Start by marking “Perception” as Want to Read:

Perception

Jackson Dean is a changed man—at least he thinks he is—but when a brush with the past leads him back into territory he’s long since left behind, he finds himself at war with his conscience. Snatching Savannah Harper from a Brooklyn street may have been okay with the wild and reckless guy he used to be, but what about now?

Savannah is used to a life of brutality at the hands

To ask other readers questions about Perception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perception

1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jackson & Savannah were utterly perfect together. Both having pasts that were less than perfect, I felt they had a connection that would ultimately bind them.

Hard as he tries to deny the connection they have Savannah's inner and outer beauty draws him in and traps him. Savannah's strength has me rooting for her and wanting her to finally be happy.

Jackson was the perfect man to help Savannah break through the shell that she's been living in and the moment she finally took hold of her future
Coco.V
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to come...
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
6 Stars

photo AF959DE2-5DB9-48E6-B96C-3A584061BA5A_zpszv1k231j.jpg”width=“400

Man oh man Kendra just has a way to pour her heart and soul into her books and make you live and breathe her words right into your heart, I loved the Bound Trilogy and I loved this one in equal measure but differently.

What’s it about
This is a story that you need to go in blind so I’m just going to explain some of my thoughts. This is a book about healing, being strong and learning to stand up to your demons. I was surely intrigued by Jackson in the Bound trilogy so when I heard Kendra
Samantha Ortegon
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to sound like a rambling idiot writing this review. I don't know if Y'all will truly understand that I read the Bound Trilogy and am in love with Ethan Wilde and Angel and the moment there is a mention of them. I'm a total goofball. I was so excited that they are a part of this story which takes away nothing from this being Jackson Dean's story. It adds to his character on the type of man he is. His love for this couple and the protectiveness, desire and feeling of love for a woman he ...more
Paula Radell
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A little over three years ago, I was fortunate enough to discover Kendra Leigh when she published her debut novel, Bound for Hell, the first book in the uniquely unforgettable Bound Trilogy. I fell deeply in love with Ethan and Angel, and as a matter of fact, Ethan still sets the standard for me when it comes to romantic heroes. It's embarrassing how often I think of him, but not how many times I've indulged in a re-read of that excellent series - it's like comfort food for the romantic soul.

So
Ana Rita
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stop everything... Don't breathe, don't sleep and listen to me. One of my favorite authors, that has been away from the book world for a while now, is back and I couldn't be happier. She has been away and my heart was a mess because I missed her and I really missed her writing. The first books that I've read from her just stollen my heart and there was a secondary character there that I really wanted to hear more about and that book has finally it has arrived....
Kendra Leigh is the author that
Paige Helling
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t think I can remember the exact moment that I fell for Jackson in The Bound Trilogy, but when I did, I fell hard — I just loved him and I wanted his story more than anything! And the moment when Ms. Leigh confirmed that she was indeed going to write about him next... well, I was beside myself with excitement and there was lots of high-pitched squealing and jumping up and down. The wait was long (although truthfully any wait would have been long even if it had only been a three month waiti ...more
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
After reading the Bound Trilogy I couldn't wait to get my hands on Jackson's book. We see him throughout the trilogy but we never have great detail about him.
He was very intriging in the trilogy and in this book to.
Kendra Leigh always has a way with words. Its definiatley that something that grips you from page 1 and keeps you hooked in the story.
It did take me quite a while to get into this story and I'm not sure why because by the end I loved it.
There's not really a lot I can saw without g
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Speechless. It is actually hard to find the words to write this review. I just love Jackson! The way that he is thrown together with Savannah is absolute perfection.

There are definitely heavy topics discussed in this book as it was inspired by the #MeToo movement. But it is incredibly empowering! As a woman, I love reading a book about a strong woman who has overcome many obstacles in her life. This book did just that and did it extremely well! Savannah won me over from the very beginning. I was
Brianne Maffett
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Simba
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was totally expecting Jackson and Savannah's story to have me in tears. A story full of betrayal, violence, love and hope. I tried my best to take my time with this read and by the way what a beautiful read it turned out to be. But everytime I got further and deeper into the book I denied myself the rest I needed, save the page and pick it up again in the morning. I was determined to finish their story with zero sleep.

What an incredible read Perception was. Everything I expected to feel was f
Anna
Sep 07, 2018 added it
DNF at 18%. Just can’t do it. Too ridiculous.

Savannah is emotionally and verbally abused and controlled by her husband until she’s tossed in a trunk and whisked away to an isolated cabin by Jackson. Jackson is a reformed thug I guess, but now works as head of security for some wealthy guy on vacation. I dunno. Anyway, Savannah is absolutely smitten with the gorgeous guy who grabbed her off the street and tossed her in his trunk. Yep. All she thinks about is his face, eyes, body. Not too into th
Victoria
Originally posted at Revenge of the Feels

*Thank you to the author for providing me with an eARC in exchange for a honest review.

Rating: 4 stars

Perception. What an apt name for one of the most enthralling novels I have ever read!

I can’t quite put my fingers to it, but something about Kendra Leigh’s writing just pulls me in and before I know it, it feels as if I was right beside the characters, experiencing what they are feeling. The pain that eats them up inside, the intense emotions of love but
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Bear and Sparrow Filled Stars!!

Ladies and gentlemen Kendra Leigh is BACK!!! I feel in love with her when she published The Bound Trilogy . I feel for Ethan Wild and Angel. I ESP fell for Jackson Dean. The man in charge of Ethan’s security and best friend. Since then I can’t watch The Jungle Book and hear The Bare Necessities and not think of Jackson.

Jackson’s on a vacation while his boss/best friend Ethan and Angel go on their honeymoon. It takes him back home to London where he run
Sassy Southern
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Jackson isn't the man he used to be, at least he hopes not, but when his past resurfaces, he realizes he's fighting himself. When he takes Savannah, he knows that's more like his old self, so why did he take her now? Savannah knows pain, and unfortunately, is from her husband. And even with that a part of her life, when a stranger throws her in a trunk, she's still, and understandably so, terrified.

Jackson and Savannah may have met in a scary, err unique, way, but a bond forms nonetheless. And t
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Kendra made her debut with her Bound Trilogy (and if you haven’t read it, you NEED to!), I was so excited because I knew that she was going to bring us some absolutely incredible stories. But then she took a break, and I was sad, wondering if she was going to come back into the world in which she so greatly belonged. Thank God she did!

Perception features a beloved character from her Bound Triliogy, Jackson. Now, you don’t have to read that first to get Jackson’s full impact, but it helps. I
Nancy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow - Kendra did it again!! Perception is another great story with so much love, understanding, trust and lessons on how to see/deal with things. Jackson and Savannah - Bear and Sparrow - two people who have suffer so much in life. Then by a crazy circumstance are put together. Their story takes you on a ride that I never wanted to see end. There are twists, turns, surprises that you won’t believe. Jackson is the man he is today because of his past. Savannah’s life threw her curveballs and becau ...more
Gin
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't read the Bound trilogy so I didn't have any preconceived notions about Jackson. My fresh start with him was awesome. I loved both sexy Jackson and bad boy Jax. The mystery of Jax and his nefarious background before he became a bodyguard and confidante to Ethan Wilde was front and center at the beginning of the story. Then there's the sad, tortured Savannah so in need of some tenderness and kindness in her life. Who knew being kidnapped would be her salvation. Cute nicknames established, ...more
Jessica Charles {Boho Book Reviews}
Perception is the story of walking away, starting over, when abuse has left you broken. So many woman are afraid to walk away, to leave their abuser but Perception is a powerful story of a woman doing just that.

The author, Kendra Leigh, sends a strong, powerful message to all woman out there who are suffering at the hands of an abuser. There is hope. There is a fresh start waiting for you. You just need to summon all your courage and take that first step and leave.

Jackson is a featured characte
Alyssa's Bookrotic Blog
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a powerful story of abuse and having the courage to walk away from such a horrific situation. It seems pretty common in such situations that the women being abused are too scared of the consequences to try to leave their abusers. This story shows the other side of that and what a person has to go through in order to get out of that life. It’s a strong message. Women (or anyone being abused) have to fight to survive but they just have to be willing enough to do so. Through out this whole ...more
Wendy
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whatever it is you are expecting from this story, forget it and enter with an open mind. You will be surprised and completely engrossed by the events that unfold.

We all have a past, some more damaging than others, some shape our futures for the better and others hold us back. Savannah has had more that her fair share of hurt and betrayal at the hands of her abusive husband, and Kendra captures her vulnerability, courage and ultimately her strength perfectly.

I imagine this was not an easy story
Carrie
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This took me longer to read than it was supposed to, but I had a weekend signing so I was forced to put it down for a bit. However, the story is BEAUTIFUL. Some parts are hard - Savannah goes through more than anyone ever should - she is a warrior. And Jackson... agh! He's got the biggest heart.

This story is twisty, and sometimes you don't understand why what's going on is going on. But the payoff is SO WORTH IT! I keep typing stuff out & erasing, because I don't want to spoil anything. Thi
Danielle Goodwin
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kendra Leigh's "Perception" is a standalone read with characters from her Bound Trilogy. You could read it as a standalone, but you won't want to...you'll want to check out the Bound Trilogy (it's amazing!). "Perception" has some triggers and some parts that are tough to read, but those rough bits really make this book. I love Bear and Sparrow! Such an awesome chemistry. Finding love in spite of all the crazy that surrounds these two is just such a great story. Whatever Kendra Leigh is writing n ...more
Lynne Fredo
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perception

This book had me hooked as Jackson "kidnaps" Savannah for a sexual fantasy. They give themselves names that are more generic and the love blooms between them. He is her rock and she is his. Their friends support then as the plot goes on. This book is just as good as her others and I'd strongly recommend you read her work and follow Kendra Leigh💓💓💓
Ringo
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really liked this book, especially this paragraph....

"You can’t change the events of your past life, but you can change the way you feel about them.
You can change your perception. Reframe it so that it no longer impacts negatively on the way you live your life in the present."

Azusa
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star's
Always Addicted
I really enjoyed the beginning of the book and the abduction. It definitely sucked me in, but then I lost interest somehow once more was unveiled.
Mandie Foxylutely
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Review to follow
Laura Smith
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love everything that Kendra Leigh has written so far and this is up there with the rest of them...Absolutely Brilliant!!!!

I loved both the main characters but Savannah was definitely my complete favourite. I loved her strength and passion and after what she goes through, she deserves a medal! Jackson was just the perfect night in shining armour! Both of them have issues to deal with but together they fight the demons that threaten to spoil their entire future together.

I love Kendra Leigh’s w
Cathy Guadagnino dotson
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Amazing love story. Kendra nailed it with this book. Love,loss ,abused and new love. Jackson gets conned into his old ways from when he was younger in a snatch up for a sexual fantasy with Miss Savannah little does he realize throughout his little tryst with her that he's going to fall in love and so does she even though she's married to a crazy-ass abuser do they find true love you need to pick the book up and find out
Kendra Leigh fell in love with words and reading as a young child. She was at her happiest when Enid Blyton whisked her away up into the magical lands at the top of the Faraway Tree with Moon-face and the rest of the gang.

Now, of course, she has more of a fondness for chocolate, cheese and hot men in suits – not necessarily in that order.

Kendra devotes her life to her devilishly handsome partner,