Start by marking “Living Underground” as Want to Read:
Living Underground

Living Underground

Everyone lives a little underground.
On the London Underground, you can bump into just about anyone. Sometimes it's an acquaintance you'd rather not make. Sometimes it's an old friend. And sometimes it's someone who means much more to you than that.
With sharper teeth.

A very short story set on the London Underground.
Published July 3rd 2018 by Silver Sun Books

To ask other readers questions about Living Underground, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Underground

Start your review of Living Underground
Dianne
Josie Jaffrey gives just enough story to feel the atmosphere, the inner thoughts of the woman who captured my imagination and the love, somehow always shining through the fog that has covered it. LIVING UNDERGROUND is a tale of love, of secret meetings, of a dream that may or may not be true as two people briefly reunite on an underground train and pour their love into each other and then, he is just gone. Was it a dream or is there proof that their love is real?

Ms. Jaffrey has created more stor
Siobhan
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m not the biggest lover of short stories, but I am a big Josie Jaffrey fan. Thus, I decided to give Living Underground a read to see what it was like.

When I say this one is a short story, I mean it’s a very short story. It’s a book you will complete in five to ten minutes, depending on your reading speed, but that does not stop it from being a great story. It hooks you from the very start and will have you thinking about it long after you’ve finished.

It’s a tantalising glimpse at all Josie Jaf
Rebecca Crunden
“I never forget,” he said, “but you do.”

An intense short story with romance and a vampire. Great read!
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
The Author didn’t lie, it was a very short story. 14 pages long I believe. It was just enough for the Author to seek her claws into you and get you hooked. It showcased the Author’s talents. Which is what a short story should do.
Fariha Khayyam
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Living underground is short story.
It’s the thoughts of a woman who frequently takes the London metro. She thinks about her past love, to her current observations of her surroundings, to what she plans to do once she reaches home.
Josie Jaffrey managed to write an intriguing story in under 15 pages, that was both mysterious and had a sense of both lover’s regret and compassion.
Overall 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Carien
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Living Underground is an atmospheric and bittersweet story about a strange encounter in the London Underground late at night. Even with it just being 13 pages, Jaffrey manages to put so much in this story.

What I really like about her books, is that they're all part of the same world, even if they're in different series and set in different times within that world. The more books I read, the more I learn about this intriguing world.
Spira Virgo
Lovely tale

That was such a bittersweet read. Raw emotions on the pages of a woman trying to forgot but simply cannot. What a lovely short story I highly recommended it!
Luna Lovebooks
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I received a free e-copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Likes: When Josie asked me if I would like to review her short story, I jumped at the chance since I love the Solis Invicti series. This story was not a disappointment! In only 10 pages there is so much tension and description! I love the way that the story makes you question whether the events that take place in this short story actually happened or if it was all a dream.

Dislikes: I found myself wishing I could have know
Jo
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If ever a synopsis undersold a book, it's this one. At only 14 pages, it is most definitely a short story. Almost like the author was set a homework assignment for creative writing.

But don't let the length fool you into thinking that this is less of a story. I have read longer books that weren't as accomplished at telling a story as this. I have no idea how she did it, but this felt much bigger, and left me wanting to know more. A tantalising hint of a book.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary
Shirley Cuypers
Brin
Jan 12, 2020
Nicola  Mckenna
Oct 12, 2020

• Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5)
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • 좀비 아이
  • White Sand, Volume 1 (White Sand, #1)
  • Dark Blade (Whispers of the Gods #1)
  • The South Asian Speakers Series Presents the Archeologist and Adventurer Indiana Jones
  • Black Sheep (Flight of the Javelin #1)
  • Enemy Storm (Chronicles of the Empire Book 3)
  • AN INDELIBLE DAY
  • You Should See Me in a Crown
  • The Wren Hunt (The Wren Hunt, #1)
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)
  • The Kingdom That Failed
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Bloodlaced (Youkai Bloodlines #1)
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • The Cupid Getaway (The Cupid Guild #2)
  • The Cupid Complication (The Cupid Guild #3)
I have always written stories, but it wasn't until I started the first book in the Solis Invicti series in 2014 that I really became obsessed with writing. I love to read, particularly where the escapism of the story is enhanced with an element of fantasy or science fiction. For me, writing is simply an extension of that journey, but I get to decide what happens next (though it's amazing how often ...more