Start by marking “Fumbled (Playbook, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fumbled (Playbook, #2)

Fumbled

(Playbook #2)

A second chance doesn't guarantee a touchdown in this new contemporary romance from the author of Intercepted.

Single-mother Poppy Patterson moved across the country when she was sixteen and pregnant to find a new normal. After years of hard work, she's built a life she loves. It may include a job at a nightclub, weekend soccer games, and more stretch marks than she anticip
Expected publication: April 23rd 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Fumbled, please sign up.
Jennifer I did not read the first book, but IMO this book can 100% be read as a standalone. The main characters from the previous book are barely mentioned in…moreI did not read the first book, but IMO this book can 100% be read as a standalone. The main characters from the previous book are barely mentioned in Fumbled. However I suspect that the supporting characters are in both books. Same football team.(less)

Patty
please let this one not be filled with hashtags 🙄
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Woohoo I know what I'm reading soon 😍😍😍 I loved the first book and I'm so excited for this one!!

description

Lauren (The Novel Lush)
The downside to reading really good arcs months before they're released is having to wait even longer for the next book.

I started this book on my 30 minute lunch break and in 2 chapters, the characters completely sucked me in! That was at 12:30, it's just after 7pm and I already finished this book.

In fanfiction, I'm a sucker for an athlete romance, but in Fumbled, there aren't any of the outlandishly stereotyped characters or tropes and I'm completely in love with it. TK was completely swoon wor
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
This was such a fun sports romance/second chance romance. Poppy is a strong, fiesty single mother who I adored. I can’t wait to see what Alexa Martin will bring us next!

Review to come!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Moon Love
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've just finished reading Fumbled. And as a love of sports romances, this is going on my favorites list for this year and maybe even next year, when the book actually releases. It is that good ladies and gentleman. I really enjoyed Intercepted, but in Fumbled Alexa Martin comes into her own. I mean this book is POWERFUL. It's not just the love story, or the characters, it's everything.

Right now I'm in that daze that happens when I'm book drunk. I've had no alcohol to drink but my mind is foggy
Azrah
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as anticipating
Shelves: 2019-release
28/09/18
Yay!!! TK is getting a book! I'm excited for this one!
Dec 15, 2018 is currently reading it
Shelves: netgalley-ebooks
Thanks to netgalley and Berkley for allowing me to read this book.
Heidi
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you liked Alexa Martin's first novel, Intercepted, you're going to love Fumbled. It has all of the same sass, insider's look into the NFL, steam, and romance that you liked, but in a much more polished story. This was a well-told romance. Alexa Martin has a bright future ahead of her.
Chermaine
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Intercepted ( the first book ) and I couldn't wait to read another one.
I was not disappointed!
I hope that what's to come from this author is just as engaging.
There where a lot of tough topics discussed in this book but it defiantly wasn't just thrown in and there were context and imagery that made it a whole conversation and not an afterthought.
Helen
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing read by Alexa Martin. I look forward to reading more from her.
Emily Leyland
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Intercepted, but Fumbled is on another level. The characters are relatable, the romance is hot, and the conflict is so real and not your typical romance fodder. Poppy and TK are a couple you can't help but root for. They have history, they have chemistry, and they both just seem like such GOOD people.

Alexa Martin is quickly becoming one of those authors I watch so I can hungrily grab each new release before everyone else. I read this book on a flight and would've been totally ok with a
Lauren R.
Oh yay I love that this is a second chance romance with TK as the main character!!
Rebekah Gonzalez
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.5 stars

This was one of those books that teetered between a 3 and 4 star rating for me. The story is very cute, and there were certain aspects that I thought were worthy of note, but there were also a few places it fell short for me.

The main character, Poppy, was great and I loved how down to earth she was. However, I personally did not think that there was enough build up leading to her rekindled romance with TK. He did not have to work very hard to be back in her life, and the attract
Rebekah Gonzalez
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

Florence
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: publisher
I liked this more than Intercepted, even though I enjoyed that too.

The characters, dialogue, and plot in this book felt more assured than in Martin’s debut. The dialogue often made me laugh or grin, and there were certain tender-hearted moments that gave me feels. The strongest scenes are definitely between Poppy & her friends, or Poppy & Ace, which were often hilarious in a snort-in-your-wine-glass way. And the plot definitely made more sense to me; Fumbled focused on real issues such a
Kellisa
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
✨ ARC provided by @berkleyromance and @netgalley in exchange for an honest review ✨

Every time I read and love a debut author I have this fear that their next book won’t live up to my expectations. Fumbled by Alexa Martin gets ALL THE STARS. I’ll just cut to the chase, this was a 5 star read for me! I absolutely devoured it.

I loved every aspect of this book, Martin once again created the perfect, diverse romance. I adored the characters in this book, Poppy is such an awesome, independent single
Ann-marie
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first book by this author and will not be my last. Ten years ago Poppy became a pregnant teen by her boyfriend TK who eventually went to play professional football . Due to some misunderstanding she raised their child alone with her aunt. Fast forward to the present time and she comes face to face with TK unbeknownst to him he is not aware that they share a son: And unbeknownst to her she is not aware that his mother never told him she was pregnant. They get over the initial shock of seeing e ...more
Mandy
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of reading Intercepted and Fumbled right after one another. I remember liking TK in Intercepted, so I was happy to go ahead and read his book.

I wasn't disappointed. Fumbled was just as entertaining and engaging as it's predecessor. Humor is definitely a hallmark of Martin's writing and is as sharp as ever in Fumbled. She also deftly addresses the safety issues players and their families face and how it affects the player and family members.

I appreciated how she handled those
Navina Lotay
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fun book. I honestly enjoyed it and read it in about a day. I loved that the main character was a woman of colour, TK sounds hot af, and their chemistry was good. That being said, it wasn't my favourite and there were a lot of areas where I felt the writing was lacking or plot points could have been explored more deeply. Overall though it was fun and I enjoyed it!

Thanks to the publisher for an ARC!
Shalea
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sucked in from the 1st page. I adore how Alexa Martin tied the characters of "Fumbled" in with "Intercepted". It felt as if I was in walking alongside Poppy & TK the entire time. Truly enjoyed this installment in the series. I highly recommend this series.

If only TK Moore existed in the real world :-)
Eden Church | The Required Reading List
This book accomplished the impossible— made me wish my commute would never end. That’s something I never thought I’d say. It was perfect. Treat yourself to this as quickly as you can.

*Thanks to the publisher for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review*
Stacia
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Poppy and TK's story. I actually was hoping for a TK book, after reading Intercepted and loving his character. I hope Alexa keeps writing books in this series because there are so many characters I want to hear more about!
Emma (bookish.em)
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed Martin's follow up to Intercepted and actually really liked that it hints at the previous characters but you can definitely enjoy them each as stand alone novels. Overall I really liked where the book took me. Poppy was a fun character with a strong POV and layers, Ace was freakin adorable. Sometimes I didn't quite believe TK, I felt like he may have given in too easily but maybe he really was that smitten. Who knows. Fun, quick read (devoured it in two days)!
Janie
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This Playbook series is very enjoyable: quick, fun reads with lots of sympathetic characters and engaging relationships. Language and some graphic sex scenes could be objectionable -- but we are talking about the NFL, after all.

I thought this second book was a stronger story and more satisfying than the first in the series (Intercepted), but I really enjoyed it as well. These books make for great weekend reads!

Thanks to NetGalley and Berkley Publishing for introducing me to the series and for
Laura Yamin
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free ARC from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review. My opinions are my own.

A few months ago, I got to read Intercepted by Alexa Martin and I really enjoyed her writing style. This was fresh football romance. When I saw that there was a second book in the series I knew I needed to pick it up.

A few notes about Fumbled. This can be read as a standalone novel. There is mentioned about the characters in Intercepted but they don’t show up in the story.

OK about Fumbled, this is a si
Kristen
ARC received from netgalley in exchange for honest review
Tracee
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Alexa Martin Fans, Romance
4.5 Not a Fumble Insight Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
This was my first Alexa Martin but will not be my last. From the beginning, I could tell this author had a very unique voice and was speaking from experience. Later after finishing the book, I was not surprised to learn of her real-life experience with the NFL. Every reference regarding professional football, the players, the groupies and all of the other issues were seemingly authentic.

Without really going into this tale and giving everythin
Alexa Martin is a writer and stay at home mom. She lives in Colorado with her husband, a former NFL player who now coaches at the high school where they met, their four children, and a German Shepherd. When she's not telling her kids to put their shoes on...again, you can find her catching up with her latest book boyfriend or on Pinterest pinning meals she'll probably never make. Her first book, I ...more

Playbook (2 books)
  • Intercepted (Playbook, #1)