Start by marking “Slipping Through” as Want to Read:
Slipping Through

Slipping Through

Journey into different dimensions

Logan and Elise discover a place where the dominant species isn’t human, but will they be able to return to their own dimension?

The Professor hopes Vladimir has unlocked the secret to a parallel universe, but is it what it seems?

David wants to get back home, but will enlisting Rob’s help trap them in the Jester’s game and slipping through f
ebook
Published July 14th 2018 by Miranda Kate

To ask other readers questions about Slipping Through, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slipping Through

A.J. Richmond
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to be one of the early readers on this collection and I must say I was quite impressed! Despite not being my typical reading genre, I was instantly hooked by Miranda Kate’s tales. Well written and sparking the imagination in the very best way!
Neminem
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This book contains two short stories and a novella. The stories were easy, but the novella was a hard pill to swallow. Why? Cause, for starters it’s full of unanswered questions and at the end it leaves you with more questions. Let’s get to it.

Short Story #1:

So Logan and Elise travel through dimensions (jumping through them) and end up in a parallel. I’m not quite sure what was meant by a parallel here. But in the parallel their device used for teleportation turns out to be useless and here tree
A.K. Child
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Over all, I enjoyed the stories in Slipping Through. The author mentions that the first two stories were originally flash fic, and they seem to still retain the quick, snippet feel of flash. I feel like there is a lot more meat to both stories that could make them longer pieces, should the author decide to go that direction. I'm especially curious about the technology that allows the travelers to "slip through." Where did it come from? How do the people use it? What are the rules? We get a littl ...more
Yvonne Davies
Having a common theme of travelling through time, this book contains 2 short stories and a novella.
InterDimensioning: Travelling via portals Elise and Logan arrive in a strange place where there was no human contact and the trees were lilac.
V.W.G: Vladimir thinks he has cracked the secret to another dimension, but are there forces against him.
The Game: David has been captured to play the Jester’s warped game travelling through different dimensions.
As soon as I started InterDimensioning, I alrea
Victoria Pearson
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
I was lucky enough to be able to read this little gem of a collection while it was still being edited, and I enjoyed every moment of it, and drank it down in a single sitting, before coming back to reread and revist and ponder on the ideas it raised.

The stories are intruiging, each giving just enough, and leaving you wanting just a little bit more. The first two stories set the theme - sci-fi with an almost fairytaleish, otherworldly flavour - and they were shorter stories that I wouldn't like t
Jason Arscott
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This little collection of three stories following a similar but disturbing theme, basically there are parallel worlds and timelines and what they contain is the prefect fodder for some warped nightmares. Very few characters so no having to remember names which is good for me, but the stories and the content balance everything out and got me thinking.
I do love a book that gets the old grey matter working and letting me question what I think and how I feel, and this does that in spades. How would
Beccy Thompson
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from TBC Reviewers request- Thank you
This book is a collection of 2 short stories and a Novella. The stories were absolutely brilliant and have left me desperate for another book from the author (wonder if there’s anything in the pipeline).
I don’t often read books where sci fi is the key theme but in Slipping Through Miranda has created a alternative universe that is palatable for the no die hard sci fi’s amongst us.
A lovely read thank you.
Gilly Riet
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Only used the the Flash fiction writing that Miranda does this was a joy to see how her ideas and writing extend into short stories culminating in the Novella, The Game.
I rarely read short stories (Ending before they begin) yet was transported into the three very different worlds, expertly.
In the first short InterDimensioning - It had a very real Sci-Fi vibe. Yet The Game ended up stealing the glory and rightly so; with vibrant, larger than life characters and a twisting, turning plot.
Leaving
Penny-sue Wolfe
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The ingenuity of these tales is staggering! A quick, fulfilling read which I highly recommend.
Amanda Williams
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be a bit of an odd read and the book doesn't kid when it states that they are stories from different dimensions. You will only enjoy this book depending on your taste. If you only like clear-cut and straight forward books then this is not the read for you. However if like me you like reading something a little bit out of the ordinary then you will find this book a real page-turner. My only gripe with this book personally was the fact that I found it to be a little bit of a s ...more
Anna K. Scott
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm normally a fantasy reader, but I very much enjoyed this collection of two short stories and a novella. The first involves interdimensional travel, via portal-hopping and reminds me a little of Pratchett and Baxter's Long Earth series. The second addresses the idea of the world as a simulation.

The novella, The Game, has a quite dark concept: the Jester takes people and sends them to other worlds as part of his twisted game. The goal: to catch him, so they can be returned to their own world.
Angela
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This new collection of short stories from author Miranda Kate is uniquely intriguing. Mrs. Kate's stories always ensnare me with their cleverness and out of the box thinking. The tone she sets is devastatingly hopeful, leaving me whiplashed and emotionally spent at the end of her tales. This is a quick, heart pounding, intriguing read that is sure to ensnare you too.
Kevin Hammond
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating.

I don't like to give too much away to the next reader in describing what a book is about. Suffice to say, this one is a science fiction story along the lines of quantum leap, yet sinister and disturbed. People can slip through time to other places, or times to be more precise, only it's a game. And there's a creepy character setting the rules of the game.

It was quite a thrill, this story. And I think there were a few things the writer did really well to help make this a great read. T
B. Fleetwood
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
3&1/2 Stars
I have mixed feelings about these three dark fantasy stories. InterDimensioning and VWG have great potential but for me didn't quite work. I was unable to comprehend the nature of the threat in the first story and whilst the author has a easy flowing style, neither tale had a satisfactory conclusion.
I much preferred the longer story 'The Game' which had some brilliant descriptions (I could see this being a film) and a fantastically reprehensible 'Jester'. That said, the story did
Carol Peace
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
This book is made up with 2 short stories and a novella and all 3 tie in very well in my opinion. Slipping through the dimension is the overall theme and finding new dimensions where humans are not the superior species is very interesting and enjoyable to read. The novella though has so much more potential for further visits. The Jester is a game player and he sends David to another dimension and he has to find the jester and catch him to be returned to his own time frame, of course nothing is e ...more
Ursula
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I like science fiction but this set of stories doesn't explain anything and doesn't contain any scientific ideas so I found it more akin to the horror and fantasy writing made popular by Ray Bradbury and Stephen King. They have both written about slipping through to other worlds eerily similar to our own and even visiting different times. And they've both presented them complete with evil characters who toy with the desires and lives of ordinary mortals for hidden motives.

I enjoyed the stories b
Susan Angela Wallace
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Slipping through by Miranda Kate.
I really enjoyed this book. The 3 stories went together nicely. I just struggled a little with the 3rd book. I liked the story and some of the characters. By the end I did enjoy book 3. It was different. 4*.
Sjmickle25gmail.Com
Dec 02, 2018
Miranda Kate
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Alexandra
Jul 14, 2018
Feruza Sayfullina
Sep 18, 2018
MRS ZOE J MURRAY
Mar 22, 2019
Pamela
Oct 04, 2018
Book loving, writer, who likes to read several books at a time because she's a bit crazy like that.

Go-to authors are Stephen King, James Herbert, Terry Pratchett, Raymond Feist and Clive Barker, with Asimov, Arthur C Clarke, Robert A Heinlein and lots of others in between.

It's not so much about loving particular genres, as much as finding stories and characters to engage and resonate with.

Guilty