Start by marking “Untrue (Scientific Method Universe #9)” as Want to Read:
Untrue (Scientific Method Universe #9)

Untrue

(Scientific Method Universe #9)

The most damaging secrets are the ones you don’t even realize you’re keeping.

Truman has been married for almost five years. He loves his husband, their boyfriend, his job, and his life. So how is it possible that he’s been unfaithful? How did he let a harmless crush turn into…this?

Hugh is shocked. Angry. Numb. He has no intention of getting divorced, but no idea how to
Published July 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Untrue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untrue

Start your review of Untrue (Scientific Method Universe #9)
Anna
Jul 18, 2018 added it
Well. That was worth every moment.

More thoughts later after I turn my reactions over and over.

I still feel like Hugh is my patronus. Or maybe I’m his. Don’t know.

ETA:First, I have to say I adore this series. It's probably one of my top top top reads ever. Hugh, Truman, and Will (dear Will) are so damn real.

Which is why this book hurt so very much to read. As in I was physically shaking and having a hard time catching my breath as I read. Because I ached for them. For Truman, who fucked up big
Cheri
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is so Kris Ripper. Ze gets the emotions and the feelings and the dark and light and all the shadows in between just right.

It's a really, really hard read. I had to put it down several times in the first 10% of the book because it was just too emotional of a read. I felt crushed. I felt angry. I felt betrayed. I felt guilty. I felt ashamed. I felt anguish. I mean, these men. These three men who love each other so much. And this. Oh. Just. Oh.

But Kris Ripper did as Kris Ripper does, and once
Terri Jones
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stock up on your favorite facial tissues before reading this one. I cried a lot.

This is, in case you need a Content Warning, a story about infidelity, and forgiveness. This is Truman, and Hugh, and Will, and it is not an easy tale after all this time, weathering a lie and new truths.

I am polyamorous, have been my entire romantic life (three-plus decades), and I belong to the discussion group PolyTampa (have since the late '90s) at which the topics of infidelity and forgiveness come up now and
Sheryl Beesley
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are characters in book series that stick with you. The whole universe of people in the Scientific Method specially Hugh, Truman and Will are those for me. They are like my friends I keep an eye on from book to book so I knew from reading the blurb that this was going to be a tough read. And boy was I right...it was gut wrenching from the very first page. Ripper ripped a hole in our hearts then put them back together again in such satisfying fashion. I’m still processing but I can’t wait fo ...more
M. Arbon
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book ripped my heart out and stomped on it. It's very good; you should read it.
Ruth
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
I've been a fan of the Scientific Method Universe for a long time. The triad of Hugh, Will, and Truman was interesting for both the emotional and the kink aspect, and over the years I've kept hoping that Will would officially join as a member of the triad. There were scraps of hints that that would happen peppered throughout other novels and short stories set in this universe. So when this book promised to finally make that happen, it was basically an insta-buy.

I suppose the book did deliver on
Tolk
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intense

I hadn't originally wanted to read this book because ... cheating. But then I did read it and I'm so glad I did because, wow, that was intense! There's no other way to say it.
Even though I could have done without some of the repetitions, it was an awesome read.
Sophie
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
So basically I knew about this book when I started reading the series, and I‘ve kind of been dreading it ever since. Today, I seriously debated putting it off a little longer, but it felt like it was time. And I‘m glad I took the chance.
I realized when reading it what I was dreading most was reading about Truman cheating. I think it would have been a lot harder to bear if that had been more drawn out and detailed than it was. But as it is, it was a great book about how to deal with cheating in a
Jamie
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could be here literally all day talking about this book. And as much as I would love to, time doesn't allow so I'll just say a couple things.

1. It was hard. This was an emotional, hard read. But it was well done, and with a loving hand. It never downplays what happened, but it also never lets what happened trump the entirety of the relationships.
2. To get the most out of this book, I highly recommend having read the entire series. Maybe even re-read book eight before this if it's been a while
Gillian
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Ermahgerd, this book!

Look, I'm not gonna lie. I was gutted when I found out what this book would be about. Hugh and Truman, along with my darling boy, Will Derrie, are #relationshipgoals. It felt like nothing could ever come between them. Trust Ripper, then, to pull our hearts out with something so unbelievable that it could ruin one of my favourite #relationshipgoals throuple causing me to actual cry while reading their story.

This was hard to read in parts, but I had every confidence those
Shannon
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I had so many reservations to starting this one. I didn’t even read the blurbs just grabbed the next book. And the title and cover had me sweating. This is such an important book. Not that they all haven’t been. But the handling of this betrayal? The ending of this series in a real uplifting way? Where real growth, acceptance & love are possible? These characters are so real. They fee like real people, and not just from the dialogue (excluding Hugh 😉) but the real broken way that our lives ha
Ashley Hance
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Overall, I'm really happy with this book. The writing style is a little different than usual. There is a lot of backtracking in order to provide the perspectives of the characters. But it really worked and I was able to understand each experience as individual.

Ive been a fan for many years and I cant wait to see the growth that is to come for these characters. This might not be a helpful review, but sometimes you have you take a risk. Just know there is a large community waiting for you
Maria Lima
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I hit 5 stars immediately upon finishing, bc ald;kjafl;kjaf;;lafkj FLAIL.

It's quintessential Kris Ripper with so many feels, and angst and everything important for these characters.

I fell in love with this universe just last year, stumbling upon the first book via Twitter (?) and then immediately binge-read every book available. Now, pretty much anything by Kris is a preorder.

Load up the tissue box and settle in for a wonderful, emotional read.
Pakaruchu
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly raw read. Great to read a book focused on the way we fall into patterns in relationships and make assumptions about ourselves and others. A really strong addition to the Scientific Methods series.
Emma
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything in the SMU.
Alicia
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's pretty astonishing that after 9 books (more really), this universe can still rip the heart right out of your chest.
Joseph Tonlet
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, ds, gfy, mmm
Very enjoyable!
Gail
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, romantic
SMU. Come for the sexy, stay for the truth, the beauty, the love.
Love the layout of this one. Same scenes written from different MCs perspective. The emotions are agonizingly real!
Ash

• End Scene
  • Unfit to Print
  • Band Sinister
  • Without You
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • Four Letter Word (Love Logic, #2)
  • Any Old Diamonds (Lilywhite Boys #1)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Pisces Hooks Taurus (Signs of Love, #4)
  • How to Belong with a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #3)
  • Bargaining with the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1.4)
  • Counterpoint (Twisted Wishes #2)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • His Cocky Valet (Undue Arrogance #1)
  • Salt Magic, Skin Magic
  • Third One (Those Other Books #3)
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • The Edge of the World
Kris Ripper lives in the great state of California and zir pronouns are ze/zir. Kris shares a converted garage with a kid, can do two pull-ups in a row, and can write backwards. (No, really.) Ze has been writing fiction since ze learned how to write, and boring zir stuffed animals with stories long before that.

Scientific Method Universe (9 books)
  • Catalysts: The Scientific Method