Start by marking “Twisted” as Want to Read:
Twisted

Twisted

BEFORE YOU READ THIS BOOK
I WANT YOU TO KNOW THREE THINGS:

1. The police are looking to charge me with murder.
2. No one knows who I am. Or how I did it.
3. If you think you've found me. I'm coming for you next.

After you've read this book, you'll know: the truth is far more twisted...
Published January 29th 2019 by Orion (first published January 24th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Twisted, please sign up.
Anon I saw the book and I got interested from the lack of clarity in the description in the back, so I bought it. don't regret it a bit.
…more
(less)
Natalie Farr There is violence but I wouldn’t describe it as graphic and there is no child abuse mentioned at all.

Start your review of Twisted
Maureen
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
**4.5 stars **

Twisted’ is a novel that certainly lives up to its name!

I think it’s best if I don’t go into detail with this one - the less you know the more you’ll enjoy it. Suffice to say though that this psychological thriller had me turning the pages rapidly to see what happened next. The writing here is absolutely first rate and takes us into the dark world of an obsessive, where any rationale is entirely his, not ours; where the central figure’s view of his actions leave room for little e
Paromjit
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The award winning crime thriller writer, Steve Cavanagh, manages to both gently satirise the genre of psychological thrillers, demand for which has exploded sky high amongst readers and publishers alike in recent years, whilst at the same time paying homage to it by going on to incorporate as many twists as he possibly can. This is a standalone novel with the tongue in cheek and rather apt title 'Twisted', although Cavanagh just cannot resist slipping in a reference to Eddie Flynn, the hot shot ...more
jessica
SC is the king of courtroom dramas - his eddie flynn series is some of the best crime novels i have ever read. so i was super excited to see what kind of standalone he could create.

unfortunately, the topic of this story nearly bored me to death. i really dont want to give anything away, because the synopsis is the vaguest thing ever, but the story revolves around a subject that i personally find so incredibly dull. its a motive thats quite cliché and a little anticlimactic.

regardless, the writ
Sue
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

What a cleverly written book this was. This is definitely written for readers. And most definitely for those that love deeper twists in books that they think they’ve worked out.......but I beg to differ.
This was a puzzled within a puzzle.

Just who is this writer, no face, no identity?

Really made me sit up and take notice!

I do own one of his other books. Not read.....yet. But this sure is an eye opener to talent.
Jilly
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers, mystery
There's a lot of bad people in this book - liars, cheaters, blackmailers, and murderers. But, the worst atrocity:

At a diner:
Maria asked for cream and sugar, and it came a lot later than it should have. No tip for Sandy, thought Maria.

That's right. She's one of those people who look for any excuse not to tip. A monster.
Not only that, but this is her car in the parking lot:

Some people just deserve to be hit in the head with a hammer to knock some sense in them. No, that's not an overreaction,
Dash fan
5☆ A Fast Paced, Suspenseful, Must Read!

Now the blurb for Twisted really doesn't give anything away and it's what intrigued me the most.

Then I got to chapter 1 and I was hooked!
This book is exactly what the title says.... TWISTED!

Nothing is as it seems, it's perfectly twisty and thrilling and will keep you on your toes.
It's a fast paced, roller coaster will keep you turning the pages.
It's full of gritty secrets, lies, deceit, hidden identity, red herrings, and just when you think you found the
Gary
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recently started reading Steve Cavanagh novels after reading his recent book 'Thirteen'. The Publishers do need a massive pat on the back for their excellent splurge about his books. That was what got me reading this unknown author when I first read one of his novels and they have done it again with this one. If the following introduction doesn't make you want to read more I don't know what will:
BEFORE YOU READ THIS BOOK

1. The police are looking to charge me with
Victoria
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know that crooked, one-way block in San Francisco with all of the sharp turns, Lombard Street? That’s a straight shot to the bottom compared to this twister of a book.

Every time you head down one avenue, crafty Mr. Cavanaugh says not so fast and sends you down another. No one and nothing is as it seems, it’s best to just fasten your seat belt and go along for the ride.

This is a book within a book, a puzzle within a maze and a pretzel inside a funnel cake. And a wink wink, nod nod to the thr
Mark
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was ok

‘Twisted’ is a stand alone, very original in plot and idea and with a completely different ‘concept’ to anything I have read begore
J.T.Le Beau ( living as Paul ) is one of the worlds most successful authors, he is also a recluse, putting it mildly, anyone who finds out who he is dies, its as simple as that
well almost everyone
Maria, his wife, has no idea who she is married to and that he is an author!!??!! she is also having an affair and plans to leave Paul, then she discovers who Paul really is
Matt
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Wanting a little more of a Steve Cavanagh fix, I turned to this standalone novel that proves to be just as exciting as his Eddie Flynn series. Built on an interesting premise, the story takes the reader through a number of exciting twists, while watching the characters piece together what has been revealed through a tantalising narrative. During one of their afternoon trysts, Maria Cooper and her current beau discover a secret. Maria’s husband, Paul, is sitting on a massive fortune in an off-sho ...more
Helga
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, crime
There are twists you never see coming!

Who is J.T. LeBeau?
No one has ever met the elusive and successful writer but almost everyone has read his gruesome and twisted novels.
No one has ever seen a photo of him. He has done no interviews or book-signings.
He is a mystery.
He is an enigma and intends to stay anonymous at any price.
NAT.orious reads ☾
Oct 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: standalones
2.5 un-twisty STARS ★★✬✩✩
This book is for you if… you're easily scared and freaked out by the idea of trusting anyone. Or are naive enough to think you could actually ever truly know someone. Read this. It’ll maybe make it worse. I suggest looking elsewhere for a more intense thriller, though.

Overall.
If all of a sudden, we started judging authors based on whichever work of theirs we read first, Steve would not be happy about his ratings. I've seldomly met a book that should not be judg
Liz Barnsley
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A brilliantly twisted and oft unexpected standalone thriller from Steve Cavanagh, probably the most fun you'll have with a book this year.

Bit of a rollercoaster with some insane characters and a terrific finale. Clever and hugely addictive.

Full review to follow for the tour.
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This is without a doubt where the title of the novel absolutely lives up to it’s name!

What to say about this book. I really don’t know where to start and even then it is actually very hard to say much about it at all without giving anything away. This one will probably be one of my most evasive reviews so far and for that I won’t actually apologise, as believe me when you read this book for yourself you will be glad I didn’t really tell you anything.

Now what I will tell you is that this novel is
Karen
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Twisted is one of those thrillers that the less you know of the story beforehand, the more thrilling the ride. It’s difficult to go into detail about the plot without giving away spoilers, so this review will be a brief one. I should mention that this is a standalone and although lawyer Eddie Flynn does get a mention, it is not part of that series.

J T LeBeau, the author of Twisted, is a multi-million dollar best-selling author, hiding behind a veil of secrecy. Their publisher doesn’t even know h
Oliver Clarke
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Read this and more crime and thriller reviews on CriminOlly.wordpress.com

Who doesn’t love a great twist? ‘Twisted’ is a book that sells itself on the fact that it has great ones. It’s right there in the title and it’s pretty clear that author Steve Cavanagh has spent a lot of time coming up with devious ways to trick and surprise his readers.

The set up is interesting. JT LeBeau is the world’s bestselling crime writer. His work is beloved by millions of fans but nobody knows his real identity. W
Mike
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER WINNER from Cavanagh! This is definitely a “page-turner” - all the way until the last page! I just love how this author comes up with unique and interesting storylines - this one being no exception! I always think I’m going to be able to figure-out the ending, and outsmart him, but once again, he gets me - like always! Fast-paced “twists and turns” (like the title)! As with all Steve Cavanagh books, I highly, highly recommend this one as well!
Honestmamreader
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Easily a 5✴ book. Amazing. Steve Cavanagh has got the gift to keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat throughout the whole book and also totally baffle you 😲

Usually when I give a review I give a general summary of the story.
However, I think the less said about this story the better.
Your better off going into this book with no clue.

It was a hell of a journey, when I thought I had got to grips with the story I was then smacked across the face with a claw hammer and made to question everyt
books1001
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Review 📚
Twisted by Steve Cavanagh...
Release Date - 4 April 2019 🇬🇧
Wow where do I begin, every now and then I love a good Thriller and after looking through @net I came across Twisted, I recognised the authors name after seeing a lot of people posting about Thirteen on Bookstagram, which I am yet to read!
So I started this book two days ago and finished it last night! And what a book it is! We follow the story of a mysterious writer called J.T Lebeau, he is renowned world wide but no one kn
Shalini
This was my first Steve Cavanagh book and after hearing about this author all over the social media, I was excited to read this book.

With much ado, over the weekend I opened my kindle to read, the prologue was soo intriguing!! The storyline was twisted and went thus, J. T. LeBeau was this famous bestseller but elusive author whom no one had seen ever. Paul lived with his wife Maria, and she found a bank statement for twenty million dollars credited to her husband from LeBeau Enterprises. And th
Tammy
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m not going to twist your arm but if you enjoy surprises, suspicions and satisfying suspense give this a go!
Karen
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book. Twisted lives up to its name. Didn’t see it coming and I loved the twists throughout the book, kept me glued all the way through. Now researching other books by Steve cavanagh, definite fan.
gem
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whoa!
Twisted by name, twisted by nature. This was one hell of a rollercoaster ride! Just when you thought it was going one way, BOOM, there was *another* revelation that had me questioning whether what I’d just read was true or not...

I’ve not read any of SC’s books before, but if the pacing and excitement in this book is the same in his other titles I seriously need to stock up on the backlist.

This plot was so enticing and full of drama and I genuinely couldn’t stop reading (oh hello 2am, no I’m
Karen’s Library
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
4 1/2 stars. After reading Thirteen and then having met the author and heard him talk about his newest novel called Twisted (which is not yet available in the US), I HAD to find a copy. So I ordered one from the UK and yup, it was every bit of what Cavanagh said it would be. And yes, massively twisted!!

The synopsis gives us this description:
“BEFORE YOU READ THIS BOOK
I WANT YOU TO KNOW THREE THINGS:

1. The police are looking to charge me with murder.
2. No one knows who I am. Or how I did it.
3. If
Joanne Robertson
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Okay I will start by admitting that it’s not me. I am NOT J.T. LeBeau! Or am I?! Yes, Twisted is one of those books that will knock your socks off and then make your toes curl with pure enjoyment of it’s fast paced, brilliantly crafted plot.

Everyone knows I LOVE a twisty book but am often disappointed because I’ve managed to work the twist out from page one. Not that I let that spoil my enjoyment of thrillers as it’s never all about the twist for me. But when the first twist hit me in Twisted, I
Sid Nuncius
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I was rather underwhelmed by Twisted. I had heard that Thirteen was very good, so I thought I’d try this one, but it seemed pretty run-of-the-mill stuff to me. The plot is based around a reclusive, mysterious author, JT LeBeau, whose books make millions but whose life seems to be involved with a number of murders. To say more would be a significant spoiler.

The thing is, the book is constructed entirely so that there can be “Twists”. (And just in case we don’t admire them sufficiently we’re even
peggy
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meggy Chocolate'n'Waffles
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BEFORE YOU READ THIS REVIEW

I WANT YOU TO KNOW THREE THINGS:

Steve Cavanagh’s mind is criminally brilliant.
Never has a title been so spot-on.
If you haven’t added this book to your list, I’m coming for you.

Where do I start?

Steve Cavanagh’s name is everywhere. I was lucky to see him during Bloody Scotland but my copy of Thirteen is still waiting for my eyes to dissect it. Still, I had a feeling the guy would push all my favourite thriller buttons.

He did more that this!

Insanely good, Twist

Mindy Brouse
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Steve Cavanagh. This was freaking good. 4.5 stars. I wanted to know what would happen. And I thought I had it figured out, but if you know Steve Cavanagh, you know you don’t have it all figured out.
This isn’t an Eddie Flynn. Just FYI. #eddieflynnforever
The Tattooed Book Geek (Drew).
As always this review can also be found on my blog The Tattooed Book Geek: https://thetattooedbookgeek.wordpress...

Steve Cavanagh first came to my attention as an author when I read and loved Thirteen by him way back in July last year. Twisted is his latest release and unlike Thirteen which is book number four in his Eddie Flynn series (it can be read as a standalone) Twisted is a standalone and a book that I was eager to get my hands on. After finishing I can safely say that it didn’t disappoin

• Black Summer (Washington Poe, #2)
  • All Fall Down (Helen Grace, #9)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Eddie Flynn, #1)
  • Θα γίνω σκιά σου: Βασισμένο σε αληθινή ιστορία
  • Sleep
  • The Darkest Place (Inspector Tom Reynolds, #4)
  • Little Siberia
  • The Secret of Cold Hill (House on Cold Hill, #2)
  • The Curator (Washington Poe, #3)
  • The Gomorrah Gambit
  • The Puppet Show (Washington Poe, #1)
  • The Last Stage
  • The Black Fire (Eddie Flynn Book 5)
  • Where The Dead Fall (DI Ridpath #2)
  • The Catch
  • Changeling (Six Stories, #3)
  • The Art of Dying (Raven, Fisher, and Simpson, #2)
Steve Cavanagh was born and raised in Belfast before leaving for Dublin at the age of eighteen to study Law. He currently practices civil rights law and has been involved in several high profile cases. Selected for the Amazon Rising Stars programme 2015. ACES award winner 2015 from the Arts Council of Northern Ireland. The Defence is his debut novel.

Follow on twitter @SSCav