Start by marking “All the Wrong Places” as Want to Read:
All the Wrong Places

All the Wrong Places

Four women--friends, family, rivals--turn to online dating for companionship, only to find themselves in the crosshairs of a tech-savvy killer using an app to target his victims in this harrowing thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of See Jane Run and The Bad Daughter.

A husband's death, a difficult divorce, a brutal break-up, dissatisfaction with a boring
Published March 12th 2019 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about All the Wrong Places, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Pat
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Polly Wilson
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of All the Wrong Places
Dita
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't know what it is about books that highlight the dangers of on-line dating but I am such a sucker for a good one and this one is great!

Paige, her bestie Chloe, her mom, Joan, and her hilariously awful cousin, Heather, all dip their toes in the pool of on-line dating. One of them will intersect with a serial killer who calls himself Mr. Right Now.

Told from multiple POVs, including the killer's, which I always love, this book managed to be funny (usually Heather's awfulness but also some of
Kaceey
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
This is the second book I’ve read from Joy Fielding. While I’ve heard nothing but fabulous reviews for her books, the first one I read The Bad Daughter left me feeling as though I had missed something.
So I was determined to give her another try, and so glad I did! I get it now! I can see why she’s been a huge influence of the domestic-suspense genre for so long.

Married or single, the relationship between 4 women are put to the test as they attempt to discover or rekindle love.

Paige isn’t having
Katie B
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was one of those books which you find out at the beginning something horrible is going to happen and the rest of the story is everything that led to that moment. So from the get go you know this is going to be a disturbing story but you have this compelling need to see it all play out. I honestly wasn't expecting to whip through this book in a day, but that's exactly what I did. This was my first time reading anything by the author, and I look forward to checking out her other books.

Paige's
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
I started reading All the Wrong Places on 5/17/2019 and finished it on 5/22/2019. This book is an excellent read. I love the first chapter, definitely a strong start to hook in readers’ attention. The chapters following after that was slow building, but still an interesting enough to read that I didn’t want to put it down. I was hoping the killer to be among the men the four main women characters were involved with but I was disappointed to find out that he’s his own mystery person. I do like ...more
Carrie
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
While All the Wrong Places by Joy Fielding is a thriller read it’s also another book that gave me a serious craving for a bowel of popcorn with each turn of the page. The story offers up a lot of drama to go along with it’s more suspenseful side. With multiple points of view which even includes one from our serial killer you can’t help but become immersed in the drama.

Paige had been in a relationship that she thought would last forever, that is until walking in on her boyfriend with her cousin,
NZLisaM
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
You're Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places!

A serial killer hunts for female victims via dating apps. His chance encounter with Paige (a member of Match Sticks – love the name btw) places her life, her mother's, her best friend's, and her cousin's, in danger.

Contemporary drama romance with a side of serial strangler. An entertaining, humorous read, that highlights the pitfalls of the dating scene and meeting men online – fake or embellished profiles, skeevy creeps, and uncomfortable first
Nadia
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
The last time I read Joy Fielding I was 15 and discovered her books in my local library. See Jane Runis the one that made the biggest impression but I remember enjoying all of her books.

All The Wrong Placesmakes a nice holiday read. It's not the most gripping novel I've ever read but at the same time I was curious to see how the story ended for all the characters. There's a serial killer hiding behind an online dating profile, Paige who recently broke up with her boyfriend after he cheated on
Susanne  Strong
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
3.5 Stars* (rounded up)

Extremely Entertaining and Highly Readable!

Four women desperately want a man and turn to online dating to find him. Tsk tsk..

Paige is highly intelligent, pretty and successful - up until now, that is. She always had everything going for her till she lost her job and her competitive cousin Heather stole her boyfriend Noah out from under her. If Heather has it her way, everything Paige has ever had will be hers.

Chloe is Paige’s bestie. Chloe is totally gorgeous and is
Diana
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I would describe All the Wrong Places as both a thriller/suspense as well as drama. We rotate between 1 man’s and 4 women’s point of views. It’s clear from early on that there is danger in Boston and online daters need to beware!

The opening scene is great — definitely grabbed my attention immediately by jumping right in with the suspenseful part of the book. Then we meet the rest of the main characters who are all struggling with their significant others in one way or another. My favorite
Elaine
Jan 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to NetGalley for a Kindle ARC of All The Wrong Places.

This is not a thriller; you already know who the baddie is.

It's really a close look at the relationship drama between a mother, Joan and her daughter, Paige; Paige and her BFF, Chloe, and Paige's contentious relationship with her cousin, Heather and the dangers inherent in online dating, prevalent considering our modern age.

Be warned, there are many unsympathetic characters here and I'm not talking about the serial killer.

There are
Luvtoread
Beware! Online Dating!

Interesting and current topics.

There is a serial killer on the move stalking the online matchmaking sites. The story centers around a young career woman named Paige who recently and suddenly ended a relationship when she found her cousin and live-in boyfriend in a very compromising position and quickly moved in with her widowed seventy year old mother who lives close by to her best friend Chloe, who seems to be in a bad relationship as well. Paige decides to try online
Julie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Thanks to Random House - Ballatine and NetGalley for an advanced read in exchange for this review.

This book is categorized as a thriller about online dating. There's someone called Mr. Right Now who plans a special evening for an unlucky lady who will find herself dying a slow death at the end of the date. Paige, her terrible cousin, Heather, Paige's mom Joan, and her best friend Chloe all try online dating. One of them is going to be swiping right on Mr. Right Now.

I didn't see much of a
Natalie M
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars at best, very blah ...
Predictable, repetitive, uninspiring characters, far too long for what little happens...there are moments where I thought it may pick up and become something more but alas very pedestrian.
Amy-GallivantingPages
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-netgalley
*** 5 Stars ***
Expected Publication: March 12, 2019

Loooooooove this book! My favorite read of 2019 so far. Such a fast paced thrilling read until the very end that really makes you think twice about online dating and the scary world we live in. I really loved Paige, the main character. Her mom Joan and her best friend Chloe were well developed and likeable as well.
Her cousin, Heather, well she's heinous to say the least.
This book has it all: love, lust, deceit, murder, strained relationships
Rachel Hall
Mass-market female relationship drama masquerading as an online dating serial killer thriller.

All the Wrong Places opens captivatingly, with a psychopathic serial killer who goes by the online alias of Mr Right Now luring his latest victim to her death in Boston and with his eyes firmly set on the woman who is to be his “crowning achievement”. After this punchy start I was hoping that despite being underwhelmed by Joy Fielding’s recent efforts, which have put suspense secondary to histrionics,
Melody McNamara
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a quick and entertaining read that I thoroughly enjoyed. I've been a big fan of Joy Fielding for many years, preferring her older books to the more recent ones, which I don't always love. This was one of her best books in recent years. Not a "harrowing thriller" as described on the blurb, yet a suspenseful and addictive story centering on 4 women and a serial killer. I love the author's writing style, and the timely premise made this a very readable and engrossing book that drew me ...more
Dave
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Fielding offers us a modern-day thriller about the angst of on-line dating and the terror that one can accidentally stumble across when one should know better. Part Looking for Mr.Goodbar and part Night Stalker, the story places out against a backdrop of everyday life and everyday problems, with terror lurking in the background. The big city is scary. Be careful. Be on your guard. A fairly easy read, it's target audience is probably the female reader.
Bridgett
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
When "Mr. Right Now" turns out to be Mr. Wrong...on oh-so many levels.

Okay, I'm not going to lie, I had a feeling how All the Wrong Places would end...and I was correct. But you know what? I didn't even care that it was fairly obvious because the conclusion was so diabolical and deliciously satisfying, I felt like cheering.

This story was such a pleasant surprise! I didn't know what to expect going in, as this is my first Joy Fielding novel, but the serial killer on on-line dating sites has
Cassie-Traveling Sister-
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
To say I loved this book would be an understatement! The opening scene alone let’s you know you have opened up an amazing book! A handsome serial killer is torturing a woman he met online and stops to answer the phone to talk to his next victim he’s planning on murdering! The man uses the name Mr. Right Now and he has been murdering woman he has met on online dating sights all around the Boston area for a few months. He has it down he only lives in cities for a few months and moves on. He texts ...more
Melissa In The City
Jul 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc
I just wasn't that into this book. The characters were unlikeable, the plot was long and drawn out and everything about it was comparable to a really bad teen horror movie book of cliches.
What I couldn't get over was why wasn't anyone else in Boston worried about this supposed serial killer? It would have been much more interesting to have that be more of the plot instead of the fluff with an 80 year olds birthday party. Yes there were a few mentions of the missing "Tiffany" but no one really
Amanda McGill
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
For full review - The Limit of Books Does Not Exist

Right away the opening chapter caught my attention. I started the novel without reading the description and I was hooked immediately. All seems like it is going well, a couple going on their first date, learning about what has brought them to this point and then a totally 180 shift, where we learn that this date is not going to end well.

I don’t know what it says about me that I got excited when the mood shifted and things got dark and creepy.
January
Wow, really enjoyed the flow of this book.
The story was very interesting, the writing style was never dull and flowed very smooth.
The characters were interesting and really made you pay attention to each one individually.
On the edge of my seat wanting to read the next one to find out what happens!!!
.. BUT THERE IS NO NEXT ONE.... AGGGHHHHH.
Miss Fielding! No no nonononono. MOOOREEEEE.
Please....
Hats off to Joy Fielding; YOU. ARE. FANTASTIC.
Recommend. ! ! !
Liv
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
What an incredibly stupid way to end a book
Darren
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nls
I could not give this a five star rating because of the way the book ended. It was excellent, up until the very end. I will not spoil it, however, we are left with a few questions.
Bookread2day
Every man on a dating site over exaggerate their profile.

But one never expects a guy to be thinking about his next victim.

This is what made me choose to read All The Wrong Places. I liked the question on the front cover of this book, that hi lights the danger of online dating sites. You always know who your meeting online don't you?

This story is set in Boston.

A dating app just seems the right way to meet a guy.

Mr. Right Now is a dark horse, when he makes sure he turns the question to his
Miriam Smith
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up to 4.

After the unexpected reveal in the first chapter I was drawn into the story immediately and found it a fast, easy read both entertaining and undemanding.
Highlighting the dangers of online dating and the emotional turmoil of choosing a date, there’s enough in this book to put me off online dating websites for life, if I was so inclined. The fact that most profiles are nearly always fake or embellished with false detail, it really does make you stop and think, who it is
Lisa Bowen
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
It was to easy to know what was going to happen in this book. I was not going to finish this book because the story was not what I usually read. I like Joy other book better. I gave it because it not horrible book. It had a decent story to it. It took me too long to read it. ...more
Lisa
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: march-2019
Thank you to Penguin Random House Canada for sending me a copy of All The Wrong Places as part of your Pre-Pub Club Giveaways!
All The Wrong Places by Joy Fielding publishes March 12

It has taken me a few days to write this review. Mostly because the summary on the back was nothing like the book and that always annoys me. I did not want that annoyance to affect this review.
For me, All The Wrong Places was not a thriller about a man who targets women through online dating. It was a drama about 4
Cher
2 stars - Meh. Just ok.

Harrowing thriller??? Yeah, how about no. #Falseadvertisement

At only 5% in, I knew exactly how it would end (and never wavered from the obvious prediction). Caricatures abound, and 90% of the male characters are total arse wipes. The dialogue was frequently melodramatic and unrealistic. Interesting concept, but weak execution. I doubt I will read anything by this author again.
-------------------------------------------
First Sentence: “So, tell me about yourself,” he
OutlawPoet
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked everything but the ending!

Oh, this kept me going. It's delightfully twisty and I worried so about our main character! Was our serial killer going to succeed? Or would she get the better of him? And what about her mother??? I was so worried about her!

Well, I won't tell you the answers to my questions of course. I'll just tell you that I read this at breakneck speed and was so sorry it was over.

And as for that ending? I didn't like it, but I got it! I think our author is a little devious,
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 2 12 May 20, 2019 12:50PM

• The Other You
  • Someone Knows
  • The Better Sister
  • The Pact
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • The Surplus Girls
  • The Night Before
  • Before She Was Found
  • The First Mistake
  • The Perfect Wife
  • Never Tell (Detective D.D. Warren #10)
Joy Fielding (née Tepperman; born March 18, 1945) is a Canadian novelist and actress. She lives in Toronto, Ontario.

Born in Toronto, Ontario, she graduated from the University of Toronto in 1966, with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. As Joy Tepperman, she had a brief acting career, appearing in the film Winter Kept Us Warm (1965) and in an episode of Gunsmoke. She later changed her last