her as a monster. Silver eyes that also
Published September 11th 2018 by Shamibo Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Devian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devian

Start your review of Devian (The Elemental Union #1)
Joshua Grant
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devian by Shanna Bosarge is the gritty fantasy tale of Sterling, a young woman with an unknown past. Sterling is constantly being hunted by an evil force, and people are slow to trust her due to her mysterious silver eyes. As the war between demons and humans rages on, Sterling must fight to uncover her past so the world can have a future. Tense, fast paced, and vivid, the mystery of Devian was a really cool read any fantasy fan can enjoy!
Lisa
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading the first book in a new series. DEVIAN, Book 1 in the Elemental Union by Shanna Bosarge. (This was a free copy given by the author for my honest feedback).

This book is really well written. There is a mention of magic, but it isn’t discovered in this first book. We follow Sterling on a journey as she discovers who she is.

Devian was a great start to a series, the character building in this book is fantastic. You become invested. I cannot wait till the next in the story. To
Katy Vendetti
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I got this book in a farmer's market in Georgia while visiting family. It's a fantasy with some elemental magic, a girl with a mysterious past, and a robust world. I was in.

I'm not familiar with this author's web series, so I went into this world through this book. I have to say, the beginning was a bit overwhelming, with a lot of unfamiliar places, people, races, dates thrown at me. But I regained my footing around the 50-page mark.

The story is about a girl with silver eyes named Sterling. Her
Blue Reviews
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book by @shannabosarge
Intense, creative and a must read for fantasy lovers
......................
You just need to read a page and trust me you won't be able to put it down. The book opens with such beautiful description that it leaves you impressed.
........................
Get ready to discover a lot of new fantasy adventures. The book is fast paced. So, it's a page turner. You may get a satisfying end but still you wont be able to wait for book 2.
...........................
Looking for strong plot
Katia
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING

I enjoyed this story so much and I can not wait until the next one is available! I was pulled in alone by just the names of the "months" that began the chapters. I love the world that has been created, I can see the characters and landscape as the story is told. I felt all the emotions right along with each character, particularly the main character, Sterling! Great read, great story line I will be in line for the 2nd book as soon as it is available!! I recommend this to anyone who is a f
David Stewart
Jul 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Read for SPFBO 2019. Rating and review to come.
Buttercupp77
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This is a fantastic beginning to a series, with many strong elements and few weak ones.

The world-building is excellent and immersive. The author skillfully weaves description througout the story, never interfering with the pacing, which is also strong.

There are a number of very strong characters. As the lead, Sterling is a blend of vulnerability, inner strength, and rage. Given her lack of knowledge about her personal history and people, the reader learns of much of it alongside her. While I wou
Sara Hayes
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

So I have read the book and my only question is when does book 2 come out? Really great build of characters, and I'm looking forward to Sterling development with time. Can't wait to see what's in store for Kellan and the Sevaran when she overcomes the abuse and betrayal to fully embrace who she is and what she we be capable of.
Lillian Wakulchyk
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Received this from Voracious Readers Only in exchange for a review. Just finished this- was a great read! I was hoping for more history on the Devian , but now I guess I need to read the other ones ! There was some gut wrenching scenes but nothing too graphic- the aftermath though might be a bit much for people. All in all a good read !
K.E.
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
While I enjoyed the story and the world that was built, there were quite a few punctuations and grammar mistakes that disrupted the story for me. Still, there's a lot of world-building that I enjoyed (although some of it might have needed some more explanations but maybe that will happen in the second book). Overall, it was a good book and I enjoyed reading it. ...more
Dana Godfrey
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT book!!

I absolutely loved this book! The characters are finely wrought, the story clear and compelling. This is my favorite genre, and books such as this are rare. I cannot wait for the next installment!
Rachel
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A little slow to start with but the pace picks up and stays there. I really liked Sterling. Relatable and strong a very authentic characters. Finished it off in a mad rush! Have to read the next one!
D
Jan 16, 2021 rated it did not like it
No stars. That's the real rating. Rape. Torture. Cruelty. Betrayal. Denial. Murder. Complacency. Nope, don't think so. Y'all can have it. DNF the other 50%. ...more
Jamil
Jun 29, 2019
Kim
Jun 30, 2019
Jun 30, 2019

• Any Given Doomsday (Phoenix Chronicles, #1)
  • Ham
  • The Last First Kiss
  • Every Slow Song
  • Walk on Earth a Stranger  (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)
  • Aurora's Angel
  • Dragon Age: Blue Wraith #1
  • Time Spike
  • Out of Kilter
  • The Penultimate Peril (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #12)
  • Eight Will Fall
  • Dragon Age: Knight Errant #5
  • Dragon Age: Deception
  • Dragon Age: Knight Errant #4
  • Dragon Age: Knight Errant #2
  • Dragon Age: Magekiller #4
  • Dragon Age: Knight Errant #3
  • Flat Earth: Book One of the Flat Earth Trilogy
Hello everyone, so glad you found my page, and you're curious about the little story that I wrote.

There is not much to say; I have led a relatively simple life that has been filled with love. I grew up in the little town of Mableton, Ga. Mableton is just outside of Atlanta, but I was born in Mobile, Ala. My family moved here when I was three, so I consider myself a Georgian.

When I was in college,