Start by marking “A Rake's Redemption” as Want to Read:
A Rake's Redemption

A Rake's Redemption

(Rake Trilogy #1)

Alexander Ashley has decided women of the ton are more interested in status than love. His game is seduction and nothing more. His feelings regarding aristocratic ladies leads to an outlandish idea—prove a servant can be taught to be as ladylike as those born to it. And the beautiful Inis Fitzgerald might be just the woman for his plan.

Inis Fitzgerald escaped her home in
Published July 23rd 2018 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about A Rake's Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rake's Redemption

Start your review of A Rake's Redemption
Pelusa Rivera
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the third book in the series and I enjoyed it as I enjoyed the previous books. This was Alex's book and if you have read the previous books (I really hope you did) you know what had happened to him, how he got jilted, how his brother was truly not a very nice person and why Alex is bitter and wanting to get some sort of payback. Alex is sleeping his way thru the tons supposed "ladies" all married to titled friends of his pompous brothers, he is very specific he gives them a night to ...more
Jill
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Inis escapes from her uncle after learning of an arranged marriage that has been made for her and arrives in London. After unexpected events happen, she finds herself employed as a horse trainer for Alex. Later Alex has a plan to teach Inis to act the part of a lady to get revenge on his brother for marrying Amelia, the woman he wanted to marry. Unexpected events happen and Alex learns Inis is not who she claims to be and her uncle comes to get her. The book is full of unexpected events that add ...more
Holly Bargo
Silly

While we have a spunky, aristocratic heroine pretending to be a commoner and a tolerant rake of a aristocratic hero, the plot is absurd, overwrought, and sprinkled with anachronisms and modern language. I read it to the end, which says more about me than the quality of the story. Still, it's certainly not the worst I've read. If you're looking for a bit of fluff to while away some time, this will suit.
Monique
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read, with all sorts of twists and turns. I like the H/h, even though at times they worked my nerves with a few of their choices. I also like the fact that when the sexytimes occured, it was about two-thirds into the book. As there was no resolution with the villainess, I'm hoping that she'll get her just reward in the second book, which I will also read.
Nicole
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this novel from net galley and the publisher for an honest review. Thank you!
This novel was an enjoyable read. I enjoyed the characters and the plot.
Inis Fitzgerald is the niece of an Irish duke who has no plans to marry the man her uncle has chosen for her. She is good with horses and stubborn. She escapes to England where she ends up in the employ for Alexander Ashley, a notorious rake. Alex is the brother of a duke and the two do not get along. He was hurt by a woman who he
Maggie Whitworth
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it

A wonderful book , lighthearted and amusing but with a background of seriousness and attempts in murder .
This Author is great I love the way she writes .
A new favourite I think
I received an advance copy of this book and chose to submit a review
Kate
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
An unrepentant rake
Alexander Ashley is the brother of a Duke, and has always lived in his brother’s shadow. Even the woman he meant to marry preferred his brother. So Alex has been seeking his vengeance by seducing the wives of his brother’s friends and marking the interludes with a particular gift. Now, after acquiring the debt of a young lady groom in a card game, he has a new plan for his revenge: pass off a commoner as a lady and embarrass the Duke.
A lady in hiding
Inis Fitzgerald, who’s
KriisGaia
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
For Lord Alexander Ashley, jumping out the bedroom window of his latest assignation is not anything new. He is a rake after all, and In A Rakes Redemption, he finally meets his match.

After his brother, the Duke of Dansworth steals his fiancée he decides to take his revenge. He has assignations with all of the wives of his brother’s friends, once only. The wives are rewarded with an exquisite tryst and a lovely négligée.

When Lady Inis Fitzgerald is confronted by her uncle, the Duke of Kildair,
Pamela
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Inis Fitzgerald has had it up to here with the men in her life. When her uncle announces she will wed the man he has chosen for her, Inis decides enough is enough. Inis disguises herself as a boy and boards a ship to England. Unfortunately, things don't go exactly as planned.

Alexander Ashley is bent on getting revenge on his brother for marrying the woman he loved. In order to do that, he begins seducing all of his brother's friend's wives. It's all just fun and games until Inis falls into his
Kat
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun start to Cynthia Breeding's new Regency Rakes series. Inis, a member of Irish nobility, dresses herself as a boy and takes off for London in order to escape a marriage to a man her uncle the Duke is forcing her to marry. She is quickly robbed and hides in a carriage, and the Lord who owns the carriage forces her to work for him as punishment. Alex wins the "boy" in a card game, and Inis's cover is quickly blown.

Alex is basically a likeable man whore. He sleeps with married women
Holly Flom
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A pleasant surprise

I belong to book pub and often buy books at an introductory cost to launch new authors. This books description caught my interest and I bought it to try. I was pleasantly surprised that it was well written and a good story. I liked it because it wasn’t full of sex scenes (only one and I thought that it was tasteful) and I got to enjoy the meat of the story.

Inis is a Lady, she hails from the aristocracy of Ireland, her Uncle is her guardian and he has contracted a marriage for
Brenda
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Publisher's Description:

Inis Fitzgerald escaped her home in Dublin to avoid an arranged marriage and is now working for a rakishly handsome lord who seems to
Shakera
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
After trying to thwart her uncle's plans to marry her off to someone she didn't love, let alone like, Inis Fitzgerald runs away to London. After an interesting turn of events, Inis finds employment with Alexander Ashley, a self-proclaimed rake who has one agenda, seduce the women of theton. He's doing so well at this, there's a club. However, as he gets to know Inis, he realizes she's perfect for his scheme, teach Inis all about how to be a lady... just enough to fool theton. Can she maneuver ...more
Linda
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
When her guardian uncle, an Irish Duke betroths her to a man she loathes, Inis disguises herself as a boy & runs away to London. An encounter with a thief leaves her penniless but after a series of incidents, Inis finds herself in the employ of Alex; Lord Ashley as his hostler. When her cap blows off while she is attempting to show her prowess on a horse and her disguise revealed, Alex after some persuasion reluctantly still gives Inis the job. And yes, she is very good with horses and ...more
Janet
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars
Alexander Ashley has decided women of the ton are more interested in status than love. His game is seduction and nothing more and only once. His feelings regarding aristocratic ladies leads to an outlandish idea—prove a servant can be taught to be as ladylike as those born to it. And the beautiful Inis Fitzgerald might be just the woman for his plan.
Inis Fitzgerald niece of a duke escaped her home in Dublin to avoid an arranged marriage and is now in London under the name Inis O’Brien
Connie
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Entangled Publishing through NetGalley and I also purchased a copy of this book as well as I loved it.

This is the first book that I have read from this author. I truly enjoyed this intriguing story. Inis flees Ireland dressed as a lad. Through a series of events, she comes to stay with Alex to as a hostler (a groom). Alex immediately discovers that she is a woman as her cap flies off her head as she rides a horse. Alex hatches a plan to teach
Demetra
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, arcs, netgalley
Here's the thing, I haven't read that much historical romances this far. Surprisingly this one peaked my interest and I actually enjoyed it!!

Alex is a Duke's brother. His almost betrothed jilted him for his brother, because of his title. Now Alex seduces women that are married to men with a connection to his brother and after one night with them sends them a silk negligee. Inis, is the niece of an Irish Duke. Her uncle wants to marry her with a man twice her age and in order to escape this fate,
Laila Viking
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A well written historical romance with a nice storyline and plot. I like the author has made a research to make the details and language better in the story. Likeable characters that have a nice chemistry.
It is fun, romantic, sweet, emotional and enjoyable to read. It caught me from the first to last page. A story of a nice length with twists and turns.
I like the theme is different and that is so well written that you get caught in it. The writing style and use of words makes it absolutely
Petula
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lady Inis Fitzgerald has run away from an unwanted betrothal. She hopes that by leaving Dublin for London it will make it that much harder for her uncle the powerful Duke of Kildare to find her.
Alexander Ashley is quite deliberately sleeping his way through the married wives of his brother's friends. It's an act of revenge, because his brother married the woman he once intended to marry. She decided she would rather have the oldest son and heir.
Our hero's twisted sense of humour and desire to
Patrica Liebe
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley and the publishers for a honest review.
Cynthia Breeding is a new-to-author so I was looking forward to reading 'A Rake's Redemption" after reading the blurb. I was not disappointed with the wonderful Heroine, of Inis Fitzgerald and the Hero, of Alexander Ashley and their great story. Inis is a heroine I can admire as she shows her strengths in fleeing her vile uncle's plan to marry a mother vile man like her uncle. and making the best of her fate when
Sissy's Romance Book Review
A Rake's Redemption by Cynthia Breeding is the story of Alexander Ashley and Inis Fitzgerald.
Alex feels hurt by the town's ladies for their attuide towards a man with a Title. Alex's was heading to marry a lady of the town when he felt she dumped him for his brother Title of Duke. From then on he went out of his way to do as much to as he can to throw things in his brother and his new wife's face. Inis is a lady of the town but when her family heads to marry her off to someone she refuses to
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Inis Fitzgerald is the niece of a powerful Irish Duke. When the Duke tries to force her into an arranged marriage, she flees to London. Inis ends up posing as a man and working as a horse trainer at the London home of Lord Alexander Ashley. Alex discovers her deceit and agrees to pay for her to sail to America if she will go out in London society and help him with his plan to seek revenge on his brother.

This was my first Cynthia
Amy
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book and the author hooked me in the beginning. Ireland, England, a little fae thrown in, a rake, a fiery Irish lass AND lots of talk about horses?! I'm in!

I thought this was done very well and enjoyed that there was no 'filler'. I sat down and read this all at once. Alex and Inis were perfect together, and this author didn't use sex to fill the pages. She used a great story instead-imagine that!

I loved the part about the villains too and where Alex and Inis ended
Denise Van plew
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
First time in reading this author with always on the look out for someone that can truly take me back for a bit. In this one it will have it plus the humor to tickle my fancy too. Alexander thinks he is going to give a go at a game that turns around to bite him. His conceptions are interesting but not far from the truth but not all should be cast to that lot. Inis will show him a thing or two but they both will be playing for more than they realize which is the fun of this read. It will also ...more
Fizza
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's a delightful story. Mostly it's lighthearted and quite romantic, with few darker parts. I loved both Inis and Alexander, two people who are perfect for each other.
Inis left home because she wants to live her life in her own way and refuses to follow her uncle's ambition. Alexander is looking for amusement. Both will get more than they bargained for.
I'd definitely recommend it to all historical fiction fans.

P.S. Detailed review to be added later

Tonileg
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Historical English romance with an Irish titled young lady that runs away from an arranged marriage to work in England as a horse trainer.
Crazy fantasy that our heroine gets away with her cross dressing so long or that she finds a job in the male designated work of horse training. So beyond the fantasy is how they ‘train’ her in a matter of weeks to enter high society when it took actual ladies a childhood (16 to 18 years) to Lorena the rules and social talents required in high society.
300ish
Malissa
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m bummed that the Duke, Amelia, and Miranda didn’t get their comeuppance, but then I’m petty like that and that in the end the stories of some characters I grew to love, like Elsie just ended.

Overall however I throughly enjoyed the story of Alex and Inis, it was clear from the beginning that nothing would go quite smoothly, of course, but I enjoyed all the little twists and turns getting them to their HEA.
Ruth Ann
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Regrets? Maybe?

This was a very well written book by Cynthia Breeding and I enjoyed reading it. A young woman, forced engagement, a young boy? A Rake, a new stable boy, revealed, a new horse trainer, a pompous brother, trickery, falling in love and even more. If any of this intrigues you, buy the book and enjoy reading it. I couldn't put the book down, had to read what came next. Loved it and so will you. I would recommend this book to everyone.
Cheryl
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an extremely entertaining read. Alex was a charming rogue with an older brother he loved to annoy. Inis was a spirited lady was didn’t seem afraid of taking her chances to escape a future planned by her uncle. There were some interesting secondary characters in the friends of Alex. This was a light hearted read, good paced story which I thoroughly enjoyed. I received a copy from the publisher via Netgalley and have voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Betty Sotherland
Interesting plot well written

My first book by Ms. Breeding,but won't be the last. Her word pictures and dialog were well written. The book moved along at a rapid pace with an ending not what we romance readers expect, but an unexpected treat. Thank you Ms. Breeding for writing such an enjoyable book.

• Only a Duke Would Dare  (Seductive Scoundrels, #2)
  • To Dare a Duke (Girls Who Dare, #1)
  • The Dashing Widow (Regency Romps, #1)
  • Duke In Disguise (The Stafford Sisters Book 1)
  • Misadventures with the Duke (Forever Yours #4)
  • The Viscount's Heart (Weddings and Scandals)
  • To Vex a Viscount (Lords of London #4)
  • Dukes Prefer Bluestockings (Wedding Trouble, #2)
  • The Wager (Lords of Scandal Book 1)
  • To Love a Marquis (Reformed Rakes Book 1)
  • Love Forever After
  • Tempting Fate (Providence, #2)
  • The Treasure Bride (Gold Coast Brides Book 1)
  • The Return of Lord Avondale: Regency Romance (London Season Matchmaker Book 1)
  • The Lady's Dangerous Love (The Langley Sisters #6)
  • A Duke for Daisy (The Blooming Brides Book 1)
  • An Earl's Redemption (Brides of London)
  • Reason to Wed (Distinguished Rogues, #7)
An avid reader of anything medieval, Cynthia Breeding has taught the traditional Arthurian legends to high school sophomores for fifteen years. She owns more than three hundred books, fictional and non-fictional, on the subject. More information on Arthur, Gwenhwyfar and Lancelot can be found on the Historical Account link.

In addition, she has won numerous awards including the Holt Medallion,

Rake Trilogy (3 books)
  • A Rake's Revenge (Rake Trilogy Book 2)
  • A Rake's Rebellion (Rake Trilogy, #3)