Start by marking “For a Glance (The Serpent's Throne Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
For a Glance (The Serpent's Throne Trilogy, #1)

For a Glance (The Serpent's Throne Trilogy, #1)

This new m/m saga by Dan Ackerman expresses Ackerman's familiar languid sensitivity, sensuality, and charm, featuring Lucifer, who first appeared in What Everyone Deserves (2017 Rainbow Award honorable mention), now in his own novel.

As the king of Hell, Lucifer's role is mainly bureaucratic--sorting souls, managing unruly demons, and dealing with the politics o
Published October 1st 2018 by Supposed Crimes, LLC

To ask other readers questions about For a Glance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For a Glance

Start your review of For a Glance (The Serpent's Throne Trilogy, #1)
Jo Frankel
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I've never thought of hell as a city, with job-specific districts and city planners and a ruler who finds managing it a distraction from what he'd rather be doing. After reading For a Glance i'm not sure I'll ever see it any other way.

The Devil, Satan, Prince of Darkness, comes off as a sometimes beleaguered employer who has to deal with the same obstacles as managers here on earth - workers who go on strike and riot (possibly with more death and destruction than are usually found he
VVivacious
A ScatteredThoughtsandRogueWords Review. This review can also be found here.

I am conflicted, terribly conflicted. I picked this book for all the wrong reasons and therefore I ended up putting off actually reading it till the very last moment. One of the reasons that I was put off by this book was Lucifer himself. There was a time when the Devil was elusive but now he is all over my TV, it just doesn’t hold the same appeal but I knew I had to read it and I did and I was kind of swept up, up and away.

I don’t kn
Love Bytes Reviews
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,5 heart review by PizzyGirl

This book stumped me. I really enjoyed it, but at the same time, I was kinda bored and I can’t quite say why. I mean on the surface, there was everything I needed to really love this tale, but I just didn’t feel that compelling NEED to keep reading.

I really loved this take on Satan and the fallen and Hell. It was unique and yet not.. The author painted a picture of a hell that sought to mirror human society earth in many ways while also being oddly evil in an acceptable way. The design of
Lori
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novel took me by surprise because of the completely unexpected characters and the setting/world-building/landscape. I found Lucifer (yes, the Devil, Satan, the Prince of Darkness) to be irreverent, witty and all around enjoyable. I know, right??? The Devil was one of the funniest characters I’ve read in ages! I kept picturing him as Russell Brand. Most surprisingly, the author wrote him as a very sensitive and caring character in search of love, missing his family, missing God, and wanting ...more
John Perrier
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for anyone who appreciates world building and character-driven stories. This book really takes classic and often rehashed ideas and recreates them in a way that is much more original than the usual "Satan will cause the apocalypse" trope. Even though still a sympathetic character the way Lucifer is handled and the mythology and structure of Hell is incredibly interesting and original.
Michael
Sep 25, 2019
C.E. Case
Dan
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
John
Maggie
added it
Apr 07, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Book edit 3 215 Aug 02, 2018 10:26AM
Dan Ackerman is a writer and educator who has lived in Connecticut for their entire life. They received their BSED from CCSU in 2013 and wrote their Master's thesis on representations of women in same-sex relationships in contemporary Spanish literature and cinema.
Currently, Dan is studying for a second MA in ABA and works in a center school for students with variety of intellectual, develop