Start by marking “Safe, in His Arms (In His Arms #1)” as Want to Read:
Safe, in His Arms (In His Arms #1)

Safe, in His Arms (In His Arms #1)

Alpha. Fierce. Protective.

Onyx Inwood lives a strict life of order and strategy.
He knows every move he makes before he takes action.
As a detective in the NYPD he knows the city streets like the back of his hand.
So why, when he stumbles upon a wandering girl, does his world turn upside down?

Shy. Klutzy. Afraid.

Grace Hawthorne often forgets why she doesn’t like to leav
Kindle Edition
Published August 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Safe, in His Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe, in His Arms

Tianna✸loves books✸
If you want a book with zero angst and insta love, then go for this.
This reminds me of Alexa Riley’s insta love books.
It’s simple and plain, where you already know what’s gonna happen.

The dumb girl who is supposed to be shy has no problem whatsoever in shoving her tongue in the H’s mouth in there first meetings.
This is not my thing.
This book is something anyone can write. It’s like no brain is needed to write this.

It’s not like I don’t appreciate such books but at least they should be free. I
Neringa Neringiukas
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was quick and super sweet, fairytale like story. I loved Onyx and his sweet possessive ways. And Grace... She deserved Onyx in her life. But damn she was accident prone. And I wasn't sure to laugh or be irked by it.
Anyway, I'm looking forward for next book.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
This was a very short, insta-love type romance. But at the same time it was sweet as well.

From the moment Grace and Onyx meet, they are drawn to one another. Grace had a unpleasant childhood and meeting Onyx changes her whole life. Onyx is a tough detective who feels pulled in the moment he sees her.

As short stories are known to do, everything goes quickly between these two. But Onyx comes across as a genuinely nice guy and Grace is a sweet, sheltered and previously mistreated woman so you jus
Ruby Ap.
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Ruby by: Been reading author's work since the beginning
I've been waiting for this short novella since it was posted by the author, KL Donn, who's one of my favorite authors', and I've counted the days to read it and it's finally been read and I definitely DON'T regret reading this short story one single bit... AT ALL! :)

I know some people may complain that it's short, but I really couldn't care less since it was written to perfection, at least to me and I know many readers will agree with me as well :) The instant connection and sizzling heat of the
Sandy Nikolas
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this sweet,quick love story. The author had stated that this was a quick,short story, and that it was. I really wish it had been longer! Looking forward to the next one.
Island Girl Romance Reads
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A short and sweet fairy tale romance!
Grace didn’t have a good life growing up with her stepmom.
After finally breaking free and living on her own, she meets Onyx.
Love the insta love and the story was sweet, a Cinderella story.
If you like sweet romance and insta love, then this book is for you.
Can’t wait for Coached, in his arms.
Kari Hansen
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grace has finally been able to put her past behind her and venture on her own, but she doesn’t have the life skills that most people take for granted. Onyx is a detective who ends up rescuing Grace and for the first time in her life she feels safe and protected. Is he the Prince Charming she has always dreamed about?

I loved these two characters. Onyx is so protective and caring towards her and Grace’s innocence and clumsiness only makes her more endearing. This is a short and sexy fairy tale tha
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I was really looking forward to reading this after reading the blurb.

Unfortunately, it fell a little short for me. The story was good, reminiscent of Cinderella: the stepmother, Gracie (Cinderella) and Onyx (Prince Charming). I was hoping for more of a build up to the relationship, but it was right of the gate.

IMO: If the story had been longer, it would have helped the story progress at a better pace.
Dana
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I was really looking forward to reading this after reading the blurb.

Teresa Lara
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this short beautiful read of Onyx and Grace.Maybe we can get Marty story
Ca Fender
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Onyx and Grace. It was lust at first sight.

This story was a very quick read. It’s basically an insta-love story. I did enjoy this story and the scenes were hot, but I feel like we’re missing a ton of story here. I feel like the author needs to finish filling in the book.

Christina- Book Haven Book Blog.
Sharing My
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Cinderella/Beauty and the Beast novella. I loved Grace and Onyx! Grace was klutzy and shy, but Onyx made her feel safe. I loved that from the first glance, Onyx knew Grace was meant to be his. He wanted to be her knight and protect her always. Grace dreamt of one day meeting her prince and living happily ever after, just like in the fairytales. I loved their instant chemistry too. This is the first book I have read by K.L. Donn, but it definitely won't be the last.
Laundry
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you're ever in a reading slump and need something steamy to "Stella got her groove back", Safe, In His Arms is literally the best option. It's a quick read but it is absolutely NOT lacking in any department. You've got a banging story line, naughty laundry and super likable characters. Seriously. You cannot go wrong with KL Donn. And this latest release? YUM.

Story Line: Can I just say I love fairy tale story lines? I'm a hopeless romantic, what can I say? I'm so lucky I married the least roma
Sassy Southern
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Onyx, a detective, sticks to his strict way of life that revolves around order and strategy. And it serves him well in his job where the slightest slip could cost him his life or that of others. Nothing has shaken his control, until now.

Grace is anything but controlled. She's klutzy and knows it, not to mention she's shy, which is fine when she's sequestered herself in her apartment. It's safer there. And as her stepmom likes to remind her, Grace isn't exactly a leading expert in people.

When the
Linda Lee
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
First the positives...The cover drew me in, unfortunately it’s not displayed on Goodreads but it is simply gorgeous. The editing in this book is beautiful and I appreciate the extra effort put into it. Proofreading was excellent only found one error. The plot of the story is fantastic unfortunately it was poorly executed.
Now for the negatives...To say I am disappointed in this book is an understatement. It was an hour long read, not exactly what I’d call a book. The characters lacked depth, the
Carol Dawn
Oh…My…Fairy tale…

I loved this book. I love insta~love stories. I read a ton of them. And by that..I mean every single one I can get my sticky fingers on. But, (and this never fails) every insta~love book I read is super cheesy to the point that it’s just..well…ridiculous. Of course, that doesn’t stop me. I may have a problem. 😜

Going into this book I already knew what to expect. But, I actually didn’t get what I was expecting. You do get the insta~love and the super sweet romance but what you don
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Grace Hawthorne grew up lonely, often put down by her step mother and told she had no life skills to take care of herself in the real world. She fears the outside, and being a bit clumsy and awkward doesn’t help her lack of desire to be a part of the world outside of her apartment. When she gets lost in the city, she never expected to find the one man who could make her feel safe.

Police detective Onyx Inwood enjoys rules and order. When he sees a young woman looking lost and scared on the street
Lauren
Safe in his arms is short, fast paced and a sweet read. This story is a bit like a modern day Cinderella but without the stepsisters. I devoured this story within half an hour and desperately wanted more. I wish this book were longer! But that is just me being greedy. I loved Grace. I found her love of fairytale’s cute. Although she was a little naïve, she wasn’t immature. I found her clumsiness endearing. I really liked Onyx and wanted to steal him away and keep him for myself! I liked that as ...more
Hazel Harkins
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Krystal has a knack for instalove and she has definitely brought her A game to this sweet book.

Onyx Inwood is a sweet alpha who knows what he wants and how he'll go about getting it. When it comes to Grace Hawthorne he knew she was his the moment he caught sight of her.

Grace Hawthorne has never known confidence but when she meets a big scary man in the park she feels nothing but safe in his arms and forgets her fear of the outside world.

This book is filled with the love a man feels for his woman
Tracie Simister
Genre: Romantic Erotica
Author: KL Donn
Format: Kindle Edition
Published on: Aug 21, 2018

I voluntarily received a Courtesy Copy of this book from Read, Review, Repeat and am voluntarily leaving a review.
>-< >-< >-< >-< >-<>-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-<
Character’s Descriptions:
Onyx Inwood is always in control. As a detective
Leslee
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gracie is just like Rapunzel, locked away from the world and terrorized by her stepmother to be terrified of the outside. She finally gets her freedom even though it involves getting tossed out onto the street at age eighteen. Luckily, she loses her way and stumbles into the arms of Officer Onyx Inwood. Onyx is mesmerized by the petite girl and knows he has found the one. Will they get their happily ever after?

This is my first book by K.L. Donn but it won't be my last! This tale is totally swoon
Sandra
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading some heavier and longer books lately this quick insta-love story was just what I needed. It was really sweet with really sexy scenes. Grace did not have a great life when her father passed away and she had to live with her (wicked) stepmother. She was kicked out at 18 and after being isolated for most of her life she was scared to be out there in the real world. One day she is in the park and she was lost, literally and emotionally. In swoops in NYPD detective Onyx Inwood, a very p ...more
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog

This book gets right to the point! This insta love novella was cute, it was sweet and a little bit steamy.

Onyx is a cop. He knows what he wants in life and he wont stop until it’s his. Grace is a young girl with a sad background. Could Onyx be the fairy tale she has been waiting for all her life?
This couple burns the pages with their instant connection. I thought they were both fun, sweet characters.

This book was super quick to read but I enjoyed it. I would have loved more to the sto
Lica Vargas - Amores e Livros
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4,5 Stars

Sweet and lovely, the book is so cute. Grace is a dreaming girl and full of cliche that made me get in the fairy tale mood and made me think that yeah... I am a girl who still dreams of find the Prince Charming. And if he comes in a cop uniform like Onyx? Yeah... So much better than on a white horse.
(I think that I am full of cliche like Grace LOL)

This is the first book that I've read by K. L. Donn and I loved it.
The reading was so good that I wish it was longer.

Release Blitx & Ful
Lynne Garlick
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Be still my beating heart!! Damn this book gives you ALL THE FEELS! As a woman who grew up reading fairy tales and hoping one day I would get my Prince, this ticked every box. Of course the fairy tales I read now are a lot hotter......and I did get my Prince.
Anywho, I digress. Grace is sweet, innocent and is suddenly thrust from her tower by the wicked Stepmother and stumbles into the arms of Onyx.....her knight in a shining NYPD cruiser! Damn, that man! He brings a whole new meaning to protecti
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

Grace having just gotten off the streets through some really good luck, ends up lost and runs into Onyx. It was lust at first touch, for Onyx, the shy and clumsy Grace is just what he wants. Now, he just has to see if Grace wants to be kept. A very quick read, with a possessive alpha, and some really hot sexy times; this was the perfect afternoon read. I realized while reading that I really do like J/P (jealous/possessive) reads, my only complaint is I wanted more. I
Courtney
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap, KL Donn, what an amazing new book! I absolutely loved Onyx, where can I find someone like him, and Grace are an automatic connection that will change everything for them. While Grace has spent most of her life sheltered and under someone else's thumb with Onyx she will find her other half and safety like she hasn't known for so long. I can't say enough how much I loved these two characters from the creative mind that belongs to KL Donn! I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader copy o ...more
Breyana Floyd
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's Cinders with a hot Alpha, swoon! This books was like a modern rewrite of my favorite story with its own twist, turns, and quirks. Its Prince Charming when he found his inner alpha and just let him run wild. I ABSOLUTELY ADORED IT! I wished this was full length so bad. But it was also perfect just the way it was. Insta love but with a purpose and feeling. Most definitely a summer favorite of mine. I can't wait for more!
Jessica
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a arc for my honest review... i live fairytales since i was a little girl. This is a sexy version of those fairytales we grew up with, honestly it was so hot i was fanning myself. It was short but you can feel the connection that love at first sight and it only grew stronger. My only complaint would be i wanted it longer but that is cause i love this author and i hate running out of her books . This is a must read
Gladys
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this quick, insta-love story. A beautiful, sweet and simple take on Cinderella, that easily entertains you while melting your heart. Onyx and Grace were pure magic together. This such a delightfully swoon worthy adult fairytale. I'm eagerly looking forward to the next book in this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Krystal is a proud Canadian girl, hailing from Sherwood Park, Alberta. She has a strong dislike for the winter, and a love for spring. Married to her husband Steve, for 13 years, they have 4 beautiful red headed spawns ranging in ages 6-13. She has a strong love of coffee, sarcasm, and wine. (Not necessarily in that order either.)

She has been a published author for over 3 years now. With over 20 b