Start by marking “The Pirates of Moonlit Bay” as Want to Read:
The Pirates of Moonlit Bay

The Pirates of Moonlit Bay

(The Paladin Princess #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  32 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Charlotte knows one thing...

Pirates are deadly.

Marauders have spirited her away on ship pulled by giant manta rays. Born a princess, they've sold her as a slave.

How dare they treat her like this? And why have they done this? Something isn't adding up.

Before she knows it, she finds herself in a world of supernatural alchemy and unearthly magic, where nothing is as it seems.
Paperback
Published July 1st 2019 by Black Raven Books

To ask other readers questions about The Pirates of Moonlit Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pirates of Moonlit Bay

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Pirates of Moonlit Bay
Deborah
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book felt more like a draft than the finished article.

Now I’m not the target audience for this. But in my defence I have read a lot of incredible YA reads. This does say Teen/YA. I feel only very young Teens will probably enjoy it.

I knew going in that Princess Charlotte would most likely be somewhat annoying and immature early on. It’s the easiest way to show growth. But this went on for far too long. She would open her mouth and demand....okay I’m not going to put spoilers. Just trust me
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
The Pirates of Moonlit Bay is book one in The Paladin Princess series by Samaire Provost.

What captured me was the cover for this book and the others in the series. Unfortunately, I was having a difficult time getting into the story. It just wasn’t capturing me and keeping my attention. This could be that I wasn’t in the mood or it could be the book. I ended up stoping at 25%. I feel that 25 to 30 is a good point to stop if the story isn’t grabbing you. It means I gave it a good try.

When we start
Marta Cox
Well Charlotte certainly wasn’t the type to back down and that’s a fact. She certainly in the beginning was a rather irritating and clearly spoiled Princess who I struggled to connect with. In fact thinking about it I just wanted her to grow up and shut up at times. I did feel that the story could have been improved particularly initially with more world building as everything happened so fast and suddenly we have Charlotte and her maid captives aboard a pirate ship and bound for a slave market. ...more
Lucy Gardiner (luc_lostinbooks)
The Pirates of Moonlight Bay is about a princess who is kidnapped by pirates who sell her into slavery. Charlotte the main character then escapes and we follow her adventures from there.

The action starts so quickly I felt I was dropped face first into the book, would have appreciated a bit more world building or descriptions beforehand to set up the story.

The chapters and writing style were both quite strange, when I’m reading I like a chapter to end with unanswered questions or the scene is c
Dan'l Danehy-oakes
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, so this somewhat-spoilt princess (Charlotte) and her personal servant (Caroline) stray a leeetle bit too far from the castle, and get nabbed by pirates, and not the kind who have any code of honor - nor, for that matter, soap. They are stuffed into the hold with other prisoners and taken South to a slave market in an Arabian Nights kind of desert land, where they are sold to an elderly Sheikh whose oldest son, a brutal sadist, really runs things,but on the way to his camp, they escape, dur ...more
Donna Willis
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story full of adventure and excitingly loveable characters. I am also please by the fact that the main characters are all women. A great story for strong women who want to read about even stronger women. These girls get in one mess after another but always persevere!!
D'Arcy McGregor-Cox
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it

I'm currently reading Samaire Provost’s 'Pirates of Moonlit Bay'. I'm two thirds through this un-put-down able, action on every page, very enjoyable read. I really don't want the story to end; it's not often that I find a book that I can really enjoy reading. I can finish this one though, and be happy to buy the sequel, and dispense with any withdrawal problems. Samaire's story feels more like I'm being told an exciting tale, face to face, by a friend rather than reading it from the page. Her wr
Tamara Dell
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an Aladdan style book, with mythology brought in. I enjoyed the way that the author empowered the heroines of this book. The women are strong, independent, and make a colorful group to follow on a journey.

I enjoyed this book.
Ashlee McBride
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good. I love the charactwrs and the settings! The descriptions was outstanding! I already know im going to love this non stop saga! I cant wait to start on the 2nd book. I definitely recommend this book!!! ♡
George
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

July 29, 2019
Format: Kindle Edition
Steampunk tech, magic, female protagonists......this book hits a wonderful note on many levels.
I was asked, a while ago, to read and review the Arc of this book. I'm glad I read this book now.
Yes , it's whimsical at times, but the world building and characters WILL draw you in and enchant you
for hours on end.
Ms. Provost, I thank you from the bottom of my sleep deprived body.....I WILL be reading more of your works as I ca
Melissa
Melissa Gammonster
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic girl powered adventure worth reading - for everyone! From monsters to mayhem, colorful descriptions and action keep you engaged. It was very difficult to put down! From the frying pan to the fire, what could go wrong next? What's that monster over there? Time to run! Lovely characters with good development. A real delight to read.
Christina
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Pirates of Moonlit Bay is, to say the least, a non-stop ride of a story! Samaire Provost hooks you in this series from the very first paragraphs and it is a continuous read. I could not put Charlotte's story down! It's everything, in my opinion, that makes a great book. Alkebulan is a wonderful world all in it's own but there is so much more. There is an amazing heroine who finds true friendship in the women around her and the simple strength in that, pirates, "mythical" creatures, and a ver ...more
Ashlee Elizabeth
OMGosh!!! ♡

I enjoyed this adventure very much!!!I cant wait to start the 2nd book! Already loving this non stop saga!!! Its new and exciting , unlike anything ive read. I enjoyed the descriptions. Great job. I definitely recommend this book!!!♡
Jeffrey A. Dewey
Interesting

Interesting storyline with twists and turns as the princess grows into a formidable opponent while saving those close to her.
Jvles
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It follows a princess who gets abducted, manages to escape and finds lots of friends ans mythical creatures along the way. I liked that there are so many strong female characters and will definitely read the next books in this series.
Margie Murrow
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I didn't think I'd like it. I couldn't put it down!!! Thee main character was a
Princess and seemed to be a spoiled child. Wow did my opinion change
After the first three or four chapters. I highly recommend this series.
Melissa Gammonster
Kurt
rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2020
Samaire Wynne
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Dave Willson
Aug 08, 2019
R.J.
Oct 22, 2019
Tina Murphy
Jul 14, 2020
Amber Niebaum
Oct 11, 2019

• Spells of Blood and Sorrow  (Tarot Academy, #4)
  • Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Family
  • Spells for the Dead (Soulwood #5)
  • Secrets of the Greek Revival (Mystery House #1)
  • Witch Born (Ravenhold #1)
  • Deadlock
  • Don't Tell (Jack Ryder #7)
  • Her Final Word (Jack Ryder #6)
  • Freaky Seas (A Mystic Caravan Mystery, #10)
  • Jewels in the Juniper (Lovely Lethal Gardens #10)
  • Girl Next Door (Jack Ryder #5)
  • Choppy Water (Stone Barrington, #54)
  • Freaky Games (A Mystic Caravan Mystery, #4)
  • The Silence (Columbia River #2, Callahan & McLane, #5)
  • The Case of the Abandoned Warehouse
  • Shadow Magic: Year 3 (Academy of Sorcery #3)
  • French Quarter Clues (Mystery House #3)
  • Black Jack (Jack Ryder #4)
Samaire Wynne grew up in a lot of different places, and now happily resides on the
East Coast of America, laboring away at writing stories every day. She is an animal lover with far too many pets, yet she still muses how she’d like to add even more. A lover of all things night and gothic, she also loves to read and reread her favorite books. Owned by a cat named Tyrion, she can be found haunting th

The Paladin Princess (3 books)
  • The Pirate Queen (The Paladin Princess Book 2)
  • The Lost Treasure