Start by marking “The 26th of November: A Pride and Prejudice Comedy of Farcical Proportions” as Want to Read:
The 26th of November: A Pride and Prejudice Comedy of Farcical Proportions

The 26th of November: A Pride and Prejudice Comedy of Farcical Proportions

The Netherfield Ball: Classic. Predictable. Immortalized.
But, what if Elizabeth were forced to relive it over and over and over again? Night after night after night?

Elizabeth: Clever. Witty. Confident.
Suddenly, her confusion and desperation make her question things she long thought she knew.

Mr. Darcy: Proud. Unapproachable. Bad tempered.
In this world where nothing is
Published July 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The 26th of November, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 26th of November

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
5 stars!

Review & Giveaway at Of Pens and Pages.

The 26th of November by Elizabeth Adams promised hilarity, and it delivered that and so much more! I wanted this book to go on forever, but I doubt Elizabeth Bennet would appreciate it. This Pride and Prejudice meets Groundhog Day is a wonderfully weaved story where we have Elizabeth as the poor victim, and November 26th, the night of the Netherfield ball, as the repeating day. It reminded me a lot of another favorite where Mr. Darcy experienced
Sheila Majczan
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars rounded up to 5 stars

As the story description and other reviews inform us this story is a type of "Groundhog Day" variation but this time with the day of the Netherfield Ball being repeated again and again for about a month of days for Elizabeth. No one else is experiencing this time warp. The author's creativity shone in that she was able to come up with so many ways Elizabeth tried to change the outcome every time the Netherfield Ball happens. At times she only changes or attempts to
Debbie Brown
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it, jaff, 2018-jaff
I've read and enjoyed another story where Darcy was stuck in a Groundhog Day-type loop, so I'm delighted that Ms. Adams took up the gauntlet and has done the same, making Elizabeth the victim this time. The author shows a deft touch developing the premise.

Wednesday, November 26, is the day of the Netherfield ball. Elizabeth does get to experience that Thursday, so she knows the Netherfield residents will leave, possibly never to return, and that Mr. Collins will propose marriage to her. But she'
Leslie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can you ever have too many P&P |Groundhog's Day Mash ups? No, no you cannot.

This one is unique because it features Elizabeth and the Netherfield ball as our trapped victim and repeated day. And let me just say it is wonderful.

The author gives Lizzy a chance to really get to know Mr. Darcy through repeated interactions and conversations that most likely will disappear down the memory hole... Some are sweet, some are saucy, all are clean. Sometimes Lizzy is a little silly, once or twice deligh
Nicole Clarkston
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely enchanting! No wasted time or annoying repetition in this Groundhog Day experience for our dear girl. I loved watching her take out her frustrations and try to solve this dilemma of hers. And the solution! Oh, Lizzy, you daring girl! Don’t miss this one. 💕
Anna
Sep 19, 2018 added it
Shelves: austenesque
Elizabeth Adams’ new Pride and Prejudice variation, The 26th of November, was an absolute delight from start to finish. It is subtitled “A Pride & Prejudice Comedy of Farcical Proportions,” and it definitely delivered! The novel is told from the point of view of Elizabeth Bennet, and when it opens, she has endured the Netherfield ball — her dances with Mr. Collins and Mr. Darcy, the embarrassment of her mother and sisters, her father’s indifference to it all — Collins’s proposal, and the Net ...more
J. W. Garrett
“Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn’t one today.” Movie quote from ‘Groundhog Day’

Rating: clean with a bit of suggestive language [hey, we’re dealing with Lydia]. Someone had to check her and it would take strong, blunt language that would cut through her stubborn attitude.

I loved this story. I’ve read a ‘Groundhog Day’ experience where it was Darcy waking to the same day. This time it was Elizabeth’s turn to experience her day over and over again. And what day did Fate choose for h
Elin Eriksen
I am not particularly fond of the groundhog day trope or so I thought...

As it turns out, the dreaded repetitiveness did not materialise. Although Elizabeth relived the day of the Netherfield ball many times, her creativeness in trying to get past the 26. November did not make it feel repetitive at all.
Loved the character development in her as she tried countless new schemes to make it to Wednesday. Especially how she slowly figured out Darcy, her epiphany of Wickham, her families antics and the
Lynn
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely, Humorous Variation

This was a fun look at what would happen if Lizzy repeated the day of the Netherfield ball over and over again. It was fun to see what Lizzy thought was important and how that changed over time. It was a very sweet story on the end and I truly enjoyed it. This will be one I read over and over again.
Jenny
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read, jaff
This book is such good fun... Elizabeth relives the 26th November over and over... everyday is the day of the Netherfield ball. There is fun and mischief to be had while she is trying to work out what she needs to do to bring about a happy ever after for Jane and Bingley.

It's hilarious to see Elizabeth doing what she wants, asking questions she would never normally be able to ask, taking chances definitely not in accordance with propriety knowing that it will all be erased again when she wakes
Aly Schne
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, austen, own
Pride and Prejudice and Groundhog Day

I couldn't help but read this book on the 26th of November. It seemed appropriate, and I was truly happy I did so no matter what the date. There's something about stories with people caught in time loops that amuse me to no end. Add in some of my favorite literary characters and it's a no brainier that I'd love this story. Who knows, I might even make it a tradition to read this book every 26th of November!

I also have to say that this Groundhog Day-esque Pri
Lona Manning
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This clever mash-up of Pride & Prejudice and Groundhog Day is a lot of fun but it's also immensely satisfying for fans of Pride & Prejudice because you follow Elizabeth as she says and does the things that YOU would like to do. The interactions with Mr. Bennet, Mrs. Bennet, Lydia, Mary, Mr. Collins, Miss Bingley and Wickham will have you pumping your fist and saying "yes! you go, girl!"

Although the ball repeats over and over again, Elizabeth Adams keeps things inventive, comical and mov
James S
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
P&P meets Groundhog Day, the movie

The review must start with the obvious, the story is like Groundhog Day, the movie. Just call me Captain Obvious 😛

I’m not terribly fond of the reliving a day over and over again plot, generally speaking. It’s a trope over used. On top of that it uses up a lot of different plots without getting a story with each one.

Luckily E. Adams is a very good writer and has written a pretty good story. There is a nice HEA but that’s a given really. So the story is about
Kasia Burlakoff
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it's humor, cleverness, light style, but a lot of insight into characters. Lizzy's journey to self discovery and her growing closeness to Darcy was so sweet. Her letter always made me swoon. Great story, I couldn't put it down.
Highly recommended.
Charlene
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this. Ground hog day done Pride and Prejudice style. Very diverting
Hazel Mills
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reliving the Netherfield Ball over and over again in Groundhog Day fashion was such fun. I was worried I would get bored with it but the book was fast paced and very entertaining. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Lizzy try so many things the break the spell. and in the meantime get to know Mr Darcy so much better. Will no doubt read again.
Donna
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ground Hog Day Version of Pride Nd Prejudice

I loved this Ground Hog Day version of Pride and Prejudice. It is well edited. Lizzy lives the Netherland Ball over and over again, and comes to a greater understanding of Darcy and herself. Both have conflicted emotions. No one but Lizzy recognizes the reliving the same day, though Darcy has dreams. How is she to stop the cycle of foolish family, Mr. Collinsand his unwanted attention, and how to deal with the Bingley courtship and herself. I loved thi
Susan
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Unfortunately for Elizabeth Bennet the Netherfield Ball keeps repeating itself but she is the only one to know.
The first 75% of the book, was well-written and I really enjoyed the story, but unfortunately the one event that I dislike occurring in JAFF books happened, and I stopped reading. I might in the future finish the book.

MC
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book! It was funny, but also heartfelt and romantic. This portrayal of our favourite characters was very good, they intelligent and 3 dimensional. I loved all of Elizabeth’s antics and sneaky behaviour in the early chapters.
Talia
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surprised at all the errors but very good anyway. Maybe the best of the groundhog stories. I only laughed once though so not so much a comedy.

Reread: Bumped it up to 5 stars. Love the way that E and D got closer as the day repeats!

Reread: Loved it.
Abi
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: jaff
Another Groundhog Day crossed with Pride and Prejudice, but this time it is Elizabeth's day that is repeating.

I have to admit that I found Elizabeth often unlikeable in this variation, especially in the way she lectures her sisters and parents and in her speech to Caroline Bingley about how Darcy isn't interested in her, which I thought was simply cruel and unnecessary. It made me dislike Lizzy.
She tells her mother she is vulgar and calls Lydia vain, idle, ignorant and a trollop. She tells her f
Dung
What a fun “groundhog’s day” premise. Elizabeth Adam is truly talented writer. There are similar stories and premise written in Darcy’s experience and I’m glad there’s one for Elizabeth.

It was such a treat to read of all the different antics that Elizabeth went through to try to contrive a way to break the cycle of her repeating day.

I loved when Darcy and Elizabeth spent time together getting to know each other and seeing Elizabeth’s understanding of her feelings for Darcy develop.

It was grea
Lisa Hatfield
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Learning to Set Aside Pride and Prejudices to Find Love

J. Dawn King gave this book a glowing, five star rating on Amazon...so I knew I had to read it! This is definitely a five star read!!! Once I started reading this book, I could not put it down. I loved the humor throughout the book! The catalyst for ending the Groundhog Day loop was brilliant!!! I chuckled as Lizzy valiantly tried to break the cycle of reliving the Netherfield ball. ODC's hearts were broken and they both despaired their sepa
Jacqueline Marshall
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Recurring Pride and Prejudice DAy

I loved this story. It is short, sweet, romantic and sometimes funny. Elizabeth Bennet keeps repeating the day of the Netherfied ball. She attends the party and then wakes up to attend it over and over again.. Initially she thinks the repetition is about Jane and Charles Bingley’s relationship. She soon realizes that relationship is not the answer. Her process of figuring out how not to end the repetitive cycle is both interesting and highly entertaining. We s
Joan
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Avid Reader

I really enjoyed reading this book, which reminded me of the movie Groundhog Day. Elizabeth could not stop repeating the same day until she realized and acknowledged her true feelings for Darcy. I liked how she handled her mother and father concerning her family and their future as well as how the rest of the world viewed them. Although we only meet Judge Darcy briefly, he was my favorite character. Some of the things that Elizabeth does to try to change events are truly hilarious! Fo
Dawn
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this P&P story! It was so charming and delightful that I never wanted to put it down! I think I had a smile on my face the majority of time I was reading this book. Several times I was laughing out loud as Elizabeth tried to escape her "groundhog day". If you're looking for a fun dose of P&P to leave you with a smile in your heart and on your face, you've got to read this! This book is so true to the lovable character of Elizabeth Bennet that Jane Austen created and I ...more
Fi Brit
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Groundhog Day meets P&P

Personally, I didn’t enjoy the movie Groundhog Day but this version was extremely satisfying. It was such fun to see Elizabeth give way to some of her impulses. The moment when she ruined Miss Bingley’s dress will live on in my mind.
Overall, this book was well thought out and well written. It lacks the passion and romance of the original but as a silly bit of fun, I highly recommend it.
T
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Groundhog Day, so this was a must!

The blurb suggests hilarity, which this book doesn’t actually provide - but that is to its credit, as it’s actually much more thoughtful.

The writing misses a little something in terms of sentiment; it’s hard to explain, but simply that it’s doesn’t draw one in or isn’t as warm as it could be given the subject. However, the storyline is good, the growth Elizabeth shows and her character in general is well down, I liked it a lot.
Kim
This book was so much fun to read! Elizabeth is stuck repeating the day of the Netherfield ball and no matter what she tries she can’t make time move forward again as it should. I laughed out loud many times and may have gotten misty-eyed as well. Perfectly paced and well written. Clean and swoon-worthy. JAFF fans, don’t miss this one.
Michele Packard-milam
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Truly Enjoyable Variation

This was a fun take on P&P with its Groundhog Day plot. I loved getting to see Elizabeth go from one extreme to another, especially in her dealings with Miss Bingley. I read it in a half day!

• Darcy By Any Other Name
  • Rumours & Recklessness: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • A Quest for Mr Darcy
  • A Peculiar Connection: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • The Darcy Monologues
  • Mistress: A Pride and Prejudice Variation, with Parts Not Suitable for Those Who Have Not Reached Their Majority
  • Bluebells in the Mourning
  • Mr. Darcy's Rival
  • Passages: A Pemberley Tale
  • Folly and Forgiveness: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • A Pemberley Medley
  • A Will of Iron: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Hypothetically Married: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Pride and Proposals: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
Elizabeth Adams is a book-loving, tango-dancing, Austen enthusiast. She loves old houses and thinks birthdays should be celebrated with trips—as should most occasions. She can often be found by a sunny window with a cup of hot tea and a book in her hand.

She writes romantic comedy and comedic tragedy in both historic and modern settings.

She is the author of historical fiction books The Houseguest