Start by marking “Weird But True! USA” as Want to Read:
Weird But True! USA

Weird But True! USA

It's weird. It's true. And now, it's red, white, and blue! Explore the wonderfully wacky side of the United States of America Weird But True! style.

Calling all patriots! Get ready to explore wacky wonders, facts, stats, tidbits, and trivia about America's 50 states and territories! Did you know that there is a floating post office in Michigan? Or that a library book checke
Published March 19th 2019 by National Geographic Society

To ask other readers questions about Weird But True! USA, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weird But True! USA

Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
We received a free physical copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review!

Weird But True! readers, both new and veteran, will enjoy this fun little book filled with 300 fascinating facts about the fifty states!

Get ready to learn some quirky but true facts about the United States of America! This entertaining book will make you laugh, wonder, and utter a few 'wow's with its plethora of interesting facts.
Each fact is paired with a colorful background image or design that
Tode
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series always blows me away. The facts in this book are MIND BLOWING! But some of them are in fact weird. (The facts about Illinois are the weirdest for some reason,) but yeah, a great book to read. It was also really quick for me to get through, it took me an hour and twenty minutes to finish but, I gave it a five out of five, these books always meets my expectations.
Meg McGregor
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trivia
I really like learning new things from a "children's book!"

This was a very entertaining, and lavishly illustrated, book of USA trivia!

Please enjoy these trivia gems!

A. Colonial Americans made candy out of potatoes.

B. The American flag's official colors are: Old Glory Red, White, and Old Glory Blue.

C. Before Phoenix, AZ, became an official city, it was called Pumpkinville.

D. The Colorado State Fair holds a pet rock Olympics; including a prize for the best-dressed rock.

E. Hot dogs, got their name
Vicki
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is another example of adults being able to enjoy books geared toward children. I love NatGeo Kids books!

I really enjoyed reading this book and I learned quite a bit. Here are a few things I learned:

1. An NFL game lasts longer than 3 hrs. but the ball is only in play for an average of 11 minutes.

2. In 1965 the Ohio General Assembly made tomato juice Ohio’s official beverage. Adoption of an official beverage coincided with the Tomato Festival held in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. (I never knew thi
Elizabeth Reid
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-reviews
This is a fun fact book geared toward kids but interesting for adults as well. My middle grader loved this and I loved how much he loved it. Here's my full review: http://agoodreid.blogspot.com/2019/06...
Two BookWorms Blog
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Here is a sample of what to expect with this volume:
What is the official state snack of Utah?

For the full review: https://twobookwormsblog.wordpress.co... (You'll find the answer here!)
Aeicha
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This engaging and unputdownable little book is chock full of the wackiest, zaniest, and coolest USA facts that you gotta read to believe! Young readers will have a blast exploring each fun page and walk away with some impressive new facts. Perfect for road trips!
Jessica Brunsman
Emily
Jul 02, 2019
Claireannraspotnik
Jul 17, 2019
With more than 600 titles—including the popular Weird But True franchise and the New York Times Best Selling National Geographic Kids Almanac—National Geographic Kids Books is the recognized leader in nonfiction for kids. Published in 28 languages, NGK Books reaches approximately 85 million kids every year.

Offering K-12 educators resources that align to and support the Common Core State Standards,