Start by marking “Underwear!” as Want to Read:
Underwear!

Underwear!

Bare bear! Stop right there! Underwear!

Under where?

So begins the dialogue between a tired bear dad and a rambunctious bear cub who would rather play with his tighty whities than get into bed. Underwear makes great hair. It can even turn one into a superber, or a goggle-wearing swimming bear. But beware of a big scare! Rhymes, homonyms, and conjunctions abound in this book
Published April 2nd 2019 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Underwear!, please sign up.
Larissa The ISBN 9781368027939 is for a hardcover book.

Tasha
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A worn out father bear tries to get his little bear into underwear after his bath, but it’s not going to be easy! Told entirely in a rhyming dialogue between the two characters, the story is rollicking and lot of fun to read aloud. Using homonyms for plenty of humor, the little bear asks “Under where?” and then heads into a rhyming series of lines about where the underwear might actually be. When the underwear is finally located, the fun isn’t over as the little bear immediately puts it on his h ...more
Edward Sullivan
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Certain to be a crowd pleaser.
Lisa
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clever rhymes punctuate this silly story about a little bear who doesn't want to put his underwear on after his bath. He finds every excuse to not wear it, it's torn, he can't find it, he doesn't know where it goes. The big bear is getting pretty frustrated trying to get little bear to bed.

Jenn Harney's illustrations are priceless. I'm still chuckling about the different ways he wears the underwear on his head - did you know briefs make a great superhero mask?

For this and more of my reviews, vi
Emily
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A study in words that rhyme with "wear," and clever play on the various homonyms thereof. Kids will find this one hilarious if read with the proper intonation - which, for me, would take a few run-throughs to get right!
Amanda
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
3 1/2 stars

Wonder how this would do in a storytime? Would the homonyms work or would they confuse and fall flat? Loved the illustrations (4 stars) but found the text to be confusing and bumpy at times (3 stars).
mg
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Perfect for my underwear story time! (Though I wonder how much the younger ones will get the word play. Who'm I kidding, they won't hear the words that aren't "underwear" cause they'll be laughing so hard!)
Krysta
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A funny text sure to please children.
Anjanette
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So fun!!!!
Holly
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
100% would read during my next potty storytime
Syntha Green
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
So fun, would be great for storytime.
Krissy Neddo
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pairing this with The Brief Thief for a silly end of the year storytime for my K-1 students.
Linda Atkinson
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Way to get your giggle on ;-)
Tracie
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books, funny
Little bear finds a underwear confusing much to the dismay of big bear.
Jason
This would be hilarious in storytime with two readers... fun, bright illustrations help immensely.
MaryLibrarianOH
A silly play on words that will make toddlers and preschoolers giggle.
Kathryn
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
This book made me laugh aloud. It had cute illustrations and was a hilarious story.
Lisa
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve never heard my five year old laugh harder at a book.
Rachel
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
So funny love the little Bears personality.
Lynn
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This will be an instant giggle-fest for the preschool/kindergarten set! Totally goofy fun,
Miss Kelly
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute book for new peeps learning to use underwear and learning spatial order (here, there, under, over, )with a chuckle.
Becky
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, picture-books
Hilarious!! Great rhyming picture book.
Beth