Start by marking “Off the Ice (A Breakaway Novel)” as Want to Read:
Off the Ice (A Breakaway Novel)

Off the Ice

(Breakaway #4)

He’s always made the scoring plays, both on and off the ice, but this time he has a new goal … the one for Meghan’s heart.

I’m Justin Davis, all-star center for the Charlotte Strikers. For years, I chased the spotlight, not only with hockey, but through television as well. That’s why I decided to play the bachelor on Rich and Single. Unfortunately, I was stuck with a fake
ebook, 1
Published October 16th 2018 by Books by L.P. Dover LLC

Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Off the Ice is the latest Breakaway novel from L.P Dover and brings us to Justin Davis as he tries to run from the fame he doesn't want. Instead of being known as a great hockey player, all anyone wants to do is talk about his playboy bachelor ways and he needs an escape from it. Planning on spending some time alone in a remote part of Wyoming the last thing he expected was to meet single mother Meghan Taylor who he just can't seem to stay away from. Even though the
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: L.P. Dover Fans, Romance
3.5 Getting a Fresh Start
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
What do you do when you just finished playing out the craziest reality tv romance gone bad...Why you take off to your ranch to chill out and just be normal. Well, as normal as a Stanley Cup winner can be. Justin Davis wants to get back his normal life and being around those out West should do the trick.

Meghan Taylor just happens to be his neighbor. She has the ranch next to his but hasn't handled it well for many years. It is in need of some drasti
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

I had fallen behind in this series but it didn’t matter because I was easily able to read Off The Ice without any worries. I am a huge hockey fan so I must say I am a bit disappointed that there wasn’t more hockey in the book but overall I liked it. There of course was some drama and maybe a little too much but this was a sexy and at times angsty read. Meghan and Justin were likable characters, ones that you would want to get to know, especially the normal Justin, not the one people tho
Karen
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super sweet as I loved the characters. Justin was surprisingly ready so soon after a fake reality show relationship breaks up. I loved Wyoming and the Carolinas so the travel was cool.
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰

I am both a Breakaway series and an LP Dover virgin, however she had me at "hockey".

I wasn't sure how I was going to go, coming in late to a series, however I should not have worried as with exception of some of the other's relationships, I could read this as a stand alone.

You know what I really liked about this one? It wasn't about the game as much as about the man. Justin was just all kinds of swoonworthy from the minute I met him, an I just needed him to find a good woman.

And that is what he
Nadine Bookaholic
You can see this and other Reviews I have written along with various cover reveals, excerpts, and giveaways here Nadine's Obsessed with Books

L.P. Dover does it again with Off the Ice, she grabbed me with the very first page and held me until the very last and knowing this was the last book in the series I was truly sad that it ended. I would love to see a Novella come out at some point to catch us up with all four couples but I guess only time will tell if she plans on doing that...maybe as a h
Mia Book Addict
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
‘Off the Ice’ is the 4th book of the Breakaway series. I’ve been looking forward to Justin’s story since finishing the last book in the series, Playmaker and it is bittersweet for me that this is the last book of the series. I was really hoping to get more books :(

Justin Davis plays hockey for Charlotte Strikers. His retirement plan is to become an actor. In line with his plan, he agrees to take his teammate and brothers-in-law, Dallas’s place on popular reality TV show, Rich and Single. What he
Sophie
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
14 DAYS? I needed fourteen days to finish this book? What the …?

This has got to be the record because I usually finish it in less than a week. Unless it’s boring – then I stopped reading it and just don’t finish it at all.

Okay, to the beginning.

As you may know, I am one of those people that love a good cover. Yes, I usually judge the book by its cover but it means a lot to me if it catches my eye somehow because of the font, setting of the title/author’s name etc. I do like the male model (defin
LeeAnne
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve been looking forward to this book since finishing the last book in the series, it’s a fantastic end to a great Hockey series! Justin Davis agreed to take his brothers-in-law’s place on a dating show and wound up being contractually tied to a horrid “fiancé” for a year. On the final day of said year, Justin bounces out pretty publicly and his fake fiancé doesn’t handle being embarrassed well. In the meantime, Justin heads to a secluded ranch he’s recently purchased in Wyoming where he immedi ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

Throughout the past books we have watched Justin and his stint in the Hollywood reality spotlight. First with the show and then the year that he had to spend with the fiancée that he chose. We also know just how big a mistake that whole thing was. Now, the year is over and Justin has dropped the fiancée like a hot potato and left N.C. to sort of hide in Wyoming where no one would expect him to be. With his life being picked apart by the media, he just wants to be in a
Pelusa Rivera
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) This the Justin's book in the series of Hottie Hockey Players this is the 4th book in the series. We have met Justin as being Callie's brother who is now married to Dallas. Justin took over Dallas's place for the single Bachelor series and he ended up with the nightmare that was Miranda. Per his contract he had to be engaged to her for a year and he was so relieve when he was able to dump her which he did publicly and now she is out for revenge. Just ...more
Pamela Lilley
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
⭐⭐⭐3.5 Stars
Easy, stress free hockey romance, to be honest though, there is no hockey action, just pure sweet romance. Justin Davis needs to get away during the offseason, somewhere far far away, hopefully somewhere he won’t be recognised. His wicked ex, Miranda, is spreading lies, and she’s got it in for him. She’s also not too happy about the way he publicly dumped her (yes she did deserve it). Meghan Taylor, a widower of 8 years, and a single mother is home alone for the summer while she fixe
Julie Engle
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My goodness, L.P. Dover has done it again. In the final book in the Breakaway Series we finally get our look into the life of Justin Davis. He is one of the hot and talented members of the Charlotte Strikers Hockey Team. Justin decides to spend the summer off season away from everyone on a ranch. Meghan is a ranch owner who is looking to spend her summer fixing up her property. She is not looking for new friends and definitely not a new man. L.P. Dover is an author that is able to get her reader ...more
Anne Milne
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Going on a tv dating show sounds fun but when he gets trapped into a fake engagement to Miranda his life was a living nightmare. Now the year is up and he's free but Miranda won't go quietly then he meets Meghan and he just wants a chance with her.

I enjoyed this story it has the sweet in Meghan and her daughter and the drama in the truly horrible Miranda. The story was well written and easy to follow.

Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions
Cheri
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle, netgalley
It is with much relief that this story truly takes place, for the most part, off the ice. Although I keep coming back to this series, I’ve made no secret of the fact this author’s lack of hockey knowledge drives me bananas. Now, if the same holds true for you, I will warn you that the first chapter will make you want to pull your hair out. But after that, the hockey world is more or less left behind so the sailing’s a bit smoother.

Justin and Meghan meet in a very innocent way that makes Justin r
BookAddict
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read some other books in this series, I had gotten to know Justin a bit so I was glad to get my hands on an early copy of his story. Not only is he the star center forward of the Charlotte Strikers hockey team, he’s also the celebrity bachelor from the popular reality TV show, Rich and Single. His story begins with Justin's team winning the Stanley Cup and the clock finally running out one his one year contract engagement to the bachelorette he was forced to choose during the show's final ...more
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Shelves: arcs
L.P. Dover is one of my most read authors, and there’s a reason for that: She always delivers beautiful, multifaceted contemporary romances with hilarious banter and amazing chemistry – and sports romances, be it hockey or MMA, are her specialty. It was a given that I would try to get my hands on this story as soon as possible! Word of advice though, I definitely recommend to read the other books in the series first, because whereas each book focuses on a different couple, you still might feel l ...more
Sheri
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance copy of this book for an honest review.

Justin Davis is a star hockey player, who just won the Stanley Cup with his team. He was also on a reality “Bachelor” type show, and ended up with a very horrible woman named Miranda. They were contractually obligated to be together for one year, so the day that contract was up, Justin dumped Miranda – on national television. He decides he needs a break from his life, so he decides to buy a ranch in Wyoming and spend the off season the
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fourth book in the series, and it could be read as a standalone, but would be a richer experience if read in order. We have met Justin and his horrific fiancée in previous storylines.

Justin combined his star hockey qualities with a reality show and ended up stuck with a prize fiancée he did not want. Now that the year stipulated in the contract is up, he can end the farce and disappear during the off season.
Erin Lewis
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
L.P.Dover is a new author to me and I have absolutely no idea why that is, particularly since I adore hockey stories. I had no trouble reading Off The Ice as a stand alone. Now that I have found her I will be sure to go back and read other books as and when time permits.
Justin Davis is a player for the Charlotte Strikers. After stepping in and replacing his brother in law on the television show Rich and Single, he is finally free of the nightmare commitment he had to his fake fiance.
After scori
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Off the Ice follows Justin Davis and Meghan Taylor.

Justin Davis is an all-star center for the Charlotte Strikers and the star of a reality TV show along the lines of the Bachelor. What was supposed to be his chance at finding love ended in finding a hot disaster and her father. Miranda has made Justin's life miserable for the year that they have been under contract. Now that the contract is over, Justin is ready to trade the crazy for some peace and quiet on his new ranch.

Meghan Taylor is a wi
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This isn't my first LP Dover book so I was excited to read another. I really enjoyed Justin and Meghan's story, the two of them are just so sweet and soppy that you can't help but fall in love with them, as fast as they fell for each other. I had a big dopey grin on my face a lot of the time and even had wet eyes at one point... a happy wet face, I'm too emotional for my own sanity sometimes!

Justin is sweet from beginning to end, he would win me over in a heartbeat. His lovely heart and his word
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Finally, we get to see the real Justin. He has been in all the previous books in the series. Somewhat cocky and free spirited but underneath a good protector of his family. An excellent hockey player that "volunteered" for a reality show that turned his life into a living h*ll. The stress becomes too much for him. After a very public break from his fake fiance, he heads to Wyoming to cool his jets. He happens to bump into his neighbor at the airport and the rest was history.

Love a good friends
Michele McMullen
Shelves: arc
Off the Ice is Justin and Meghan's story.
A chance meeting at an airport, an instant attraction/ curiosity and a friendship starts that begins to lead to something so much better.
Meghan had thought she found true love but it was taken away when she lost her husband Trey to war. Their 8 year old daughter and beautiful memories are what she has left. It has been difficult to move on she just can't find that spark....till now.
Justin is a professional hockey player and fresh off a terrible stint on
Mary
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

The way that Justin ended the relationship with his fake fiancee' wasn't the smartest thing to do but you can understand his frustration with having to play a role in a drama he really regretted. What he didn't expect was his crazy pretend fiancee to start a smear campaign against him. When he meets Meghan and she doesn't recognize him, he's glad and intrigued.

Meghan knows who the stranger is she bumped into at the airport
Michelle
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary honest review. I loved Justin from the very start to the end. Mind you I didn't like his reasoning for staying with miranda, but then again we all make mistakes and learn from them. And Justin has definitely learned his lesson. I adored Meghan from the very start as well, she's just a breath a fresh air that Justin needed to be around to see what his life could be like. Behind the spot light. I loved off the ...more
Lisa
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better! I have been looking forward to Justin's story since we met him and I was not disappointed! I mean who couldn't love a sexy hockey player/reality star turned cowboy. YUM!
Off the Ice is my new favorite in this series. It is low angst and fun to read. I love that Justin and Meghan were able to work out their differences without alot of drama. I couldn't get enough of this one and can't wait to see what Dover brings us next!
Veronica LaRoche
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg I absolutely love this series and Justin will make you swoon. Justin & Meghan have such an instant connection right from the start. I truly enjoyed every minute of Meghan & Justin together and Ellie was so sweet. I also loved seeing what Maddox, Lacey, Dallas and Callie were up too. Really amazing series with amazing characters and can’t wait to read more in this series.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Heather
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was definitely better than the last one I read in the series (book 2), but it still didn't knock it out of the park for me. It was just okay... a cute, romantic story that didn't focus too much on hockey (which I'm glad b/c I know nothing about hockey LOL)

My issue was that the author spent so much time developing the first part of the story that the end felt very rushed and sort of unfinished.

I also struggled with the intense, immediate, connection between Justin and Meghan. It was lik
Heather andrews
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Justin is not bashful, and he's so playful, “oh yeah?” He lowered his boxers, and my insides clenched with anticipation. Circling the table, he grabbed me around the waist, and I wrapped my legs around him. “Now that I’m naked, what do you want?” I liked this book, I fell in love with Justin.
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, L.P. Dover, is a southern belle residing in North Carolina along with her husband and two beautiful girls. Before she even began her literary journey she worked in Periodontics enjoying the wonderment of dental surgeries.

Not only does she love to write, but she loves to play tennis, go on mountain hikes, white water rafting, and you can’t forget th

Breakaway (4 books)
  • Hard Stick (Breakaway, #1)
  • Blocked (Breakaway, #2)
  • Playmaker (Breakaway, #3)