Start by marking “Star Brides: The Meat Market (Star Brides #2)” as Want to Read:
Star Brides: The Meat Market (Star Brides #2)

Star Brides: The Meat Market

(Star Brides #2)

Welcome to the ‘meat market.’ It’s the bridal fair from hell. Officially known as the Outer World Citizens’ Spousal Bazaar and Expo, it’s the place where a woman can leave her past behind and start a new life-with a new mate of course.

Tamsyn Laehn is desperate. She’s stuck in a lousy job and miserable life. When Tamsyn accompanies her best friend to the meat market, she
Published July 3rd 2018 by Siren Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Star Brides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Brides

Start your review of Star Brides: The Meat Market (Star Brides #2)
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
The Meat Market is the second book in the Star Brides series, but can be read as a standalone. It is actually a bit of a misnomer. I thought we would start off by 'seeing' the Meat Market, but no. Instead, we dive right into the story and only learn about the market through Tasmyn's remembrances.

Basically, she went there with a friend, got tangled up with a creature, and ended up being 'married' to two men, brothers. She goes back to their planet, to find out everything has changed, and they are
J.L. Peridot
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
"The Meat Market" tells of a reluctant bride who unwittingly falls into a forced marriage. Her hot, muscular husbands are a pair of disenfranchised Zuntx warriors (who you may remember from "Procured") who must come to terms with the "new" way of coexisting with "their" females.

What I love about this author's work is how it makes me reflect on today's changing status quo. Where the first Star Brides offered insights into how social norms can affect the women of a culture, this book portrayed the
Readalot
Nov 05, 2018
Tash
Jul 06, 2018
Pia Manning
Jul 24, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jenny
marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2018
Angela
added it
May 28, 2019
I live in the back of beyond Wisconsin with my spousal unit, three rotten cats and two spoiled furbabies. When not writing books, I assist local nonprofits in their mission through grant writing, event planning, and fundraising. I've been known to do pet laundry at the local humane society.
I write for myself-writing has become a refuge of sorts-and anyone who needs a vacation but can't leave

Star Brides (2 books)