Start by marking “Natural Beauty at Home, Revised Edition: More Than 250 Easy-To-Use Recipes for Body, Bath, and Hair” as Want to Read:

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  171 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
A revised edition of the bestselling guide to easy and effective home beauty treatments from America's natural beauty expert

Beauty in modern America is a multibillion-dollar industry, and consumers spend hundreds of dollars on beauty products only to discover that they aren't satisfactory or effective. Natural Beauty at Home includes over two hundred of Janice Cox's recipe
Published August 2nd 2002 by St. Martins Press-3pl (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Beauty at Home, Revised Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Beauty at Home, Revised Edition

Oct 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
I enjoyed reading this and haven't made anything in it,but I don't like that in her shampoo recipe she says to buy any old cheap uncented shampoo from the drugstore.Why bother making it when you have to buy shampoo to make it?
Janelle Bennette-Wharton
I am new to making my own body products & this book was a nice stepping stone for a beginner. Because of the time this book was written I did have to substitute some of her ingredients & I'm very happy she did provide me with a list of alternative ones I could use that were more easily available to me. I've started making my own hair conditioner, treatments, lotions & facials. My skin & hair feel & look great. Very happy I came across it.
Amanda Klich
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is a very simple, easy to follow read. Most of it I already knew, but the recipes were great for making lists to make shopping easier, I am that person who tends to forget stuff if I don't make a list.
Oct 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
I borrowed this book from a friend of mine and actually had to get myself a copy. The recipes are easy to follow and the products are amazing. Nothing's more earth-friendly than creating your own beauty products! I love this book!
Nov 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
fantastic! for a novice or anyone experienced that wants to make new products. it has tons and then some more recipes. hair tonics to hair growth, foot rubs to toothpaste. it really has it all. simple easy to follow directions. I love this book!
Mar 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fashion-beauty
Hmm. Turns out most at home beauty treatments are more unsanitary, expensive and messy than just paying to have a professional do them. Good to know.
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I feel like I need an updated version. This book mentions using mineral oil, which is derived from petroleum. Something I'm not at all interested in using. Still a good starter though.
Amber Val
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Simple recipes, although I do wish the author spent more time on her reasoning for using certain ingredients.
Aug 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
good practical recipes
May 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: do it yourselfers
Recommended to Miriam-Lea by: The Provo Library
The recipes are really fun, my husband loves using the olive oil cleansing lotion that now has a permanent place in our shower.
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is one of the most complete books of its kind that I have read and the recipes are all easy to follow. I'm adding this to my Amazon wish list so I can always have a copy on hand.
Robin Dodds
I haven't made anything from this yet, but I can't wait to. Simple, inexpensive, natural remedies, most of them from ingredients you have in your kitchen. What could be better?
Danielle Head
Apr 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Danielle by: Sariah
It is really fun to make your own lotions, shampoos, toothpaste, hair gel, etc...
Feb 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2016
Jul 25, 2012
Apr 22, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Green Beauty Recipes: Easy Homemade Recipes to Make your Own Skincare, Hair Care and Body Care Products
  • Organic Body Care Recipes
  • The Soapmaker's Companion: A Comprehensive Guide with Recipes, Techniques  Know-How
  • The Essential Oils Book: Creating Personal Blends for Mind  Body
  • Earthly Bodies & Heavenly Hair: Natural and Healthy Bodycare for Every Body
  • Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West
  • The Complete Illustrated Holistic Herbal: Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies
  • GREEN CLEAN: The Environmentally Sound Guide to Cleaning Your Home
  • Style Me Vintage: Hair: Easy Step-by-Step Techniques for Creating Classic Hairstyles
  • Homemade: How-to Make Hundreds of Everyday Products Fast, Fresh, and More Naturally
  • Better Basics for the Home: Simple Solutions for Less Toxic Living
  • Herbs for Natural Beauty
  • The Naturally Clean Home: 101 Safe and Easy Herbal Formulas for Nontoxic Cleansers
  • The Herbalist's Way: The Art and Practice of Healing with Plant Medicines
  • All Women Are Healers: A Comprehensive Guide to Natural Healing
  • Smart Soapmaking: The Simple Beginners Guide to Making Handmade Soap Quickly, Safely, and Reliably, or How to Make Homemade, Handcrafted Soaps that Cleanse and Delight (Smart Soap Making Book 1)
  • New Menopausal Years: Alternative Approaches for Women 30-90
  • Organic Housekeeping: In Which the Non-Toxic Avenger Shows You How to Improve Your Health and That of Your Family, While You Save Time, Money, and, Perhaps, Your Sanity