Start by marking “Top Marks for Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #8)” as Want to Read:
Top Marks for Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #8)

Top Marks for Murder

(Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries #8)

Daisy and Hazel are finally back at Deepdean, and the school is preparing for a most exciting event: the fiftieth Anniversary.

Plans for a weekend of celebrations are in full swing. But all is not well, for in the detectives' long absence, Deepdean has changed. Daisy has lost her crown to a fascinating new girl - and many of the Detective Society's old allies ar
Published August 6th 2019 by Puffin

To ask other readers questions about Top Marks for Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top Marks for Murder

Start your review of Top Marks for Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #8)
Swati Daftuar
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
And also, YES! Finally, a murder in the school. I've been waiting for another murder in the school for so long now.
(she said, fully aware of how batcrapcrazy she sounded.)
Abigail
Charlotte Holmans
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing!!!
Sass
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much
Amy (Golden Books Girl)
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you know me even vaguely, you will know that the Murder Most Unladylike series is one of my absolute favourites in the world, and returning to the original setting of Deepdean School for Girls for the first time since 2016 made me so emotional; even more so than returning to this world and characters in general usually does. It`s very hard to speak about any sort of specifics with the plot as the twisty structure would make it incredibly difficult to do so, but this eight instalment sees Dais ...more
Victoria (Eve's Alexandria)
An absolute delight, as usual, drawn out over a week because I didn’t want to read it except under perfect circumstances. Daisy and Hazel return to Deepdean after their many adventures, to discover that change has been afoot in their absence. Daisy’s status as queen of the school has been usurped by a beautiful new girl, Amina, and the House rules are more constraining than ever. When Detective Society member Beanie witnesses an apparent murder from their dorm room window it comes as something o ...more
Oda Renate
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the series.
Loved the mystery, it was fun to be back at Deepdean.
gem
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much.
Yet another excellent story!
Karen Barber
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A welcome return to Deepdean. A murder witnessed from afar becomes the focal point for the Detective Agency this time around, but they are up against it as nothing is quite what it seems.
Daisy and Hazel are changing (as you’d expect) and the setting echoes the sense of growing turmoil. They have a rather predictable response to returning to school and finding things have changed a little in their absence, but quickly things settle into their usual routine.
Their friend witnesses a mur
Mehsi
The girls are back at Deepdean! But murder is always close to them.

I was delighted that we would finally go back to Deepdean again! I love the mysteries not taking place at Deepdean, really, but there is something special about boarding schools + mystery + murder!

The girls have a hard time adjusting, especially Daisy seems to have trouble with being back in a routine and having to learn all sorts of subjects she is just not interested in. Which I can definitely understand. Come on, they just s
Sasha
Top Marks for Murder is the 8th book in the Murder Most Unladylike series and the first one I have read - I really enjoyed the blend of Agatha Christie 1930's feel and Enid Blyton style boarding school adventure to it.
Hazel Wong and Daisy Wells are best friends and amatuer detectives who are rapidly gaining experience with murder - when one of their dorm mates thinks she see someone killed from their bedroom window daisy and Hazel leap at the chance to investigate.It is the 50th anniversary of
Shawne
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
BEANIE MARTINEAU FOR PRESIDENT!

I always love it when Hazel and Daisy go back to Deepdean - the boarding-school setting is so charming and atmospheric, and the Detective Society so lovingly drawn, that I could just hang out there forever.

The book takes a while to get going, but only because Stevens is working hard to lay the groundwork for a series of quite wonderful twists. I must confess that each time I thought I'd figured it out at last, I was confounded by another twi
Mary Judy
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is such a joy to return to Deepdean school with our favourite detectives, Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong. And just in time for the most exciting event the school has ever seen, the 50th Anniversary celebration. But it isn't long before murder is afoot, once again. This is a murder unlike the others; it seems to be linked to the anniversary and it MUST be one of the parents! It is a case the girls must solve! Not just for the sake of stopping the culprit from striking again, but to save their home ...more
Emma Rose Ribbons
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh what a good read! I was so excited about this and it really delivered. The book itself is so pretty with its sprayed edges, I'm so happy to own a physical copy! I loved Hazel and Daisy in this, seeing old friends and the mystery was gripping and very interesting. The end hints at a future adventure in Egypt - I hope I read that right, it seems to be THE place for murder (Poirot, Amelia Peabody) and I can completely picture the girls there. Please let there be MANY more books!
Nic
Wonderful as ever. (No spoilers.)

The mystery is very good, Daisy's on fine form (with secret hidden struggles that aren't secret from Hazel), Hazel is ever more awesome, a couple of regular supporting characters get chances to shine (in very different ways), and there's a new character who might (I hope) become a regular.

Pure glee, with some tears near the end. How long until the next one?
BiblioPhil
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On the verge of being the greatest consulting detective agency in Europe by the time they're twenty.
Sophie
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

“Family is family, and you are mine, Hazel Wong.” ❤
Lisa
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ah, a return to Deathdeen, how we've missed you!
Loved it :)
Lucy ❁♡ ★
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another incredible instalment in one of my favourite series! The eighth novel in the 'murder most unladylike' books has once again captured my heart and left me stunned.

Following our favourite, female detective-duo, Hazel and Daisy are back at their boarding school, Deepdean for the fiftieth anniversary. However, the celebrations turn sinister when someone is murdered and it’s a race against the clock to solve the mystery before the school closes. For good.

One of the main things that I loved a
Lina J.

This series is excellent! Lots of fun to read! The eighth book is no exception, which is, really, very impressive.

I love reading, always have, and I remember the books that helped spur on my love for it as a child and pre-teen. I love finding those types of books now, so one day I can give them to my kids (and in the meantime, gift to friends with little ones). While I read the first book in the series just for this reason, I kept on reading because I thoroughly enjoyed it even as an adult.

I mean, I get legitimateadult.

Iimpressive.

I

Sadie Slater
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Top Marks for Murder, the eighth of Robin Stevens's Wells and Wong mysteries, landed on my Kindle last week and because I was definitely in the mood for comfort reading I ended up starting it almost straight away. This one sees Daisy and Hazel returning to Deepdean School after their adventures in Hong Kong and London, where they find that both they and the school have changed in subtle ways. At the end of a rather awkward half-term, Daisy in particular is delighted when their dorm-mate Beanie sees wha ...more
Harrypanda
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Sian
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Absolutely loved it! I will never get tired of Stevens’ writing and it kept me guessing throughout. I find it refreshing that as Daisy and Hazel grow, Stevens has managed to evolve her writing style, and the friendships within the Detective Society, with them.

The Detective Society returns to Deepdean to solve this latest murder mystery as the parents of the Deepdean girls gather for the 50th anniversary weekend. But, much to the Headmistress Miss Barnard’s dismay, three major inciden
W
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Detective society continues! The girls weren't only outgrown their original frocks, they have grown up, the shy Beanie turned into a brave, clever creature, Kitty got a new boyfriend and grumpy Lavinia won the tennis scholarship... they all played a huge, significant part in solving this case, this ingenious, full of the complexity of human nature and marital conflict(mentioned in Arsenic for Tea but in this book the problem have exacerbated to its worst point) case, and of course, our Madam Sup ...more
Izzy
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous installment in the Murder Most Unladylike series! This book and the one before, Death in the Spotlight, both seem to have more twists to them than the other books, which I like.

My main thoughts upon finishing the book:
That mystery was so puzzling I couldn’t even guess who the murderer was as I usually do.
Inspector Priestley was amazing in this book - it was great he was there!
Kitty, Beanie and Lavinia haven’t been in a mystery for ages and I like ho
Alicia
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Yay, it’s the eighth Wells and Wong mystery, and it’s their most complicated case yet! The girls are back at school after months away, and there have been lots of changes— not least, a new girl who has taken Daisy's place as the most popular. And it's the school's fiftieth anniversary, so lots of parents are coming to take part in the celebrations—so there are lots of suspects when one of their friends thinks she has witnessed a murder! As always, the mystery here is solid, but it's the
KP
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2019
In some ways this felt like a different book than the ones that came before. Hazel felt a little more distant from the narrative in this one. Maybe I just need to give it a reread. It was still an excellent book, but I feel like its main purpose was to prepare for events in the future books, as it launched several characters in new trajectories and introduced potential new Detective Club members.

But also - BEANIE YOU ARE SO GOOD. I LOVE YOU, BEANIE.

Beanie is the best. She and Lavini
Erris
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
so this was really good, like i finished it in two days. i feel like i read somewhere that this going to be the last one in the series, which i get, eight (8!) books is a lot but i really don't want to leave these characters behind. if there is another one, i would really like an epilogue at least, Daisy and Hazel in 20 years time maybe.
the one thing that disappointed me in this book was daisy being a lesbian was hardly mentioned so :( but other than that enjoyable!
Grace Tierney
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder returns to Deepdean school but this time the parents are in the frame and Daisy isn't the most popular girl In school anymore - gasp!

It was to be expected really as Daisy and Hazel dodged school for first Hong Kong and then London in the last two books, but school life has continued in their absence and changes abound. Realistically the school would have closed by now after all these murders, but I'm glad it hasn't and enjoyed this latest tale, as did my daughter.
Verity W
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The detective society is back at Deepdean and the anniversary weekend proves to be a dangerous time for the girls and for the future of the school. Lots of fun - and as the girls grow up, they’re learning about the reality of grown up life and that stumbling on murders can have unforeseen consequences.
Robin's books are: Murder Most Unladylike (Murder is Bad Manners in the USA), Arsenic for Tea (Poison is Not Polite in the USA), First Class Murder, Jolly Foul Play, Mistletoe and Murder, Cream Buns and Crime, A Spoonful of Murder, Death in the Spotlight and Top Marks for Murder. She is also the author of The Guggenheim Mystery, the sequel to Siobhan Dowd's The London Eye Mystery.

Robin was born i

Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries (9 books)
  • Murder Most Unladylike (Wells & Wong Mystery, #1)
  • Arsenic for Tea (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #2)
  • First Class Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #3)
  • Jolly Foul Play (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #4)
  • Mistletoe and Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #5)
  • A Spoonful of Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #6)
  • Death in the Spotlight (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #7)
  • Murder Most Unladylike Book 9