Start by marking “Vow of Atonement (Vow, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vow of Atonement (Vow, #2)

Vow of Atonement

(Vow #2)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
A bossy Army vet determined to atone for his mistakes with the only girl he’s ever loved. A sassy boutique owner trying to shield her broken heart.

Roman stole every part of Harper’s heart and soul over a decade ago and left without giving her back the pieces. She’s spent the past decade trying to forget him and everything he made her feel.

When a mysterious figure shows up,
300 pages
Published September 5th 2018 by Just Read Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Vow of Atonement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vow of Atonement

Becca
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the second book in the Vow Series I was lucky enough to read and cementing my love for Emma Renshaw making her a go to author for me.

Vow of Atonement was full of suspense but also had its lighter moments. I loved Roman and how he wasn't going to take no from Harper as he pushed his way back into her life.

Harper was sassy, fun and sexy. The perfect heroine, showing she knew how to take care of herself but also knew when to let go and let Roman step in to help (eventually).

The suspense o
Romance Schmomance (Malia)

BLOG | INSTAGRAM | AMAZON PROFILE | BOOKBUB | TWITTER

What a gem of a read this one turned out to be! It has been such a great year of reading books from new to me authors, they have all been hitting it out of the park. I found Vow of Atonement to be a rather enjoyable read with little bits of suspense that kept me hooked the entire time. Add in one of my favorite tropes of all time, second-chance romance, to top it all off.

I will say that Harper and Roman's love was something that we've seen b
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
What a great story this is, so heartbreaking and beautiful in places, especially when Roman and Harper  are together. Harper’s new landlord wants more than she is willing to give. After a call to the love of her life Roman, even though they have been separated for 10 years. Roman arrives in Texas to help find out whats happening.
This book had it all, murder, corruption, love and great friendships. Harper is lucky she had a great support system with fr
Island Girl Romance Reads
Awesome story with so much suspense and twists and surprises. Loved how protective Roman was of Harper. Love this series and can’t wait to read James’ book.

Catherine Cowles
I was lucky enough to be an early reader of this book, and I absolutely loved it! Emma Renshaw has a true gift for creating characters that you see so clearly in your mind and feel like you've been friends with for decades. I find myself wanting her to write books about even her most minor of characters.

I think I described her debut novel as an emotional roller coaster ride. This one is no different, only this time she drags the feelings out of you with a ferocity that every book lover will app
Alexa Nichole Demers
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to come
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Inkslinger PR and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

Actual Rating 3.75 Stars

There is an art to second chance romances - and Emma Renshaw does a brilliant job of articulating this kind of romance with Vow of Atonement!

Harper Maxwell is a business owner and an independent woman who loves being her own boss and enjoying he
Rebecca Austin
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: trsor
Harper Maxwell owns the Boutique store Harper Avenue and lately all of the businesses surrounding her have left when the building was sold to Rafael Bazan. Unknown to Harper initially, Rafael's father was her "Uncle" Santiago and who helped her greatly after her parents and sister were mugged and killed. When Harper is concerned about everything with Rafael she decides to reach out to her ex-boyfriend.

Roman Marx disappeared from Harper's life and broke her heart but now he is back the moment she
Jennifer Aldrich
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Twists and turns around every corner. Vow of Atonement surprised me. This story has a little romance, but it is mostly a big mystery with a lot of action. It was thrilling and kept me enthralled until the very end. This book seems like it might be a part of a series, but I am unsure. If it is, it can be read on its own as that is what I did.
The plot of this book was amazing. It has been a while since I read something that really kept me on the edge of my seat. This story is all about uncovering
Johnaka
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vow of Atonement by Emma Renshaw
“Suspense and second chances, 5 stars”

In Vow of Atonement Renshaw takes you on one heck of a journey. You have two people who were meant to be together, but circumstances and misunderstandings tore them apart, then you have the danger surrounding them. Vow of Atonement will suck you in and won’t let you up until the very last page.
Harper knew love once and then a series of unfortunate events happened. She picked herself up and started all over. Now though someone
Jessica
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Harper has been through hell and back. At a young age, she lost both her parents, sister, and the one person she could call her uncle. To top it off, the love of her life broke up with her. Even though she had been through so much she still managed to accomplish her dreams and open the boutique of her dreams. The last thing she expected was for an extremely handsome new landlord to not only buy out her building but also start snooping her in past and begin to ruin her life. She had no choice but ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Vow of Atonement was a fantastic story that had me on the edge of my seat, while messing with my emotions at the same time! Emma Renshaw really upped her game with this story, and I'm completely hooked to her talented writing style. It all starts with Harper getting a visit by a mysterious man, telling her that he bought the building that her boutique was in, so he's her new landlord. As this man started revealing more about himself, it started raising red flags so Harper called Roman, the ...more
April
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
One of the best things about this book was that it was so much more than your run of the mill romance. While there were plenty of heat filled, passionate and emotional moments, there were also moments of intense action and drama that kept me reading long past my bedtime. I will admit that I was a little concerned when I read the first chapter or two because I simply didn't like one of the characters, but it turns out that maybe that was meant to be the case. Not to mention, I am so very glad I s ...more
Marta Bo
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Vow of Atonement by Emma Renshaw is write in amazing way.

I didn't have chance to read any of her books earlier. Of course I saw her name here and there, but till today I really didn't know what kind of author she can be.

I should say thanks to myself right now because this book gave me really good time.
I decided to put my hands on Vow of Atonement, because it's second chance romance. This kind of books are one of my favorite themes to read. I just haven't expected that this book is also abou
Konny
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vow of Atonement by Emma Renshaw is the second book in this series of standalones. Yes, there are a few cross-overs, but you can easily read every book in every order. The previous book, Vow of Retribution is Savannah and Liams story and I absolutely loved it.

Vow of Atonement is Roman and Harpers book. Roman and Harper where a couple, but Roman in typical I know it all better - broke her heart when he broke up with her. Now shes build a new life. But a mysterious stranger brings her to contact R
Toni
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kari Hansen
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When a mysterious stranger enters her life Harper is left questioning what is the truth and why he is there. With no one else to turn to she contacts Rafael, the man that broke her heart ten years ago.

Rafael is ex-military and now works for a security firm. When Harper contacts him there is no way that he isn’t going to protect the only woman he has ever loved.

This story leads us on an adventure filled with suspense and twists that you don’t see coming as they try to figure out what is happening
Brianne
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by how great this book was!! This book is the second book in this series, but the first book I've read by this author. I will definitely read more by her!! From the very start of this book, I was sucked into the suspense and drama of the characters. Harper has had a traumatic past, but has secured herself in her new life with her own store and great friends. When someone shows up and turns her life upside down, she calls the one person she has been trying to forget. Roman vows t ...more
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seriously hot second chance romance and edge of your seat suspense come together in this addictive read! Vow of Atonement was completely unputdownable for me. The mystery starts right from the beginning and keeps building with twists and turns that kept me glued to the pages while Roman and Harper’s electric chemistry and deep rooted love had me swooning. Every part of their story was fantastic from beginning to end, never slowing down for even a moment!
It’s obvious from the start both Harper an
Cheryl Frias
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well well well Roman and harpers story is a must read a love story started young but destroyed when Roman left Harper to go into the service to protect her and allow her to fulfill her dreams. But 10 yrs later Harper called Roman needing his advice on a person named Rafael. She wants nothing to do with Roman romantically. No phone call Roman showed up and Harper woke to him in her bed. Story goes her parents are dead Santiago her almost like father dead . Cartel involved money and hatred evils p ...more
Sara
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
WHAT WAS THAT ENDING?!! Never in a million years did I see that coming!

Vow of Atonement was the first book I’ve read by Emma Renshaw and I really enjoyed it. This book isn’t the first book in the series, which I didn’t realise until after I started reading but it didn’t effect the storyline of this book that much. There is obviously another story that was told about Liam and Savannah which I’ll need to read up on because it sounds like one hell of a story.

Vow of Atonement is the story of Roman a
Melonie Fatchet
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot and spicy with a dash of sweet! Roman is the alpha male in every girl’s dreams and Harper is the strong woman that we can all relate to. Add in a good mystery, some drama that will make you really feel, and some twists that you don't see coming, and you have yourself a recipe for an excellent night on the sofa! This is the second book in the series and it will leave you wanting so much more!! Treat yourself to this book.
Linda
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vow of Atonement is an excellent follow up to Emma Renshaw's previous book, Vow of Retribution (also an awesome read!) The book blurb gives a 100% accurate idea of what the story is about. I love the characters and many familiar faces appear in this electrifying, well-crafted, romantic suspense mystery story. I can't say enough good things about this book or the great writing. The chemistry between Harper and Roman is crazy hot and the great twisty turny plot surprised me more than once. I could ...more
Jessica Tubergen
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are many twists and turns in their story that keep you guessing and on your toes. I couldn’t get enough of these two. Harper and Roman are two of a kind. He will do whatever it takes to keep her safe and make her happy. So damn good y’all!
Lindarhc
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the story on Roman and Harper. They haven’t seen each other for ten years but Roman has been keeping checks on her. Then Harper gets a visit from Rafael who says he is her new landlord and also Santiago’s son. Santiago was like a second father to her after her family was all killed. She phones Roman to see if he knew if Santiago had a son and leaves a message but instead of phoning her he goes to see her. So there story starts again there is intrigue, murder and finding out the truth. I ...more
Suny Oliva
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vow of Atonement is the second installment of the Vow series and it just captivated me with its suspenseful nature. Harper and Roman had fallen in love during their teenage years but Roman ultimately decided that Harper could have a better life without him so he ends the relationship. But, 10 years later Harper needs to seek him out. And Roman slowly eases his way into Harpers life again, almost as if he belongs there. Emma Renshaw has written an excellent book, and I can’t wait to read more fro ...more
Kim Whitehead
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second installment on this series and it was just as exciting as the first!! Roman and Harper heat up the pages ! Edgy and suspenseful! Another fantastic book!
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 stars

Harper and Roman were destined to be with each other. Too bad Harper just had other plans. When danger knocks on her door, her instincts tell her that the right thing to do is to let her past do the protecting she doesn’t have the ability to do. But with every good army, comes a bad apple and when the problem is from the inside, they are put in a situation where they have to protect their loved whole battling the attraction to each other. How do you choose between protection and love?

Lau
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This is a new author to me and I absolutely love her. She can write military romance with the best of them and the added suspense was brilliant. Having been separated for 10 years Harper knows she can call on Roman to be there for her when things are not right. Harper is reluctant to trust Roman after he disappeared from her life but she needs him. Roman made a promise to her uncle that he would always look out for her and when she called he dropped everything. Will she let him back in
Harlow Layne
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A second chance romance full of twists and turns that kept me glued to my kindle from the first page to the very last. I'm loving this series and can't wait for more!

« previous 1 3 next »
Emma loves to write, just don't ask her to write about herself. If she isn't writing, you can find her lost in a book or trying to get her doggo to take a selfie with her. He usually refuses. At the end of the day, you can find Emma at the closest Mexican restaurant eating queso and sipping on a margarita. She lives in Texas with her husband and dog.

Vow (5 books)
  • Vow of Retribution (Vow, #1)
  • Vow of Honor (Vow, #3)
  • Vow of Devotion (Vow, #4)
  • Vow of Sacrifice (Vow, #5)