Start by marking “Marigolds for Malice” as Want to Read:

Marigolds for Malice

(Enchanted Garden Mystery #3)

In the third captivating Enchanted Garden Mystery from Bailey Cattrell, Elliana Allbright will need to dig up clues from the past to weed out a killer . . . Elliana Allbright is happy running her perfume shop, Scents & Nonsense, in the charming town of Poppyville, California. And she's even happier when she can use her inherited abilities to infuse her perfumes with an ...more
Audio CD
Published August 28th 2018 by Tantor Audio

To ask other readers questions about Marigolds for Malice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marigolds for Malice

LORI CASWELL
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Elliana Allbright is the owner of Scents & Nonsense where she sells items made with special oils she distills from plants in her own garden. The Enchanted Garden is right next to the shop and abuts right up to her tiny house. The garden is a relaxing place with spots for people to sit and wind down from the stress in their lives. Ellie’s dog, Dash and shop cat, Nabokov have free rein of the area so they may dish out their own kind of comfort too.

Ellie belongs to a women’s
Peggy R
I have enjoyed this series from the beginning and this third book was worth the wait. Marigolds for Malice continues this enchanting series that has just a touch of the paranormal. It is well written and keeps the reader engaged throughout the entire book. This author has created a charming setting, with strong characters and a touch of the other worldly. Elliana Albright once again has the misfortune of finding a dead body. This time it is a member of the Greenstockings, a group of women in the ...more
Karen
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished Marigolds For Malice, by Bailey Cattrell on Sunday. I loved this book. I actually really love the idea for and the way Bailey writes this series. Slightly paranormal, but very light, main character Ellie is blessed with a green thumb and knowledge of plants and essential oils that is clearly her passion and part of her bloodline. With help from her Grandmother's botanical journal, she is able to sense danger, find a cure to what ails you and has the super power of scent. She has a sho ...more
Sue Em
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating cozy with a gentle whiff of paranormal by one of my favorite authors. Welcome to Poppyville, CA where Elliana Allbright runs Scents and Nonsense and keeps finding murders to investigate. Her coterie of friends are charming and the mysteries are well plotted. Highly recommended.
JoAn
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed the first two books in this series and I was so excited when my library notified me that the third one had come in. I read it in one afternoon as I was immediately swept up into the story within the first few pages. Ellie's "nose" for the scents and truth leads her into another adventure. The plot moved swiftly and the twists kept me guessing until the reveal. I hope there will be more.
Patrizia
Devo dire che, sebbene abbia capito subito chi fosse il colpevole, la lettura è comunque stata piacevole. E mi piace che ci siano vari accenni all'aromaterapia.
Natalia
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great addition to what has become one of my favourite cozy mystery series!I cannot say enough good things about this author and her books,I have never read a book by her that I didn't love.I highly recommend this author and I'm looking forward to anything she writes in the future.
Becky
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan of this series, because of the theme, the plant lore, the book covers, the characters, and the writing. Book 3 was such a wonderful and quick read that I am hoping for more books in the Enchanted Garden mysteries. Combining past history and a present day activities made for a clever tale.
OpenBookSociety.com

ISBN 9780451476906
Author Website: cricketmcrae(.)com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Jeanie

Synopsis:

Elliana Allbright is happy running her perfume shop, Scents & Nonsense, in the charming town of Poppyville, California. And she’s even h
Randee
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! From the first book, I was pulled into this world of gardens, flowers, scents and a little bit of magic? The heroine owns a shop that she makes perfumes, soaps, bath oils, etc. that she distills herself from the flowers in her 'enchanted' garden. Her grandmother has left her a book that is handwritten with information from what flowers mean to vague hints to help Elliana (beautiful name) solve the murder mysteries. I would put this series in my top favorite cozies though it i ...more
Kirsten Timmer
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wederom een heerlijk verhaal om te lezen. Ik geniet van haar beschrijvingen van kruiden en planten in combinatie met een detective verhaal.
Katie
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book in the series. This was perfect for an October cozy read! I love the Poppyville world and the characters. This was a great next installment.
Jae
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellie and the women's business group she's part of are busy opening a new museum devoted to Poppyville's past. While searching for items to display, they come across a time capsule. When the capsule is opened, it contains a small, botanical manuscript that Ellie is inexplicably drawn to. In addition to the manuscript, there is a photo of a woman who looks much like Ellie, a page from a journal, and a gold nugget. Later that evening, Ellie can't get the manuscript and the photo out of her mind. S ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Elliana Allbright owns a lovely shop named 'Scents and Nonsense' Elliana also is a member of a local business group, The Greenstockings. The Greenstockings are busy opening up a historical society museum. An old butter churn is discovered and the Greenstockings decide that it must be a time capsule. Eager to get favorable publicity for the new museum, the entire town is invited to view the unsealing of the butter churn.

There are many interesting items inside the churn, however, Elliana gets a st
Marie McNary
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book will leave you enchanted under the spell of Cattrell’s wonderful writing and characters.

This series is just magical. I am very interested in gardening, natural wellness, and aromatherapy, so I am the target audience of this book for sure. Bailey Cattrell paints a wonderful picture of both the characters and the setting and sets up a world you can’t help but be invested in.

Sub-Themes
magic, garden, essential oils, fragrance, natural healing, local history, woman business owner, small co
LauraWhitmer Bradach
This series just keeps getting better. Interesting characters, intriguing plot. Great plot twists.
Ellie is happily running her shop Scents & Nonsense. While helping with a local history project they discover an old yellow churn with the lid sealed on. A time capsule! What a find! Making a big production out of opening it could bring history fanatics and tourists flocking to the town. History professor Eureka Sanford is murdered in the museum, the contents of the time capsule are stolen.
Elli
April
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellie and a group of women business owners find a sealed butter churn when they are going through town historical items. The main historical expert Eureka Sanford is murdered the night the butter churn is opened. Who did it and why? As Ellie investigates people around her come into danger.
Well written there is a historical mystery as well as a mystery in the modern day.
Ritter comes back to see Ellie. Astrid gets involved with a new man who has secrets of his own.
I enjoyed this third enchanted g
Liz V.
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lori Caswell, https:/www.escapewithdollycas.com, provided this book just when I needed a cozy mystery. Generally I try to start new series with the first book, but the third in this series was the one at hand.

A retired professor/author, Eureka, is murdered in a newly opened museum, and the contents of a just discovered time capsule are stolen.

Ellie has had some success in solving murders, and Eureka's friends want Ellie to do so again. Ellie has her own reasons for wanting to solve the crimes. B
Ann
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 3 in the Enchanted Garden Mystery series and it's easily read as a stand alone. Ellie and her dog Dash run her perfume shop and are members of the Greenstockings, a group that is helping open a gold mining museum. When they discover a time capsule while cleaning out an old cabin , someone doesn't want the contents put on display. This series has a hint of the paranormal and is a good read. I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Sara
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Cattrell blends murder and the mystical in her latest enchanted garden mystery. Ellie is helping sort through donations for a new town museum when her senses are piqued by what appears to be a time capsule. Before she gets a chance to look at a mysterious manuscript from within it, its contents are stolen and a friend is murdered. I enjoyed how Cattrell incorporates the language of flowers and herb lore into the mystery in a unique way, and also how she develops Ellie's relationships while still ...more
Karen Cleary
2.5 * I read all 3 of these because I got them out of the library before Christmas, as part of the "I have to have enough books to last till January" collection, and I'll start to read almost anything at the moment. At least they were entertaining enough for me to finish, I have another pile of "life's too short to waste on finishing this rubbish" books.
Sheri Heiner
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely a great little mystery!

I fully enjoy every series by this author. The first of the bakery books was a gift and now I think I've found them all. I highly recommend them for anyone who enjoys an all around fun to read book. The characters are great. You'll want to learn more about them.🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Amanda
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love this series. Don't you just wish you could spend the day in Ellie's enchanted garden? The author just paints such a vivid picture of it. Plus the mystery was a good one! I love the little supernatural aspect these books have to offer.
4 stars
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book, which I voluntarily chose to review.
Dominique G. Riddick
Marigolds for Malice

I enjoyed this Enchanted Garden book, it's a long wait between Ms. Cates/Cattrell's books in the different series,but she never disappoints. I would have never guessed the killed in the cast of suspects.

I recommend this book and series.
Anne Leazar
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This series is brand new to this reader. I have read all three books, and the third installment is the best one yet. The characters are very entertaining and very California Boho, which I love. I cannot wait for the next book in this unique series.
Carla Eacret
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome mystery from Ms. Cattrell!!! Her mysteries are always well plotted with lots of tidbits of information about flowers and plants. Of course, must not forgot about the great connection between Ellie and Ritter!
Vicky Coughlan
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good fun read by this author. I thought I had the murderer pegged down but got a big surprise at the end.
Angela
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying this series. I'm interested to see where the mystery involving the main character is going.
ANNE
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adore this series!
Jodi
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I couldn’t really get into the whole story. The victim died too soon to feel a connection to her.
  • To Catch a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery #8)
  • Bells, Spells, and Murders (Witch City Mystery #7)
  • By Familiar Means (Witch's Cat Mystery, #2)
  • A Magical Match (A Witchcraft Mystery #9)
  • Potions and Pastries (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #7)
  • A Killing Notion (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery, #5)
  • Hex on the Ex (A Mind for Murder, #3)

Enchanted Garden Mystery (3 books)
  • Daisies for Innocence (Enchanted Garden Mystery, #1)
  • Nightshade for Warning (Enchanted Garden Mystery, #2)