Start by marking “Bloodline” as Want to Read:
Bloodline

Bloodline

(The Cull #1)

Bloodline is a fast-paced and highly original take on vampire lore-no fangs, no morphing into bats, just adrenaline-pumping fury as two female federal agents encounter the unimaginable.

Amy Bree's reckless actions result in death and her dismissal from the FBI. But a visit from a mysterious priest propels her back into the fray. Partnered with an ex-spy with fearsome comput
Audio CD
Published July 24th 2018 by Silverton Agency (first published December 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodline

Start your review of Bloodline
Peter
Hunted
The Cull: Bloodline is my first audiobook, where the genre and scope of the story just hit the mark with me in terms of this being a mystery thriller involving a serial killer, and an element of paranormal horror.

Amy Bree has a unique analytical mind for seeing patterns and connections, and with her computer whizz colleague Ralph, they’re employed by the FBI to study crimes and criminal patterns. Ralph introduces them to the files of a particularly gruesome serial killer, nicknamed the Blo
Yelle Hughes
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put it down!

The Cull Bloodline, starts off getting to know one of the main characters, Amy. Who she is and how and why she became a federal agent with the government.

I really like the author's writing style of explaining a situation without being too wordy. It allowed the author to give as much information and more detail of this vampire thriller. Eric even made the computer jargon understandable and I know nothing about computers, how about that.

I don't want to give any spoilers awa
Jonel
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit that when I first picked up this book I didn’t know what to expect. It looked intriguing so I decided to give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised, enjoying every word that I read. I was captivated throughout the novel by all of the suspense and mystery hidden behind the words. This book is James Patterson meets Dan Brown, while remaining entirely unique.

Gates’ writing style dictates your mood towards the story. At times he uses short, choppy sentences, making the action seem even mo
Rod
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel I have been taken on a hell of a ride with this Story.Bloodline keeps you interested all the way through i find this first book in the series of 4 attention grabbing so much so i will read all four in the series know
For something different this little 4 book series has got me hooked 5 stars and off to read Bloodstone
Simon
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amy Bree and Ralph Graham work for the FBI, but not as a Special Agent as they want. They work behind the scenes helping the FBI create computer programs/systems to help solve crime/looking for patterns in crimes. During one of his assignments, Ralph does some work for the Behavioral Analysis Unit Team where he comes across the files about a particularly gruesome serial killer case that has been nicknamed the Blood Sucker by the press and also has the Unit stumped. Amy and Ralph decide to look a ...more
Ronel van Tonder
I'm not into thrillers. Although I enjoy the odd movie with a fast-paced story line, good plot and solid characters, my reading tastes lean more toward sci-fi, fantasy and horror.

So I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up Cull, Bloodline and began reading... and carried on reading. I honestly thought since it wasn't anything in my usual genres, that I would have to force my way through it, but this was far from true.

I only have praise for this book.

Mr Gates' tagline is that he writes thrille
John Dolan
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eric J. Gates' "The Cull - Bloodline" is a vampire book with a difference.

Instead of being presented with the sparkly vampires of "Twilight" fame, or swimming in the overfished waters of the Vlad legend, we are here given the vampire-as-serial-killer motif. Expunge from your mind the tired cliches of fangs and crucifixes. Gates' vampires are creatures of genetic mutation, and all the more deadly for that. No airy-fairy mysticism here, just blood, knives, bullets and the thrill of the chase. But
Bonnie Dale Keck
not kindle unlimited, won this in some giveaway then relialized actually had gotten it, probably on freebie day, back in Oct 2016, but titles get forgotten and 17000 books in various kindle and cloud accounts over the years, well...don't particularly like thillers, or anything to do with certain topics, but if someone did like thrillers would think this would be the way to go, it was interesting, differnt enough. {this cover is not the one showing currently, but the other things match, and it is ...more
Claudia
This is such a clever thriller! Layers and layers of plot keep unravelling while you'll lose the notion of time, submerged in the story. Amy is a fantastic character, her path after being dismissed from the FBI is simply amazing, and she feels so real, so full and authentic... As a matter of fact, all the cast is great.

The writing is compelling, the plot original and surprising and I can't stress enough how happy I am that there are more books on this series.

And the reading is great, so, all in
Trisha Griffiths
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: different-genre
A completely different genre for me, and I really enjoyed the ride. Love the Vaticans involvement...
Valicity Elaine
This is a hit or miss kind of book. There are things that will either draw you in or push you away, get you hooked or annoyed, make you a fan or a hater. I won’t say which one I am because I want this review to be unbiased and fair.

The first thing I will say is that is it definitely a unique book. That much is clear from the very first sentence. The book is about a rookie agent solving a case—that’s the bare bones of the story but there are plenty of twists, mysteries, and exciting scenes that
Better Read than Dead
The novel featured refreshing vocabulary and insanely close attention to detail. Specifically, the opening pages describing the eerie rain storm, which grasps reader’s attention from the very beginning.
With that said, the storyline and writing style definitely reminds us at least of a Criminal Minds/Supernatural vibe, especially with the mentioning of the BAU and FBI. However, there is a major component not mentioned yet...vampires. With most vampire folklore centered novels and movies being of
Karin Corneau
On a whim, I decided to give this a shot. Received it through Instafreebies and boy am I glad I did. I have now discovered a new series to devour. Until this book, I can honestly say I'd never heard of the author, but Mr Gates is a fabulous writer and storyteller and I know for sure I will read more from him.

I love all things paranormal and this was not your average vampire story. After losing her partner, Special Agent Amy Bree is offered a position with Homeland Security to help track down a
Yvonne
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally enjoyed my first work by Eric J Gates. I wasn't sure what to expect with a mystery and vampire story combined but they worked well together. There is a good character mix with the good, bad and ugly. You won't regret giving these books a try. They are very well written and engaging. I didn't want to put the book down.
I already have The Cull, #2 downloaded and ready to read next.
Melody Up All Night Novels
Confident, tough as nails and action packed! the CULL - Bloodline weaves an incredibly fast paced and detailed plot that reads like an action movie Jason Bourne would be envious of.

This title appealed to me on so many levels. Give me a strong female protagonist with actual intelligence, a swift sense of justice and some wicked cool gadgets, and I’m a happy gal. Check! the CULL - Bloodline gives us two for the price of one. Give me a new way to look at vampires, and I’m a really happy gal. Double
Cecelia Kelsey
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all I have to say that I loved this book. I thought it was an FBI thriller. It is to some degree but it is also a book about vampires. I do not read books about vampires. I was halfway through the book before I figured it out. It is a vampire story like no other. The FBI is involved on the fringes. Amy lost her job at the FBI when her and her partner went rogue to hunt a serial killer. Her partner was killed and she was fired. She gets to work with a new partner who was a former NSA ana ...more
Coffee with Lacey
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eric J. Gates is a very adventurous man.  He is an ex-International Consultant with a lot of travelling under his belt.  Reading this book, and researching more about this author, I can see how he wrote this book.  He does Information Technology Security.  Can he be any more interesting?
The Cull - Bloodline is the first book I have ever read that includes anything FBI, or even technology.  And the first thing I have to say about it is that it sucked me in right away.  I have read books about va ...more
Bill Swanson
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love The CULL - Bloodline by Eric Gates. Let's start from the end. It's magnificient! It's a case resolved in a brilliant way. I was so excited that I read it twice. And there is a wonderful open for the sequel.

The story itself is very nice. It mixes many elements that I usually like in a book and it does it in an excellent way.

Amy and Katie are amazing characters. I felt them very close to me and thanks to Gate's awesome writing, I felt myself deeply inside the story.

This book is mainly a g
Monica Mac
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite a rollercoaster of a ride, this book! At first glance, you would think this was just some vampire story, not so.

Amy is dismissed from the FBI after a lapse in judgement and she is offered a job working with Katie, who has some amazing skills. The two of them form an incredible partnership which works really well. Just as well really because they have to contend with some suited men from the Vatican with deep pockets and a few hulking fellows who have quite the story to tell.

There are more
Jessie Stevens
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Am I going to have to stage an intervention?” asked my husband as I tore myself away from the book and hopped into the kitchen arms flapping talking about vampires, secret services and possibly never sleeping at night again.

“No.”

“Honey?…”

“No, it’s just that I think I know what’s going on, but I’m not quite sure, but it’s all crazy, and then… but… AHHH!”

And then I dove back into my spot on the couch in front of the fire, burrowed up to my chin into my hooded sweatshirt and used the rest of a sin
Hope Gerhardstein
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do not like reading about vampires and was hesitant to read this book. I am glad that I gave it my time. It has a very good story line with more about the search for a serial killer than about vampires. I really liked the 2 female characters, especially Katie. They both have special skills that help them track the killer while he is tracking them! I would have given it a 5 star rating but for the poor proofreading. I get annoyed with grammatical errors.
William O'Brien
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the CULL - Bloodline
by Eric J. Gates

5***** Paranormal Action

A fast-paced, dynamic and original piece of writing from Gates.

An author that knows how to capture a reader's attention with his vivid imagination and exceptional storylines.

Full to the brim with plot twists and unexpected events - a brilliant 5***** read!
Judith A Johnson
Select the best

Unexpected happenings of a vampire book. Not the norm you so often read. Fbi, Vatican politics and the government involved. Cure for a deadly disease then a blood sucking killer. This book grabs you right from the first page and doesn't let go. Can't wait to read the rest.
Ed Carpenter
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This gets you thinking

There is enough stuff close to reality that you get wondering about possibilities. This got a little long and slow moving for awhile and then picked up and kept you anxious to find the next twist. I recommend this book, but with the understanding that you’ll be amazed.
Mimi Davis Hopkins
The search for Truth

This is a extremely well written book!!! The characters are very well defined and the storyline flows smoothly with an easy pace. The story is filed with thrills, mysteries, the hunt for truth and two CIA operatives who are bent on finding answers. The title of this book gives no clue to how great a story this is. Thanks Mr Gates
barbara
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally engaging.

This was one of those books, that you never really knew what would happen next. Best ride I have been on in awhile. The characters are believable, but just a bit out of sync. Lots of twists and turns.
Karin
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What starts as a typical boy-girl story ends 108 Chapters later as a man-woman story. Don’t panic, some of those Chapters are only one page long! Enrique tries to do right, but… No good deed goes unpunished! I enjoyed the story and recommend the book.
Sharon Brown
It took me awhile to get into this book. I wanted to quit reading but kept on going. It finally caught my interest, but to me it was too easy to know what was at the ending.
It does take you through quite a few exciting trips trying to find the 'Bloodsucker'.
Jackie
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great reading for a first book from this author. In this book, we find out who Amy is and why she s doing her job. Keeps you wanting more.
Nina Everson
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Fantastical Mystery!

I received this book free to read by Amazon. If you like authors from the UK, vampires, and murders you are sure to love this book.
♥ Nothing Better ...: Bloodline - October 2018 1 7 Sep 28, 2018 11:08AM
★Five Star Series★: the CULL series 1 2 Dec 27, 2014 03:16AM
Kindle Coundown D...: the CULL - Bloodline COUNTDOWN 1 4 Feb 01, 2014 10:59AM
Making Connections: 792. the CULL by Eric J. Gates 8 90 Feb 14, 2013 08:48AM

• Dead Air (Sammy Greene, #1)
  • Rogue Elements (The Gamma Sequence #2)
  • No Freedom: An A.I. Thriller
  • Biohack (Shadow Operatives, #1)
  • Everett
  • Chaos at Crescent City Medical Center (Alexandra Destephano #1)
  • The Tree of Life (Dr. Nicklaus Hart Medical Thriller #2)
  • Dark Harvest (A Holt Foundation Story Book 2)
  • Empty Promises (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #6)
  • The Recipient (Emerald City Thriller, #1)
  • Thorn (Uncommon Enemies #4)
  • The Fairhaven Chronicles Boxed Set: The Complete Series: Glow, Shimmer, Ember, Nightfall
  • Riders of Fire Books 1-3: Ezaara, Dragon Hero, Dragon Rift (Riders of Fire Box Set Book 1)
  • Abigail
  • Legacy
  • Never Too Old for Romance
  • Matters of the Heart
  • Meatloaf and Mistletoe: A Bells Pass Novel
Award-winning author Eric J. Gates has had a curious life filled with the stuff of thriller novels. Writing Operating Systems for Supercomputers, cracking cryptographic codes under extreme pressure using only paper and pen and teaching cyberwarfare to spies are just a few of the moments he’s willing to recall. He is an ex-International Consultant who has travelled extensively worldwide, speaks sev ...more

The Cull (5 books)
  • Bloodstone (The Cull, #2)
  • Blood Feud (The Cull, #3)
  • Blood Demon (The CULL # 4)
  • Blood Kill (The Cull, #5)