Start by marking “Fumbled (Playbook, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fumbled (Playbook, #2)

Fumbled

(Playbook #2)

A second chance doesn't guarantee a touchdown in this new contemporary romance from the author of Intercepted.

Single-mother Poppy Patterson moved across the country when she was sixteen and pregnant to find a new normal. After years of hard work, she's built a life she loves. It may include a job at a nightclub, weekend soccer games, and more stretch marks than she anticip
Published April 23rd 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Fumbled, please sign up.
Megsbookclub Yep you can read these as stand alone stories. They refer to the other characters but it doesn't change the storyline!

Start your review of Fumbled (Playbook, #2)
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is hands down my current favorite romance series. It’s p much nonstop swoons from start to finish and I’m obsesseddddd 🥰
Patty
please let this one not be filled with hashtags 🙄
Holly
May 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
After absolutely *loving* the audiobook for Intercepted, I was really looking forward to the release of this latest book by Alexa Martin. Sadly, I was bored out of my mind. I honestly would have quit it if I was not so thoroughly convinced that it HAD to get better based on my love for the prior book. Spoiler alert: it didn't get better.

I really dislike the secret baby trope, and while this was presented as a somewhat unintentional one, I still didn't enjoy it. Add in some drama that came and we
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 4 STARS <3

This series is so addictive, I enjoyed the first book and I adored Fumbled!It has the things I love in a good story, it has a single mother and a second chance romance!Should I say more? The story was sweet and fun and heartwarming!

description

Poppy was a lovable and strong heroine, you can easily relate with her and love her.TK wasn't my favorite from the beginning but while I continue reading I find myself liking him even more!The romance was so sweet , my heart was melting with these two!

Th
ZewsReadingCorner (Booktuber)
More like 2.75 stars.

Let me start off by saying that, if I'd read book #2 I would have given it a 3.5 stars, but seeing as I read, Intercepted first, I'm left with no choice but to feel this way.

I've anticipated this book, the moment I finished book 1 in the series, and waited, for what seemed like a long time, for book 2. It suuuuuuuuucks that I finish this book feeling highly dissapointed and questioning whether I should pick up the 3 book.

What tainted my reading experience was the fact that
Lauren (The Novel Lush)
The downside to reading really good arcs months before they're released is having to wait even longer for the next book.

I started this book on my 30 minute lunch break and in 2 chapters, the characters completely sucked me in! That was at 12:30, it's just after 7pm and I already finished this book.

In fanfiction, I'm a sucker for an athlete romance, but in Fumbled, there aren't any of the outlandishly stereotyped characters or tropes and I'm completely in love with it. TK was completely swoon wor
Jessica
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Berkley Romance has been KILLING it with the romance these past few years. I absolutely loved Intercepted by Alexa Martin when it came out last year and I was so excited to pick up Fumbled. This was another romance in the Intercepted football world and I couldn't wait to dive in.

Poppy Patterson left everything she knew when she was 16 and pregnant to give her unborn child the life he deserves. She's worked hard and now she has a life she's proud of and a little boy who is living the life he des
Hollis
I'm waffling on this one.

I thought I would for sure love this more than INTERCEPTED because of the total lack of hashtags but ultimately things felt so rushed, so glossed over, that some of the real strengths of the characters just didn't get the focus they deserved.

This is a second chance romance with a particular trope I don't tend to love anyway but I thought it would at least get a three. But some of the drama near the end just soured it for me. I do like that Martin focused on very real a
Eilonwy
3-1/2 stars, rounded up because I really enjoyed hanging out with these characters
Poppy Patterson didn't manage to get to college, thanks to the unplanned appearance of her son -- and light of her life -- Ace, when she was 16 years old. But she's doing okay for herself, waitressing at a Denver men's club that features aerialists. Then TK Moore, star wide receiver for the Denver Mustangs -- and Poppy's "don't call him my baby daddy!" (though he doesn't know it yet) -- suddenly reappears in her
Stacee
I had enjoyed the first book in this series, but when I heard this one was going to be about TK, I was nearly beside myself.

I loved Poppy. She's so strong and sassy and underneath that awesome exterior, she's a marshmallow. I love how much she adored her kid and how fierce and loyal she was towards her friends. This group of women is a set I would love to get arrested with. TK is everything I was expecting. He's sweet and charming and sort of like a big kid. I enjoyed his passion for football an
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Fumbled
Series: Playbook #2
Author: Alexa Martin
Release date: April 23, 2019
Cliffhanger: No
Genre: romance

Alexa Martin's debut Intercepted was hilarious and highly entertaining, but her follow up was even better. The snarky narrative that I enjoyed so much was just as present this time in the form of Poppy Patterson. Single mother, waitress, and high school sweetheart of TK, wide receiver for the Denver Mustangs. This is a lighter second-chance romance which was refreshing to read. The majo
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

I was a huge fan of Alexa Martin’s debut novel, Intercepted, so when I heard she’d be writing more stories for the Denver Mustangs football team, I was ecstatic. And even more so when I discovered Fumbled would be a second chance romance, which is my go-to romance trope. Alexa Martin did not disappoint with this second novel – I love the way she writes tough, independent heroines, and the heroes who will do anything for them!

Poppy Patterson is a single mot
Princess
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this from the publisher and Netgalley In exchange for my honest review. This was such a cute funny book. It kept me entertained throughout and the friend group she had was amazing. The romance was wonderful. It all came together perfectly!
Jessica {Litnoob}
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This shit was the absolute cutest thing ever! Firstly I love Alexa Martin and she might be my new favorite football romance writer hands down. She takes the glamor and makes it real and she never hides the ugly side, she’s really honest with the ramifications of playing football.

Poppy was an amazing leading lady, Ace was the sweetest thing ever and TK was as ever my baby. This trio seriously warmed every inch of my heart and I couldn’t be happier after closing the book.
Megha Patel
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Again, another good book by Alexa Martin. Poppy is a fierce and strong character. She does tend to run a little on the stubborn side but it was all for love. And TK was a great character as well, we could see he clearly cared for Poppy and he adored Ace. Seeing all of their relationship blossom throughout the book made me fuzzy inside. I loved how Ace grew to adore TK and Poppy making friends with the NFL wives. And of course, the romance was sizzling between Poppy and TK. Super content with thi ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
The second book in the Playbook series delivers the same smart, snappy writing and multi-dimensional, easy to love characters as the first. I'm so thrilled to have taken a chance on Alexa Martin's writing, because these books are everything for my sappy little football loving heart.

I loved the set-up in Fumbled. Single mom/secret baby and wildly beloved NFL wide receiver? Yes, I was on board, and sucked in immediately. The first part of this book is very strong. I might have liked a little more
nick
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun read! Alexa Martin's debut romance, Intercepted, was a great read and I had high hopes for Fumbled. I'm happy to say that Fumbled was even better than Intercepted for me. I can't say I'm surprised, however. After all, it does have one of my favorite tropes of second chance romance. :)

Poppy, the heroine, was the real MVP. I loved her so much! She was witty, funny, and brave. She had a great engaging personality and I found myself very easily warming up to her. She's had a bit of a rou
mindful.librarian ☀️
(free review copy) LOVED IT. Alexa Martin is now on my list of must-read authors, with her second book being even more delectable than her first. Fierce, strong, hilarious and smart female leads with men who worship them - SO GOOD. I loved how little drama and angst this story had, and it cements my theory that I care zero about football unless it’s in an empowering romance story.

This is 2nd in a series and while it has different main characters I would still recommend reading Intercepted first
Angie Elle
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC from the publisher

Fumbled is book two in Alexa Martin's Playbook series, and having read and enjoyed Intercepted by this author, I knew I was in for a good time. Yes, I loved the romance in this book, but the way this author writes her female friend groups is so much fun! I would love to be friends with Poppy and her gal pals. I love the support they give each other and the fact that even though some of these friendships are brand new, they'd already go to the wall for each other. I
Ira
Sport romance
Second chance
Secret child

Any original storyline on the list above, you think?
No? Yeah it’s a no.

However, I read this book till finished and only break few times and continue to read it again till the end. That’s a compliment, after I tried to read more than 10 books this week, and dropped them after few early chapters, they just couldn’t hold my interest! 🙄🤨😫

This hero is none of those mean heroes who got mad to heroine regarding their child like many in other similar story. Also, e
Sahitya
Intercepted was one of my surprise favorites of last year, and the only reason it took me this long to read Fumbled is because I read some mixed reviews and I didn’t want to be disappointed by the author. I finally decided to pick it up and thanks to my much lowered expectations, it turned out to be an okay read.

The author impressed me a lot in her debut because the characters were well fleshed out and the plot was both deep and entertaining. That same spark was missing a bit in this sophomore a
Eliza

★4 STARS★

Running into your significant ex can be awkward at the best of times, but when your ex is an NFL star TK Moore who happens upon you at your waitressing gig at a strip club; it’s safe to say the awkwardness goes off the Richter scale.

As shocked as Poppy Patterson is, she’s thrown by his excitement at seeing her. As far as she is concerned they ended acrimoniously, and after raising their son alone for the last nine years, the excitement is certainly not reciprocated.

She’s not the pre
Kayla Brunson
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019, romance
Intercepted ★★★☆☆

I was so excited to get to Poppy and TK’s story. While it was enjoyable, it didn’t warm my heart like Intercepted.

It felt great to be back in the world surrounding the Mustangs and all of the characters that we got to know. Alexa Martin has a way of writing relatable heroines. Just like Marlee, Poppy was someone that I easily liked and warmed up to. I loved the relationship she had with Ace and loved all of their moments together. We know that I love cute kids in books!

The best
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Alexa Martin Fans, Romance
4.5 Not a Fumble Insight Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
This was my first Alexa Martin but will not be my last. From the beginning, I could tell this author had a very unique voice and was speaking from experience. Later after finishing the book, I was not surprised to learn of her real-life experience with the NFL. Every reference regarding professional football, the players, the groupies and all of the other issues were seemingly authentic.

Without really going into this tale and giving everythin
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

I loved this new installment into the Playbook family. Poppy and TK had a relationship when they were in high school but secrets and lies tore them apart for 10 years. Poppy becomes a single parent and TK becomes a famous football player until they meet again one night. I liked that this story had some focus on the wives and girlfriends connected to the football league but mainly focused on Poppy and TK's relationship and things that they were journeying through. There was
Kristen
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, ebooks
didn't love this one as much as intercepted.

i was SO excited for this one. i really enjoyed Intercepted and I listen to a podcast that had Alexa Martin as a guest and she just seems super awesome and I want to be her friend. So I fully expected to love this one, I added it to my list as soon as it was on goodreads without even reading the synopsis.

so. second chance romances aren't always my jam. they aren't bad, and some authors do them really well, but the reason i don't love them is because so
Amy
I adore Alexa Martin and her second in the Playbook series was just as good as the first. I really loved how this one yet again stars a confident and amazing heroine! I adored her son, Ace. And the hero, T.K. was fantastic! The entire storyline just grabbed me and didn't let me go. I love how Alexa took on the repercussions of being part of a sport where you receive concussion after concussion. The head injury storyline was quite well done. This one has it all - amazing characters, great story, ...more
Jacob Proffitt
This is second in a series, though you can read it on its own if you like. You have some bleed-over characters, but not in any important way and you wouldn't really miss anything if you skip to this one first.

I'm glad to see that Martin was able to give Poppy her own distinct narrative voice and that it was as effective in this story as Marlee's in the first. The characterization problem manifests as well, however, though at least in a much milder way.

I was drawn in to Poppy from the start and r
Robin
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Summary
Poppy Patterson moved across the country to live with her aunt when she got pregnant at 16. There she built a life she loves with her son. But the one person who can bring it all crashing down shows up one night at the nightclub where she waitresses.
TK Moore is the NFL's hottest wide receiver. His life is football, parties, and women. Seeing Poppy for the first time since she disappeared has him questioning everything he thought he wanted.
But with all the secrets they've never told each o
Jen
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Alexa Martin's writing and Fumbled was a great sports romance. Poppy and TK get their second chance and it was hot, romantic, and oh-so-swoony! I can't wait for more from Ms. Martin!!
The Happily Ever ...: Fumbled - Spoilers 2 17 May 24, 2019 04:43AM
The Happily Ever ...: May - Fumbled 2 20 May 10, 2019 03:56PM

• The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
  • The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • Faker
  • The Boyfriend Project (The Boyfriend Project, #1)
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • Meet Cute
  • The Honey-Don't List
Alexa Martin is a writer and stay at home mom. She lives in Colorado with her husband, a former NFL player who now coaches at the high school where they met, their four children, and a German Shepherd. When she's not telling her kids to put their shoes on...again, you can find her catching up with her latest book boyfriend or on Pinterest pinning meals she'll probably never make. Her first book, I ...more

Playbook (4 books)
  • Intercepted (Playbook, #1)
  • Blitzed (Playbook, #3)
  • Snapped (Playbook, #4)

Articles featuring this book

Take a glance at the romance section in any bookstore and you'll see a tempting assortment of shirtless hunks, breathless duchesses, ...
“I don’t know if most great writers drop an F-bomb into their declarations of love, but unlike most of the heroines in those stories, I love nothing more than a well-placed “fuck” . . . in every way.” 1 likes