Start by marking “Tomorrow Most Likely” as Want to Read:
Tomorrow Most Likely

Tomorrow Most Likely

Rather than focusing on going to bed—and what kid wants to think about going to bed?—this book explores all of the dreamy, wonderful, strange things the next day might bring.
Published April 2nd 2019 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Tomorrow Most Likely, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tomorrow Most Likely

Start your review of Tomorrow Most Likely
Hannah Greendale
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Tomorrow Most Likely frolics with the rhyming and repetition children so often love.

Lane Smith's illustrations are a paragon of color and texture. His work imbues the book with all the breath and life of a bustling city. Pay close attention and you'll spot little details from one page carrying over onto the next.

A lively tale of a boy discovering the wonders that tomorrow holds. Tomorrow Most Likely is sure to inspire inquisitive minds and adventurous spirits.
Tomorrow most likely
you'll se
Calista
Wow, the artwork is stunning. I do enjoy the artwork. It’s a little poem with each line starting ‘Tomorrow most likely’, for example, ‘the sun will come out’. The story is simple and a contemplation of life of sorts.

I didn’t think there was a whole lot here in this story.

The nephew didn’t think so either. There is a bug in the story and he liked the bug, but this might have been too young for him. At least it was fast. He gave this 2 stars.
Hilary
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Hilary by: Found in the library
2.5 stars. The illustrations are okay, the text tells you how anything might happen the next day. This could be an interesting idea but felt like random statements of what could happen. Not very interesting.
Raven Black
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A coworker asked me if this was as cute as it is supposed to be. I said, "Weeeellll... My logic is taking over." How do you explain that maybe you won't have met Cousin Todd? Or the sky isn't blue today? But then I thought, it is a good discussion book. I am thinking this will be a graduation gift. Baby shower gift. Even birthday or bridal shower gift for an adult. It has something about it that is not really for kids, yet is perfect for kids, but also perfect for adults, too. And of course, Lan ...more
Michele Knott
In a world of uncertainty, concentrate on the possibilities.
Becky
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
It's fine, but not quite my kind of picture book.
Barbara
Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Almost everyone has thought about tomorrow's possibilities as they lie in bed. This picture book ruminates on what might happen, ranging from the commonplace to the unexpected and absurd, and inserting a squirrel named Stu as one boy imagines going about his day, embracing whatever life might have to offer. The payoff, of course, comes near the end as the author makes clear that "Tomorrow most likely / will be a great day / because you're in it" (unpaged), but ...more
Cindy Dobrez
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This imagining of what tomorrow *could* bring would make a great creative writing prompt for many ages. The rhymed couplets here are often absurd--why not a squirrel named Stu--making it a fun read-aloud that will elicit giggles. I laughed at the non-rhyming page! Lane's artwork is fun and provides lots of details and changing perspectives to inspire young artists as well. Tomorrow's possibilities are many, especially when you think outside the box.
Stacy
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
I wanted to read this book because it is illustrated by Lane Smith. Unfortunately, it's a bunch of random nonsense - but not the good kind of random nonsense.

The only parts I liked were "Tomorrow most likely the bug will seem worried. He's missing a friend. (His friend's name is Stu.)" and at the end where the last page says, "and Stu is okay." 🐿️

I'm sure everyone else will love it though.

Andrew
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bestselling author David Eggers brings us a sweet poem about ordinary occurrences that might make tomorrow great. A squirrel named Stu, a song, perhaps a fancy rock? There are endless possibilities. Gorgeous blocky and colorful settings as we follow a young boy through his thoughts of what tomorrow may have in store.
Beverly
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pbf-general
Not so much a story as a list of the possibilities tomorrow might bring. The outstanding illustrations, created in oils, pen and ink and paper collage are appealing with interesting textures. Text and illustrations fit together very well.
Linda
How can anyone not want a "lift" for tomorrow, all the marvelous and amazing things that 'most likely' can happen? It's a lesson in anticipation when seeing Lane Smith's gorgeous ways to illustrate Eggers' beautiful imagination!
Dina
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the ARC from #edelweiss! The pictures are gorgeous. I can’t wait to buy this book next year for my first child. He is one of my favorite authors of all time.
Stefanie Kellum
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
*I read a digital ARC of this title from the publisher via Edelweiss.
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
Desiree
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice rhymtastic book. I loved the mixed media illustrations.
Anne
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I picked this up based on the cover. The illustrations throughout do not disappoint.
Jenn
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love the collage illustrations and the variety of people, places, and languages. The flow of the language makes for a good read aloud for all ages.
Solange Guillen
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, read2019
“You might write a song and sing it too loud.
There are mountains of time
and oceans of faces,
canyons of color and skies full of places.”

Nice rhymes. No plot.
Elizabeth
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tomorrow could be ordinary, tomorrow could be magical. Tomorrow could even be a combination of both. This book is a sweet celebration of all of the tomorrows to come!
Lynn
Wonderful musings about what one could do wondering around a city (San Francisco?) tomorrow. Beautiful words, and beautiful illustrations. A classic.
Katie Fitzgerald
Nov 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book is just a random jumble of ideas accompanied by illustrations. Maybe it was trying to be whimsical, but it was just weird and dull.
Shannon Navin
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm very excited to have the opportunity to review a children's book for you. This one, by Dave Eggers (you may know him as the author of A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius) and illustrated by Lane Smith (Stinky Cheese Man anyone?) is a beautiful bedtime story about the things that might happen tomorrow.

The illustrations are gorgeous, colorful and whimsical...I could have looked at them all day and I can only imagine how fascinating they would be for little imaginations.

I also enjoyed mos
Michelle (FabBookReviews)

Dave Eggers, in collaboration with 826 National, and illustrator Lane Smith team up for the irrepressible, jovial and sweetly affecting rhyming story Tomorrow Most Likely, which takes readers on a look at the downright wonderful, unanticipated, and cool things that a tomorrow- and the world- may bring to you. You may, for example, smell the smell of a peculiar, unknown-to-you flower, compose the lyrics to a new song, or take a bite out of a cloud! (There is also, I would like to note, an earnest
Laura Giessler
Lane Smith's artwork in this book is outstanding! The textures, collage, colors--wow! The text is interesting and grew on me; it could be read through quickly and not appreciated, which I fear might happen with a quick read aloud. But if you sat with it and read closely, you could mine this text for all kinds of writing and thinking possibilities--what would kids come up with that might happen "most likely" tomorrow, giving attention to all the senses? Would love to see! I think Stu the squirrel ...more
Ben Truong
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tomorrow Most Likely is a children's picture book written by Dave Eggers and illustrated by Lane Smith, which centers on the possibilities of tomorrow as told through the eyes of a sleeping boy.

Dave Eggers' text is rather simplistic, straightforward, and poetic. Written with simple rhymes, Eggers proposes the many possibilities that tomorrow may bring, through the eyes of a sleepy boy, who is finding difficulty falling asleep. Smith's illustrations are rather colorful and filled with many textur
Shaye Miller
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can we take a moment just to appreciate that gorgeous cover?! With the lush grass and flowers in focus and the colorful pastel buildings off in the distance, I wanted to jump into the scenery before I even began reading. In rhyming text and with dreamlike illustrations, Eggers shares a number of things that will “likely” happen tomorrow (including the chance of seeing a blue sky or eating a brown meal). After reading this one, young children might enjoy creating their own book of things that cou ...more
Becky B
A little boy wonders what tomorrow could bring as he goes to bed.

This is cute and imaginative, like something a kid would come up with at bed time. The art style in this is similar to the one Lane Smith used in A Perfect Day. It's a little whimsical with brush strokes occasionally visible. He chose to set it in NYC, primarily Central Park. The other stuff Eggers has put out recently for kids has been so profound I went into this expecting more from it. This isn't bad, just not what I expected. I
Vicki
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture
What will happen tomorrow, this book wonders.

The title of the book is a bit of a repetitive phrase, with an odd cadence of rhyming text I couldn’t quite get use to while reading it out loud.

The some of the rhyming words are bit forced such as: odd/ Cousin Todd. Another time the author admits at one point in the book that “ something won’t rhyme”!

The illustrations are great, lots to look at for a young reader/listener.

Love the yellow hat.
Elaine Fultz
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: k-2-read-alouds
Clearly odd and charming, but this will take a test-run read-aloud with real live kids for an accurate review.

My favorite page shows a light brown hand holding a patterned rock. Text: "Tomorrow most likely/you'll pick up a stone/striped like a spiderweb or maybe a brain."
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Just in Case You Want to Fly
  • Going Down Home with Daddy
  • Because
  • Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story
Dave Eggers is the author of ten books, including most recently Your Fathers, Where Are They? And the Prophets, Do They Live Forever?, The Circle and A Hologram for the King, which was a finalist for the 2012 National Book Award. He is the founder of McSweeney’s, an independent publishing company based in San Francisco that produces books, a quarterly journal of new writing (McSweeney’s Quarterly ...more

News & Interviews