Start by marking “Twelve Months of Awkward Moments” as Want to Read:
Twelve Months of Awkward Moments

Twelve Months of Awkward Moments

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  20 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Dani can’t wait for senior year at college. A straight-A scholar whose anxiety is a daily struggle, being awkward, introverted, and studious has become a way of life. She vows this year will be different. It’s time to move beyond her comfort zone, but that’s not easy.

Dani’s wild roommate and handsome best friend hate each other; her crazy family won’t leave her alone; and
Kindle Edition
Published August 30th 2018 by Torrid Books

To ask other readers questions about Twelve Months of Awkward Moments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twelve Months of Awkward Moments

Dianne
Looking for THAT read that will move your emotions, test your grit and open your eyes to a struggle that millions face on a daily basis? Lisa Acerbo’s TWELVE MONTHS OF AWKWARD MOMENTS is that book. This is NOT a gentle walk in the park, it is the story of one woman’s struggle to re-enter the human race, to function and find a sense of inner peace that will allow her to know more than awkward moments in life.

Dani was the “Good Girl.” She was the studious one, an introvert, the last person who sho
Giselle
Oct 08, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: open-to-requests
BLOG TOUR sign ups are here: http://xpressobooktours.com/2018/09/1...
Grady
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘My life has been transformed by anxiety.’

Connecticut author Lisa Acerbo is a high school teacher and adjunct faculty at Norwalk Community College. Her published works include WEAR WHITE TO YOUR FUNERAL, NO TROUBLE AT ALL, APOCALIPSTICK, MYSTERY MAN IN THE LEATHER HAT, ALMOST WONDERFUL, THE LEATHERMAN COMES TO TOWN and now TWELVE MONTHS OF AWKWARD MOMENTS.

Lisa’s forte is romantic suspense and she proves her finesse in the manner in which she offers the Prologue to this new and excellent book – ‘
Michelle
Twelve Months of Awkward Moments is a new adult romantic suspense by Lisa Acerbo. This book sent me on an emotional roller coaster ride. First, it wasn't at all what I expected it to be. I knew there was a stalker involved, but I didn't know too much more than that other than it was set at a college. I was expecting this to be a light romantic suspense story, heavy on the romance. And I have to tell you, this is a no
Lauren Sapala
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books which you’re planning to read just a few pages of, just to see if you like it, and then two hours later you’re still reading even though you have a bunch of other things you were supposed to do. This is also one of those books that you think about even when you’re not reading it, and you keep trying to figure out ways to cancel other activities just so you can get back to it.

In a word: Addictive.

I absolutely LOVE when a book catches me by surprise like this and I’m s
Dominique Martin
I found this book to be super entertaining and it kept my interest from start to finish. It was not your typical college romance story and had many elements that made it dynamic. I really resonated with the main character and found her experiences both humorous and relatable as a recent college graduate myself. Despite that, I think this book is great for readers of many ages and would definitely recommend it.
Julie
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Twelve Months of Awkward Moments follows college student, Dani, through a difficult senior year. This NA novella is more of a coming-of-age story than any other genre.

Dani comes from a troubled family. Her parents are divorced. Her father suffers from excessive paranoia. Her uncle suffers from an unnamed mental illness. Dani herself is battling with anxiety. At the start of the story, it is hard not to feel Dani’s pain and loneliness mixed in with her fear, negativity and worry about her future.
Patty Wilderman
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dani is starting her last year of college. She is determined to become completely independent. She is a A scholar who has anxiety issues that she battles on a daily basis. She is an introvert who struggles to leave her comfort zone. With the help of her best friends Kyle and Tanya she has survived so far.
With her awkward family demanding her time and her friends pushing her to be more social, Dani faces her toughest challenges yet. Her physiatrist wants her to move past her comfort zone and sta
Ibukun (1-800 Books)
*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review
Dani is a college student who struggles through daily anxiety. In fact, mental illness might just be hereditary for her, since her family is not exactly normal. To make matters worse, she now has a stalker. In this story, we see Dani navigate her awkward life with the help of her more outgoing friends.
I was very interested in reading this book, and although it wasn’t quite what I expected, it still kept me turning the pages. Based o
Pegboard
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Acerbo creates a story centered on Dani, a girl beginning her senior year in college. Twelve Months of Awkward Moments recounts the efforts she takes to handle her anxiety while obeying her therapist’s advice to date more. Dating comes easy for some, but Dani seems to attract guys on the verge of creepy. Her friends, Tanya and Kyle, have to help keep her focused and rescue her from one of these guys who stalked her.

Twelve Months of Awkward Moments has the typical college setting and the hor
Valery
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twelve Months of Awkward Moments by Lisa Acerbo was a bit of a surprise of a book. This book reads like a journal, but hides a much deeper core. Dani is a great girl, just wants to do the right thing, finish college, and get on with her life. But as always, life intervenes, and Dani faces new challenges as a stalker threatens to disrupt everything. What might appear to be a light story on the surface, and certainly the title makes it appear so, this book is much more, truly highlighting the inte ...more
Jo
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is most definitely not your run of the mill romantic suspense novel.  The narrative method of story telling makes this feel more personal, and provides the reader with the opportunity to really forge a connection with Dani.  As a result, this is elevated from a diary-like tale, to something deeper and more complex.

At times more difficult to read, due to the issues Dani deals with, that only strengthens the overall satisfaction gained from the conclusion of the tale.

I voluntarily reviewed an
Hauntedbybooks
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
From the moment I read that title of this book, I wanted to read it! This is one of those books you can't stop reading! I loved the writing and the characters. I think everyone can relate to Dani, regardless of age. This book is faced paced and definitely kept me on my toes! This book is a perfect read for anyone who likes romance and suspense!

InD'tale Magazine
“Twelve Months of Awkward Moments” is a journal, of sorts, of the inner workings of Dani’s mind and heart as she accepts the challenge issued by her therapist.

Read full review in the 2018 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Julius Blitzy
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story and the emotions of the main character seem close to many people. The main character is an introvert girl with a difficult life situation. The story begins that a young girl who has to return to college after the summer holidays, but she is nervous and her doctor Sandra helps her in this - listens attentively. She as a real friend tries to support Dani, finds different ways to solve the problem.

I have noted how the author accurately conveys the feelings of each child before the beginn
Lisa
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to everyone who read and reviewed. This was a very personal story in many ways.
Dakota Star
James Robert
Dan
SD
Find Out More 1 1 Jul 29, 2018 05:23AM
Lisa Acerbo loves to read, write, drink coffee and wine, and rescue foster dogs. Her new book, Twelve Months of Awkward Moments, is due out August 2018 from Torrid Press. She writes under the pen name Dakota Star. The Sweet Life, published under her pen name by Limitless Press, is due out April 2018.