Start by marking “Skin Game (Teddy Fay, #3)” as Want to Read:
Skin Game (Teddy Fay, #3)

Skin Game

(Teddy Fay #3)

Teddy Fay returns to his roots in espionage, in the latest thriller from #1 New York Times-bestselling author Stuart Woods.

When Teddy Fay receives a freelance assignment from a gentleman he can't refuse, he jets off to Paris on the hunt for a treasonous criminal. But as Teddy unearths more information that just doesn't seem to connect, his straightforward mission becomes
Published June 4th 2019 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about Skin Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skin Game

Start your review of Skin Game (Teddy Fay, #3)
Tim
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick, well paced story that demonstrates Stuart Woods ability to generate a good story when motivated. 8 of 10 stars
Skip
Teddy Fay gets a call from CIA Director Lance Cabot to request his help to ferret out a mole in the Paris office, who is working with the Syrians. Teddy gets a leave from Centurion Studio and appears at the CIA office as a deep cover officer, denying he is there to review personnel. Ordering Lance around through an FBI cutout, while unrealistic, was hilarious as Teddy guessed how Lance would react to every request. Unfortunately, Teddy has become as formulaic and uni-dimensional as Stone ...more
Kay
Teddy was contacted by Lance Cabot, CIA director to find a mole at their Paris office. Stone and Dino tagged along which made it entertaining. Another okay Teddy Fay. The first book is still my favorite among the three.
Laura Rash
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this spin off series of Teddy Fay. It’s a refreshing change from always reading Stone Barrington. This was action packed and sometimes humorous. I’m a huge fan of all of SW books.
Donald Peschken
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book a lot. Teddy Fay is a good character who once worked for the CIA and has been living and working in Hollywood. He gets a call from Lance Cabot, head of the CIA and is sent to Paris to uncover a mole in the Paris branch of the CIA.
Lots of action and intrigue in this tale. I'm enjoying Fay more than Stone Barrington lately. Barrington is getting to be the same old, same old. Teddy Fay is a refreshing change.
Lisa Malmquist
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Teddy Fay is the main character in this book. For anyone not familiar with this character, he is more of a spy-not the same type as Stone Barrington in the other books.
Teddy has a little more leeway on how he deals with criminals and the problems they create.
This is more of a hang onto your hat, and buckle your seat belt, kind of guy!
Teddy is sent to ferret out a traitor in Paris. But while there, discovers something much more sinister going on under the surface.
In his usual deadly and competent
Montessahall Montessahall
UGH!!! The author has managed to ruin the only interesting character left in this series. Teddy Fay is just as boring and one dimensional as Stone Barrington. This novel is the usual product placement informercial for aviation, hotels and restaurants. BTW, what kind of NYC police commissioner (Dino) can just take off, fly with his buddies to another country and hang out in fine hotels and restaurants? Did crime take a holiday in NYC during his romps around the world? Pretty absurd.
Al Stoess
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Woods fans. Teddy Fay fans.
John Neglia
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have read most every Stuart Woods novel. This was terrible. Hard to make Teddy Fey boring, but it was.
Steve
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sept 27, 2019 Co authored with Parnell Hall. Ditto from July 2019 and, for the most part, a forgettable story 2 months later.

July 9 2019. Teddy Fay #3. Farfetched story but a true page turner since there are so few words per page. More of a novella. Woods has resurrected Teddy in all his glory and righteousness.
Loy
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Teddy Fay - this one big romp of spies, crazy scenes and good ol' Teddy Fay- a former CIA spy.
He has a new identity as Billy Barnett a movie producer. He is dragged into a mission to find a mole in the Paris office.
This is typical Stuart Woods. We have a cameo by Stone and Dino. I like that Dino helped Teddy on in his own. He is usually Stone’s sidekick
I really enjoyed it. It is not great literature but a good lighthearted read
Mark
Early Stuart Woods' works were very good mystery/thrillers...The later stuff has become nothing more than "guilty pleasures" for me...cool characters, living the lives of the "rich and famous"...but still, pleasurable, thus 4-stars...In this very quick read, almost a novella, Teddy is pulled back into CIA service to find a “mole" in the American Embassy in France...While doing so, confront efforts by terrorists, to obtain a bioweapon...Like I said...GUILTY PLEASURE!!!
Tonya Lucas
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! What a book. Stuart Woods never disappoints and Skin Game is for sure one of his best.
Teddy Fay is undercover, sent to Paris, France to infiltrate a mole in The CIA.
Teddy, with his many disguises, fools even the toughest opponents.
With help from Stone and Dino, it’s definitely nail-biting drama with bits of comedy infused.
What happens next is shocking and a cliffhanger until the end.
I highly recommend this amazing book by such a fantastic author.
Dad
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Teddy is better at making movies as a stuntman and prop maker than he is as a CIA deep cover. Parts of this book were humorous particularly having Stone and Dino as his playmates but otherwise this story was lacking depth. The plot was so unbelievable (a mole in the CIA made Lance call out a long lost assassin) it became tedious to slog through. Normally Woods books are witty and clever and leave me imagining how life with the upper class would be like. This one, well other than Paris and a few ...more
Jeanne
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick listen on audiobook -- Stuart Woods does not disappoint with this Teddy Fay story! What starts down one road branches off into a sub-plot and both merge to make for an enjoyable "read"! Leave it to Teddy Fay to wrap everything up in a nice package (with a rare black rhino thrown in to boot)! 7 out of 10.
Rick
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Teddy Faye, even with all his aliases. This book was very good with Dino as the only pal involved. A good [if unlikely] premise and a cool ulterior motive and solution. Perhaps more of Teddy and less Stone in the future.
Jim Vogt
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2019
Fast, easy read. I enjoyed it.
Vicki
Quick-on-the trigger Teddy Fay buys a black rhino and rescues two dogs in Paris. Zippy spy thriller.
Mel Raschke
Teddy Fay is a great new character by Stuart Woods. I think I like him better than Stone Barrington.
Lydia Kass
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Teddy Fay is asked by Lance Cabot to help find a mole in the Paris CIA office. Fay recruits Stone and Dino as his helpers as they have residences, planes and know people in high places. While in Paris, he learns of a clandestine operation to acquire rare animals for killing and in true Teddy Fay style, is able to foil the bad guys. Any book with the Teddy Fay character is worth reading.
Deborah
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m a big of Stuart Woods I was happy to see that he collaborated with Parnell Hall for a Teddy Fay book Skin Game. This was a refreshing change from the traditional Stone Barrington books. Teddy takes on many characters in this novel some of them new and quirky and some we have met before. This is a fast paced fun and easy read.
Donna
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Teddy Fay gets a call from the head of the CIA about going undercover in Paris to catch a spy within the organization there. Teddy is ex-CIA who has maintained all his skills. He is also a master of disguise and will use that skill a lot in this story.

As usual with a Teddy Fay book, there's lots of action and readers of this series will be entertained. Stone Barrington and Dino Bacchetti make short appearances. I liked the first 2 books better than this one. Something about the plot
Nancy
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
3.8 I had about given up on Stuart Woods, his books weren’t that engaging to me anymore. I’m glad I read Skin Game. It was one of his best! This espionage thriller was exciting , with a little humorous undertone. Teddy Fay and aliases are great characters.
Alan
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Fay’s the name, Teddy Fay ... Oddly, the writing reminded me of the Hardy Boys novels I so loved as a child, not to criticize the great Franklin W. Dickson.
Kevin Snyder
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's fun hanging out with Teddy Fay. We need to see him more often.
Will
SUBJECT READER REVIEW WITH PLOT SPOILERS FOLLOWS:

Teddy Fay's always a nice little break, although Woods infests him with the same ageless nuances of Stone Barrington. I mean, the guy'd have to be in his 60s, and he's picking up hardbody hotties in Paris over dinner? I guess it's a nice fantasy, like all of Woods' books. But, in my humble estimation, Woods doesn't give Teddy the same shrake as Stone. For instance, all sentences are short and the transition between scenes is nonexistent. But I
Anne, Unfinished Woman
Ed
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
#3 in the Teddy Fay series. This 2019 series entry by authors Stuart Woods and Parnell Hall is a fine example of the series and a quick, fun read. Stone Barrington and Dino Bacchetti, of author Woods other series, tag along as supporting characters. The book was also the source of one of the funniest typos I have seen in quite a while. In describing a conference supposed to be dedicated to the conservation of endangered animals: "The plight of endangered species was a serious business that drew ...more
Joan
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When it becomes obvious that there’s a mole hiding within his organization, Lance Cabot recruits Teddy Fay to root out the double agent and Teddy immediately takes off for Paris. But what was, at first, a relatively straightforward mission takes a few unexpected turns and becomes something that could create worldwide disaster. Can Teddy work through the secrets to find those responsible and keep their evil plan from becoming reality? And how does the mole he means to unmask figure into the ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Unsolved (Invisible, #2)
  • The Inn
  • One Good Deed
  • Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)
  • Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23)
  • Robert B. Parker's The Bitterest Pill (Jesse Stone, #18)
  • Bloody Genius (Virgil Flowers, #12)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Sins of the Fathers (J.P. Beaumont #24)
  • Neon Prey (Lucas Davenport, #29)
  • The Oracle (Fargo Adventure, #11)
  • Backlash (Scott Harvath, #19)
  • Smokescreen (Eve Duncan, #25)
  • The 18th Abduction (Women's Murder Club, #18)
  • The Warning
  • Out of Sight (Amy Cornwall, #1)
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
  • The Bitterroots (Cassie Dewell, #4)
Stuart Woods is the author the New York Times-bestselling Stone Barrington series and Holly Barker series. He is an avid private pilot, flying his own jet on book tours. You may see his tour schedule and learn more about the author on his website.

Teddy Fay (4 books)
  • Smooth Operator (Teddy Fay, #1)
  • The Money Shot (Teddy Fay #2)
  • Bombshell (A Teddy Fay Novel Book 4)