Start by marking “Joker (Executioners #2)” as Want to Read:
Joker (Executioners #2)

Joker

(Executioners #2)

Joker, what a misnomer, but Jackson Webb’s friends were idiots. He’d joined Executioners almost three years earlier after the lead singer King caught him playing his guitar behind his garage. It broke up the monotony of his life, but once he got bored, he’d move on to another distraction. He wasn’t nice. He sure as hell wasn’t friendly. He was what he was, his friends hand ...more
Published February 23rd 2018 by Hostile Whispers Press (first published August 29th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Joker, please sign up.
Tracey Steinbach Because they aren't out yet. Joker releases 8/28 and King sometime in September. :)…moreBecause they aren't out yet. Joker releases 8/28 and King sometime in September. :)(less)

Start your review of Joker (Executioners #2)
Barbara➰
We know from other books Joker is an angry, walking time bomb. He doesn't want anyone to touch him and DO NOT come up behind him. But Dem comes along. He's not without his own fears and desires but he is just what Joker needed. Everyone let Joker run away when things got too much. But not Dem...he pushed, he chased, he touched.
“No one touches me.”

“Too damn bad, I want to touch you and often.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re worth"~Joker and Dem

I absolutely loved Dem. He was the perfect partn
Gigi

Joker is a grumpy, angry, violent guy. He takes on the role of champion for every person who is being harassed in public. He confronts the offender and usually starts a fight that ultimately lands him in jail. The reasons for his violent behavior are unfolded as the story progresses so I won’t spoil it here.

Dem is a calm, loving soul who takes on the job of softening Joker’s resolve and showing him he is worth the time and attention and love he is missing from his life. Dem has a degene
Jenny Wood
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been waiting on Joker!! I knew he was going to slot in with my favorites! I have a thing for the broken ones and if there was anyone who ought to feel that way, it was Joker. He wasn’t though, he just needed someone to fight for him, someone to show that he was worth something more than the violence and abuse he’d been born into. He had his friends, sure…they all cared about him, but he didn’t make it easy to be there for. They done as much as Joker allowed, but he needed more than that and ...more
Claudia
I love this series so very much. it gets better and better
Maria
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tough call on this one. Light reading it was not.

You set your sights on someone only to find out they are horribly damaged. The connection between Dem and Jackson (Joker) was definitely there. Their stories were interesting to read and I think the author did a fine job in bringing these two together. The penchant for rough sex makes complete sense. Falling in love, or their version of it, was lovely to read.

Jackson’s past? I could not wrap my head around it. Including the intro of a character
namericanwordcat
Over the top, melodramatic, tortured hero fun.

Jackson (Joker) is a damaged hero times 10. His hero is a super hyper in pursuit (he skydives to remote locations for him) chef.

And yet as crazy sauce boiler plate as some of this book is, I liked it. I enjoyed the cast from the other books in the series or connected series (I have only read one or two I think), and liked the love story and of course the mean guy who is loved by his friends and has a tiny little dog.
Alex
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Chris
4 out of 5 stars

Description ~

Joker, what a misnomer, but Jackson Webb’s friends were idiots. He’d joined Executioners almost three years earlier after the lead singer King caught him playing his guitar behind his garage. It broke up the monotony of his life, but once he got bored he’d move on to another distraction. He wasn’t nice. He sure as hell wasn’t friendly. He was what he was, his friends handled his attitude and standoffish nature just fine. At thirty-eight he was pretty sure he was too
DepictonFiction
Book two of this series and I liked this one more than the first. Both MC’s are ‘damaged goods’ but on a different level. They see themselves that way but they don’t see the other that way.
I keep as smiling as I imagine Killer. I not particularly a fan of tiny dogs but this one I liked.
V
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing sequel, mind you I would never have Joker as a partner I dislike grumpy men with a passion, and Joker needs a lot of patience.
Becca
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok, if you have not read the blurb, pay attention to it. It is not a joke in any way. This is probably one of, if not the darkest stories of all the boys. Joker has had one hell of a life. Between him and his mother, there were days and days and days, of rape, torture of all kinds, abuse and the list goes on. The scars are not just mental and emotional, they are a road map on Joker’s skin. If you can’t handle this kind of story, it would be best to skip it.
Joker knows he’s an angry man. He’s con
Becky
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this. Yet again, a great instalment in the Executioners world with glimpses of Brawlers and the Twirled Ink crews. I love the way all three series are intertwined yet still feel like distinct stories all on their own. Joker had a wonderful hard exterior with a beautifully tortured soft centre and Dem was relentless and determined with his disability intertwined and integral to the story.
Kirk
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, lgbtq
This is the second book in the Executioners series and we finally get Joker’s story. I’ve been waiting for this one as I have a huge soft spot for this hard, closed-off and downright scary guy. To give Jackson Webb the nickname ‘Joker’ is the best example of an oxymoron as I’ve ever come across. Joker isn’t nice, he has a ton of attitude and prefers it if people left him alone - and whatever you do, definitely don’t touch him. At thirty eight years old, he sees no reason to change his demeanour ...more
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR LOVE BYTES

I have been waiting not so patiently for Jokers story – the friend who has such strong morals but always seems to end up behind bars. Violence is the way of Jokers life, he was born to it, he almost died from it and he solves every problem he has with it. The man is left speechless and terrified when Dem enters his life and instead of violence Dem shows compassion, understanding and love. Could Joker really have a chance at what his friends have? Could someone really love
Diverse
Shelves: august-2017-dr
One of my most favorite things about JM Dabney's books is that she writes the imperfect people. They are not models and Gods. They are sometimes overweight, hairy, scarred, broken, you name it. It really pushes the realism at you and you can feel yourself connecting with them better.

In Joker, which is book two in JM Dabney's Executioners Series, we find out his story. You saw him in Ghost, book one, and you know your imagination was getting the better of you. You KNEW there was a story and you K
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-challenge
Joker is amazing!!!!

Omg I love these guys!! I knew I liked Joker when he appeared in the first book of this series, and I bought this book the same time as Ghost. The things poor Joker went through in his childhood....horrible how people could just let that go on. I love how playful Dem is and I hope he gets to stay in the kitchen a bit longer! Really huge surprise in here, I'm not telling but wow! Overall another great book!
Candice
3rd Read 8-2020
GAH! Forgot how much I love Joker!

2nd Read 6-9-19
Love this even more the 2nd time around. Joker has my heart forever!

1st Read 8-30-17
I forkin' LOVE Jackson Webb!!! (view spoiler)

Seriously though, this book killed me.
Suzy
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started out just reading a couple of pages before work....now finished!

Couldn't put this down - Joker broke my heart, the shit life he had been dealt was awful, he NEEDED a guy like Dem to make him see what love he really deserved.
Nakristianna
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
4.5 Stars
Lisa
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5*stars

This is book 2 in the Executioners series and is Joker/Jackson's story.

I knew this one was coming and maybe struggled a little with the possible content, this could've gone in two ways in regard to the childhood abuse and such. It touched on the gritter moments without depth, which thankfully allowed me to read without too much graphic detail - I read to escape and be entertained and although I do enjoy some darker books, I do have my boundaries and comfort zones....

Joker is this huge
Shannon
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aa-recommend
This was so freaking entertaining. I just loved Joker and my heart actually ached for the poor man. Dem was quite the risk taking fireball. He just jumped right in and made himself at home. Watching Joker open up and accept some love was just heartwarming. Watching Dem find someone who didn't think less of him because of his disability was fantastic. This series covers some deep shit but the books aren't long enough to really flesh them out or make me feel like complete hell so I'm liking these ...more
Rachwithheadinabook
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love these two

Another brilliant book from a very talented author who understands that having a disability doesn't define you, that to have survived abuse is an on going situation. Jokers book bring two incredible characters not only together but also to life. I can't believe it took me so long to read it, but so glad I have.
I take my hat off to this author.
I highly recommend all of the books.
Samantha Foster
Amazing

I laughed, cried and fell in love with both Joker and Dem. perfect opposites attract. And Joker finally got his much deserved HEA. JM Dabney is a 1-click auto buy for me. Her characters are unique, hilarious, and awesome with lots of depth. I can't wait for King and Landon's story. The Twirled/Brawler/Executioner world is fantastic and always a great read.
kerryann williams
Book two is also a number one

Book two is written well, reads easily and has you rooted until it's done. Witch you don't want to end. This book shows hopes of a person for everyone even through
hardships . Well worth the money spent. Another great read to the series . I'm hoping for more books and glimpses into this unique Townsville .
Stacey
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreaking and sweet.

I've always known that Joker's story would be horrific. It was worse than imagined. I couldn't imagine any scenario that would bring a man into his life who could break through the 50 foot walls covered in concentino wire that surrounds Joker's heart, body, and soul. Dem was worth it. Add in Mary and it just makes for a perfectly imperfect life.
Jillian Byrd
It'll make you cry

I love how J.M.'s characters are like everyone else. They're not perferct and everyone is flawed because that's how the real world is, but they find happiness in the end.
Kirsten Kropf
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joker's story will bring tears to your eyes and a bunch of laughter! I thought Dem was absolutely perfect for him. This is my favorite in the Executioners Series. Killer was pretty awesome too! Totally Joker's spirit animal. ...more
lucy duncan
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unconventional

Jackson ( Joker ) grew up in house of hell . He killed his father when he was 16 , when he was 8 he thought his had killed his mother . He meets Dem and he doesn't know what to make of him . Dem keeps pushing and Jackson begins finally understand love .
Leci Forde
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not enough words!

This book was so good! I don’t have enough words to describe it and I don’t want to spoil it for anyone! Read the warning, if you are ok, then read the book! It is very heartbreaking yet heartwarming and everything in between!
Gina Evans
Loved Jokers story

I loved jokers and Dems story. Parts of it you need tissues and other parts you wanted ti hit Joker yourself
This is my second all time favorites by J.M.

• Here Comes Trouble (Nothing Special, #3)
  • Nothing Special V (Nothing Special, #5)
  • Embracing His Syn (Nothing Special, #2)
  • Don't Judge (Nothing Special, #4)
  • His Hart's Command (Nothing Special, #6)
  • Lucien (The Marchesi Family, #1)
  • Devil (The Marchesi Family, #3)
  • Angelo (The Marchesi Family #2)
  • Hold Tight (Biker Daddy Bodyguards #4)
  • Stripped (Four Bears Construction #6)
  • Never a Saint (Polished P & P, #2)
  • Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
  • Hold Close (Biker Daddy Bodyguards #2)
  • Maverick (Hell's Ankhor #4)
  • SWAT Ed.: Fox & Bull (Nothing Special, #8)
  • Kayson (Kennedy Ink. #1)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • Dante (Hell's Ankhor #6)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
J.M. Dabney is a multi-genre author who writes Body Positive/Diverse Romance and Fiction. They live with a constant diverse cast of characters in their head. No matter their size, shape, race, etc. J.M. lives for one purpose alone, and that’s to make sure they do them justice and give them the happily ever after they deserve. J.M. is dysfunction at its finest and they makes sure their characters a ...more

Executioners (4 books)
  • Ghost (Executioners #1)
  • King (Executioners #3)
  • Sin & Saint (Executioners #4)

News & Interviews

The last five years of world history have been nothing if not...eventful. When living in interesting times, there's nothing better for...