Start by marking “Hayden (Four Sons, #2)” as Want to Read:

Hayden

(Four Sons #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  500 Ratings  ·  151 Reviews
Hayden

I am a hothead, a wild card, and son to a murdered man.
I crave the things I can’t have and don’t want the things I can.
Now, I’m left to pick up the pieces—stitch our family back together with a damaged thread.
This isn’t the life I envisioned. And to make matters worse, the women in our lives are testing the strength of our brotherhood.
My name is Hayden Pearson.
I
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 120 pages
Published July 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Hayden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hayden

Sophia Triad
FUCK.
The name dissipates any anger I feel toward Trevor.
My Katie.

This book was highly anticipated by me. I was looking forward to reading about brooding, bad Hayden and maybe how a woman would change his life. I have to say that I was disappointed....

I think it is very hard for four different authors to write a continuous story in 8 books without gaps in the story or maybe a few inconsistencies. But I really I cannot accept the fact that a guy like Hayden is obsesse
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Book 2 of 4 from Four Sons series
POV: First Person Dual
Rating:

Hayden Pearson had a plan for his future. But that plan blown up to pieces when their family was shaken up by a tragedy. As the eldest son, responsibility to the family and the company fell on him. He did his best and rose to the occasion but he didn’t expect Katie Fairchild who he thought was his past to rattle his future.

He’s incredibly intense. Like a force I have no chance of running from ev
Kathy West
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hayden and Katie's story is a story that is told in the present and the past.

Hayden, the oldest brother, is tasked with taking care of his family after the death of this father. He is also left in charge of his father's company. Something he didn't want but now he has stepped up and made the company even more profitable.

Hayden is selfish, spoiled, and unapologetic. And he knows it. Along with dealing with his father's death, he is also dealing with Trevor. He knows Trevor is lying and he think
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Interesting, will probably read the following books but not the first.
Kahea
***5 Stars***

Quick, fun, crazy (Like kinda BSC kind of crazy), smexy and emotional.

Hayden is arrogant, vindictive and is holding on to an anger that is threatening to destroy him, and yet underneath it all there is a heart that is loyal and protective to those that it deems worthy.

The romance was actually quite interesting when it came to who the woman was that captured Hayden’s heart, how chaotic it ended up being and how it was revealed, but it all made sense and it was through Hayden’s rel
Jill
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!
Ana (thestarslisten)
SPOILER FREE

If second chance romance is your thing, then Hayden’s story is for you. I am such a sucker for this kind of romance! I’ve been rooting for Hayden and this pretty girl since their love story started.

Being the eldest his life made the 180 turn instantly over night. He’s got huge responsibilities to his brothers, and especially to the empire her’s been inherited. Where does that leave love?

He was troubled and lost. But he wanted to be saved so desperately.

This book has a lot of emotio
V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤
Book two and I can say I still think Eric totally deserved the end he got 🤣
Nixon got some brownies points for being the protective twisted son he is. And it was also nice to be reminded Jax is no more 😈
Hayden thought he was the spitting image of his father and I’m so glad he saw the light and realised he’s nothing like him.
It looks like the sons are just as twisted as the fathers but they seem to improve as they evolve.
All in all the series seems a bit OTT but I want to see it to the end as I
Kinky Minx
Thank you for the ARC from the author in exchange for honest review.
This is the second book of this series, Hayden. He is the eldest sons and after the death of his father, he is now in charge of his brothers and the company his father left for him.

Hayden always thinks he not only looks like his father but also acts the same to his father.
description

Until Katie appears in Hayden's life, she turns Hayden's heart upside down.

"I love you, Katie.
You're my angel.
My Life.
And whether you like it or not,
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Y'all book #2 Hayden by JD Hollyfield is here!!!! If you have been keeping up, first it was Four Fathers and now we get Four Sons!!!! And Hayden's story is next...eeeppp I love this grumpy ass boy!!! lol

Goodness I was beginning to worry for poor Hayden. I mean don't think he needs pity though, he is such a hot head and will whip your ass for looking at him wrong. But he just can't catch a break.

After a tragedy, he is left to run the company he never wanted to run. He always feels he has to prov
Renee
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Hayden is the hothead, a wild card, and son to a murdered man. He craves the things he can't have and doesn't want the things he can. Now he is left to pick up the pieces-stitch their family back together with a damaged thread. This isn't the life he envisioned.And to make matters worse, the women in our lives are testing the strength of our brotherhood. Hies name is Hayden Pearson. He is the oldest-a
Alyssa
3 Stars

Novella 2 of 4 of Four Sons. Second novella series following Four Fathers.

You know what? This wasn't bad at all. Dare I say, it was actually kind of cute. Much more lovey-dovey than I would expect given the nature of these reads.

Am I saying that's a bad thing? Not at all. BUT, if you're knee deep in this series there's a running theme of kink, taboo, depravity, complete WTFery. So in the context of this series, it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb.

Hayden is arguably the biggest a**h
The Smutbrarians
Panty Scorching: 5
Overall Rating: 4.5 Stars
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Robin

Hayden is a hothead and a wild card. And now he’s left to keep the family together and prove himself in the business world. He can’t fail and he’ll avenge and protect his family. He may be young but he’s more than capable of taking his place as the head of this family and company. Even though he never wanted any of this.

“Selfish. Spoiled. Unapologetic.

That’s who’s starin
Chantal Rodriguez
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok so again I didn't see this one coming! WOW these girls really are doing a 180 with this series! I went in thinking "Ok so how is she going to make Hayden funny!" never did I image she would actually make me cry! yes, CRY? This is a 1st for me from Hollyfield. I enjoy her books usually because they are so funny. Her style is different and I love it. But this book here, she caught me by surprise.

Hayden is the oldest brother. He is to take over after his dad. Its not something he wanted but fat
Ann
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Kathleen R.
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

So much anger in one single person. Considering that the books i've read from J.D. Hollyfield has usually been romantic comedy novels, this and her previous book, Blackstone, were darker in nature. Hayden, the eldest of the Pearson brothers is just so angry at everything and of course, he wants to unravel what he believes is the secret of the century.

I couldn't get enough of this. There were so many lose ends that needed to get tied up, and boy, were they huge secrets. I honestly would s
Waleska 'Wally' Floyd
3.5 Stars
Four Sons Book 2 it's an angst filled book. Hayden Pearson has such a chip in his shoulder he can barely see straight . Only after extraordinary circumstances he stop being a rich, spoiled and entitled 21 years old took his head out of his butt and began behaving as an adult.
Hayden, Hayden , Hayden ... I am conflicted with this story as it it threw me for a loop.

Hayden Pearson was an angry, resentful and a dick for the first 40% of the book and his attitude and behavior felt over the
♥️Fantasy Land Blog Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3.5 star
I enjoyed Hayden in the last book. He stepped up and became the head of the household. But in this book about him, I had some problems with him. He steps into his fathers rule a little too much.

The way he treats Katie is just unbelievably bad. I have no idea why she would want to come back to that. But Katie does and for whatever reason, she does see the good in him. And I guess she helps him find the good in himself.

I don't want to stop anyone from reading this series. It is really
Marie
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 stars just for Trevor and Lucy.
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
I love this story! Hayden’s transformation is something to behold! Hayden worked my nerves so bad in Four Sons. He even showed his hind parts in Nixon. But man! The pressure this kid was under broke my heart! The fact that he felt alone surrounded by so many who loved him broke my heart!

We see the “real” Hayden in this story. His pain is incredibly tangible in this story and it WRECKED me! This story really touched me and I’m proud to recommend this story! If you’re looking for an epic read with
Robin Powers
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These Pearson brothers keep me on my toes. I really didn’t see some of these twists coming. Hayden has been left with the responsibility to keep the brothers together and fill his dad's shoes at Four Fathers which is something he never wanted. We see Hayden go through all of types of emotions as he seems to think he needs to avenge is father. Or is it revenge? Add a confusing woman into the mix and I really didn't know how this story would go. I've always got the impression that Hayden was the b ...more
Tracy- OMGReads
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick and exciting read, Hayden is the second book of the Four Sons series. I recommend reading *at least* Nixon, if not the Four Fathers series as well.

Hayden was unexpected. If there is one thing I’m finally getting with this series, it’s that just when you think you’ve figured it out, BOOM, the road twists and you are hanging on for dear life.

Hayden and Katie have an interesting story. They have a story of love and obsession. Hayden surprised me, I loved digging into his character, and wi
Melissa Fisher
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hayden and Katie have stolen my heart

Hayden, thus far, is my favorite Pearson brother. Being the oldest has made him grow up faster than the rest and has given him responsibilities that a young man doesn't necessarily want. Katie is a girl with issues of her own and is just looking for something to make her whole. Hayden gets the dark and dirty from his father but his passion and emotion is heart stealing. I absolutely loved Hayden, his story and his personality. The alpha has met his match and
Up All Night With Books
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Sons Stars
Review by Allyson
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Who can tame the "Big, Bad Wild Pearson son, huh?"

In the Four Fathers there were shockers and gasps, now we have trickled down into the Sons and interweaving ourselves through their personalities of the bloodline of Eric Pearson. Be ready to buckle down in JD Hollyfield's with the oldest Pearson boy, Hayden. He's cocky, rude and beyond arrogant. You might find yourself wanting to smack him!

"I make the final decision
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Hayden is the second book in the Four Son's series. The books should be read in the order they were written including the Four Father's books for the plot to make sense.

Hayden is the oldest brother. After Eric's death he is left with a billion pound weight on his shoulders. Eric made it so he is still controlling what Hayden does with his future. He's been left with fifty one percent of Four Father's and to care for his
Romance Readers Retreat
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hayden Pierson is the oldest of 4 brothers but seems to have been dealt the short straw in life and being angry at the whole world isn't going to help his case. After everything that has happened to his family he struggles to wrap his head round things and becomes obsessed with making it his mission to find the answers to certain things he thinks he has already worked out. The one major regret he has though was Katie, loving her fiercely just wasn't enough because his bitterness got in the way r ...more
Lita Thomas
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hayden by J.D. Hollyfield is the next book in the Four sons series. Hayden being the oldest brother had to endure their father the longest. He is arrogant, selfish and self absorbed just like dear old dad. Since Eric Pearson's death it is Hayden who now has to run Four Fathers, the company his father owns with 3 other partners plus care for his younger brothers. I didn't expect much from this story since I didn't particularly care for Hayden but I was pleasantly surprised. Like Nixon I read it i ...more
Jennifer Hanson
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star read by the extremely talented J.D. Hollyfield. To be completely honest, I only read this book because of the author. I love her books. The only Four Fathers book I read was Blackstone and this is the only Four Sons book I've read and plan to read. Now that said, I think I would have enjoyed it even more if I had read all of the books in these two series in order. I was extremely worried about being totally lost but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, which I attribu ...more
Ally's Book Reviews (Ally Vance)
3.5 Stars.

I really struggled to get into this story and I'm sad to say it was mostly down to character continuity and character development. I found it fell very short of the mark and I felt very disconnected from them exlcuding some parts with Trevor which were great.

Hayden as a character I found extremely difficult to like. I almost felt as if he was a more extreme Eric and this didn't really work for me as he was a bit of a loose cannon at times. Katie was a very sweet character but I didnt r
Brandi
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angsty
Honestly, I was surprised at how much I liked this one! More secrets were exposed, more violence played out, the family became very solid & the Hero was actually a swoon-worthy guy at times!!

Hayden was a lot like his a**hole dad but he also had a big Trevor streak in him. (And Trevor is my favorite Four Fathers leading man!) The way he expressed his love for Katie in the flashbacks (sans the grabbing thing) & towards the latter part of the book was sexy-sweet. The whole Hayden package, c
Creative designer, mother, wife, writer, part time superhero...

J.D. Hollyfield is a creative designer by day and superhero by night. When she is not trying to save the world one happy ending at a time, she enjoys the snuggles of her husband, son's and three doxies. With her love for romance, and head full of book boyfriends, she was inspired to test her creative abilities and bring her own story t

Four Sons (4 books)