Start by marking “The Winemaker's Secret (Starlight Cove, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Winemaker's Secret (Starlight Cove, #2)

The Winemaker's Secret

(Starlight Cove #2)

Someone is out to destroy the family vineyardand expose its secretsin this atmospheric novel from Cynthia Ellingsen, Amazon Charts bestselling author of The Lighthouse Keeper.

Abby Harringtons family has dedicated their lives to cultivating the family vineyard and collecting vintage wines. But it takes only one night for the priceless collection to vanish, stolen during
Published April 1st 2019 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Winemaker's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Winemaker's Secret

Start your review of The Winemaker's Secret (Starlight Cove, #2)
Suzy Trott
Good plot but ended up skim reading

I couldnt get on with the writing style. There were good elements but skim read a lot as too much unnecessary fluffy stuff - over explained feelings or situations.
Alayne Emmett
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a bit wary when I saw this book was the second in a series, I usually like to read books in the right order. But, this time it didnt matter. What a wonderful book this was, I loved it and couldnt read it quick enough. The story kept going at a fast pace with lots of twists and turns to keep your interest. I am certainly going to read more of her books. ...more
Eline || Lovely Audiobooks
The writing was captivating, and I liked the setting, the scenery, and the bigger plot line.

That being said, this book is a good example of one that should come with a Content Note or Trigger Warning. Abby is severely traumatized and her hospital trauma keeps getting triggered, while the reader learns in gruesome detail what led to her trauma when she was a little girl. It made me feel physically ill even though I don't have a hospital trauma. But I empathize with children.

I picked this up
Cynthia Ellingsen
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
As always, I'm a little biased...
Stefanie
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Abby Harrington is enjoying a fabulous night relishing in the celebration of her grandparents sixtieth wedding anniversary. Proud owners of Harrington Vineyard, the happy couple is flourishing, with Harrington Wines one of the top wineries in the area.
Just as Abby thought she couldnt contain any more happiness, her drug addict brother, Dean, returns to town bringing back haunting memories from her past. Then her grandparents prized ice wine collection disappears and her grandfather nearly dies
Noreen
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-this-book
I really enjoyed The Winemaker's Secret. I loved the winery setting and felt like the author did a great job transporting me to sitting in the wine tasting room. There is mystery, romance, some unsavory characters and a whole lot of wine drinking. Great book! I look forward to reading the first book in this series.
Judy Hallstrom
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An all day read

Don't plan to read for an hour before you clean up the breakfast dishes. This will keep you reading until dinner!
Kurt
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wonderful Book!

I loved this book! It was part mystery, part family drama and part romance. And all those parts added up to a great book!
Kristin
The Winemaker's Secret was a fun read. One got to know the main characters and the plot is engaging. I didn't know the book was part of a series, but I want to read the first book as well now.
Lorie Layne
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book Ive read by this author, and I really enjoy her writing style! Mystery without a lot of gross detail (not a fan of too much violence because I have a very vivid imagination and cant stop thinking about scary stuff). I can usually guess who the bad guy is within the first 1/4 of the book but I was a little over 3/4 before I guessed. The audible part was read nicely and not hard to listen to at all. I used to hate books on tape but now love them. I read a book at bedtime ...more
Deanie
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun Read!

Spent too many nights reading late into the next morning! But... I had figured it out!😁
A nice light summer read!
Heide
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

She writes very well, keeps my interest and muddled the waters of the mystery. It was fun to read, even though I suspected the bad guy!
Kathleen Randle
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E

What a brilliant story . I loved it. Will definitely be reading more books from Cynthia Ellingsen. Best story I've read for a while.
C. McKenzie
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Winemaker's Secret is a cozy mystery with a few sharp edges and enough twisty threads to keep you wondering where the story will wind up until the last few pages.
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely read. You can imagine my dismay when I saw that this was the second of a series but, honestly? I didnt even notice. Such an immersive, summery read, this provided the perfect escapism in the warm and friendly town of Starlight Cove.

This is a wonderful story and I found myself totally engrossed in the plot very quickly. The setting created by Ellingsen is idyllic and inviting; it is so easy to imagine the rolling hills of the winery. Helped by the sunshine setting, I could picture
Love and Literature
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book, ahhh this book! I was scrolling my usual book browsing sites and fell upon this one. Two things immediately drew me in the intriguing title (A secret!? Im in!) and of course, you guessed it, the cover! Its really beautiful. I soon discovered however that this is the second novel within the Starlight Cove series, yet they dont necessarily need to be read in order as the books do focus on separate families. The second book does contain spoilers for the first, so Id recommend The ...more
Michelle
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of Abbys life is wrapped up in her familys vineyard. Her grandparents started it and most of her family works there. Shes always dreamed that shed be in charge one day but her grandfather seems hesitant to turn it over to her.

On her grandparents wedding anniversary, her familys priceless stash of ice wine is stolen. Before Abby can tell everyone, her grandfather has an accident and winds up in the hospital.

Everyone thinks its for the best that no one tells grandma.

Several other interesting
Mystica
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Abby and her family have dedicated their entire life to the vines and their vineyard. That someone is trying to destroy their reputation and even sabotage their lives is becoming apparent and it is up to the youngest two Abby and her prodigal brother Dean to see to it. It does not help that Dean is a former drug addict who broke their parents heart, disappeared for years and is it is a coincidence that the troubles are beginning with his sudden appearance.

Abby has a fragile past. Beset with
Pam L
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a secret!

I forgot I ordered this book. When it came I was in the midst of a series. I looked at it in my library,but kept reading my series.But I kept going back looking at the cover. It just kept calling me.
There was heartache,anger,insecurities and mystery. Abby had so many issues. Always wanting more,but something held her back. But through her own doubts and insecuries,and love,she became brave,very slowly. Through the love for her family,and the hold of family,she learned how to be
Carrie Williams
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book set in the charming small town of Starlight Cove.
The story revolves around Abby and her family who own Harrington Wines. There is a mystery, family secrets and a budding romance.
A family treasure is stolen and Abby finds a mysterious wooden box with a key inside. They key leads her to a secret past that she never expected. Meanwhile her brother returns to town and Abby can't quite tell exactly what he is up to.
I loved all the vivid descriptions of the winery and the small
Cheryl
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one had me wondering what was going to happen from the very beginning. I read it fairly quickly because I was very anxious for all the threads of the story to fit together. She did a great job of giving you just enough of the story to keep you turning pages without giving away the mystery too quickly. I wasn't surprised by who did it when it was finally revealed but I was surprised and very pleased with the outcome for one of the other characters. I am anxious for the next book to come ...more
Robin Quine
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful story, full of humour, excitement and intrigue. The scenario of a well established wine business provides an introduction to a range of characters across the generations. Set against the idyllic surroundings of Starlight Cove and its tight-knit community, the story folds in a gentle yet compelling fashion. Excellent holiday reading!
Brad Smith
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging story with regional and technical accuracy

Engaging story. As someone involved in the wine industry, it was nice to read the technical accuracy embedded into the story line in a way that didnt distract from the story line.
Ethel
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A family saga, that takes place in a family owned winery. Here we have all the makings of a good read, with family dissension and a robbery of a priceless wine collection. All of this taking place at a family celebration for the grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. This is a book that can't be put down until the end. A good theme with good writing...highly recommended.
Brenda
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was such a wonderful book! I loved the history and the suspense. The romance and the knowledge. Enough wine info to satisfy this cork dork,enough history to satisfy my love of historical fiction and, wonderful twists and turns by the author to keep us guessing until the end. I'm hoping there is a sequel to tie up some loose ends :)
ag123456
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Thank you goodreads for giving me a copy.
I think the twist was good at the end. It was a quick cute read. It doesn't need to be read in order which is good. I would recommend it.
Patricia Markus
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Winemakers Secret

What a fabulous story! The author does a wonderfulrful job intertwining characters from her first book the Lighthouse Keeper. With many twists and turns the story keeps the reader in suspense.
Beth Martinez
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story

This is a wonderful story. It has amazing characters that grow and surprise you. Overall, even though there are some challenges faced the characters are refreshing and kind.
Antresha Holmes
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm still in shock!

Wow! This was a really good read and real page turner. I can't believe I didn't figure it out because I so should have. Ugh! There'll be no spoilers here though, get a copy and see for yourself.
Margaret
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Same town as Book 1 in the series but a different cast of characters. I believe I enjoyed this one even more. I'm really into learning about wine and vineyards right now, so that probably contributed. I like that the information fit the story and didn't feel like filler, as it has in other books I've read. Well developed characters and back stories. I love how the author conveys conversations without it just being a list of "he said" "she replied" sentences. She also does an excellent job of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Trouble on Main Street (Sugar Mountain #1)
  • Drugged on Deck (Caribbean Cruise Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #10)
  • The Puppy Project (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery #9)
  • Coconut Layer Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #25)
  • Death Beside the Seaside (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries, #6)
  • The Empty Nesters
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • The Perfect Dress
  • The Family Journal
  • The Road She Left Behind
  • Spring House
  • True to Me
  • The Impossible Wish (Liberty, #3)
  • The Season of Silver Linings (A Sweet Lake Novel Book 3)
  • Seabreeze Summer (Summer Beach #2)
  • Where The Story Starts
  • Treasure Me (Liberty, #2)

Starlight Cove (3 books)
  • The Lighthouse Keeper (Starlight Cove, #1)
  • A Bittersweet Surprise (Starlight Cove #3)