Start by marking “Sweet Promise (Promise - The Grahams #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Promise (Promise - The Grahams #1)

Sweet Promise

(The One #1)

Every time someone tells me how much they love my baking show, it shocks me. It's as if I can't quite remember that all the hours of work I put in filming segments and writing cookbooks is actually meant to be seen by the public.

The first season of my show was a hit, and I love what I do, so when my agent called to tell me about a new show the network wanted me to auditio
Published July 5th 2018 by Septem Stellae Publishing (first published July 18th 7)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Promise

Start your review of Sweet Promise (Promise - The Grahams #1)
Boundless Book Reviews
Georgia is a rising star, and Lucas is a falling one. When their TV station decides to put them on a traveling TV show together, Georgia has unselfish reasons to join, and Lucas is hoping to save his career. Through months of steamy TV time and accidents, these two may find that they are a match made in heaven.

This was a good read. It was written well and had a lot of heat and passion. Georgia is an awesome character, and I instantly loved her. Lucas, while also a great character, was one I had
A Book Obsessed Brit
Sweet Promise is my first book by Jennifer Woodhull and I do look forward to reading the remaining 2 books in the Graham Family Series.

Sweet Promise is the love story between a young all American, southern belle Georgia and Lucas a man 8 years older and a successful British chef.

Georgia is a true family girl, who loves to bake and is just finishing up her début season of her baking TV show, when an offer to co-host a new food and travel show lands in her lap. When Georgia finds out her Co-host i
Claire Raye
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love cooking shows with a side of angsty romance, this book has got it. Totally unique setting and idea. A few laughs, some good one-liners, a bit of steam, a dreamy guy and a cute southern girl made this worth reading.
Ashley Hall
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lucas and Georgia

This is a sweet story about a man who's life crashed when his wife was splashed all over tabloids with her lover. With his popularity going down due to his destructive behaviors Lucas has taken on a roll on a new show as the co-star of America's sweetest baker, Georgia. Georgia's family farm has been in her family for many generations, but with the soil no longer being productive it's at risk of being foreclosed. With Georgia's show ending she's going to need new income to help
Patti
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-ebooks
What a beautiful romance! I really enjoyed the story and the characters. There was potential for the story to take some drastic and devastating turns but, Jennifer Woodhull kept the drama from overwhelming the budding romance between Georgia and Lucas which, I truly appreciated. It is nice to read a simple love story of boy meets girl and after spending time together they fall in love and have a happily ever after.
Reading Cafe
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Promise is a great romance book. I really loved reading about Lucas and Georgia, there chemistry is BEYOND HOT! The story developed in ways that I didn't see coming and those are the best kind of stories. These two characters were made for each other and if you don't believe me. GO BUY THE BOOK!!! Or even better... GO BUY THE WHOLE SERIES❤️ ...more
Desiree
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fan favorite

If anyone is considering reading this book do it! These two together was a blast reading... I enjoyed the twist and turns of the book nash had a rocky past but together they made it work.
Coco.V
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very good book.
Crystal
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute start to a new series

Jennifer Woodhull is a new to me author. I enjoyed Sweet Promise’s story line and plot. I just felt there were some plot holes and the formatting drove me a little nuts. It would go from one scene to a week later in the same paragraph. I would have loved to see a little more detail in the development of their relationship throughout filming.

The author did do a good job describing the English countryside. I personally have never been to England, but I felt I was right t
Diane Holtry
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-or-blog
3.5 ⭐'s
The storyline peaked my curiosity from the beginning.
She was definitely sweet and he brought the heat!
Tennessee country girl meets sexy Brit.
A touch of opposite world's, a dash of reality TV, and a dollop of steamy sexy times makes for a tasty read.
I was hoping for more foodie interactions however I did enjoy the story even without it.
The formatting issues with this book were very distracting and could easily take away from the story but if you're able to get past that it's a new-to-me ot
Louise Hall
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book, I really did because I love romances with chefs but I just couldn’t click with this one. There were a lot of typos which I found jarring and I have to admit that all the “amazin” and “y’all” got on my nerves by halfway through. I get that Georgia, the lead female character is Southern but it just didn’t work for me, neither did all the “darlings” from Lucas. It’s a shame because I liked the premise and the lead characters to start with.
Linda Pongracic
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet story of a couple who at first did not get along but eventually gave in to their feelings to a HEA. At times it was predictable, but overall, I enjoyed it.
Jeraca
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book, but it was just okay for me. I wasn't able to finish it because I just didn't really have the connection with the characters that I needed to keep me invested in this story. There's nothing wrong with this book, though, I just didn't like the way the characters talked or even how they were acting. Lucas is supposed to be a playboy, but he's taking every little thing that happen to him into his present life, which is really messing with his head and making him a ...more
SyLvIa
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-read, 3-assorted
[1.75 star] hmm~ the book is not bad actually, just some issues with the way the characters are being portrayed. the hero is being very pushy towards the heroine right from the start, and the heroine seems very naive and starstruck because she is being paired with the hero who is her idol in a show.
Rose
Sian Morse
Nov 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hideaway
  • Racing Hearts (Bennett Boys Ranch, #3)
  • Focused (Ward Sisters, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Someone Like You (Becoming Us, #1)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • The Loner's Lady
  • Muse
  • On the Edge (Dublin Nights, #1)
  • The Real Deal (Dublin Nights, #3)
  • Enzo
  • Sleeper
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • No Good Doctor (Heroes of Heart's Edge, #2)
  • On the Line (Dublin Nights, #2)
  • Wearing Him Down
  • Falling for the Bad Boy (Bedtime Reads, #1)
  • Play (Play, #1)
Jennifer Woodhull writes romance with heat, heart, and satisfying happily ever afters. Her titles include the popular friends-with-benefits romance, The Dating Alternative, second-chance romance The Last Virgin in Texas, and her entry into the Cocky Hero Club World, British Banger.

Jennifer currently lives in Tennessee with her real-life book boyfriend and their yellow lab, who can be more persuasi

The One (3 books)
  • The One That Got Away (The One #2)
  • The One with the Player (The One #3)