Start by marking “Bodies Beautiful (Summerskill and Lyon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bodies Beautiful (Summerskill and Lyon, #2)

Bodies Beautiful

(Summerskill and Lyon #2)

“Y’know, time was when the serial killers went after helpless young women. Now they’re taking out bodybuilders.”

When promising young bodybuilder Paul Best is found gruesomely murdered, DI Claire Summerskill and DS Dave Lyon find themselves deep in the unfamiliar territory of hard core gyms and weights, supplements and steroids. But when the one thing linking the growing
ebook
Published July 13th 2018 by Ninestar Press

To ask other readers questions about Bodies Beautiful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bodies Beautiful

Start your review of Bodies Beautiful (Summerskill and Lyon, #2)
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Gah! Soooooon!
I loved the first book, my review here:
Mark
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing

So straight into Book 2 in the series after ‘Its A Sin’ and the continuation of the pairing of Summerskill and Lyon in their new roles within the Police and together as partners and also a continuation of the easy, friendly and inclusive writing style, you get to learn more about their private lives and them in general, I like both of them and their policing styles and so enjoyed ‘being back’ with the pair of them
The story this time revolves around a seedy gym and gym bunnies who are being
Meep
Dec 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF 29%

Reached a hard stop in this with the police woman's pov 'the disgusting man' while the man in question certainly seems unpleasant it's all tailored from her viewpoint and I had a visceral reaction to that phrase - it seemed a nasty small minded epitatph as you'd expect from a little kid tasting something bad 'ew disgusting' with scrunched up face, rather than a professional woman being flirted with. And yes this is a purely personal reaction, but there you go.

But my whole problem with
Michelle
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
The conflict continues in more ways than one.

Summerskill and Lyon are back with another case to solve when a bodybuilder's corpse is found with his head nearly detached. If you haven't read the first book, It's a Sin, I recommend you jump over to its page and make your way through that first. Even though the case can be seen as a standalone, book one lays a foundation for the way a lot of the characters interact/how the Foregate station functions.

We get time with our MCs, DI Summerskill and DS
Heather Martin
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

Bodies Beautiful is book two in Steve Burford’s Summerskill and Lyon series. This book could possibly be read as a stand-alone but the series does follow Summerskill and Lyon so there are recurring characters in both books. I’d recommend reading them in the appropriate order.

This is not a romance series, but a police procedural. This story is told through the
Suze
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The trials and tribulations of being a human - both Claire and Dave continue to have bumpy personal roads. Claire is trying to navigate her job around family life with all the hassles of a teenage son, especially when he sees things there are not. Dave struggles to find anyone normal to date!
Don’t know why I didn’t think of the murder weapon used on Paul - obvious after the fact.
It did keep me guessing, was sure others were the one - but after all the talking, maybe they were involved. I did
Pet
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading the book! Again we have a book with solid police work, this time set in the world of body building. Our police guys, Claire and Dave, seem quite comfortable with each other and their personal banter makes me grin. I had fun with Claire's sons attitude, from teenie-boy omg-ish to "love beeaaaaans", and also with Dave's search for a hook up/possible new partner.
I'd recommend the book for everyone who likes good crime stories and watch police doing their work. The fact that the
Sharon Cox
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this latest book in the Summerskill and Lyon series. It is well written and the story kept me turning the pages. I read it in one day which should say something about the quality of the book.
This book is a murder mystery: it is not a love story. Although we do see Dave trying to meet some men there is no sex in the book.
Highly recommended
Dolors
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5
Pjm12
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not so much romance, more crime novel with gay protagonist.

Strong plotting with an excellent mystery. Maybe next book Dave will get some lurrve…

Really enjoyed it.
ConM
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, crime
Well written, enjoyable mystery.
Misty

Maggie
added it
Nov 16, 2018

• Tallowwood
  • Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1)
  • In This Bed of Snowflakes We Lie
  • Guilt by Association (Hazard and Somerset, #4)
  • Transposition (Hazard and Somerset, #2)
  • Paternity Case (Hazard and Somerset #3)
  • Reasonable Doubt (Hazard and Somerset #5)
  • Criminal Past (Hazard and Somerset #6)
  • Dead Man Stalking (Blood and Bone, #1)
  • Better Not Pout
  • Let It Sew
  • Psychic Men (Hunt&Cam4Ever, #4)
  • The Body in the Mist (DCI Craig Gillard #3)
  • The Body in the Marsh (DCI Craig Gillard #1)
  • The Body on the Shore (DCI Craig Gillard #2)
  • Ghosting You
  • Faux Ho Ho
  • All She Wrote (Holmes & Moriarity, #2)
Steve Burford lives in one of the less well-to-do areas of Malvern mentioned in the novel. When not writing in a variety of genres under a variety of names, he tries to teach drama to teenagers. He has only occasionally been in trouble with the police.

Summerskill and Lyon (2 books)
  • It's a Sin (Summerskill and Lyon, #1)