Start by marking “All the Wrong Places” as Want to Read:
All the Wrong Places

All the Wrong Places

Four women--friends, family, rivals--turn to online dating for companionship, only to find themselves in the crosshairs of a tech-savvy killer using an app to target his victims in this harrowing thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of See Jane Run and The Bad Daughter.

A husband's death, a difficult divorce, a brutal break-up, dissatisfaction with a boring r
Published March 12th 2019 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about All the Wrong Places, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Wrong Places

Kaceey
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
This is the second book I’ve read from Joy Fielding. While I’ve heard nothing but fabulous reviews for her books, the first one I read The Bad Daughter left me feeling as though I had missed something.
So I was determined to give her another try, and so glad I did! I get it now! I can see why she’s been a huge influence of the domestic-suspense genre for so long.

Married or single, the relationship between 4 women are put to the test as they attempt to discover or rekindle love.

Paige isn’t having
Dita
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I don't know what it is about books that highlight the dangers of on-line dating but I am such a sucker for a good one and this one is great!

Paige, her bestie Chloe, her mom, Joan, and her hilariously awful cousin, Heather, all dip their toes in the pool of on-line dating. One of them will intersect with a serial killer who calls himself Mr. Right Now.

Told from multiple POVs, including the killer's, which I always love, this book managed to be funny (usually Heather's awfulness but also some of
Carrie
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
While All the Wrong Places by Joy Fielding is a thriller read it’s also another book that gave me a serious craving for a bowel of popcorn with each turn of the page. The story offers up a lot of drama to go along with it’s more suspenseful side. With multiple points of view which even includes one from our serial killer you can’t help but become immersed in the drama.

Paige had been in a relationship that she thought would last forever, that is until walking in on her boyfriend with her cousin,
Katie B
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was one of those books which you find out at the beginning something horrible is going to happen and the rest of the story is everything that led to that moment. So from the get go you know this is going to be a disturbing story but you have this compelling need to see it all play out. I honestly wasn't expecting to whip through this book in a day, but that's exactly what I did. This was my first time reading anything by the author, and I look forward to checking out her other books.

Paige's
Susanne  Strong
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
3.5 Stars* (rounded up)

Extremely Entertaining and Highly Readable!

Four women desperately want a man and turn to online dating to find him. Tsk tsk..

Paige is highly intelligent, pretty and successful - up until now, that is. She always had everything going for her till she lost her job and her competitive cousin Heather stole her boyfriend Noah out from under her. If Heather has it her way, everything Paige has ever had will be hers.

Chloe is Paige’s bestie. Chloe is totally gorgeous and is marri
Amy-GallivantingPages
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-netgalley
*** 5 Stars ***
Expected Publication: March 12, 2019

Loooooooove this book! My favorite read of 2019 so far. Such a fast paced thrilling read until the very end that really makes you think twice about online dating and the scary world we live in. I really loved Paige, the main character. Her mom Joan and her best friend Chloe were well developed and likeable as well.
Her cousin, Heather, well she's heinous to say the least.
This book has it all: love, lust, deceit, murder, strained relationships wi
Bridgett
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
When "Mr. Right Now" turns out to be Mr. Wrong...on oh-so many levels.

Okay, I'm not going to lie, I had a feeling how All the Wrong Places would end...and I was correct. But you know what? I didn't even care that it was fairly obvious because the conclusion was so diabolical and deliciously satisfying, I felt like cheering.

This story was such a pleasant surprise! I didn't know what to expect going in, as this is my first Joy Fielding novel, but the serial killer on on-line dating sites has al
Cassie-Traveling Sister-
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
To say I loved this book would be an understatement! The opening scene alone let’s you know you have opened up an amazing book! A handsome serial killer is torturing a woman he met online and stops to answer the phone to talk to his next victim he’s planning on murdering! The man uses the name Mr. Right Now and he has been murdering woman he has met on online dating sights all around the Boston area for a few months. He has it down he only lives in cities for a few months and moves on. He texts ...more
Dave
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Fielding offers us a modern-day thriller about the angst of on-line dating and the terror that one can accidentally stumble across when one should know better. Part Looking for Mr.Goodbar and part Night Stalker, the story places out against a backdrop of everyday life and everyday problems, with terror lurking in the background. The big city is scary. Be careful. Be on your guard. A fairly easy read, it's target audience is probably the female reader.
Julie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Thanks to Random House - Ballatine and NetGalley for an advanced read in exchange for this review.

This book is categorized as a thriller about online dating.  There's someone called Mr. Right Now who plans a special evening for an unlucky lady who will find herself dying a slow death at the end of the date.  Paige, her terrible cousin, Heather, Paige's mom Joan, and her best friend Chloe all try online dating.  One of them is going to be swiping right on Mr. Right Now.

I didn't see much of a thri
Lisa
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: march-2019
Thank you to Penguin Random House Canada for sending me a copy of All The Wrong Places as part of your Pre-Pub Club Giveaways!
All The Wrong Places by Joy Fielding publishes March 12

It has taken me a few days to write this review. Mostly because the summary on the back was nothing like the book and that always annoys me. I did not want that annoyance to affect this review.
For me, All The Wrong Places was not a thriller about a man who targets women through online dating. It was a drama about 4 wo
Donna Hines
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
What could possibly go wrong when 4 women seek love online?
No seriously???
Well for one these ladies are quite an adventure in and of themselves and that's what the story relies heavily upon is there quirks and sense of character or better yet judgement.
Not to mention we have a nut case running around killing women in the area while using an alias online to hide the real persona.
All the Wrong Places shows that you really can't let your guard down even when your own family seems to have your back
Laurie • The Baking Bookworm
All The Wrong Places is a story that combines the complicated relationships of four women who have varying degrees of unhappiness in their love lives. These women turn to online dating to find love but a couple of them get more than they bargain for. This was an entertaining, albeit predictable, story that I read in a couple of days but it's not the book I had expected to read.

The book's blurb is touted as a thriller and it starts off strong with a wonderfully creepy vibe with a sadistic killer
Christine Lowe
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Joy Fielding is a writer who tells a great story. She invites the reader into the world she has created and I've never been disappointed by any of her work. All the Wrong Places is primarily about relationships. Paige Hamilton is the central character. She's smart and caring and successful in her career. Her life took an unexpected nose dive when her company is bought up by a larger firm who brought in all their own people and Paige lost her job. She came home early one day and found her boyfrie ...more
Elaine
Jan 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to NetGalley for a Kindle ARC of All The Wrong Places.

This is not a thriller; you already know who the baddie is.

It's really a closer look at the relationship drama between a mother, Joan and her daughter, Paige; Paige and her BFF, Chloe, and Paige's contentious relationship with her cousin, Heather and the dangers inherent in online dating, prevalent considering our modern age.

Be warned, there are many unsympathetic characters here and I'm not talking about the serial killer.

There ar
Janeadams Adams
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The wrong date with a man who styles himself as Mr. Right Now on multiple on-line dating sites is a set-up for this riveting thriller about a mother, daughter, her rival and her best friend who are - you guessed it - looking for love in all the wrong places.. It's a publishing trope these days - serial killers who stalk their prey on line and naive or just unwitting victims - but Fielding is an accomplished writer who handles even well-worn plots with style and drive.
Melanie
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I became a fan of Joy Fielding years ago, and was a little surprised and thrown off with this novel. The writing style is unlike her other novels and is less dark and gripping. The storyline is great, it’s modern and focuses on online dating, which we all know has its dangers. Throw in a handful of strong characters with different personalities, and a creative author who has a knack with writing suspenseful thrillers, and you have a book that is begging to be read. I foresee a future movie to be ...more
Jypsy
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
All The Wrong Places is a story of a very relevant topic, online dating. This book might make you think twice about it. A thrilling engaging story that got my attention and held it all the way to the end. A great read.
Lee
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
All the Wrong Places is a fascinating mix of thriller, family drama and the story of a serial killer. It is an interesting look at online dating and some of the possible dangers. It was a bit confusing at times with all the different characters but as the story unwinds everything got sorted out. There are many surprises, twists and turns that kept me in suspense until the shocking, abrupt conclusion, making this an enjoyable read.
Michael David
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE WRONG PLACES is a perfect thriller to come out at what is probably the height of online "dating." Paige is a once successful woman who had the perfect job and perfect boyfriend. When both of them end and she finds herself moving back in with her mother, Joan, until she can get back on her feet, she decides to try her luck at online dating. Unfortunately there are some missing women in the area and it turns out there is a serial killer who uses an online dating site to meet his victims an ...more
Cyndi
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Joy Fielding’s latest examines the intertwined lives of four Bostonian women who, through the world of online dating, unwittingly become involved with a psychotic serial killer.

I’m a huge Fielding fan, but this was just ok for me. The writing is good but the big question propelling the plot forward was not interesting or exciting enough for me, causing me not especially to care about the outcome. At times, this was much more of a character study on the four women than a thriller. I would have l
Wendy-Lynn
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Net Galley and the Publisher for giving me the opportunity to read and review "All the Wrong Places" by Joy Fielding. I can't tell you how excited I was to find out I was approved to read this. I have been a Joy Fielding fan for many years and "Still Life" is one of my all time favorites. Unfortunately, I was disappointed in this one. The basic premise is about women on dating sites looking for Mr. Right swipe right on "Mr. Right Now" and end up dead. This read like a weekend Lifeti ...more
Shannon Dyer
Mar 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019, arc
Ridiculous! Review to come at AAR.
Naomi
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
really reallly distrubing and grusome
Tarrah Marie
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Joy Fielding offers an eerie account of what can happen when a serial killer lingers in the anonymity of online dating.

While this book started out with potential and strong character build, the narrative ended up feeling drawn out and convoluted as we waited to see how all the cursory characters melted into the main plot. It felt as if there were two separate stories being told at multiple points in the book. Unfortunately, this unwoven plot took away from the anticipation element. It ended up b
Jill
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book delved into multiple characters and their stories but they were all somehow related. I really liked the story and thought the ending was good. It really surprised me.
Sue Fernandez
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Random House/Ballantine and Net Galley for an advanced read of this title. I have enjoyed Joy Fielding's books for years, and I was excited to delve into her latest. This book narrates between several characters, including mother/daughter, a cousin, and a best friend. Some are more likable than others, but to me this is a good character development if I can't stand some of them. That said, it gives us an inside look into dating, and some of the risks women truly could face in today' ...more
Jeanne
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
The characters and plot kept me interested although I thought knew what the ending would be, I was right but it still surprised me with an ironic last few paragraphs.
Thank you to the publisher and netgalley for this arc in exchange for an honest review
Christa
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-arc
This was another fantastic book by Joy Fielding. It captivated me from the beginning and held my attention throughout. This book is about four women whose lives are connected. Paige was my favorite character, but I enjoyed her mother, Joan, and best friend, Chloe, as well. Cousin Heather is one of those characters that I loved to hate. This book focuses on the world of online dating. The plot is clever, and I really liked how it all played out. It seems harsh in one instance, but I thought that ...more
Dawn Byers
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You can count on Fielding to write a thrill and once again she has written a great one -
I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review -
Paige and Heather are cousins and sadly everything that Paige has - Heather wants -
So when Paige looses her boyfriend to Heather she joins a dating site.
She discovers a very handsome man names Mr. Right - but is he really who he says he is?
Grab this book for a thrilling read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Dear Wife
  • Someone Knows
  • Before She Was Found
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • The Last House Guest
  • Her Secret Son
  • Because
  • One Summer in Paris
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Fire in the Stars (An Amanda Doucette Mystery #1)
  • After the End
  • Dangerous Beauty (Dangerous Beauty, #1)
  • Woman 99
  • One Night at the Lake
  • The Perfect Plan
  • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
  • Blood Orange
  • The Better Sister
Joy Fielding (née Tepperman; born March 18, 1945) is a Canadian novelist and actress. She lives in Toronto, Ontario.

Born in Toronto, Ontario, she graduated from the University of Toronto in 1966, with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. As Joy Tepperman, she had a brief acting career, appearing in the film Winter Kept Us Warm (1965) and in an episode of Gunsmoke. She later changed her last n