Start by marking “Baiting A Berserker: Paranormal Dating Agency (Making Waves Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Baiting A Berserker: Paranormal Dating Agency (Making Waves Book 1)

Baiting A Berserker: Paranormal Dating Agency

(Making Waves #1)

Addian Hevir doesn’t want a mate, he needs one…to save his clan, and himself before the beast within consumes what’s left of his humanity. As a berserker, it’s only a matter of time before one, or both happen. Time is perilously short.

Fynn Barrow has had more than her share of Mr. Wrongs. A strong, independent Mer-woman, she’s not going to be content with just any man. S
Published July 1st 2018 by MTW Press (first published April 8th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Baiting A Berserker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baiting A Berserker

Start your review of Baiting A Berserker: Paranormal Dating Agency (Making Waves Book 1)
Malinda
4-4.5 stars

This was a really good story. I liked both Fynn adn Addian and enjoyed their story. Although I've read other Paranormal Dating Agency books before, this author is new to me...but I liked this story well enough that I'm sure I'll try more of her work in the future.

Fynn is a half-mermaid that works as an interior designer. Fynn grew up with just her mother because her father died before her birth (for unexpected reasons). Mermaids can be psychotic and tend to either seduce or kill/eat m
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I purchased this book.

I have had the pleasure of knowing this author for a few years and was like I NEED TO READ HER…so I scrolled through her Goodreads list of books and this book just jumped out at me. I love Paranormal and I Love Shifters sooooo yup I one clicked it and jumped in. I sat on my butt
Kate_mrs539
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal isn't my go to read usually, but every once in a while I like to pop in to this genre and take a ride on the wilder side.

Not familiar at all with this author but the Paranormal Dating Agency niggles a memory in my mind of a book I read a couple years ago, I have to say that I could easily see myself putting this world on my go to for those much needed breaks.

This was a pretty quick read for me which was great. It moved at a steady pace, never once leaving me bored or skipping around.
Tamara
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Time is running out for Berserker clan leader Addain to find a mate, so his second in command seeks the aid of Gerri Wilder and the Paranormal Dating Agency. Fynn is a Mermaid, and forget everything you think you know about these creatures, because she's not some delicate thing. She needs someone equally as strong as her to stand up to her and be by her side. Their first date, doesn't go well at all, but neither one of them wants to part ways. Their second date is sidetracked by outside forces, ...more
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
This is a first read for me from Savannah Verte, however, at this rate it won't be my last.

I loved the idea of expanding the supernatural universe and finally incorporating different types of mythical and unheard of creatures.

Fynn may be a mermaid, but don't let that full you. Everything you think you know about mermaids may or may not be true. But if you aren't careful around her you could just end up her dinner.

Addian is a berserker. Now, I'm still not 100% sure what that is, but that has jus
Tabi Ann
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable and Exciting

I just love to watch what when Gerri sets up people who spend more time fighting their connection than anything. Don't they know by now they are doomed...lol Just kidding, they will be madly in love with each other before they know it.

With each chapter you could feel the relationship between these two growing. Even if they weren't looking past their working relationship the reader could see it. You could feel emotions. Even the action was great, every good story needs action
Lolita Nettles
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give it more stars

Ms. Wilder has worked her magic again with this couple! Time is not on his side to find his one that fate designed just for him and he has lost hope looking for her. Fynn is the perfect business woman but after a disastrous date hope doesn't look well for these two. But Gerri hasn't been wrong yet and these two from such different worlds are exactly what they each need.
I really hope Mrs. Verte continues the characters from this book into a series.I would love to
Red Risa
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So Gerri sets up a Berserker and a Mermaid..

What happens when Gerri matches a Berserker and a Mermaid..?! Being Gerri, we know the answer to that question. But, the author still leaves us wondering about a number of other questions, including, WHAT EXACTLY IS A BERSERKER?

The mermaid, Fynn, also has a few tricks up her sleeve, that she alluded to earlier in the story, but not fully revealed, I don't think. (Do mermaid have sleeves..?!),

Despite these unresolved issues, I thought that this was a we
Shannan
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always enjoyed both the series this story spins off of and the other works by this author. Combined it was a short fun read about a mermaids and a Berserker. I never would've thought of a Viking Berserker as a paranormal being so this was quite interesting to me. I'm curious if there are male mer as the heroine is half human half mer.

Though the story is super brief and the epilogue is a jump forward, it wraps itself up pretty well and the action moves fairly smoothly. My favorite part is t
Jill
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Addian and Fynn are set up on a date by the infamous Gerri but it doesn't go like they planned. However, they continue their relationship in a business capacity. Time is running out for Addian and he needs a mate or bad things are going to happen.

Fynn was a very independent, strong, kick a$$ woman and Addian was a very self confident, alpha, tough guy that can recognize when he's met his match and he needs to obey his woman.

I loved the back and forth between these 2 and look forward to the secon
Vickie Chaisson
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Imagine a mermaid and a berserker now that is a true beauty and the beast story. Opposites attract and Fynn and Addian have a chemistry that cannot be denied. This is a perfect book to fit into the Paranormal Dating Agency. All of the characters are different shall we say and are strongly written. Addian is about to have a clan war because he is an alpha without a mate. He is slowly losing his mind because of the pressure of it all. Fynn is the perfect mate for him because her song soothes him a ...more
Monica
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute romance. Funny in some parts. I think my only issue is I wasnt feeling the emotional side of Addian and Fynn's mating. They liked each other sure. Things got off to a rocky start with them...but I never felt the emotional connection I would normally feel with mates. There was no talk of feelings between the 2. Not necessarily love but you know I wanted to feel something about the 2. I just didnt though. Its a good story and written well otherwise.
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read a few of SAVANNAH VERTE books and loved them but then , !!!! POW !!! I read Baing a Berserker and LOVED IT. The connection between Flynn and Addrian got off rocky but after that WOW. They brought out the best in the other and other Beserkers are seeing that mermaid's are not the nice, sweet things that are in story books. Thank you Savannah Verte for this series , I'll be reading book 2 as soon as I'm done here
Margaret Appel
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing Like a Calming Bubble Bath

Addian is a beserker in need of a mate before his 30th birthday or he can be challenged for his alpha clan position. With the help of a matchmaker he is set up on a date with Finn, a mermaid who is an interior designer. Can two obviously different individuals make it past a first date? This was a fun "shifter" read and definitely different! Loved it!
Nancy Bodie
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story!

This is the first book by this author that I have read, it was well written and a nice fit into this Kindle World. The character choice was unique. It was nice to read a new take on what this author believes the characteristics of these beings would be. Storyline was well paced and engaging.
Stacy Ross
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I love the paranormal dating agency books.
Addian needs to mate before his birthday or someone else takes over so on his behalf his omega writes to Gerri asking for her help.
The first date is a disaster. It's fun to find out how it works out. Oh and NEVER underestimate a mermaid lol.
Dawn Ireland
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting, but scattered

For me, the problems began on page 1 of Chapter 1. She puts the kettle on, it boils, she pours a cup and let’s it steep. That’s all fine and dandy, but what’s steeping? Boiled water? No mention of tea. That’s just the beginning of the problems I came across. It’s a great concept, original ideas, but really needs an editor.
Jenell Shull
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Savannah did it again. I love the idea of the dating agencies the supernatural. You have done it again I didn't put it down til I finished the last page. Left me wanting more. I can not wait to see what is next
Nikki Bao
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Addian is the Alpha of his clan and needs to find a mate asap. With help of his Omega, he contacts Gerri Wilder. Fynn has been dealing with too many 'Mr. Wrongs' and frankly she's tired of it. Gerri contacts her with a possible mate. Can they get along or will they bump heads?
Cora
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute! I love that Flynn was a badass even though Addrian didn’t ever truly believe her until there were dead bodies floating in her pool. That part was actually kind cute. I wish there was more to the story, but it was great as it was.
Barbara
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
What are you?

Not your typical contemporary romance. The story of Fynn and Addain is far from normal. Matched by a dating agency, they embark upon an adventure into each other's worlds.
Shelly
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. Love the strong characters and how these two unlikely people come together. Can't wait to see if she comes out with more with these two.
Nicki Handfield
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yay mermaids!!

This one was pretty good. I love reading about mermaids and seeing what authors decide what they can do. Well written and another great match by Gerri.
Tena Barnes
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Fynn.

To me this had a funny side to it. Addian is the big Alpha but Fynn is ultimate mate to me anyway. She may be a mermaid but she's a badass mermaid
Dawn Carey
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Baiting A Beserker

Phenomenal storytelling !!! What a wonderful and intriguing read. Lots of interesting people and the author really knows how to draw you into her books.
Natalie
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal Dating Agency: Baiting A Berserker

I really wanted to see him turn into a merman. His Mate is badass if she could destroy Berserkers like that.
Gen
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

It was very nice to have a strong female lead. I really enjoyed her no-nonsense, take no prisoners attitude. Very enjoyable.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Baiting a Berserker

Entertaining! A delightful PNR that was fun to read. I enjoyed the characters and how they challenged and complicated each other perfectly.
Helen Simpson
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FIRST BOOK IN THE SERIES AND A GREAT START. ACTION AND DATING A GREAT COMBINATION. AN UNLIKELY PAIRING AND A GREAT INTRODUCTION INTO GERRI AND HER PARANORMAL DATING AGENCY.
Samantha Lundergn
This book was great! I really enjoyed both Adidian and Fynn. This book kept me entertained from start to finish! I will be following this series until the end!

• Bat's Got Bite (The Lazar Sisters, #1)
  • Visible Panther Line (Paranormal Dating Agency, #27)
  • His Twisted Tail: Paranormal Dating Agency (Twisted Tail Pack Book 1)
  • Bring to Bear (Paranormal Dating Agency, #24)
  • Royally Screwed (Otherworld Shifters #1)
  • Bite My Bengal (Heads N' Tails, #3)
  • The Way to a Bear's Heart (Paranormal Dating Agency)
  • Bearback Lumberjack (Paranormal Dating Agency)
  • Batty for Dragons (The Lazar Sisters, #2)
  • Hot Piece of Ash (Paranormal Dating Agency #28)
  • Keeping Pace (Paranormal Dating Agency / Gemma-Hydrox, #1)
  • Protector Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #2)
  • Dragon Mate: Dragon Shifter Romance (MateMatch Outcasts Book 5)
  • Heavenly Protector (Gemma-Hydrox, #3)
  • Spring Fling: Paranormal Dating Agency (Twilight Crossings Book 2)
  • Adamant Eve (Paranormal Dating Agency / Gemma-Hydrox, #2)
  • Monster Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #4)
  • Grizzly Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #1)

Making Waves (5 books)
  • Grow Some Gills (Making Waves, #2)
  • Kiss My Splash (Making Waves, #3)
  • No Wake Zone (Making Waves, #4)
  • Elemental Protector (Making Waves, #5)

News & Interviews