Start by marking “Thresholds of the Mind” as Want to Read:
Thresholds of the Mind

Thresholds of the Mind

In 1989, Bill Harris started Centerpointe Research Institute on his kitchen table with equipment borrowed from friends. By 2002, over 100,000 people in 172 countries had benefited from Centrepointe's remarkable Holosync audio technology and in-depth support services, creating deep and lasting changes in their mental, emotional and spiritual health. In the process Centerpoi ...more
Published October 10th 2002 by Centerpointe Press

To ask other readers questions about Thresholds of the Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thresholds of the Mind

Iona  Stewart
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have previously reviewed Bill Harriss book “The new science of super awareness”; the present book is an earlier one also informing us of the benefits of the authors audio technology system, Holosync.

I got this book free from the author in connection with my purchasing the first programme in the “Holosync Solution”, though I was not asked to provide a review. (I think Bill has so much success he doesnt need any more advertisement for his system.)

The book is wonderfully and clearly written and p
Kathleen
Jan 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
I got this book "free" for buying Holosync. Bill Harris of Centerpointe wrote this to explain Holosync, but more, to articulate the advantage of meditating. He takes meditation out of the realm of religious spirituality and looks it at it as an effective self-knowledge technique. It is a great "distillation" of Eastern thought brought into a Western desire for technology that works. I recommend this.
Alethea Robertson
This is the best practical guide to awareness that I've read. The first three chapters explains the science behind Holosync and the mind, which didn't do much for me, but may for others. The real usefulness begins in chapter four, where we're given the stages of consciousness and real, practical tools and their application for letting go of resistance, allowing things to be, becoming aware, and other things along the path of consciousness. This is a great companion to the first level of Holosync ...more
Hope
Oct 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is an amazing, thought-provoking, transformational book about how our brains work and how one can enhance brain function and thereby, spiritual growth and personal health and well-being. However, I don't think that it would be as valuable for someone who was not also using the Holosync audio techonology, which is Harris' binaural beat entrainment system. The book is pretty much predicated on the use of this system and is a great introduction and/or companion volume. Since I am using the sys ...more
GONZA
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Strange theory which claims that by listening to a CD with specific sounds for specific brain waves, it is easy to meditate and improve oneself.

Strana teoria che afferma come attraverso l'ascolto di un Cd con specifici suoni per specifiche onde celebrali, sia facilissimo meditare e migliorare se stessi.

Bell
May 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: neuroscience
4.5
An awesome, thought-provoking original work. I've never read anything remotely similar. Harris is onto something here and proves it with science.

4.5 stars because I'd like to challenge the content and become more educated on it, but sounds on-point so far.

MK
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
I read this when I started using Holosync and at the time it was an eye-opener. I've moved on to other things but still highly recommend this book if the worlds of energy work, conscious creation, and meditation are new to you.
Rachel
Jan 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, non-fictrion
I found this hard to read because there was so much to think about.
I found i keep going back to it to find out more.
I found this very interesting and enlightening.
I found this abit scary - playing around in your brain.

I think i will try the holosync.
Jane
What I liked about this book was its description of how the mind waves work and how we can tap into them and create new neural pathways, regardless of our chronological age, increase our memory, and ability to use both hemispheres of our brains. Excellent information.
Rosemary Burns
Jul 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Lots, such as,Meditation alters the filter through which the outside world is percieved.It is to do with personal growth through technology. Is to do with Holosync. Awesome, loved it, one of the best things that I ever bought.
Stacy Curro
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Important concepts for understanding yourself and your limiting behaviors.
Steve Woods
Aug 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was an important book for me throughthe information it provided. Some very important guidelines for anyone involved in spiritual growth or great change Nothing is set in stone!
Ryan Walsh
Sep 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really value the time I spend meditating with Holosync. This book is a fascinating exploration of the use of binaural beats to induce meditative states.
David
Jul 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Helpful; enlightening. Not a lot of new information, but presented in such a way as to be catalytic at this point in my life.
Gabriella
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Disliked this to the point I skipped around after a chapter and then put it back on this site to trade.
Carol
Aug 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: documentary
A look into the mind from a perspective that is uncommon but makes sense.
Holly
Oct 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is not the cover that I have. I experienced this as the 4 agreements, meets Ouspensky on the tech of how the brain works.
Tonya
Dec 11, 2008 rated it it was ok
More than I could ever explain here.
Dr. Barrett  Dylan Brown, Phd
Granpa Reccommends ! =D <3
Shelley
Apr 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book but better if you are considering or embarking on Centrepoint's Holosync program.
Josh
  • Be Happy!: Release the Power of Happiness in YOU
  • The Power of Decision
  • Deep Future
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
  • The First 30 Days: Your Guide to Any Change (and Loving Your Life More)
  • Positive Addiction
  • Conversations with the Universe: How the World Speaks to Us
  • The Man Who Tapped the Secrets of the Universe
  • The Secret of the Great Pyramid: How One Man's Obsession Led to the Solution of Ancient Egypt's Greatest Mystery
  • Bloody Business: An Anecdotal History of Scotland Yard
  • When One Has Lived a Long Time Alone
  • The Unknown Knowns
  • How to Change Minds: The Art of Influence without Manipulation
  • The Portable Oscar Wilde
  • Existentialism (Beginner's Guides)
  • Velocity: Combining Lean, Six Sigma and the Theory of Constraints to Achieve Breakthrough Performance - A Business Novel